Threshold - Dead Reckoning CD (album) cover

5 stars 9/10

While many will complain that this album is just "more of the same", I found here an experience as rewarding as in his earlier works. What hurts me is knowing that this was the last album with Mac, who would leave the band a year ahead, and died in 2011, unfortunately.

The album starts with a bang epic Slipstream. In his less than 5 minutes is easily the best song on the album. There are some guttural vocals Guest Dan Swano her and Elusive (another monster song), but it's nothing that comes to bother me. The remaining 50 minutes are easily on par with other highlights being Pilot in the Sky of Dreams, Fighting for Breath and the ballad Safe to Fly (again, they do not disappoint me with their wonderful ballads).

4.5 stars.