Sleepmakeswaves - ... and so we destroyed everything CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars An extremely well written album by Sydney siders Sleepmakeswaves. Unlike contemporaries such as Explosions In The Sky and Mogwai, Sleepmakeswaves add a sense of pace and dynamics to their music making it feel like more of a musical roller coaster than what the other said artists which contain less energy and pace. Stand out tracks for me are, to you they are birds, to me they are voices in the forest and our time is short but your watch is slow/a gaze blank and pitiless as the sun. A very solid collection of tracks and I will be looking forward to their next release.
hamo1689 | 4/5 |