TEMPEST

Buy NORTH STAR Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Tempest (6:54)
2. Yes, I Know (5:02)
3. Bathroom By the Bongos (6:23)
4. Prelude in C (2:38)
5. Opus V (6:00)
6. Raudra (9:09)
7. Getting' Guigué Wit It (3:21)
8. Plastic Bombastic (7:00)
9. Goodbye Mom (6:09)
10. Colossus (4:43)

Search NORTH STAR Tempest lyrics

Search NORTH STAR Tempest tabs

- Dave Johnson / electric, acoustic, & bass guitars
- Glenn Leonard / drums & percussion, keyboards (on tracks 4 & 5)
- Kevin Leonard / keyboards, bass (on 1 & 3)
- Joe Newnam / sitar

CD Space Monster Optional Entertainment CD-0500-4 (2000) USA

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

NORTH STAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NORTH STAR Tempest Music

TempestTempest
Space Monster Optional Ent. 2001
SANDY DENNY The North Star Grassman and The Ravens SEALED CD Rare US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Celtic Yule by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.52 [0 bids]
3h
EU import SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman & The Ravens 2-CD DELUXE EDITION NEW! US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Beyond The Sky by Chris Glassfield 1998 North Star Music US $5.50 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Philip Glass North Star PROMO Record SIGNED 12" 33 LP Virgin White Label Gold US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
VIC CHESNUTT north star deserter CD rarest PROMOTIONAL COPY GERMANY DIGIPAK US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sandy Denny The North Star Grassman And The Ravens +4 Mini LP CD SHM CD JAPAN US $16.49 [9 bids]
Denny Sandy - The North Star Grassman NEW CD US $10.05 Buy It Now 14h 53m
SANDY DENNY-THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN~-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D50 US $23.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Tropical Nights * by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.49 Buy It Now 23h 35m
APPLESEED CAST, The - North Star Ordination - 7" + MP3 download code US $13.85 Buy It Now 1 day
PHILIP GLASS NORTH STAR FRENCH IMPORT ELECTRONIC AVANTE-GARDE NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman and The Ravens 1971 UK LP ISLAND 1st US $10.93 [2 bids]
In a Sentimental Mood: Jerry Beaudoin, Boston Jazz Ens (CD 2004, North Star/CRC) US $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Sentimental Over You: Gerry Beaudoin, Boston Jazz Ens. (CD 2004, North Star/CRC) US $2.65 Buy It Now 1 day
PHILIP GLASS North Star ** orig. UK Virgin 1977 Avant Minimalism A2/B1 stampers US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Starlight in the 50's by The Streamliners (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
HUW WATKINS - NORTH STAR - NEW CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MEYER KUPFERMAN - KUPFERMAN: O NORTH STAR - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.80 Buy It Now 2 days
NORTH STAR - SAME 12 inch EP 1982 mint US $39.00 [0 bids]
NORTH STAR - TRISKELION orig with inner PURE MINT US $49.00 [0 bids]
Christmas Gift by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The North Star Jazz Ensemble , Audio CD, Like Someone In Love US $6.37 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2052 CDG Karaoke Devils & Angels Take My Breath Away! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDY DENNY NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS CD Fairport Convention 1987 Ryko US $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
G Funk Generation Of United Nortenos G.U.N. Red Case OG SEALED 1998 North Star US $1,000.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Wine Country Jazz by Bruce Abbott (CD, 2006, North Star Music) US $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
TICKS / FIST OF THE NORTH STAR (Stone) OOP 1996 Soundtrack Score OST CD SEALED US $29.42 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star Jazz Ensemble The Way You Look Tonight CD EX US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Philip Glass "North Star" Near Mint - New Age Music US $10.00 [0 bids]
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
NORTH STAR: Triskelion (rock & pop vinyl LP) inner sleeve, shrink US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RODDY FRAME THE NORTH STAR CD ONE TRACK DJ ISSUE, CARD SLEEVE US $5.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Romancing the Sax by Bruce Abbott (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.00 [0 bids]
New - American Christmas by Folk Like Us Cassette, Jun-1994, North Star Music US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE NORTH STAR BAND LP-TONIGHT/ADELPHI REC. 1979 VG+ US $7.98 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star Grassman And The Ravens (Deluxe Edition - Sandy Denny New US $41.21 Buy It Now 3 days
12" LP 33 - The North Star Grasman and The Ravens - Sandy Denny - Uk Issue 1971 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Come Join in Dance by Kingsway (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
PHILIP GLASS - NORTH STAR - NM VINYL LP - RARE PROMO COPY US $9.99 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY The North Star Grassman...classic 1971 LP, NM! US $16.79 [0 bids]
ROBERT FRIPP-"NORTH STAR" 1979 U.S. ISSUE DOUBLE SIDED PROMOTIONAL 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
A Christmas Wish by Lorraine Rousseau (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Eveningtide by Bruce Foulke (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) John Paul Gauthier US $6.99 [0 bids]
DON McCUNE - North Star 1 (Fairbanks) - Alaska's Flag / Kotzebue Dance - 45 US $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Day-O by Harry Belafonte (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Philip Glass,North Star,LP US $14.27 Buy It Now 5 days
Moonlight & Sax by Bruce Abbott (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman And The Raven LP, VERY 1st UK PRESS 1971, MINT US $109.26 [0 bids]
PHILIP GLASS - North Star CD ( Virgin Records CDV 2085 NO UPC ) RARE US $18.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Songs of the Spirit by Robin Spielberg (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Day-O by Harry Belafonte (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Sandy Denny North Star Grassman and the Raven Promo A&M Records Folk Psych LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Day-O by Harry Belafonte (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Sandy Denny - North Star Grassman Del Edtn NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 5 days
CURVED AIR-NORTH STAR-JAPAN CD G35 US $38.50 Buy It Now 5 days
NORTH STAR BAND Tonight LP Vinyl VG+ Shrink 1979 Adelphi AD 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sandy Denny - North Star Grassman and The Ravens - 5334058 US $25.06 Buy It Now 6 days
Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman And The Ravens (Music CD) US $17.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Shores of Lillisand * by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Crossing the Waters by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wings of Hope * by Kingsway (CD, Apr-2005, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Prairie by Dennis Hysom (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Upon a Midnight Clear by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Bells, Kings & Favorite Things by Ron Murray (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.25 [0 bids]
Tribute to Frank Sinatra by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Winter Wonderland by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Movie Matinee by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Steeple on the Common, Vol. 2 (CD, 1990, North Star Records) Christian Hymns US $1.99 [0 bids]
Keys to the Heart by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Especially for You by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
From This Moment by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Peace on Earth by North Star Artists (CD, Aug-2005, North Star Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman & The Ravens LP Fairport Convention FOTHERINGAY US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.00 [0 bids]
VIC CHESNUTT**NORTH STAR DESERTER**VINYL US $22.61 Buy It Now 6 days
Spirit of the Holidays by Lunamoon (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Spa by Various Artists (CD, 2007, North Star Music) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Island Time * by Michael Oakland (CD, 2005, North Star Music) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sangria Cooler by North Star Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Wine and Roses by Paul Nagel (CD, Apr-2005, North Star Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Chill Time by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Ocean Planet by Dennis Hysom (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Shade of Paradise by Bruce Foulke (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VIC CHESNUTT**NORTH STAR DESERTER**CD US $10.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter (Music CD) US $26.56 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDY DENNY**NORTH STAR GRASSMAN & RAVENS (DLX ED)**2CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 6 days
Cowboy Charlie Huff- North Star LP - Mint- (LP vinyl record) US $19.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Serendipity Singers Little Brown Jug Philips High North Star Folk 45 Listen! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Sweet Harmony [Fabulous] by Mills Brothers (The) (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Mu... US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The North Star Grassman and the Ravens by Sandy Denny (CD, Hannibal) US $2.77 [0 bids]
CHERYL WHEELER "SAME" 1986 NORTH STAR 1ST EDITION CD ALBUM US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Primal Colors * by Emilio Kauderer (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDY DENNY - THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS 2005 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $33.60 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star Artists - Glad Tidings (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Swing Jump Jive * by Doug James (Sax) (CD, Jan-2006, North Star Music) US $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
JAPAN ANIME OST 45 FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 7inch HOKUTO NO KEN US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy NORTH STAR music online Buy NORTH STAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NORTH STAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NORTH STAR Tempest ratings distribution

NORTH STAR Tempest reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars Well You know I don't like such derivative bands (within the so called "Neo Prog" school) very much, nor I get crazy for this US traditional sound resembling the "early Genesis", which is not so different. Nevertheless -in comparison to their disappointing debut album "Triskelion" (according to my personal tastes naturally), I find interesting music features inside, even though these latter are not always well connected together: the output is a bit uneven, but their personal imprinting starts growing! Actually a few parts of a melodic guitar are memorable, but generally the melodic lines inside their songs are remarkable and this time their emulation of such English stereotypes is acceptable.

I don't want to remark a particular track, cause the compactness of the sound and of the compositions as well, don't disturb my relaxed listening...it lacks of a certain cohesion, but at last this album is worth checking out at least.

I prefer derivative works like those ones by Glass Hammer for example, anyway make your own choice and you could find some surprising elements also within this "Tempest"!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#5186) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars It took me quite a while to make up my mind about this album before I wanted to do the review. The reason is this is one of the most varied albums I own. The only common ground I discovered was the fact all tracks are instrumental. It's almost as if the band wants to show all sorts of possibillities for instrumental music. I'll sum it up for you:

1. Tempest. If North Star would have done all their songs this way I would have considered a four star rating probably but unfortunately this track is misleading. It's likely the best track according to my taste and shows pretty impressive guitarwork as main feature. 4*

2. Yes, I know is much more distorted with keys as dominant instrument. Weird tones and tunes and darkish in mood, quite original with windsounds towards the end. 3,25*

3. Bathroom by the Bongos starts with percussion sounds taken over by keys and guitar later on. Sort of improvisation this one, not really the best composition you will ever hear. 3*

4. Weakest track of the album (Bach's Prelude in C) showcasing tempo shifts and variation in detail on xylophone. Maybe a nice invention but a bit boring when you listen to it more often. 2,75*

5. Opus V is much more jazzy over sudden than previous songs. I always love the jazzy stuff so bring it on I'd say. It just proves my statement in first paragraph by now. But there's more to come. 3,5* for Opus V

6. Raudra sounds totally middle eastern with Joe Newman on sitar. Funny thing is when I checked out this track on my mp3 (along with other bands) I thought this was a typical Osiris (Bahrain neoband) track. But it appeared this 6th tune by North Star. Interesting. 3,75*

7. With "Getting guige wit it" North Star proves they can also handle the semi-classical material. Another really nice one but still I miss the true excellence. 3,25*

8. Plastic Bombastic seems to be a wind dominated song but since there are no winds in the line-up it's probably the keys imitating them. Not one of the best this one. 3 *

9. Goodbye Mom is second best and (coincidence or not) the second with prominent guitar. Just guess what my fav instrument is, hu ? Anyway another very good one. 3,75 *

10. Another one with wind imitation to round things off. Colossus simply proves to me this album just doesn't make the cut as far as I'm concerned. 3*

And the cut being the limit level between 3 and 4 stars that is. In the end the album lacks direction and this one proves that variation isn't a guarentee for succes. The final score is some 3,3 for me. I'm curious what other North Star albums sound like... I'll check them out one day.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#552588) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Forth album named Tempest released in 2000 and issued at small label Space Monster Optional Entertainment is diffrent from previous Power and aswell from next Extremes. This is entirely instrumental album, this time the band optained for some experimental arrangements, no more symphonic parts a la Genesis, maybe only here and there, Tempest sounds very much diffrent then anything they done before, if they sicceded , well to me only partial. Less captivating then Power and Extremes, they toying with lots of sounds and all kinds of jazzy eclectic elements combined with xylophone and sitar, the vocalist Joe Newnam is responsable for sitar use in Raudra. If overall is ok, I don't like very much the guitar sound, is too muddy for my ears and doesn't have a proper direction, like some pieces aswell, to much of everything is here. No particular piece is better then other, all have same level, so from me only 3 stars this time, great cover art. I think this experimental album from them not quite succeded after all, I prefer their symphonic prog side much more, there they can offer the best they got like on their next album and by far their best Extremes.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#637702) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 stars This U.S. based band has been compared to GENESIS and this could very well be the case as my only experience with them started and ended with this release. Not that I didn't appreciate some of the music but I found it a bit disconnected and nomadish, meaning there was little continuity throug ... (read more)

Report this review (#5187) | Posted by Trafficdogg | Thursday, May 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now..ive read (my ever reliable colleague) Greger R.´s reviews on North Stars previous albums..and this their 2000 outing......doesn´t get more than 3 stars either. North Star are obviosly a bunch of capable guys.....but..the thing is..they dont seem to get it together....as this record is a bag ... (read more)

Report this review (#5185) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 02, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NORTH STAR "Tempest"