Seventh Wonder - Become CD (album) cover

BECOME

Seventh Wonder

SevDawg
3 stars This album is just average for me. It's definitely a more power emphasized progressive album than its successors, which I have no problem with because I'm a power metal fan, it's just not quite as good.

The vocals are okay, they are less than stellar for me. Unfortunately a lot of the time it seems the vocals are there for the sake of being there. Guitar/keyboard work is fine, there's definitely a large improvement in later albums. Bass is audible most of the time which is great in progressive/power metal, that's one thing I really like about this album and SEVENTH WONDER in general.

The overall sound quality of the album seems subpar, especially when you compare it to "Waiting in the Wings". It's okay given it's their first album, though it does take away from the experience.

A few tracks I enjoy from this album are "Temple in the Storm" and "What I've Become". Everything else is just average power metal.

SevDawg | 3/5 |