Aphrodite's Child - End Of The World CD (album) cover

Aphrodite's Child

3 stars Aphrodite's Child. The greek god Vangelis wasn't so strong yet. More psychedelic than prog (as you can judge by the cover art). End of The World is their debut, and in my point of view, far better than the legendary conceptual, but poor, "666". Nothing so special at this album, but it's a cool listening. I like the instrumentation, the drums and keyboards are funny. You Always Stand in My Way is the highlight of the album, without any doubt. The weakest songs are Rain and Tears, The Grass Is No Green, and the over the top ending track, Day of The Fool. It's good, but it lacks the special sauce.
VOTOMS | 3/5 |