TEMPEST

Buy NORTH STAR Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Tempest (6:54)
2. Yes, I Know (5:02)
3. Bathroom By the Bongos (6:23)
4. Prelude in C (2:38)
5. Opus V (6:00)
6. Raudra (9:09)
7. Getting' Guigué Wit It (3:21)
8. Plastic Bombastic (7:00)
9. Goodbye Mom (6:09)
10. Colossus (4:43)

Search NORTH STAR Tempest lyrics

Search NORTH STAR Tempest tabs

- Dave Johnson / electric, acoustic, & bass guitars
- Glenn Leonard / drums & percussion, keyboards (on tracks 4 & 5)
- Kevin Leonard / keyboards, bass (on 1 & 3)
- Joe Newnam / sitar

CD Space Monster Optional Entertainment CD-0500-4 (2000) USA

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

NORTH STAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NORTH STAR Tempest Music

SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman and The Ravens FAIRPORT CONVENTION Island FOLK US $8.39 Buy It Now 42m 31s
Jazz About Town by Nick Zammarelli & The North Star Jazz Ensemble - Like New CD US $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Very Thought of You by North Star Jazz Ensemble (CD, Jul-2004, North Star... US $3.00 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Bill Green, Holes in the Soles/Dreamy Summer Night 1950's, North Star, EX! US $11.18 Buy It Now 12h 45m
SANDY DENNY-THE NORTH STAR GRASSMAN~-JAPAN SHM-CD BONUS TRACK D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 14h 43m
CURVED AIR - NORTH STAR - CRVE002 US $19.42 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Curved Air - North Star (NEW CD) US $20.74 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Shade of Paradise by Bruce Foulke (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.95 Buy It Now 16h 10m
Philip Glass "North Star" Near Mint - New Age Music US $10.00 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY - The North Star Grassman [2005 CD Remaster/Bonuses/Card Slipcase] US $8.90 Buy It Now 20h 43m
PHILIP GLASS - North Star - original 1988 Virgin Records CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Rupert Sterling & his North Star Steel Band Fortuna TLPS 965 US $45.00 Buy It Now 23h 34m
North Star Artists : Sophisticated Lady CD (2004) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
North Star Artists Cabernet Jazz CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
North Star Artists : Moonlight Serenade CD (2000) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PHILIP GLASS - North Star - VIRGIN CDV 2085 - original CD no bar code US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Twilight Serenade * by David Tolk (CD, Jul-2008, North Star Music) NEW US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Piano Silhouettes by Judith Lynn Stillman (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $3.00 [0 bids]
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
NORTH STAR BAND: Live At Eskimo Nell's (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE TAPE ED SWEENEY INSIDE FEZZIWIG'S 1990 NORTH STAR RECORDS OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.00 [0 bids]
CURVED AIR - north star 2014 cd US $5.70 [0 bids]
Sandy Denny: North Star Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd fairport steeleye Q US $90.25 Buy It Now 1 day
North Star POP Hits Vol 2047 CDG Karaoke It's My Life - Hold On - Trouble US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star Country Hits Vol 3039 CDG Karaoke Have You Forgotten? Celebrity US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Beach of Dreams by Bruce Foulke (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $5.99 [0 bids]
North Star POP Hits Vol 2052 CDG Karaoke Devils & Angels Take My Breath Away! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vic Chesnutt North Star Deserter cd/lp Promo Poster NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RUPERT STERLING and his NORTH STAR STEEL BAND lp US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Philip Glass North Star 1977 LP US $32.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Tropical Christmas by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Movie Matinee by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spring Dance by Folk Like Us (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Always and Forever by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $23.95 Buy It Now 2 days
TROPICAL NIGHTS CALIDO 11 Song CD 1994 North Star Records Guitars Caribbean US $3.00 [0 bids]
Always and Forever by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter - CST046CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 2 days
sandy denny lp north star grassman and the ravens... green label orig. sp 4317 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2041 Karaoke Calling All Angels - One - The Anthem more! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2016 Karaoke Survivor - This is Me - Southside - Yellow US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2039 Karaoke Nothing At All - Angel - Dreams - Stuck US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2036 Karaoke When I'm Gone - Beautiful - Pretty Baby US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - North Star (CD2014) New & Sealed US $5.07 [1 bids]
ROBERT FRIPP-"NORTH STAR" 1979 U.S. ISSUE DOUBLE SIDED PROMOTIONAL 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
PETER BROWN - Can't Be Love/West Of The North Star US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Lysne,Geir & Listening Ensemb - Boahjenasti-The North Star [CD New] US $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2022 Karaoke Emotion - Superman - Fade - A Little Bit US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2020 Karaoke I'm A Believer - Hunter - Bad Day - US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CURVED AIR - NORTH STAR (UK) NEW CD US $37.07 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3053 Karaoke Hey Good Lookin' - Save A Horse - More! US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2048 CDG Karaoke With You - You Raise Me Up - US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2046 CDG Karaoke Breathe - Stacy's Mom - Fallen US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2043 CDG Karaoke Feel Good Time - Addicted - Amazing US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2042 CDG Karaoke Mr. Bartender - Intuition - Swing US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2051 CDG Karaoke Everybody Wants You - Everything US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2055 CDG Karaoke She Will Be Loved - Angels - Rescue US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
North Star Country Hits Vol 3036 CDG Karaoke 3 Wooden Crosses I drove All Night US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
One Singular Sensation by David Osborne (Cassette, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
1976 World Open 1 Drum Corps CD Muchachos, North Star, Commodores, Optimists US $17.95 Buy It Now 3 days
VIC CHESNUTT**NORTH STAR DESERTER**VINYL US $22.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.99 [0 bids]
North Star POP Hits Vol 2006 CDG Karaoke Kryptonite - With Arms Wide Open US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3052 CDG Karaoke Look At Us - Beer Man - G US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3049 CDG Karaoke Wild West Show - I Got a Feelin' US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
North Star Country Hits Vol 3046 CDG Karaoke Remember When - Texas Plates US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Curved Air - North Star NEW CD US $17.57 Buy It Now 3 days
HOKUTO NO KEN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR BGM II ANIME OST LP KEN GUERRIERO SURVIVANT US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Take It Satch: Best of Louis Armstrong by Louis Armstrong (CD, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
NORTH STAR - SAME 12 inch EP 1982 mint US $39.00 [0 bids]
NORTH STAR - TRISKELION orig with inner PURE MINT US $49.00 [0 bids]
VIC CHESNUTT north star deserter CD rarest PROMOTIONAL COPY GERMANY DIGIPAK US $9.99 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman & The Ravens 2x CD NEW & SEALED US $20.25 Buy It Now 4 days
North Star Artists Evening in Tuscany CD US $4.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Wisconsin Polka North Star Appli Record 45 Johnny Prill "A BIRTHDAY WISH" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Swing Jump Jive * by Doug James (Sax) (CD, Jan-2006, North Star Music) US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PHILIP GLASS - North Star CD ( Virgin Records CDV 2085 NO UPC ) RARE US $5.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Fist of the North Star Music CD OST 2 Soundtrack ****BRAND NEW**** HOKUTO NO KEN US $19.99 [0 bids]
Virgin International VI 2085 LP NM Philip Glass - North Star US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE STARLITES, North Star Appli # 121, Polka Music, Sealed US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Walk on By by Dionne Warwick (CD, Jan-2006, North Star Music) US $11.04 Buy It Now 4 days
VIC CHESNUTT - NORTH STAR DESERTER - NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 5 days
Chesnutt,Vic - North Star Deserter [CD New] US $11.29 Buy It Now 5 days
In the Arms of the Wind by Robin Spielberg (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.90 Buy It Now 5 days
North Star Grassman and The Ravens US $26.82 Buy It Now 5 days
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, 2004, North Star Music) US $4.34 [0 bids]
THE STARLITES, North Star Appli # 121, Polka Music US $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Cheryl Wheeler: S/T North Star W0001 Female Folk Vinyl LP Record SEALED not cut US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
STATE OF THE UNION - Fist of the North Star - TECHNO 12 US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
NORTH STAR "FEEL THE COLD" ULTRA RARE SYMPHONIC PROGRESSIVE CD) USA SHIPPING 8$. US $80.00 Buy It Now 5 days
1985 - ROBERT FRIPP NETWORK - North Star - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Sandy Denny - The North Star Grassman and The Ravens VINYL LP NEW/ MINT US $31.67 Buy It Now 6 days
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Denny Sandy - The North Star Grassman NEW CD US $8.32 Buy It Now 6 days
CD - Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $4.93 Buy It Now 6 days
Mojave - Out To Get -Cha / Never Give Up Your Love - North star US $423.64 Buy It Now 6 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2025 Karaoke Too Bad - Whenever Wherever - 7 Days More! US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
RODDY FRAME The North Star 1998 UK 1-trk promo CD Aztec Camera US $6.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Spring Dance by Folk Like Us (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $8.08 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy NORTH STAR music online Buy NORTH STAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NORTH STAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NORTH STAR Tempest ratings distribution

NORTH STAR Tempest reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars Well You know I don't like such derivative bands (within the so called "Neo Prog" school) very much, nor I get crazy for this US traditional sound resembling the "early Genesis", which is not so different. Nevertheless -in comparison to their disappointing debut album "Triskelion" (according to my personal tastes naturally), I find interesting music features inside, even though these latter are not always well connected together: the output is a bit uneven, but their personal imprinting starts growing! Actually a few parts of a melodic guitar are memorable, but generally the melodic lines inside their songs are remarkable and this time their emulation of such English stereotypes is acceptable.

I don't want to remark a particular track, cause the compactness of the sound and of the compositions as well, don't disturb my relaxed listening...it lacks of a certain cohesion, but at last this album is worth checking out at least.

I prefer derivative works like those ones by Glass Hammer for example, anyway make your own choice and you could find some surprising elements also within this "Tempest"!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#5186) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars It took me quite a while to make up my mind about this album before I wanted to do the review. The reason is this is one of the most varied albums I own. The only common ground I discovered was the fact all tracks are instrumental. It's almost as if the band wants to show all sorts of possibillities for instrumental music. I'll sum it up for you:

1. Tempest. If North Star would have done all their songs this way I would have considered a four star rating probably but unfortunately this track is misleading. It's likely the best track according to my taste and shows pretty impressive guitarwork as main feature. 4*

2. Yes, I know is much more distorted with keys as dominant instrument. Weird tones and tunes and darkish in mood, quite original with windsounds towards the end. 3,25*

3. Bathroom by the Bongos starts with percussion sounds taken over by keys and guitar later on. Sort of improvisation this one, not really the best composition you will ever hear. 3*

4. Weakest track of the album (Bach's Prelude in C) showcasing tempo shifts and variation in detail on xylophone. Maybe a nice invention but a bit boring when you listen to it more often. 2,75*

5. Opus V is much more jazzy over sudden than previous songs. I always love the jazzy stuff so bring it on I'd say. It just proves my statement in first paragraph by now. But there's more to come. 3,5* for Opus V

6. Raudra sounds totally middle eastern with Joe Newman on sitar. Funny thing is when I checked out this track on my mp3 (along with other bands) I thought this was a typical Osiris (Bahrain neoband) track. But it appeared this 6th tune by North Star. Interesting. 3,75*

7. With "Getting guige wit it" North Star proves they can also handle the semi-classical material. Another really nice one but still I miss the true excellence. 3,25*

8. Plastic Bombastic seems to be a wind dominated song but since there are no winds in the line-up it's probably the keys imitating them. Not one of the best this one. 3 *

9. Goodbye Mom is second best and (coincidence or not) the second with prominent guitar. Just guess what my fav instrument is, hu ? Anyway another very good one. 3,75 *

10. Another one with wind imitation to round things off. Colossus simply proves to me this album just doesn't make the cut as far as I'm concerned. 3*

And the cut being the limit level between 3 and 4 stars that is. In the end the album lacks direction and this one proves that variation isn't a guarentee for succes. The final score is some 3,3 for me. I'm curious what other North Star albums sound like... I'll check them out one day.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#552588) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Forth album named Tempest released in 2000 and issued at small label Space Monster Optional Entertainment is diffrent from previous Power and aswell from next Extremes. This is entirely instrumental album, this time the band optained for some experimental arrangements, no more symphonic parts a la Genesis, maybe only here and there, Tempest sounds very much diffrent then anything they done before, if they sicceded , well to me only partial. Less captivating then Power and Extremes, they toying with lots of sounds and all kinds of jazzy eclectic elements combined with xylophone and sitar, the vocalist Joe Newnam is responsable for sitar use in Raudra. If overall is ok, I don't like very much the guitar sound, is too muddy for my ears and doesn't have a proper direction, like some pieces aswell, to much of everything is here. No particular piece is better then other, all have same level, so from me only 3 stars this time, great cover art. I think this experimental album from them not quite succeded after all, I prefer their symphonic prog side much more, there they can offer the best they got like on their next album and by far their best Extremes.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#637702) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 stars This U.S. based band has been compared to GENESIS and this could very well be the case as my only experience with them started and ended with this release. Not that I didn't appreciate some of the music but I found it a bit disconnected and nomadish, meaning there was little continuity throug ... (read more)

Report this review (#5187) | Posted by Trafficdogg | Thursday, May 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now..ive read (my ever reliable colleague) Greger R.´s reviews on North Stars previous albums..and this their 2000 outing......doesn´t get more than 3 stars either. North Star are obviosly a bunch of capable guys.....but..the thing is..they dont seem to get it together....as this record is a bag ... (read more)

Report this review (#5185) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 02, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NORTH STAR "Tempest"