TEMPEST

Buy NORTH STAR Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Tempest (6:54)
2. Yes, I Know (5:02)
3. Bathroom By the Bongos (6:23)
4. Prelude in C (2:38)
5. Opus V (6:00)
6. Raudra (9:09)
7. Getting' Guigué Wit It (3:21)
8. Plastic Bombastic (7:00)
9. Goodbye Mom (6:09)
10. Colossus (4:43)

Search NORTH STAR Tempest lyrics

Search NORTH STAR Tempest tabs

- Dave Johnson / electric, acoustic, & bass guitars
- Glenn Leonard / drums & percussion, keyboards (on tracks 4 & 5)
- Kevin Leonard / keyboards, bass (on 1 & 3)
- Joe Newnam / sitar

CD Space Monster Optional Entertainment CD-0500-4 (2000) USA

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

NORTH STAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NORTH STAR Tempest Music

THE NORTH STAR BAND LP Tonight 1979 Adelphi rare hippie rock US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Christmas Remembered: Classic Holiday Chamber Music (CD, Jun-1994, North Star Mu US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Don Schlies and his Orchestra Lot of 3 Polka 45 Records North Star Appli Gold KL US $12.95 [0 bids]
Slow Dancing in the Fifties by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.50 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Dedicated to the One I Love by The Chandeliers, CD, 2004, North Star Records US $3.25 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Gentle on My Mind by Bruce Foulke (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) 607 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 41m
ROBERT FRIPP/north star/white label promo/12" single US $35.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
PHILIP GLASS North Star LP Virgin label US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
In a Sentimental Mood by Boston Jazz Ensemble (CD, North Star Music) 16 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Fist of the North Star Soudtrack 1 CD Legends of True Savior Hokuto No Ken DVD US $29.95 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Christmas Eve: An Orchestral Journey CD 2006 North Star Music - Brand New! US $3.50 Buy It Now 6h 32m
O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher - North Star 1001 - VG+ US $125.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
North Star Ensemble A Moment of Time - The Best of North Sta CD US $7.88 Buy It Now 8h
SANDY DENNY - NORTH STAR GRASSMAN & THE RAVENS (DLX) NEW CD US $36.91 Buy It Now 8h 25m
VIC CHESNUTT - NORTH STAR DESERTER (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $16.37 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Slow Dancing in the Fifties by Various Artists (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.00 Buy It Now 18h 2m
SANDY DENNY THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS UK 1971 1st Press Original US $128.64 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 18h 59m
WIN NELSON on North Star 2074, Begin the Beguine, What is this thing called love US $2.00 [0 bids]
DON SCHLIES Orchestra Polka + Waltzes Stereo 8 track North Star Records KL US $4.95 [0 bids]
Roddy Frame - The North Star - UK Promo CD Single US $5.76 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Mysts of Time by Aine Minogue (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.49 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY**NORTH STAR GRASSMAN & RAVENS (DLX ED)**2CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE TEEN Tracy And The Travellers - North Star SEAWOOD 6202 HEAR US $40.00 [0 bids]
VIC CHESNUTT - NORTH STAR DESERTER - NEW CD US $11.27 Buy It Now 1 day
The North Star Jazz Ensemble/The Way You Look Tonight/2004/Exc. Cond. US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTH STAR-SELF TITLED-1982 SCRUNCHFACE MUSIC LP NS I-SHRINK-NEAR MINT US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDY DENNY - THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS, 2014 EU 180G LP + MP3, NEW US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ANIME Fist of The North Star HOKUTO NO KEN Heart of Madness JAPAN 7" NM 7A0559 US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE ED SWEENEY INSIDE FEZZIWIGS 1990 NORTH STAR RECORDS OOP RARE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE ED SWEENEY ITS CHRISTMAS TIME IN THE CITY 1990 NORTH STAR RECORDS OOP US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman And The Ravens LP 11 Track 180 Gram Back To Blac US $38.58 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT FRIPP-"NORTH STAR" 1979 U.S. ISSUE DOUBLE SIDED PROMOTIONAL 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
PHILIP GLASS - North Star - original 1988 Virgin Records CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Way You Look Tonight by North Star Jazz Ensemble (CD, Jul-2004, North... US $5.39 Buy It Now 2 days
(CB135) Roddy Frame, The North Star - 1998 DJ CD US $4.42 Buy It Now 2 days
NORTH STAR BAND Tonight LP Vinyl VG+ Shrink 1979 Adelphi AD 2014 US $8.54 Buy It Now 2 days
LP/VINYL-PHILIP GLASS "North Star" 1977 Virgin Records Ambient US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HOKUTO NO KEN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR BGM 3 ANIME OST LP KEN GUERRIERO SURVIVANT US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HOKUTO NO KEN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR BGM I ANIME OST LP KEN GUERRIERO SURVIVANT US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HOKUTO NO KEN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR MOVIE BGM 1986 JAPAN ANIME OST LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star. Cant Judge Me. Death To Those US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDY DENNY - NORTH STAR GRASSMAN HQ 180 GRAMS VINYL LP + DOWNLOAD US $47.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SANDY DENNY The North Star Grassman And The Ravens 180gm Vinyl LP NEW US $34.50 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER BROWN * CAN'T BE LOVE - DO IT TO ME ANYWAY & WEST OF THE NORTH STAR 45RPM US $5.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Bowl of Merry by Bowl of Merry (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Sandy Denny(Fairport)/The North Star Grassman & The Ravens.UK Island LP. US $16.08 [0 bids]
RODDY FRAME The North Star CD One Track Dj Issue, Card Sleeve US $5.23 Buy It Now 3 days
Common Ground - Homeward Bound Audio CD North Star Very Good US $1.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SANDY DENNY The North Star Grassman And The Ravens ORIGINAL A&M LP Folk Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Fist of the North Star Music CD OST 2 Soundtrack ****BRAND NEW**** HOKUTO NO KEN US $19.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Yule (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, 2004, North Star Music) US $4.34 Buy It Now 3 days
George Davo Darvo 45 Candy Man 1958 North Star Minnesota Rocker VG+ US $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Holiday Cheer [St. Clair] by North Star Artists NEW free ship US $6.46 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star Musicians : Brunch of Jazz CD (2001) US $5.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Peace on Earth by North Star Artists (CD, 2005, North Star Music, USA) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Tidings by Chris Caswell (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Divas of Broadway: Great Women of Stage and Song (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Mu... US $8.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Bill Green, Holes in the Soles/Dreamy Summer Night 1950's, North Star, EX! US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - North Star (NEW CD) US $19.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Arturo Delmoni - FRANCK/FAURE Sonatas - #19 of 2000 - North Star DS 0015 US $9.99 [1 bids]
Classics Remembered (CD, North Star Music) US $17.77 Buy It Now 3 days
The North Star Grassman and the Ravens [Bonus Tracks] by Sandy Denny (CD,... US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDY DENNY-THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN~-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D50 US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Rupert Sterling & his North Star Steel Band Fortuna TLPS 965 US $45.00 Buy It Now 4 days
North Star Artists : Sophisticated Lady CD (2004) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $3.99 [0 bids]
North Star Artists Cabernet Jazz CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 4 days
LP- Peter and Paul Wendinger- Twin Concertina- North Star- NSA-100- Wisconsin US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
North Star Artists : Moonlight Serenade CD (2000) US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PHILIP GLASS - North Star - VIRGIN CDV 2085 - original CD no bar code US $17.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SANDY DENNY - Limited Edition CD Platinum Disc- THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN & RAVENS US $144.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.00 [0 bids]
New England Christmastide...Otis Read 1986 North Star Records...NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GEOFF WEBB Heaven And Earth CD 12 Track Original Issue UK North Star 1996 US $30.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Bells, Kings & Favorite Things by Ron Murray (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Follow Your North Star US $26.78 Buy It Now 4 days
CASSETTE TAPE ED SWEENEY INSIDE FEZZIWIG'S 1990 NORTH STAR RECORDS OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman and The Ravens. LP. 1984. VG+ US $28.87 [0 bids]
Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
In a Sentimental Mood by Boston Jazz Ensemble (CD, North Star Music) Great cond! US $2.50 [0 bids]
Blue, T.K. Follow the North Star CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2047 CDG Karaoke It's My Life - Hold On - Trouble US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Vic Chesnutt North Star Deserter cd/lp Promo Poster NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDY DENNY**NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS/SANDY**2 CD SET US $14.76 Buy It Now 5 days
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter - CST046CD US $15.15 Buy It Now 5 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2041 Karaoke Calling All Angels - One - The Anthem more! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2016 Karaoke Survivor - This is Me - Southside - Yellow US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2039 Karaoke Nothing At All - Angel - Dreams - Stuck US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2036 Karaoke When I'm Gone - Beautiful - Pretty Baby US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman & The Ravens - UK Island Label US $1.59 [1 bids]
Curved Air - North Star ( CD 2014) US $1.59 [1 bids]
PETER BROWN - Can't Be Love - Do It To Me Anyway/West Of The North Star US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Geir Lysne & Listening Ensemb - Boahjenasti-The North Star [CD New] US $33.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2022 Karaoke Emotion - Superman - Fade - A Little Bit US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2020 Karaoke I'm A Believer - Hunter - Bad Day - US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3053 Karaoke Hey Good Lookin' - Save A Horse - More! US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2048 CDG Karaoke With You - You Raise Me Up - US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy NORTH STAR music online Buy NORTH STAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NORTH STAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NORTH STAR Tempest ratings distribution

NORTH STAR Tempest reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars Well You know I don't like such derivative bands (within the so called "Neo Prog" school) very much, nor I get crazy for this US traditional sound resembling the "early Genesis", which is not so different. Nevertheless -in comparison to their disappointing debut album "Triskelion" (according to my personal tastes naturally), I find interesting music features inside, even though these latter are not always well connected together: the output is a bit uneven, but their personal imprinting starts growing! Actually a few parts of a melodic guitar are memorable, but generally the melodic lines inside their songs are remarkable and this time their emulation of such English stereotypes is acceptable.

I don't want to remark a particular track, cause the compactness of the sound and of the compositions as well, don't disturb my relaxed listening...it lacks of a certain cohesion, but at last this album is worth checking out at least.

I prefer derivative works like those ones by Glass Hammer for example, anyway make your own choice and you could find some surprising elements also within this "Tempest"!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#5186) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars It took me quite a while to make up my mind about this album before I wanted to do the review. The reason is this is one of the most varied albums I own. The only common ground I discovered was the fact all tracks are instrumental. It's almost as if the band wants to show all sorts of possibillities for instrumental music. I'll sum it up for you:

1. Tempest. If North Star would have done all their songs this way I would have considered a four star rating probably but unfortunately this track is misleading. It's likely the best track according to my taste and shows pretty impressive guitarwork as main feature. 4*

2. Yes, I know is much more distorted with keys as dominant instrument. Weird tones and tunes and darkish in mood, quite original with windsounds towards the end. 3,25*

3. Bathroom by the Bongos starts with percussion sounds taken over by keys and guitar later on. Sort of improvisation this one, not really the best composition you will ever hear. 3*

4. Weakest track of the album (Bach's Prelude in C) showcasing tempo shifts and variation in detail on xylophone. Maybe a nice invention but a bit boring when you listen to it more often. 2,75*

5. Opus V is much more jazzy over sudden than previous songs. I always love the jazzy stuff so bring it on I'd say. It just proves my statement in first paragraph by now. But there's more to come. 3,5* for Opus V

6. Raudra sounds totally middle eastern with Joe Newman on sitar. Funny thing is when I checked out this track on my mp3 (along with other bands) I thought this was a typical Osiris (Bahrain neoband) track. But it appeared this 6th tune by North Star. Interesting. 3,75*

7. With "Getting guige wit it" North Star proves they can also handle the semi-classical material. Another really nice one but still I miss the true excellence. 3,25*

8. Plastic Bombastic seems to be a wind dominated song but since there are no winds in the line-up it's probably the keys imitating them. Not one of the best this one. 3 *

9. Goodbye Mom is second best and (coincidence or not) the second with prominent guitar. Just guess what my fav instrument is, hu ? Anyway another very good one. 3,75 *

10. Another one with wind imitation to round things off. Colossus simply proves to me this album just doesn't make the cut as far as I'm concerned. 3*

And the cut being the limit level between 3 and 4 stars that is. In the end the album lacks direction and this one proves that variation isn't a guarentee for succes. The final score is some 3,3 for me. I'm curious what other North Star albums sound like... I'll check them out one day.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#552588) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Forth album named Tempest released in 2000 and issued at small label Space Monster Optional Entertainment is diffrent from previous Power and aswell from next Extremes. This is entirely instrumental album, this time the band optained for some experimental arrangements, no more symphonic parts a la Genesis, maybe only here and there, Tempest sounds very much diffrent then anything they done before, if they sicceded , well to me only partial. Less captivating then Power and Extremes, they toying with lots of sounds and all kinds of jazzy eclectic elements combined with xylophone and sitar, the vocalist Joe Newnam is responsable for sitar use in Raudra. If overall is ok, I don't like very much the guitar sound, is too muddy for my ears and doesn't have a proper direction, like some pieces aswell, to much of everything is here. No particular piece is better then other, all have same level, so from me only 3 stars this time, great cover art. I think this experimental album from them not quite succeded after all, I prefer their symphonic prog side much more, there they can offer the best they got like on their next album and by far their best Extremes.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#637702) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 stars This U.S. based band has been compared to GENESIS and this could very well be the case as my only experience with them started and ended with this release. Not that I didn't appreciate some of the music but I found it a bit disconnected and nomadish, meaning there was little continuity throug ... (read more)

Report this review (#5187) | Posted by Trafficdogg | Thursday, May 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now..ive read (my ever reliable colleague) Greger R.´s reviews on North Stars previous albums..and this their 2000 outing......doesn´t get more than 3 stars either. North Star are obviosly a bunch of capable guys.....but..the thing is..they dont seem to get it together....as this record is a bag ... (read more)

Report this review (#5185) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 02, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NORTH STAR "Tempest"