Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink CD (album) cover

IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK

Caravan

Canterbury Scene

VOTOMS
5 stars Flawless album. The lyrics and the songs, both great! Caravan's In The Land of Grey And Pink is overrated here in PA, but it deserves. The Canterbury music scene is highly influenced by jazz and psychedelia, but in a calm way. Sinclair's voice is the best voice for my ears, I feel totally relaxed. Chill out...

Golf Girl is, no more no less, a classic song for any classic rock fan. It's the opening track and it makes you wonder what will come, it's the key to this wondergul Land of Grey And Pink. So, the second track, the first masterpiece. Sounds strange, I know, but I always felt shiver when I heard Richard's singing "Carry me with you...", and then the whole band starts to play. Winter Wine is one of the most beautiful songs that I ever heard. It starts slowly. The song follow a dreamer (after drinking wine) to an epic dream, and you know, "dreams are always ending far to soon". Love To Love You (And Tonight Pigs Will Fly) is the third track, starring Hastings on vocals, and the song called In The Land of Grey And Pink is the next, similar to Golf Girl in the guitar rhytms and another great track. And we have the B side: Nine Feet Underground. This is so catchy that I use to play this song intro in my own mind, unconsciously, almost everyday. Beautiful keyboards here. Beautiful everything. The song is divided into 8 parts, and I love them all. This is real music!

Yes, it brings it all back to me.

VOTOMS | 5/5 |