THE DARK CHAPTER

Michael Romeo The Dark Chapter album cover

Buy MICHAEL ROMEO Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. Carpathia (2:08)
2. Cask of Amontillado (5:07)
3. Psychotic Episode (4:00)
4. Masque of the Red Death (7:01)
5. Sevil Alucard (5:10)
6. The Premature Burial (6:19)
7. MJR#13 (7:15)
8. Paganini - Concerto in B Minor (2:35)
9. Noit Al Ever (3:08)

Search MICHAEL ROMEO The Dark Chapter lyrics

Search MICHAEL ROMEO The Dark Chapter tabs

- Michael Romeo / all instruments*
- Michael Pinella / keyboards

*except track 8

CD Hellion 842 (1994)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MICHAEL ROMEO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MICHAEL ROMEO The Dark Chapter Music

Dark ChapterDark Chapter
Himalaya 2003
Michael Romeo / The Dark Chapter JAPAN Symphony X XRCN-1205 1ST PRESS!!!!! #F US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Symphony X "Twilight In Olympus" CD Michael Romeo Prog Symphonic Power Metal US $2.50 [1 bids]
Dark Chapter by Michael Romeo US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL ROMEO - DARK CHAPTER - NEW CD US $15.58 Buy It Now 4 days
Michael Romeo : Dark Chapter CD (2003) US $11.94 Buy It Now 5 days
CD DC Drive S/T AOR Rock Adrenalin Brian Pastoria Jimmy Michael Romeo US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Johansson / The Last Viking JAPAN+1 Goran Edman Stratovarius Michael Romeo *I US $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SYMPHONY X s/t '94 JAPAN 1ST CD OBI OOP PROG POWER METAL Michael Romeo OVERLORDE US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SYMPHONY X The Damnation Game '95 JAPAN 1ST CD OBI OOP Michael Romeo ALLEN/LANDE US $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PHANTOM'S OPERA s/t 95 ORIG LONG ISLAND RECORDS OOP AOR Michael Romeo SYMPHONY X US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Michael Romeo - The Dark Chapter, Toshiba EMI Ltd. Japan Press 1994 TOCP-50915 US $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Gounod Plasson Michael - Romeo Et Juliette W/ Cdrom CD US $41.12 Buy It Now 12 days
Symphony X - Michael Romeo / The Dark Chapter JAPAN PROMO NEW!!!!!!!!!! US $39.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Michael Romeo - Dark Chapter [CD New] US $18.56 Buy It Now 21 days
SYMPHONY X - S.T. 10tracks, 1994 JAPAN CD W/OBI OOP XRCN-1198, MICHAEL ROMEO US $27.89 Buy It Now 22 days
Michael Romeo - Dark Chapter CD US $25.55 Buy It Now 22 days
MICHAEL ROMEO - DARK CHAPTER NEW CD US $28.52 Buy It Now 23 days
Dark Chapter - Michael Romeo New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $29.11 Buy It Now 25 days
MICHAEL ROMEO / THE DARK CHAPTER US $9.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MICHAEL ROMEO - DARK CHAPTER [4001617284827] - NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy MICHAEL ROMEO music online Buy MICHAEL ROMEO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MICHAEL ROMEO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MICHAEL ROMEO The Dark Chapter ratings distribution

MICHAEL ROMEO The Dark Chapter reviews

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Solo debut album by Michael Romeo and currently his only one, released back in 1994 along with Symphony X' first one. This one is entirely instrumental and deals with power/shred metal only with slight classical influences as well as being quite proggy. Except for the programmed drums and the keyboards on track 8 (which are played by SymX keyboardist Michael Pinnela), Michael Romeo plays all the instruments himself and shows not only that he is a great guitarist, but a steady keyboardist and bassist as well. The music is much in the style of the earlier SymX material only more shredding and less keyboards, but it's not bad, not at all.

This one is, in my opinion, much better than SymX's debut, considering it's better produced and more balanced. However, this is more for the power/shred metal or SymX fan than people who want Dream Theater or Fates Warning-ish stuff. But fans of Romeo should really get this one if they can find it! The overal album mood is pretty dark, so play it at night for the best effect.

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#63498) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 07, 2006

Review by Gatot
3 stars I did not pay enough attention on this solo album by Symphony X guitarist until a friend of mine posted a review of this solo album in my personal blog. Then, I tried to take a look on this and it surprised me that I enjoy this album. At first spin I thought that the music is something similar like what Yngwiw Malmsteen did. especially during the intro part from the opener "Carpathia" (2:08). It still then have similar style under the second track "Cask of Amontillado" (5:07) even though the dynamics a re quite different as this album lies heavily on power metal like Symphony X. The sonic quality of the album is very good even though Romeo played all instruments by himself. I was a bit disturbed with the drums programming but then I got used to it and enjoy the music through more progressive track like "Psychotic Episode" (4:00) where he plays also piano as part of the interlude. I know he is not a real pianist but he can insert the piano sounds really well. He is a talented musician, I believe, as he can play many instruments.

The fourth track "Masque of the Red Death" (7:01) is more progressive naturally as he strated with something quite explorative during introduction part and it moves forward with guitar that is mixed thinly before he finally makes the real guitar solo. Under the "Sevil Alucard" (5:10) he makes further exploration with ups and downs on rhythm section.

I think this album is worth for those who enjoy power metal or progressive metal. Fans of Symphony X must must have this album in their collection. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1128505) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 08, 2014

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Michael Romeo is without doubt one of the most talentated, inspired and skillful guitarist in last couple of decades. I'm a big fan of his style both solo as on Symphony X. Before or actualy in same time with born of legends Symphony X, Michael Romeo released his first and in same time his last solo album under his name - The dark chapter, issued in 1994. Well, this is awesome to my ears, instrumental prog metal with neo classical passages, from up tempo twists and turns to delightful arpeggios and inventive mellow parts, this release is more the enjoyble to me. Even I know Symphony X for long time, since around Damnation game, I never really look to this album, I don't know why, I bought this one only few years back, and I was instantly hooked, knowing his work with his mother band , this one was a sure delight to me. His style his very reminescent of Vinnie Moore, Malmsteen in places, and with his own touch, the result is almost perfect. The skills are top notch, he playing with an amazing ease even some said that this release is more a show of then a real album, I don't care, this is fantastic and all guitar lovers must listen to this one at least once. Also Michael Pinella is present here on keyboards, no other then his mate from future Symphony X, he done a very solid job here aswell. Pieces like Masque of the Red Death, Cask of Amontillado or The Premature Burial are real winners, showing how big potential this guy has in prog metal world, no wonder he will become quikly a very respected guitarist worldwide.Not only did Michael play the majority of all the instruments on the album, he also engineered, mixed and produced the album showcasing his versatile abilities in the studio. For me personaly 4 stars, quite connected with Symphony X, but only instrumental. A total winner.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#1133310) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2 stars Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!Excuse me if I use the term of guitar masturbation to qualify stylistically this album! Only an avalanche of arpeggios and sometimes I got the feeling that Mr Romeo is trying to see if he is able to break the speed of sound with some common and uninspired compositions in the neo ... (read more)

Report this review (#258382) | Posted by Ovidiu | Tuesday, December 29, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Nice and interesting guitar album. "The Dark Chapter" provides many fantastic solos, arpeggios, e.g. "Masque of the Red Death" and also nice keyboard parts, e.g. "Noit Al Ever". During the solos you can already notice Michael Romeo's usual techniques, such as string skipping, arpeggios², ta ... (read more)

Report this review (#64980) | Posted by W.Chuck | Monday, January 16, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MICHAEL ROMEO "The Dark Chapter"