Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People CD (album) cover

Mogwai

Post Rock/Math rock

progadicto
4 stars Nice surprise!

Since months ago I'm trying to catch this "post rock" stuff and I've found this wonderful album. Just like Sulateral sais in a previous review, this album is "emotional, magical, captivating" but no depressing but melacholic and tenderly sad. The music seems to flow in a distant galaxy and every arrangement is very delicated.. I mean, even the raw parts of the album sounds magically epical.

From the first and frightening notes of Hunted by a Freak, you can feel the emotional energy of Mogwai. Even when every songs is really good, my highlights are Kids Will be Skeletons, Ratts of the Capital, I Know You Are But What am I? and the powerful Stop Coming to my House; songs full of symphonic arrangements, incredible electronic/organic parts, slow and hypnotizing rhythms... not for first listeners but I'm sure that the real music lovers will enjoy this amazing experience.

BTW the title of the album is totally appropiated...

progadicto | 4/5 |