Projected Twin - Earth To World CD (album) cover

EARTH TO WORLD

Projected Twin

Second Life Syndrome
4 stars So, I listened to this first album by Projected Twin after hearing the second album that released recently. I was mighty impressed by the progressive nature of "Earth vs. World", and I had high hopes for this album, too.

Right off the bat, I can say this album is not as strong. That is a good thing because the second should be stronger, right? This album starts out with a few songs that sound very alternative, almost like Incubus. I know this artist has a huge crush on Brandon Boyd of Incubus, and I'm sure he takes much influence. That's not a bad thing. In retrospect, this band could almost be called a progressive form of Incubus.

After the more alternative opening songs, this album gets really good. There are plenty of spacey and eerie moments, and some great vocal sparring between male and female voices. In other words, the second part of this album is truly a prog album I recommend this highly, especially as a prelude to the stunning second album.

Second Life Syndrome | 4/5 |