Pendragon - Not Of This World  CD (album) cover

NOT OF THIS WORLD

Pendragon

Second Life Syndrome
5 stars Wow! This album is so epic and so grand that I can barely put words together to describe it. As the first Pendragon release I've heard, I was startled by the incredibly profound themes and lyrics. I was also impressed by the beautiful artwork.

Pendragon have a great style of neo-prog, and acoustic guitar often dominates. That's okay because I really can't think of an album that features more complex or better played acoustic guitar. The guitarist has an amazing talent.

I know that multi-part songs as often called cliche around here, but I couldn't help but love each and every track. I honestly love multi-part songs, especially ones that feature vastly different styles between tracks, but still share a great overture of some sort. This album shows this style, and they really hit it out of the park. The vocalist purrs along at a masterful rate, while the synth binds the album together. This album is a well-constructed whole.

This album is, um, elegant. Sophisticated. Lofty. Magnificent. Eminent. Oh, I can't pick a word. Take all of them at once.

Second Life Syndrome | 5/5 |