Jethro Tull - Stand Up CD (album) cover

STAND UP

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

VOTOMS
4 stars NEW THOUGHTS ABOUT THE ALBUM: Well, Stand Up is the only Tull album that I haven't bought yet, my feeling about this album was made years ago listening to the LP from a friend of mine. So, after my review, a reader told me to try again. And I tried, after many years. There's no weak track, for my surprise. It sounds like a new album for me, and very ecletic. The highlight of the album is Reasons For Waiting, because I really couldn't remember this acoustic track, and it's awesome!

OLD REVIEW: Heavier and proggish than before, but weak. Without Mick Abrahams, the band lose the smooth blues behind. Stand Up has two great moments: The first and promising track A New Day Yesterday, and the very popular Bouree. The instrumental of the whole album is very well done, but the songs are too much boring following a natural sameness of the rock from their decade. The special and unique point of the band is Ian Anderson flute, but you can find it in every single album looking at their catalogue. And particularly, I haven't found the Stand Up flute so well developed as before.

VOTOMS | 4/5 |