HOME IS WHERE I BELONG

Prog Folk

Quicksand Home Is Where I Belong album cover

Buy QUICKSAND Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Hideaway My Song (3:11)
2. Sunlight Brings Shadows (4:22)
3. Empty Street Empty Heart (3:44)
4. Overcome The Pattern (8:16)
5. Time To Live (3:30)
6. Home Is Where I Belong (4:58)
7. Seasons - Alpha Omega (8:23)
8. Hiding It All (4:13)

9. Alpha Omega
10. Hiding It All

Search QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong lyrics

Search QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong tabs

- Robert Collins, Jimmy Davies, Phil Davies & Anthony Stone play drums, guitar, bass & keyboards

LP Dawn DNLS 3056 (1974)
Reissued on CD (Si-Wan SRMC 1030) in Korea, K2 (20 bit digital) VICP 62168

QUICKSAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong Music

Astor Place Recordin 1996
Audio Cassette$19.97
Dine AloneDine Alone
Audio CD$19.99 (used)
Songs By KERMIT LYNCH Quicksand Blues CD Boz Scaggs Ricky Fataar Alvin Young US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 19s
QUICKSAND - SELF TITLED 7" RED WAX (1097 PRESS) SXE NYHC US $6.66 Buy It Now 31m 12s
REVELATION 3 7" LOT QUICKSAND BURN YOUTH OF TODAY US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Rival Schools - United By Fate CD hardcore emo quicksand gorilla biscuits 2001 US $0.99 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE 45 Quicksand b/w R'n'R Suicide small hole UK 1974 #BB 545 US $13.00 Buy It Now 4h 34m
QUICKSAND BY FINGER ELEVEN (2000, PROMO CD) 2 SONGS ONLY ON PROMO CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
BELGIUM POPCORN - DIANNE RENNER - QUICKSAND b/w GEE GOSH..- ACCENT 45 US $44.95 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Quicksand [PA] by Mr. Sandman - CD - 2001 - NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 6m
REVOLUTION SMILE-Above The Noise-HEAVY-Metal-QUICKSAND-Sacremento,CA-Hard-ROCK US $8.49 Buy It Now 19h 19m
GUILT Empty? 7" Unbroken Quicksand Burn Rorschach Fugazi Undertow / Initial 1993 US $9.68 Buy It Now 20h 35m
QUICKSAND ~ Garage Groove ~ 12" Single USA PRESS LTD ED US $9.66 Buy It Now 21h 6m
QUICKSAND - LANDMINE SPRING SINGLE U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS276 ## US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 52m
MOTLEY CRUE HOSTED CD / VARIOUS ARTISTS PROMO CD W/ RARE QUICKSAND B-SIDE US $24.99 [0 bids]
Quicksand Slip LP RARE YELLOW/GREEN SWIRL VINYL 180G Gorilla Biscuits Deftones US $20.50 [11 bids]
quicksand dine alone 7" promo US $19.99 [0 bids]
PIPEDREAM: QUICKSAND, 12" SINGLE, NEAR MINT VINYL US $1.00 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND Manic Compression CASSETTE TAPE - Island 1995 Post Hardcore NYHC Punk US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RANDY KOHRS, CD "QUICKSAND" NEW SEALED US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Slip by Quicksand (Vinyl, 1993 Polydor Records) Promo Copy US $19.99 [0 bids]
RIVAL SCHOOLS-UNITED BY FATE CD Album- features "Used For Glue". Quicksand, CIV US $3.51 [0 bids]
Vinyl SINGLE 7". PETER BLAKELY. QUICKSAND. 1988. US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Randy Kohrs - Quicksand CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 1 day
3 CD set: Manic Compression Quicksand & Helmet Aftertaste & Betty Free SHIPPING US $6.49 [0 bids]
La Roux - Quicksand EP Audio CD Synthpop, Electropop, Elly Jackson Interscope R US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Blakeley Quicksand (PS) 7" Single US $8.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Martha And Vandellas 45 Darling, I Hum Our Song Quicksand 7025 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Civ Quicksand RIVAL SCHOOLS United By Fate RARE 2001 ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD USA 2001 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER BLAKELEY-QUICKSAND-RARE U.S DJ PROMO CD SINGLE-1989-Ex The Rockmelons US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Quicksand Slip LP Polydor Shop Radio Cast NEW 31/1000 Hardcore US $29.99 [0 bids]
CHILI CHARLES: Quicksand LP (UK) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUICKSAND MANIC COMPRESSION USED LP IN SHRINK - VG++ 098796004319-LYRIC SLEEVE US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HIT RECORDS #97: 45RPM: QUICKSAND-GERRY GEORGETTES/LODDY LO- LEROY JONES US $5.99 [0 bids]
Frank Critelli Waltzing Through Quicksand LP CD (2008) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Califone Quicksand Cradlesnake Vinyl LP Sealed! US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ain Soph-Quicksand Japanese prog Japanese SHM-CD Mini lp US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
QUICKSAND MANIC COMPRESSION 180g RED LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LA ROUX SELF TITLED CD ALBUM IN FOR THE KILL BULLETPROOF QUICKSAND US $6.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Stereotyperider Fair Weather Fan CD Fugazi Quicksand Planes Mistaken For Stars US $1.99 [0 bids]
Glassjaw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang CD OOP Head Automatica Finch Quicksand Deftones US $29.99 [0 bids]
Sense Field Onelinedrawing Split CD Elliott Further Seems Forever Far Quicksand US $1.99 [0 bids]
Boy Sets Fire The Misery Index Notes From Plague Years CD Snapcase Quicksand US $1.99 [0 bids]
Boy Sets Fire The Day The Sun Went Out CD Snapcase Quicksand Thursday Converge US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Killing Flame Another Breath CD Ignite Farside Pennywise Quicksand US $1.99 [0 bids]
Kid Brother Collective Highway Miles CD Quicksand Mineral Camber US $1.99 [0 bids]
Manic Compression by Quicksand (CD, Apr-2002, Island (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Quicksand "Thorn In My Side" RARE DJ-Only Advance CD Single 1995 US $17.49 Buy It Now 2 days
LA ROUX - QUICKSAND EP (EPCD 2009) 3 TRACKS US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Quicksand * by Randy Kohrs (CD, Jan-2010, Rural Rhythm) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Rival Schools - Autographed CD - Quicksand, Walking Concert, Walter Schreifels US $25.00 [0 bids]
Quicksand RIVAL SCHOOLS Shot after Shot 2011USA TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD Single Civ US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RECORD HANK THOMPSON: QUICKSAND, A GIRL IN THE NIGHT US $2.60 Buy It Now 2 days
Quicksand SLIP Debut Album 180g LIMITED NUMBERED #47 Gatefold NEW Clear Vinyl LP US $27.50 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND dine alone RECORD 7" 45 vinyl lp ~ can opener melinda beck art US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1957 Hank Thompson 45 A Girl In The Night / Quicksand US $2.00 [0 bids]
Quicksand Manic Compression Vinyl LP ( Slip Helmet Melvins Torche Baroness Hum US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
(BT776) Safari, Quicksand - DJ CD US $2.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Bangers & Mash - Quicksand Cafe [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 3 days
(AP635) Safari, Quicksand - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 3 days
NORTHERN SOUL 45 Martha & The Vandellas - Quicksand / Darling I Hum Our Song VG+ US $8.99 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND - Landmine Spring CD Single Promo (1 track) - Radio Mix US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LISTEN - MOD POPCORN - DIANNE RENNER - QUICKSAND US $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
AIN SOPH-QUICKSAND SPECIAL LIVE VOL.3-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Hi25 US $41.99 Buy It Now 3 days
PRONG Rude Awakening CD PROMO Fear Factory Swans Helmet Quicksand Killing Joke US $8.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Quicksand - Home Is Where I Belong - ECLEC2293 US $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Martha & The Vandellas,Quicksand,(SS 250),Darling, I Hum Our Song,Rare Press,7" US $33.86 Buy It Now 3 days
CD: BRENDAN KELLEY Quicksand US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sparta Promo EMI Records 2002 At The Drive Inn Quicksand Post-Hardcore US $6.50 Buy It Now 3 days
HANK THOMPSON * Lot of 3 * 45 s! * NICE CLEAN USA ORIGINALS * Quicksand * Tavern US $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage 45 Gordy Records Darling I Hum Our Song / Quicksand - Martha Vandellas US $4.95 [0 bids]
Count Me Out Soul Control Knives Out Donnybrook CD Lot-Terror Quicksand Defeater US $14.80 Buy It Now 3 days
MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS - DANCING IN THE STREET / QUICKSAND 7" VINYL US $13.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Rival Schools - United By Fate 2xLP BLUE VINYL /500 quicksand brand new handsome US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Quicksand Thorn In My Side / Delusional PROMO VHS Video US $11.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Warrant 45 The Bitter Pill / Quicksand w/ts US $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
La Roux, 4 trk Album Sampler Promo CD Quicksand,Bulletproof,In for the kill US $4.82 [0 bids]
FAILURE Comfort SEALED ORIGINAL Cassette 45043-4 slash BARKMARKET hum QUICKSAND US $9.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Martha & Vandellas Quicksand/Darling I Hum Our 45 RPM US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Quicksand "Dine Alone" 7" single 1992 POLYDOR Rare Promotional Only US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Farside Keep My Soul Awake RSD Record Store Day 2014 title fight quicksand nyhc US $4.99 [0 bids]
Califone Quicksand/Cradlesnakes US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARTHA & VANDELLAS: Quicksand (soul vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Quicksand 7" EP Revelation Records 1st Press Black Rev YOT Gorilla Biscuits Bold US $0.99 [0 bids]
Slip by Quicksand (CD, Apr-2002, PolyGram) US $4.95 [0 bids]
Quicksand by Lisa Smith near mint Sheik 12" Disco US $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Seaweed Actions and Indications CD Quicksand Jawbox Samiam Fugazi Nirvana US $1.99 [0 bids]
PROMO BOBBY GOLDSBORO QUICKSAND 45 1974 UNITED ARTISTS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
TIM BUCKLEY Quicksand mono/stereo US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Northern Soul 45 ~ Martha & The Vandellas ~ Quicksand ~ Gordy ~ mp3 US $7.99 [0 bids]
QUICKSAND SLIP 180g GREEN YELLOW SWIRL VINYL NEW US $47.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PETER BLAKELEY Quicksand RARE PROMO DJ CD Rockmelons 89 US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Quicksand, Quicksand Audio CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PIPE DREAM QUICKSAND ZOO YORK PROMO 12" EXTENDED MIX US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Quicksand - Home Is Where I Belong NEW CD US $15.71 Buy It Now 5 days
RANDY KOHRS - QUICKSAND * - NEW CD US $12.73 Buy It Now 5 days
MARTHA &THE VANDELLAS-QUICKSAND 45! '63 R&B Motown/Gordy Paul Goddard Collection US $3.99 [0 bids]
ALBUM NETWORK TUNE-UP #100 Quicksand,Green Jelly,Steve Jones + CD PROMO ONLY '93 US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ALBUM NETWORK TUNE-UP #135 Kyuss(front pic),Quicksand,Marillion etc PROMO CD '95 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Quicksand - Manic Compression Vinyl LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
QUICKSAND "QUICKSAND" 1989 *MEGA RARE* 12" US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DEFTONES B-Sides & Rarities cd & dvd quicksand tool mastodon rock metal korn US $7.49 [0 bids]

More places to buy QUICKSAND music online Buy QUICKSAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUICKSAND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong ratings distribution

QUICKSAND Home Is Where I Belong reviews

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
3 stars This is an interesting album from a band that isn’t well known. Quicksand were a Welsh group that appear to have started out as something of a cover band if you read between the lines of the liner notes for this album. Despite this the band’s bio on the back cover of the record states that they “were determined to give fans their brand of music rather than a pale imitation of others”.

Well, the tracks here are all original compositions as near as I can tell, but I wouldn’t say they are without some hints of imitation. “Empty Street, Empty Heart” for example features a guitar riff that sounds suspiciously similar to the one from the Allman Brothers’ “Sweet Melissa”, and the title track uses a bass line that I’m pretty sure these guys first heard on “Beginnings” while spinning their copy of The Chicago Transit Authority, an album that was a bigger hit for Chicago in the UK than it was at home. It seems unlikely the band members were not familiar with both of these records.

But beyond that the tracks here are both indicative of the style of blues-and-psych bands of that day, and show some decent attempts at innovation (mostly on guitar). The keyboards are mostly mellotron and piano, but neither Robert Collins nor the Davies brothers (no, not those Davies brothers) are particularly accomplished on keyboards. The acoustic and electric guitar work is better though, and these dominate most of the album along with some very pleasant harmonized vocals in places (“Empty Street, Empty Heart” and “Seasons” in particular). The bass on this album is all over the place, sometimes even out of synch with the rest of the music, but props to the guy for trying anyway.

The various solo vocal parts seem to be shared by at least a couple of the band members depending on the song, and since they credits don’t make it very clear who is singing what I can’t tell which one of them is out of tune on “Sunlight Brings Shadows”, but that is the one track that probably should have been an instrumental since the keyboards and drums are the best part of it.

The closing “Hiding it All” is an archetypical seventies soft-rock number from both a rhythm and vocals standpoint, and although the slow acoustic and electric rhythm guitar parts are nice ear-candy, they aren’t exactly pioneering.

I’m not sure these guys are really progressive folk, or really that they are even folk, but this is a fun album to listen to despite its shortcomings. I give it a mild recommendation to fans of music like Ambrosia, Argent and any number of pop-tinged artsy soft rock bands of the seventies. This is a low-end three star effort, with the one additional comment that the CD version does not appear to have been created from master tapes and so suffers at times from muddled bass and sounds a bit flat. If you run across it at a reasonable price, you could do worse.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#157156) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 30, 2007

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Quicksand is one of those obscure bands from mid '70's who release only one album in summer of 1974 named very suggestive Home is where I belong and then disappered. This band was and is quite unknow to larger public in contrast with the music which is very good. They are more a heavy prog band rather then a folk one, taken influencesfrom bands like Warhorse, Allman Brothers, Spring and even some Beatles and Uriah Heep mood, specialy on some vocal parts. Also they have a psychedelic feel , the atmosphere, the arrangements remind me more of the early '70's, 1970-1971. The album is well constructed alternating from pure heavy prog pieces like Sunlight Brings Shadows, Seasons - Alpha Omega, Overcome The Pattern, or the title track Home is where I belong, with similariry with Uriah Heep ( Demons and wizards era) and some mellowere ones , it may be some folk influences on these one but only here and there like Empty Street Empty Heart , the beggining is absolutly a Beatles atmosphere. A quite intristing and adventurous in places album, specialy on longer pieces, with nice vocal parts and good keyboards, mostly mellotron but aswell some piano are used to give to the album a proper atmosphere. The guitar is very good alternating from acustic to a more rougher moments typical for heavy prog sound but in same vein with the keyboards arrangements. A worthy album, quite unnoticed but must be heared at least couple of times. 3 stars, a good album to me, not realy something never heared before, and possibly at same level with other very well known albums from that period or little earlier like Red sea (Warhorse), Spring or Cressida. 3-3.5 , a pleasent album for sure with good musicianship.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#246070) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 24, 2009

5 stars Very very good album. My latest favourite. Another brick of progressive songs' album in my prog collection's wall :) It is very good in: a) arrangements b) melody c) vocal d) 70-th atmosphere I really don't understand those who can give this album less than 5 stars :P I also can say that after ... (read more)

Report this review (#169006) | Posted by raleks | Tuesday, April 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Quicksand were a melodic psychedelic/progressive rock band from South Wales. I am part Welsh myself, and on my first of two visits to Cardiff 5 years ago I found this album. I had heard it before and it had gone over my head, but since hearing it back then with "fresh ears" this has come to be ... (read more)

Report this review (#84648) | Posted by | Sunday, July 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUICKSAND "Home Is Where I Belong"