Camel - Moonmadness CD (album) cover

MOONMADNESS

Camel

Second Life Syndrome
5 stars Love love love this album! As the first Camel album I'd heard, I was surprised by the sound. I'm not sure what I was expecting (maybe a Yes clone?), but what I got was spectacular synth- driven prog with some gentle vocals, wonderful flutes, and maybe some space rock influence, too.

Right off the bat, I was wowed by the short "Aristillus" with its spacey vibe, and I was continually impressed with "Spirit of the Water", "Another Night" and "Lunar Sea". This music is right up my alley, and now I can see the influence of this band in newer neo-prog bands such as Hidden Lands and Oblivion Sun (both are worth the time). The playful, spacey synth elates my nervous system every time Peter Bardens goes off on another solo. I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of their discography.

Second Life Syndrome | 5/5 |