KLOPFZEICHEN

Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Part one (23.31)
2. Part two (21.34)
Bonus Track:
3. Live at the Werner Festwochen Alternativ 1980 (15.56)

Search KLUSTER Klopfzeichen lyrics

Search KLUSTER Klopfzeichen tabs

Conrad Schnitzler, Dieter Moebius, Hans Joachim Roedelius
voice (track 1) / Christia Runge

1971 / 1996 Curious Music
1996 Hypnotic a division of Cleopatra CLP 9724-2
text by Liselotte Rauner, Rudolf Otto Wiemer, Dorothee Solle, Wolhelm Wilms, Eva Zelter, Uwe Seidel

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

KLUSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KLUSTER Klopfzeichen Music

FreedomFreedom
Essential Media 2008
Kluster - Zwei Osterei Reis Ogv LP Vinyl Record US $33.88 Buy It Now 14h 21m
KLUSTER Back to the Funk 12" US $13.88 Buy It Now 18h 52m
ERUPTION LP Colored Vinyl Conrad Schnitzler Kluster Tangerine Dream US $64.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kluster - I Feel Love [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Kluster - Music Down [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Kluster The Magic Of The Music 12" Vinyl Single US $11.43 Buy It Now 2 days
KLUSTER / Klopfzeichen -Conrad Schnitzler, MINI LP CD ! US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KLUSTER / Zwei-Osterei -Conrad Schnitzler, MINI LP CD ! US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ASMUS TIETCHENS Biotop LP BRAND NEW Krautrock Kluster Can Faust US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ASMUS TIETCHENS Spat-Europa LP BRAND NEW Krautrock Kluster Can Faust US $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kluster - Schwarz (Eruption) [Vinyl New] US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KLUSTER - SCHWARZ (ERUPTION) NEW VINYL US $38.13 Buy It Now 2 days
Kluster - Zwei Osterei Vinyl Record Sankt Otten Bureau B US $17.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Kluster My Love CD Single NEW Ron Carroll 4x Mixes Ultimate Release NEW MAXI US $4.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Kluster I Feel Love CD Single NEW 7 Track Ultimate Trance Club Sax Rare Remixes US $7.76 Buy It Now 2 days
ALEX GOPHER+DEMON PRESENT WUZ Use Me CD 3 Tracks Radio Edit/Edc Remix/Kluster U US $5.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Zwei-Osterei - Kluster New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 3 days
FRANCE press CONRAD SCHNITZLER Con LP Egg ?90184 KLUSTER Tangerine Dream 1984 US $69.98 Buy It Now 4 days
CLUSTER One Hour CTCD-606 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n337 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Cosmic Couriers I Other Places CD 1996 RARE SEALED Kluster Guru Guru Die Krupps US $69.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Pohjonen Kimmo - Kluster CD Pop Jazz US $19.40 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS & RENZIEHAUSEN Ersatz CTCD-580 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n309 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS & RENZIEHAUSEN Ersatz II CTCD-581 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n334 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS & ROEDELIUS Apropos Cluster CTCD-605 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n315 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS OST Blue Moon CTCD-579 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n320 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS & BEERBOHM Strange Music CTCD-601 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n310 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOEBIUS & BEERBOHM Double Cut CTCD-602 JAPAN MINI-LP CD w/OBI kluster n321 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kluster - Schwarz (Eruption) Vinyl Record LP US $23.23 Buy It Now 4 days
KLUSTER - Back To The Funk (12" 1999) US $3.25 [0 bids]
CD- Cluster- One Hour- 1994 Gyroscope GYR6610-2- Moebius & Roedelius- Kluster US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kimmo Pohjonen - Kielo 11-track digipack CD 1999 ktu kluster free US shipping! US $13.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kluster Featuring Ron Carroll- My Love 12" US $10.61 Buy It Now 6 days
KRAFTWERK Trans-Europe Express CD OOP (Kluster, Organisation, Gary Numan, Neu!) US $14.99 [0 bids]
Schwarz (eruption) - Kluster New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $25.01 Buy It Now 6 days
CONRAD SCHNITZLER "Trigger Trilogy" 3 X CD Box Set kluster cluster US $48.99 [0 bids]
CONRAD SCHNITZLER "Blau" CD first press 2001 kluster cluster US $24.49 [0 bids]
Private SCHNITZLER "Slow Motion" 3-sided 2-Lp LTD 200 Kluster/TD COSMIC SYNTH NM US $499.99 Buy It Now 6 days
KLUSTER Zwei Osterei (LP) (180 gram vinyl) (Conrad Schnitzler / Cluster) sealed US $23.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KLUSTER ZWEI OSTEREI - GERMAN IMPORT STUDIO 512-LP/Vinyl/Record US $74.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Admira [Slipcase/Digipak] - Kluster (CD) BRAND NEW US $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Kluster(12"Vinyl)Back To The Funk-Neo Musica-NEO12024-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KLUSTER: Zwei Osterei LP (Germany, 180 gram reissue) Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KLUSTER: Klopfzeichen LP (Germany, 180 gram reissue) Rock & Pop US $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Zwei Osterei - Kluster New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $34.68 Buy It Now 9 days
KLUSTER - BACK TO THE FUNK 12" RECORD / VINYL - NEO - NEO12024 US $3.25 Buy It Now 9 days
KLUSTER / CLUSTER - ZWEI / OSTEREI - MINI LP CD US $31.91 Buy It Now 9 days
KLUSTER Klopfzeichen LP NEW VINYL Conrad Schnitzler Mobies Bureau B Cosmic Rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Kluster - Schwarz (Eruption) [CD New] US $19.53 Buy It Now 10 days
ART OF MARGINAL TALENT CD & 5" KLUSTER CONRAD SCHNITZLER Hawkwind US $62.50 Buy It Now 10 days
KLUSTER - SCHWARZ (ERUPTION) NEW CD US $23.40 Buy It Now 10 days
Kluster - I Feel Love - Filtered - 2002 #77777 US $4.88 Buy It Now 11 days
Kluster - My Love [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - Back To The Funk [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - Freedom [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - My Love (Remixes) [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster: Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd cluster conrad schnitzler eno Z US $122.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - I Feel Love - STI - 2002 #81238 US $4.88 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - I Feel Love - STI - 2002 #79272 US $4.88 Buy It Now 12 days
Kluster - I Feel Love (Remixes) - STI - 2002 #81048 US $4.88 Buy It Now 12 days
KLUSTER KLUSTER CD 6 TRACK MINI ALBUM - 1996 USA US $24.49 Buy It Now 12 days
CAN The Legendary Can CD *NEW* SEALED German Prog NEU Kluster US $29.99 Buy It Now 13 days
KIMMO POHJONEN - KLUSTER NEW CD US $22.31 Buy It Now 13 days
Kimmo Pohjonen - Kluster [CD New] US $16.10 Buy It Now 13 days
NO 16.CD SINGLE..KLUSTER..BACK TO THE FUNK US $13.26 Buy It Now 13 days
Kluster, Klopfzeichen, 1970 Schwann Arm Studio, AMS 511, Germany US $72.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Kluster - Zwei Osterei [CD New] US $15.73 Buy It Now 13 days
KLUSTER - ZWEI OSTEREI (REISSUE) NEW CD US $23.40 Buy It Now 13 days
Kluster - Zwei Osterei CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Kluster - Schwarz (Eruption) CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Kluster ?- Klopfzeichen 1980 LP NM Schwann AMS Studio ?Germany studio 511 US $85.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Kluster ?- Zwei-Osterei 1980 LP NM Schwann AMS Studio ?Germany studio 512 US $95.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Kluster - Pohjonen,Kimmo New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $23.73 Buy It Now 15 days
Kluster - Magic Of The Music [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 15 days
CONRAD SCHNITZLER "Con 3" (LP) (180 gram vinyl) (Kluster / Cluster) US $28.00 Buy It Now 16 days
CONRAD SCHNITZLER Silber (LP) (180 gram vinyl) (Kluster / Cluster ) US $28.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Kluster & Ron Carrol 'My Love' TEST PRESSING 12" 2000 US $3.25 Buy It Now 16 days
Eruption [Digipak] by Kluster (CD, Nov-2012, Bureau B) US $17.03 Buy It Now 16 days
KLUSTER - ZWEI OSTEREI (REISSUE) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $38.13 Buy It Now 17 days
KLUSTER Klopfzeichen (LP) (180 gram vinyl) (Conrad Schnitzler / Cluster) US $25.00 Buy It Now 17 days
COCKSURE**KLUSTER**** KULTURE**CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Kluster - Back To The Funk - NEO - 1999 #36785 US $4.88 Buy It Now 17 days
Kluster ft. Ron Carroll - My Love (Mixes) (CD Single) US $5.70 Buy It Now 17 days
KLUSTER Klopfzeichen LP Schwann Ams Studio NEU! Conrad Schnitzler kraftwerk US $79.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Kluster - Zwei Osterei [Vinyl New] US $29.98 Buy It Now 17 days
Kluster Feat.Ron Caroll - My Love - Scorpio #51912 US $4.88 Buy It Now 18 days
My Love - Kluster New & Sealed CD MOD Free Shipping US $15.59 Buy It Now 18 days
CLUSTER Grosses Wasser LP orig SKY 027 KLUSTER brian ENO '79 roedelius US $129.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Kluster(12" Vinyl)My Love-Scorpio--UK-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $21.21 Buy It Now 19 days
Phats & Small 'This Time Around' 12" RMXS Bel Amour, Kluster, 2001 Tom Cruise US $4.88 Buy It Now 19 days
Kluster Feat.Ron Caroll - My Love (Remixes) #57852 US $4.88 Buy It Now 20 days
Kluster Feat.Ron Caroll - My Love (Remixes) #62488 US $4.88 Buy It Now 20 days
Kluster - Back To The Funk - Filtered - 1999 #29952 US $4.88 Buy It Now 20 days
KLUSTER - KLOPFZEICHEN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.96 Buy It Now 20 days
KLUSTER - ZWEI-OSTEREI [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.75 Buy It Now 21 days
NO 17.CD SINGLE..KLUSTER..I FEEL LOVE US $8.82 Buy It Now 21 days
Kluster ?- Music Down: Filtered Records 12" US $3.25 Buy It Now 21 days
KLUSTER - BACK TO THE FUNK - HOUSE CD SINGLE US $3.25 Buy It Now 21 days
Klopfzeichen - Kluster New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $25.23 Buy It Now 22 days
Kluster - The Magic Of The Music - 12 Inch Vinyl - Lis US $8.15 Buy It Now 23 days
Kluster - I Feel Love - 12 Inch Vinyl US $9.78 Buy It Now 23 days

More places to buy KLUSTER music online Buy KLUSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KLUSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KLUSTER Klopfzeichen ratings distribution

KLUSTER Klopfzeichen reviews

Review by Ricochet
3 stars Without hesitation, one of the most important, hard and astounding electronic class band is Kluster, made entirely out of an express desire to challenge the art and the movement of its kind (a kind to be discovered, entirely by one's own listening and recommendation). Revealed a lot as magisterial under the progressive electronic school of thoughts, dynamics and experiments (German-style, naturally, despite some influences that seem totally private, and others that numb out no particular music at all), the band's musical concept is yet far from such an easy definition (or even a ragged-drone one), mixing the hysteria or the silent respect of the krautrock/acid movement, deepening the experiment towards intricacy, desperation, no-logic, mechanical motion and abstractionism, or creating noise or independent electronic movements.

Conrad Schnitzler's vast past-60s experience is a good point of reflection leading to these early 70s years, when, not just in Kluster, but also in Tangerine Dream or in solo measures, his visions strode deep into challenging music, touch and artificiality in incomparably hard, technical, edasic and veracious ways. Moebius and Roedelius are a compact important duo joining Kluster, in a way that will continue into the good to great Cluster later albums, but not that much as to say that the Kluster moment of music, electronic, kraut-noise and experimentalism-dependency, was something far from retched, quasi-original, tonic, influential or drastic.

The Kluster sessions strike, dramatically, only three albums and only one year of work. But mixing a lot of progressive electronic, Berlin School music dynamics and elementary art-strain evolutions into your perspective leads always to the impression that the trio of Kluster have made some radical and brand astonishing moves, while other artists slept on a bit more easy or atmospheric, transitory or sound-reflexive tastes (not that many, for sure, since the classic years remain devoted to electronic excellencies, yet almost sensible, in the link between progressive and experimental, cosmic or mechanic, etc.).

Specifically in the Kluster dynamic of appreciation, Klopfzeichen is keen on being the most pointed out. It has a lot of the "elementary" power and details that the trio uses, in order for their gumble-art, organic-note or experimental-cause music to get the special shine. It's more introverted and ambient-shaded, in order for the orientation of electronic with noise and kraut to seem very clear and very impressive. But, down the artistic measure, the other two albums made by Kluster are entirely better, more rough, more skeptical regarding the electronic or sonic impulse.

Interesting, captivating or so-to-say full of exultation in Klopfzeichen are fragments of music, expression and expiration. The first part has a large side of low-mono sound and deep-physical voice narration, this last thing leading to imagining something from Floh de Cologne or Cosmic Jokers, but resembling actually neither. The topic is vast, acid or superficial, respectively, whether we're still talking about the word play, or of the actual effects of music, ambiance and primary sounds. The second part is more cold and ravishing, mixing an ambient "krust" of music, but also focusing the positive, artistic and magical moments of the noise-shrud, the experimental-surround or the typical abstract feel.

Klopfzeichen, with minimal, experimental, ambiental or collage elements of the electronic, kraut-docile, noise-sound or "kluster" blend of genres and illusions, is a sophisticated new brand and progressive effect; yet the most peaceful, intuitive, large-echoed experience too.

Send comments to Ricochet (BETA) | Report this review (#128539) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 15, 2007

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
1 stars I won't pretend that I like this album, or that I appreciate its place in history of Prog music. By my opinion, it's more Prog Electronic, but this fact is not so important. I've ranted in past, I'll rant in future and today dear readers, I'll rant too. It's not happening too often, because mostly, I listen albums that I suppose I'll like. Not this time.

Yes, this won't be nice and some of you may not like me because of that and for that, I'm sad. In these (in total) 44 minutes, there's about 3-4 minutes of interesting "sounds", the rest is either empty, or repeated so much that blood bleeds through my ears. Klopfzeichen should mean something like "pulsing" and yes, there's certainly Tangerine Dreams type of pulsing, the Space Rock one (celestial sounds), but that doesn't mean much to me. And German spoken text certainly doesn't help it at all (again, because some of you may feel offended, I don't hate Germany or its people, but the language sounds unpleasant to me).

Sad thing is that there's nothing I can really appreciate, only majority of album full of boredom, unbearable sounds and the minority is comprised of sounds that I can stand.

1(+), concept I wasn't able to understand, or there's nothing to understand at all ?

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#275555) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review by Guldbamsen
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
3 stars Immeasurable sounds

Comprised of Conrad Schnitzler and the soon to be Cluster duo of Dieter Moebius and Hans Joachim Roedelius, Kluster is today seen as one of the pivotal names of the early experimental electronic scene. A far cry from the later velvety shadings of the Berlin school, their debut album Klopfzeichen offers up a grim industrial palette of ominous metallic music.

Schnitzler and Roedelius originally met in the underground scene of Düsseldorf, where all kinds of experiments took place. It started out at the Zodiac Free Arts commune that sported equal measures of psychedelic music, free jazz and avantguarde trickery. This was way back in 1968, and it shows us that Krautrock, as we today know it, developed over a long period of time. It was through new ideas of how to live, express oneself and communicate with each other that eventually metamorphosed into the outspoken musical freedom, that I personally have come to love so dearly.

Klopfzeichen came into being around the same time that Tangerine Dream's Electronic Meditation was made. Most places on the internet state that it came out in 1970, but Kluster's debut was in fact made a whole year earlier. Schnitzler played on both of these legendary albums, and while he never was ring leader of either band, you can certainly hear distinct similarities between the both. For starters, the production of these albums makes me think of an old abandoned factory hall surrounded by big piles of rubble and discarded rusty bicycle corpses. Raw and unfiltered like an iron smoothie with jaggedy nails and swinging hammers.

Born out of improvisation, Klopfzeichen balances a tightrope of brooding stretched out surfaces and experimental sways of music that literally flickers about in your living room, whenever you decide to take the plunge and let yourself emerge in the darkness.

Ominous piano clinkering, buzzing whirlwind effects, tick tocking metal sounds and unsettling soundscapes that'll have your eyelids twitching, this album is anything but a soothing relaxing electronic excursion. If anything, it offered up the blueprint behind the industrial palette that later on was defined and rearranged by acts such as Faust, Throbbing Gristle and Zoviet France. On here we find it in a muddy embryonic state that mumbles its way through a sombre marmalade wall that colours everything around it in contour-less grime and moist dust.

I have no way of describing this album in a befitting manner. Two long cuts of music made for a romantic meeting between ancient shipyards and oilfield workers. Or maybe it would make for an outstanding soundtrack to a tale of an interstellar blacksmith with robotic bees in his joints. This whole record actually feels like an aching body - like rhythmic arthritis in a man that magically takes on the unnatural form of correlated iron and reverberating screeches.

Klopfzeichen is not your everyday bip bip album, as you probably will have picked up by now. Every sound uttered by either the piano, strings or organs are thrown into that marmalade wall I was on about before. It's those treatments that transform this album from an early Stockhausen like experiment, to the boundary pushing electronic record it is.

To make matters even more incomprehensible, Kluster's first two albums were indeed sponsored by the local church. The in-house organist was drawn to the immeasurable sounds of the group and somehow found a way to sponsor their early endeavours. This is also the reason behind the archaic female incantations of the first cut, that dabbles in esoteric religious motifs and other such guilt fuelled mind constellations. The revolution as often referred to, is on the verge of being on the verge - as always really, but on here you sense a strange symbiosis of wild unhinged youth and the towering biblical escapades of some 2000 years tumbling together.

This is not an easy listen by any stretch of the imagination. It's a curiosity - a rare fluke of experimental music that somehow miraculously got to see the light of day through the help of the most unlikely of places, and still.................I feel lucky to have this in my possession. I played it this morning with a high fever and felt delirious for 40 minutes straight - I climbed the ceiling in a highly inelegant manner and went out of my body, only to land right back where I came from. The journey had taken me out on watery metal surfaces that tricked me into believing that I was gone, away from this earth, if only for a short while. Now that is a feat in itself, and one I surely dare to duplicate the next time I feel like a run-over turd. 3.5 stars

Send comments to Guldbamsen (BETA) | Report this review (#1024312) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 26, 2013

4 stars An atonal, sprawling mass of machine noise that must have been completely out of synch with all other albuns created in the very early 70's. Personally I love this kind of stuff. 80's experimental band 'Zoviet France' surely took inspiration from these three guys from Deutschland. Conrad Schnit ... (read more)

Report this review (#287551) | Posted by Dobermensch | Sunday, June 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KLUSTER "Klopfzeichen"