HOME IS WHERE I BELONG

Prog Folk

Quicksand Home Is Where I Belong album cover

Buy QUICKSAND Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Hideaway My Song (3:11)
2. Sunlight Brings Shadows (4:22)
3. Empty Street Empty Heart (3:44)
4. Overcome The Pattern (8:16)
5. Time To Live (3:30)
6. Home Is Where I Belong (4:58)
7. Seasons - Alpha Omega (8:23)
8. Hiding It All (4:13)

9. Alpha Omega
10. Hiding It All

Search QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong lyrics

Search QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong tabs

- Robert Collins, Jimmy Davies, Phil Davies & Anthony Stone play drums, guitar, bass & keyboards

LP Dawn DNLS 3056 (1974)
Reissued on CD (Si-Wan SRMC 1030) in Korea, K2 (20 bit digital) VICP 62168

QUICKSAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong Music

Audio Cassette$50.00
Quicksand / Garage Groove MegamixQuicksand / Garage Groove Megamix
House Musik
Vinyl$8.34 (used)
KING CURTIS - ON BROADWAY // QUICKSAND - ATCO FUNK NORTHERN SOUL MINT- 45 US $3.40 [0 bids]
MARTHA & VANDELLAS - QUICKSAND / DARLING I HUM OUR SON NORTHERN SOUL W/ SLEEVE US $4.50 [1 bids]
Ulrich Schnauss - Quicksand Memory E.p. NEW CD SINGLE US $4.13 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Soul Control - Cycles CD Mindset Turnstile Quicksand Into Another Cruel Hand sxe US $0.99 [0 bids]
FINGER ELEVEN Quicksand CD-single Tip Ontario 1998 US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 14m
LEROY JONES Loddy Lo / GERRY GEORGETTES Quicksand HIT 45 7" VG++ US $5.99 [0 bids]
RIVAL SCHOOLS-UNITED BY FATE CD Album- features "Used For Glue". Quicksand, CIV US $3.58 [0 bids]
La Roux Feat Quicksand/Bulletproof & In For The Kill CD - Like New US $8.08 Buy It Now 15h 51m
TED CURSON-QUICKSAND-JAPAN CD B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 17h 27m
(EG837) Kristy Gallacher, Quicksand - 2013 DJ CD US $3.26 Buy It Now 17h 59m
TED CURSON - QUICKSAND [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 23h 2m
Frank Critelli Waltzing Through Quicksand LP CD (2008) US $8.00 [0 bids]
PIPEDREAM QUICKSAND ZOO YORK PROMO SINGLE 7" 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Quicksand SLIP Debut Album 180g LIMITED NUMBERED #47 Gatefold NEW Clear Vinyl LP US $27.50 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND SLIP 180g RED BLACK SWIRL VINYL NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Quicksand [PA] by Mr. Sandman (CD, Apr-2001, Bay Rider Entertainment) US $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Songs By KERMIT LYNCH Quicksand Blues CD Boz Scaggs Ricky Fataar Alvin Young US $4.99 [0 bids]
HIT RECORDS #97: 45RPM: QUICKSAND-GERRY GEORGETTES/LODDY LO- LEROY JONES US $5.99 [0 bids]
RESPLENDENTS quicksand CD 2 track b/w at the end of the day (fafcd001) european US $10.13 Buy It Now 1 day
BURN - S/T 7" BLUE TRANSLUCENT VINYL PRE - QUICKSAND, ORANGE 9MM, BEYOND US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanford Prison Experiment "Slip" 7" OOP Quicksand US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTHERN SOUL 45 Martha & The Vandellas - Quicksand / Darling I Hum Our Song VG+ US $7.50 [0 bids]
Streetheart- Quicksand Shoes- new/sealed 8 Track tape- Canada- rare? US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUICKSAND Dine Alone w/ UNRELEASE SMITHS SONG REMKE COVER PROMO DJ CD single US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
quicksand vintage sticker new,rival schools US $5.00 [0 bids]
TED CURSON / QUICKSAND / RARE ONLY JAPAN LATIN JAZZ JAPAN PRESS CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Youngbloods- Quicksand b/w Dreamer's Dream- RCA 47-9422 VG+ US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
QUICKSAND 'Omission' orig. first pressing WHITE vinyl Revelation Records 1990 US $25.00 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND 'Dine Alone / Can Opener' Promo 7" Polydor 1992 US $12.00 [0 bids]
TIM BUCKLEY 45 LOT on DISCREET- Quicksand & Dolphins 1973 moody loner folk psych US $14.99 [0 bids]
Farside Keep My Soul Awake RSD Record Store Day 2014 title fight quicksand nyhc US $4.99 [0 bids]
STILLSUIT at the speed of light LP sxe nyhc ex-crown of thornz quicksand punk US $0.99 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND "Slip" LP 2014 Shop Radio Cast SRC009 (Deluxe 180gm CLEAR Vinyl) NEW US $4.86 [3 bids]
QUICKSAND SLIP 20th ANNIVERSARY VINYL LP BLACK 180 GRAM NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
La Roux Quicksand EP CD Promo 2009 In For The Kill Remix US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
QUICKSAND garage groove 12" RECORD HOUSE 1988 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
QUICKSAND - MANIC COMPRESSION LP REPRESS GREEN WAX JUDGE YOT SOIA BURN US $36.66 Buy It Now 2 days
DINOSAUR JR wagon 12" 4 trk b/w pebbles and weeds,little baby and quicksand wago US $37.28 Buy It Now 2 days
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Transfer Affection I Ran(live) Quicksand UK Edition LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MOTLEY CRUE HOSTED CD / VARIOUS ARTISTS PROMO CD W/ RARE QUICKSAND B-SIDE US $19.99 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND Slip Rival Schools Gorilla Biscuits Handsome Into Another Jawbox Burn US $3.00 [0 bids]
Handsome - Handsome [LP+7''] (180 Gr Vinyl) Helmet, Quicksand, Jets To Brazil US $31.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Quicksand - Home Is Where I Belong (NEW CD) US $19.24 Buy It Now 2 days
MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS.QUICKSAND.45.GORDY.COVER SIGNED BY MARTHA.VG. US $3.28 [1 bids]
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: Transfer Affection/ I Ran (live) / Quicksand 12 (UK 12" sing US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Martha and the Vandellas Quicksand Record 7 Inch Vinyl Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
(EG388) Kristy Gallacher, Quicksand - 2013 DJ CD US $3.26 Buy It Now 3 days
QUICKSAND - SELF TITLED 7" RED WAX (1097 PRESS) SXE NYHC US $6.66 Buy It Now 3 days
BELGIUM POPCORN - DIANNE RENNER - QUICKSAND b/w GEE GOSH..- ACCENT 45 US $44.95 Buy It Now 3 days
REVELATION 3 7" LOT QUICKSAND BURN YOUTH OF TODAY US $20.74 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE 45 Quicksand b/w R'n'R Suicide small hole UK 1974 #BB 545 US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ELLIOTT Song In The Air CD Rev B9 NYHC sXe Quicksand Gorilla Biscuits Civ US $1.00 [0 bids]
STREETHEART-QUICKSAND SHOES-LP-NM-WINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA-WEA RECORDS US $12.99 [1 bids]
Quicksand [PA] by Mr. Sandman - CD - 2001 - NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Quicksand Manic Compression LP Revelation Records Gorilla Biscuits NYHC Helmet US $9.99 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND BY FINGER ELEVEN (2000, PROMO CD) 2 SONGS ONLY ON PROMO CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
BIG RUDE JAKE - QUICKSAND [BIG RUDE JAKE] - NEW CD US $15.63 Buy It Now 3 days
REVOLUTION SMILE-Above The Noise-HEAVY-Metal-QUICKSAND-Sacremento,CA-Hard-ROCK US $8.49 Buy It Now 3 days
GUILT Empty? 7" Unbroken Quicksand Burn Rorschach Fugazi Undertow / Initial 1993 US $9.83 Buy It Now 4 days
QUICKSAND ~ Garage Groove ~ 12" Single USA PRESS LTD ED US $9.82 Buy It Now 4 days
QUICKSAND - LANDMINE SPRING SINGLE U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS276 ## US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
3 CD set: Manic Compression Quicksand & Helmet Aftertaste & Betty Free SHIPPING US $9.99 [0 bids]
Manic Compression by Quicksand (CD, 1995, Island (Label)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
RANDY KOHRS, CD "QUICKSAND" NEW SEALED US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
QUICKSAND dine alone RECORD 7" 45 vinyl lp ~ can opener melinda beck art US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Vinyl SINGLE 7". PETER BLAKELY. QUICKSAND. 1988. US $6.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Randy Kohrs - Quicksand CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 4 days
La Roux - Quicksand EP Audio CD Synthpop, Electropop, Elly Jackson Interscope R US $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Cardia by Cardia plus IAN LOVE 2 CD lot Quicksand Gorrilla Biscuits CIV BURN US $4.99 [0 bids]
Martha And Vandellas 45 Darling, I Hum Our Song Quicksand 7025 US $9.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Peter Blakeley Quicksand (PS) 7" Single US $8.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Civ Quicksand RIVAL SCHOOLS United By Fate RARE 2001 ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD USA 2001 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHILI CHARLES: Quicksand LP (UK) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
QUICKSAND MANIC COMPRESSION USED LP IN SHRINK - VG++ 098796004319-LYRIC SLEEVE US $69.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MARTHA &THE VANDELLAS-QUICKSAND 45! '63 R&B Motown/Gordy Paul Goddard Collection US $3.99 [0 bids]
Quicksand - Home Is Where I Belong JAPAN MINI LP CD prog rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
Califone Quicksand Cradlesnake Vinyl LP Sealed! US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LISTEN - MOD POPCORN - DIANNE RENNER - QUICKSAND US $100.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Ain Soph-Quicksand Japanese prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Finger Eleven Quicksand 2 Mix CD Single Promo US $3.06 [0 bids]
DEFTONES B-Sides & Rarities cd & dvd quicksand tool mastodon rock metal korn US $7.49 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND MANIC COMPRESSION 180g RED LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LA ROUX SELF TITLED CD ALBUM IN FOR THE KILL BULLETPROOF QUICKSAND US $6.21 Buy It Now 5 days
QUICKSAND Manic Compression 1995 US LP Vinyl Punk HC Gorilla Biscuits US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Manic Compression by Quicksand (CD, Apr-2002, Island (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Quicksand Manic Compression Vinyl LP ( Slip Helmet Melvins Torche Baroness Hum US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Quicksand RIVAL SCHOOLS Shot after Shot 2011USA TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD Single Civ US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
45 RECORD HANK THOMPSON: QUICKSAND, A GIRL IN THE NIGHT US $2.60 Buy It Now 6 days
1957 Hank Thompson 45 A Girl In The Night / Quicksand US $2.00 [0 bids]
MOTLEY CRUE HOSTED CD / VARIOUS ARTISTS PROMO CD W/ RARE QUICKSAND B-SIDE US $24.99 [0 bids]
(EG710) Kristy Gallacher, Quicksand - 2013 DJ CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 6 days
(BT776) Safari, Quicksand - DJ CD US $2.87 Buy It Now 6 days
HITCH - Triggered Backwards (Machination CD 1997) Quicksand Slint Post-Hardcore US $4.90 Buy It Now 6 days
(AP635) Safari, Quicksand - DJ CD US $4.90 Buy It Now 6 days
MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS - QUICKSAND / LOVE(MAKES ME DO FOOLISH THINGS) 45 US $2.00 [0 bids]
CD: BRENDAN KELLEY Quicksand US $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Streetheart - Quicksand Shoes LP Record VG+ EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1963 MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS QUICKSAND #8 NM GORDY 45 RPM RECORD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Quicksand "Dine Alone" 7" single 1992 POLYDOR Rare Promotional Only US $27.99 [0 bids]
AIN SOPH-QUICKSAND SPECIAL LIVE VOL.3-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy QUICKSAND music online Buy QUICKSAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUICKSAND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong ratings distribution

QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars This is an interesting album from a band that isn’t well known. Quicksand were a Welsh group that appear to have started out as something of a cover band if you read between the lines of the liner notes for this album. Despite this the band’s bio on the back cover of the record states that they “were determined to give fans their brand of music rather than a pale imitation of others”.

Well, the tracks here are all original compositions as near as I can tell, but I wouldn’t say they are without some hints of imitation. “Empty Street, Empty Heart” for example features a guitar riff that sounds suspiciously similar to the one from the Allman Brothers’ “Sweet Melissa”, and the title track uses a bass line that I’m pretty sure these guys first heard on “Beginnings” while spinning their copy of The Chicago Transit Authority, an album that was a bigger hit for Chicago in the UK than it was at home. It seems unlikely the band members were not familiar with both of these records.

But beyond that the tracks here are both indicative of the style of blues-and-psych bands of that day, and show some decent attempts at innovation (mostly on guitar). The keyboards are mostly mellotron and piano, but neither Robert Collins nor the Davies brothers (no, not those Davies brothers) are particularly accomplished on keyboards. The acoustic and electric guitar work is better though, and these dominate most of the album along with some very pleasant harmonized vocals in places (“Empty Street, Empty Heart” and “Seasons” in particular). The bass on this album is all over the place, sometimes even out of synch with the rest of the music, but props to the guy for trying anyway.

The various solo vocal parts seem to be shared by at least a couple of the band members depending on the song, and since they credits don’t make it very clear who is singing what I can’t tell which one of them is out of tune on “Sunlight Brings Shadows”, but that is the one track that probably should have been an instrumental since the keyboards and drums are the best part of it.

The closing “Hiding it All” is an archetypical seventies soft-rock number from both a rhythm and vocals standpoint, and although the slow acoustic and electric rhythm guitar parts are nice ear-candy, they aren’t exactly pioneering.

I’m not sure these guys are really progressive folk, or really that they are even folk, but this is a fun album to listen to despite its shortcomings. I give it a mild recommendation to fans of music like Ambrosia, Argent and any number of pop-tinged artsy soft rock bands of the seventies. This is a low-end three star effort, with the one additional comment that the CD version does not appear to have been created from master tapes and so suffers at times from muddled bass and sounds a bit flat. If you run across it at a reasonable price, you could do worse.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#157156) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Quicksand is one of those obscure bands from mid '70's who release only one album in summer of 1974 named very suggestive Home is where I belong and then disappered. This band was and is quite unknow to larger public in contrast with the music which is very good. They are more a heavy prog band rather then a folk one, taken influencesfrom bands like Warhorse, Allman Brothers, Spring and even some Beatles and Uriah Heep mood, specialy on some vocal parts. Also they have a psychedelic feel , the atmosphere, the arrangements remind me more of the early '70's, 1970-1971. The album is well constructed alternating from pure heavy prog pieces like Sunlight Brings Shadows, Seasons - Alpha Omega, Overcome The Pattern, or the title track Home is where I belong, with similariry with Uriah Heep ( Demons and wizards era) and some mellowere ones , it may be some folk influences on these one but only here and there like Empty Street Empty Heart , the beggining is absolutly a Beatles atmosphere. A quite intristing and adventurous in places album, specialy on longer pieces, with nice vocal parts and good keyboards, mostly mellotron but aswell some piano are used to give to the album a proper atmosphere. The guitar is very good alternating from acustic to a more rougher moments typical for heavy prog sound but in same vein with the keyboards arrangements. A worthy album, quite unnoticed but must be heared at least couple of times. 3 stars, a good album to me, not realy something never heared before, and possibly at same level with other very well known albums from that period or little earlier like Red sea (Warhorse), Spring or Cressida. 3-3.5 , a pleasent album for sure with good musicianship.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#246070) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 24, 2009

5 stars Very very good album. My latest favourite. Another brick of progressive songs' album in my prog collection's wall :) It is very good in: a) arrangements b) melody c) vocal d) 70-th atmosphere I really don't understand those who can give this album less than 5 stars :P I also can say that after ... (read more)

Report this review (#169006) | Posted by raleks | Tuesday, April 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Quicksand were a melodic psychedelic/progressive rock band from South Wales. I am part Welsh myself, and on my first of two visits to Cardiff 5 years ago I found this album. I had heard it before and it had gone over my head, but since hearing it back then with "fresh ears" this has come to be ... (read more)

Report this review (#84648) | Posted by | Sunday, July 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUICKSAND "Home Is Where I Belong"