Anathema - Eternity CD (album) cover

Anathema

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
4 stars 7.5/10

And here things start to work, thankfully.

With Eternity, I get to see Anathema who I became a fan. No more guttural vocals, and I am eternally grateful for it: this is an album of transition, more melodic and ethereal than its predecessors. There are still a lot of weight here, but it is clear that the intention of the band is distancing himself from the sound of the first two albums towards something like say ... "enlightened."

When it comes to Anatehma, I like to use that word for some reason.

The production is still far from the best in the world. Especially the battery seems weaker here. And while Vincent sing melodically here, I think he will offer a better performance in the next album. One of the things that I like is the incursion of pianos and ethereal sounds, adding and boosting the overall sound of the band. The guitars continue to be the strong point here, and also mention to the bass of Duncan Petterson.

4 stars.