Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis? CD (album) cover

3 stars This record was a massive hit for Supertramp around the world, but most especially in the USA. It seems that the M.O.R. Music it contains suited the American market very well. This record doesnt flow together like crime of the century but remains a collection of very different songs. CoC works very well because the songs form a whole, without a concept holding these numbers together we are left with rather mediocre song writing played extremely well. In that respect they are very like 10cc. Of course it has its moments "Sister Moonshine", and "Two of Us" are good songs but by the end of side two I am ready to listen to something (almost anything ) else. Supertramp are ultimately a boring band with very little in the way of spark or excitement. Sure they composed some half decent singles and they are excellent musicians but it never really worked for me and like many Britains I stop buying Supertramp records after this one. I suppose I'm glad that the Americans liked them and that they made lots of money but I am left asking excitement what excitement ?
burgersoft777 | 3/5 |