TEMPEST

Buy NORTH STAR Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Tempest (6:54)
2. Yes, I Know (5:02)
3. Bathroom By the Bongos (6:23)
4. Prelude in C (2:38)
5. Opus V (6:00)
6. Raudra (9:09)
7. Getting' Guigué Wit It (3:21)
8. Plastic Bombastic (7:00)
9. Goodbye Mom (6:09)
10. Colossus (4:43)

Search NORTH STAR Tempest lyrics

Search NORTH STAR Tempest tabs

- Dave Johnson / electric, acoustic, & bass guitars
- Glenn Leonard / drums & percussion, keyboards (on tracks 4 & 5)
- Kevin Leonard / keyboards, bass (on 1 & 3)
- Joe Newnam / sitar

CD Space Monster Optional Entertainment CD-0500-4 (2000) USA

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

NORTH STAR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NORTH STAR Tempest Music

1976 World Open 1 Drum Corps CD Muchachos, North Star, Commodores, Optimists US $17.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Fist of the North Star Music CD OST 2 Soundtrack ****BRAND NEW**** HOKUTO NO KEN US $19.99 [0 bids]
TROPICAL NIGHTS CALIDO 11 Song CD 1994 North Star Records Guitars Caribbean US $3.00 [0 bids]
North Star POP Hits Vol 2006 CDG Karaoke Kryptonite - With Arms Wide Open US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Wisconsin Polka North Star Appli Record 45 Johnny Prill "A BIRTHDAY WISH" US $9.99 [0 bids]
RUPERT STERLING and his NORTH STAR STEEL BAND lp Near Mint US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 46m
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3052 CDG Karaoke Look At Us - Beer Man - Girls Lie US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 24m
North Star COUNTRY Hits Vol 3049 CDG Karaoke Wild West Show - I Got a Feelin' US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 28m
North Star Country Hits Vol 3046 CDG Karaoke Remember When - Texas Plates US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $7.95 [0 bids]
18h
Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $6.75 [0 bids]
18h
PHILIP GLASS~NORTH STAR~LP~1977~NEW AGE ELECTRONIC MUSIC~WITH SHRINK~EXCELLENT US $7.00 Buy It Now 20h 23m
ROBERT FRIPP-"NORTH STAR" 1979 U.S. ISSUE DOUBLE SIDED PROMOTIONAL 12" SINGLE US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE NORTH STAR BAND LP Tonight 1979 Adelphi rare hippie rock US $7.00 [0 bids]
Fist Of The North Star Original Songs CD Album - Hokuto No Ken - US Seller US $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 12m
SANDY DENNY The North Star PROMO BOX + 4 JAPAN MINI LP CD RARE OOP US $139.99 Buy It Now 23h 3m
Piano Silhouettes by Judith Lynn Stillman (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Robert Fripp m- 12 promo North Star / same US $24.99 [0 bids]
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
HOKUTO NO KEN FIST OF THE NORTH STAR BGM II ANIME OST LP KEN GUERRIERO SURVIVANT US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTH STAR "FEEL THE COLD" ULTRA RARE SYMPHONIC PROGRESSIVE CD) USA SHIPPING 8$. US $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman & The Ravens 2x CD NEW & SEALED US $13.20 Buy It Now 1 day
North Star Artists Evening in Tuscany CD US $4.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Swing Jump Jive * by Doug James (Sax) (CD, Jan-2006, North Star Music) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Philip Glass North Star 1st 1977 George Piros Virgin Press ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE STARLITES, North Star Appli # 121, Polka Music, Sealed US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Walk on By by Dionne Warwick (CD, Jan-2006, North Star Music) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beautiful Dreamer by Robin Spielberg (Cassette, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter [CD New] US $11.19 Buy It Now 2 days
In the Arms of the Wind by Robin Spielberg (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Always and Forever by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Curved Air - North Star NEW CD US $17.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Robert Fripp - North Star 12" rare (Polydor white label) unreleased like new US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, 2004, North Star Music) US $4.34 Buy It Now 2 days
Wings of Hope * by Kingsway (CD, Apr-2005, North Star Music) US $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE STARLITES, North Star Appli # 121, Polka Music US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vic Chesnutt - North Star Deserter 2LP with Thee Silver Mt. Zion Orchestra OOP US $19.99 [0 bids]
Cheryl Wheeler: S/T North Star W0001 Female Folk Vinyl LP Record SEALED not cut US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STATE OF THE UNION - Fist of the North Star - TECHNO 12 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The North Star Grassman And The Ravens Sandy Denny Audio CD US $10.71 Buy It Now 2 days
Journey by Emilio Kauderer (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
What a Wonderful World by David Osborne (CD, Feb-2010, North Star Music) NEW US $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Philip Glass North Star 1977 LP US $32.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PHILIP GLASS - NORTH STAR - Orig 1986 1st Press CD CDV 2085 US $9.99 [0 bids]
1985 - ROBERT FRIPP NETWORK - North Star - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.93 Buy It Now 3 days
Wine Country Jazz by Bruce Abbott (CD, 2006, North Star Music) US $9.00 Buy It Now 3 days
One Singular Sensation by David Osborne (Cassette, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman And The Ravens LP 11 Track 180 Gram Back To Blac US $33.20 Buy It Now 3 days
PHILIP GLASS - North Star - original 1988 Virgin Records CD US $8.99 [0 bids]
CD - Music of the Night by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $4.93 Buy It Now 3 days
Mojave - Out To Get -Cha / Never Give Up Your Love - North star US $415.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Especially for You by David Osborne (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spring Dance by Folk Like Us (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $9.50 Buy It Now 3 days
"THE NORTH STAR (RECORDS) CHRISTMAS SAMPLER" COMPACT DISC / CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Don Schlies and his Orchestra Lot of 3 Polka 45 Records North Star Appli Gold KL US $14.95 [0 bids]
SEALED SANDY DENNY The North Star GRassman and The Ravens LP CGLP 442931257 4429 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Curved Air - North Star NEW CD US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR ( HOKUTO NO KEN ) - OST 3LP+JAPAN MOVIE PROGRAM SET OBI US $225.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Sandy Denny - North Star Grassman Del Edtn (NEW CD) US $13.68 Buy It Now 4 days
Christmas Remembered: Classic Holiday Chamber Music (CD, Jun-1994, North Star... US $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Sandy Denny The North Star Grassman and The Ravens lp new 180 gram vinyl US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
New England Christmastide (Cassette, 1986, North Star) US $2.39 Buy It Now 4 days
PETER BROWN can't be love do it to me anyway 7" promo b/w west of the north star US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Sandy Denny The North Star Grassman - 1st - EX UK vinyl LP album record US $106.20 Buy It Now 4 days
What Is My Heart For by Sarah Brooks (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $4.18 Buy It Now 4 days
NORTH STAR - SAME 12 inch EP 1982 mint US $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NORTH STAR - TRISKELION orig with inner PURE MINT US $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Kyle Carey - North Star - New CD Seamus Egan - Craig Werth US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sandy Denny - The North Star And The Ravens Canadian A&M LP US $8.29 [2 bids]
NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS BY DENNY,SANDY (CD) US $31.90 Buy It Now 4 days
North Star POP Hits Vol 2025 Karaoke Too Bad - Whenever Wherever - 7 Days More! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bells, Kings & Favorite Things by Ron Murray (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.25 [0 bids]
Philip Glass North Star 1977 Virgin Records AL 34669 US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Denny Sandy - North Star Grassman & The Ravens Dlx CD US $31.75 Buy It Now 5 days
RODDY FRAME The North Star 1998 UK 1-trk promo CD Aztec Camera US $6.63 Buy It Now 5 days
Evening in Tuscany by North Star Artists US $4.48 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDY DENNY The North Star Grassman And The Ravens ISLAND PINK RIM A1 B1 US $36.87 Buy It Now 5 days
Warren Nelson,NEW CD,Old Minnesota: Song of the North Star US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Bill Green - Holes in the Soles of My Shoes - 45 RPM Record - 7" - North Star US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Tropical Breezes by Calido (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SANDY DENNY-NORTH STAR GRASSMAN-NEW CD ALBUM US $14.32 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDY DENNY-THE NORTH STAR GRAS-NEW CD ALBUM US $8.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Sandy Denny - North Star Grassman & The Ravens [Vinyl New] US $49.06 Buy It Now 5 days
SANDY DENNY**NORTH STAR GRASSMAN AND THE RAVENS (180 G/WITH DL/GF)**VINYL US $20.50 Buy It Now 5 days
Curved Air - North Star ( CD 2014) US $5.31 [4 bids]
Appleseed Cast North Star Ordination Graveface Charity ORANGE 7" #122/250! US $19.99 [0 bids]
The North Star Grassman and the Ravens by Sandy Denny (Vinyl, Jul-2014,... US $46.12 Buy It Now 5 days
Tonight The North Star Northstar Band SEALED NEW LP 1979 Adelphi Records Inx US $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
VIC CHESNUTT**NORTH STAR DESERTER**CD US $10.80 Buy It Now 6 days
A Celtic Celebration by Steve Schuch (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VIC CHESNUTT**NORTH STAR DESERTER**VINYL US $22.61 Buy It Now 6 days
In a Sentimental Mood by Boston Jazz Ensemble (CD, Jul-2004, North Star Music) US $0.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DENNY,SANDY-NORTH STAR GRASS(DLX CD NEW US $24.68 Buy It Now 6 days
Take It Satch: Best of Louis Armstrong by Louis Armstrong (CD, North Star Music) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Sandy Denny: The North Star Grassman (LP,12") White Label Promo copy-Folk US $19.99 [0 bids]
Sandy Denny(Fairport)/The North Star Grassman & The Ravens.UK Island LP. US $24.91 Buy It Now 6 days
LP/VINYL-PHILIP GLASS "North Star" 1977 Virgin Records Ambient US $16.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Bridge Album LP 1982 PRIVATE NWOBHM Lyadrive/Tempest Ride/Heretic/North Star US $249.10 Buy It Now 6 days
SANDY DENNY North Star Grassman & The Ravens LP RARE US $27.50 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy NORTH STAR music online Buy NORTH STAR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NORTH STAR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NORTH STAR Tempest ratings distribution

NORTH STAR Tempest reviews

Review by lor68
3 stars Well You know I don't like such derivative bands (within the so called "Neo Prog" school) very much, nor I get crazy for this US traditional sound resembling the "early Genesis", which is not so different. Nevertheless -in comparison to their disappointing debut album "Triskelion" (according to my personal tastes naturally), I find interesting music features inside, even though these latter are not always well connected together: the output is a bit uneven, but their personal imprinting starts growing! Actually a few parts of a melodic guitar are memorable, but generally the melodic lines inside their songs are remarkable and this time their emulation of such English stereotypes is acceptable.

I don't want to remark a particular track, cause the compactness of the sound and of the compositions as well, don't disturb my relaxed listening...it lacks of a certain cohesion, but at last this album is worth checking out at least.

I prefer derivative works like those ones by Glass Hammer for example, anyway make your own choice and you could find some surprising elements also within this "Tempest"!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#5186) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 28, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars It took me quite a while to make up my mind about this album before I wanted to do the review. The reason is this is one of the most varied albums I own. The only common ground I discovered was the fact all tracks are instrumental. It's almost as if the band wants to show all sorts of possibillities for instrumental music. I'll sum it up for you:

1. Tempest. If North Star would have done all their songs this way I would have considered a four star rating probably but unfortunately this track is misleading. It's likely the best track according to my taste and shows pretty impressive guitarwork as main feature. 4*

2. Yes, I know is much more distorted with keys as dominant instrument. Weird tones and tunes and darkish in mood, quite original with windsounds towards the end. 3,25*

3. Bathroom by the Bongos starts with percussion sounds taken over by keys and guitar later on. Sort of improvisation this one, not really the best composition you will ever hear. 3*

4. Weakest track of the album (Bach's Prelude in C) showcasing tempo shifts and variation in detail on xylophone. Maybe a nice invention but a bit boring when you listen to it more often. 2,75*

5. Opus V is much more jazzy over sudden than previous songs. I always love the jazzy stuff so bring it on I'd say. It just proves my statement in first paragraph by now. But there's more to come. 3,5* for Opus V

6. Raudra sounds totally middle eastern with Joe Newman on sitar. Funny thing is when I checked out this track on my mp3 (along with other bands) I thought this was a typical Osiris (Bahrain neoband) track. But it appeared this 6th tune by North Star. Interesting. 3,75*

7. With "Getting guige wit it" North Star proves they can also handle the semi-classical material. Another really nice one but still I miss the true excellence. 3,25*

8. Plastic Bombastic seems to be a wind dominated song but since there are no winds in the line-up it's probably the keys imitating them. Not one of the best this one. 3 *

9. Goodbye Mom is second best and (coincidence or not) the second with prominent guitar. Just guess what my fav instrument is, hu ? Anyway another very good one. 3,75 *

10. Another one with wind imitation to round things off. Colossus simply proves to me this album just doesn't make the cut as far as I'm concerned. 3*

And the cut being the limit level between 3 and 4 stars that is. In the end the album lacks direction and this one proves that variation isn't a guarentee for succes. The final score is some 3,3 for me. I'm curious what other North Star albums sound like... I'll check them out one day.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#552588) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Forth album named Tempest released in 2000 and issued at small label Space Monster Optional Entertainment is diffrent from previous Power and aswell from next Extremes. This is entirely instrumental album, this time the band optained for some experimental arrangements, no more symphonic parts a la Genesis, maybe only here and there, Tempest sounds very much diffrent then anything they done before, if they sicceded , well to me only partial. Less captivating then Power and Extremes, they toying with lots of sounds and all kinds of jazzy eclectic elements combined with xylophone and sitar, the vocalist Joe Newnam is responsable for sitar use in Raudra. If overall is ok, I don't like very much the guitar sound, is too muddy for my ears and doesn't have a proper direction, like some pieces aswell, to much of everything is here. No particular piece is better then other, all have same level, so from me only 3 stars this time, great cover art. I think this experimental album from them not quite succeded after all, I prefer their symphonic prog side much more, there they can offer the best they got like on their next album and by far their best Extremes.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#637702) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2 stars This U.S. based band has been compared to GENESIS and this could very well be the case as my only experience with them started and ended with this release. Not that I didn't appreciate some of the music but I found it a bit disconnected and nomadish, meaning there was little continuity throug ... (read more)

Report this review (#5187) | Posted by Trafficdogg | Thursday, May 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now..ive read (my ever reliable colleague) Greger R.´s reviews on North Stars previous albums..and this their 2000 outing......doesn´t get more than 3 stars either. North Star are obviosly a bunch of capable guys.....but..the thing is..they dont seem to get it together....as this record is a bag ... (read more)

Report this review (#5185) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 02, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NORTH STAR "Tempest"