GRASS AND WILD STRAWBERRIES

rock music collection

Buy THE COLLECTORS Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Prelude (4:51)
2. Grass and Wild Strawberries (2:03)
3. Things I Remember (2:49)
4. Don't Turn Away (From Me) (3:12)
5. Teletype Click (2:57)
6. Seventeenth Summer (3:31)
7. Long Rain (2:58)
8. My Love Delights Me (2:25)
9. Dreams of Desolation (2:35)
10. Rainbow of Fire (2:54)
11. Early Morning (3:35)
12. Sheep on the Hillside (4:16)

- Howie Vickie / lead vocals
- Bill Henderson / guitar, keyboards, lead vocals
- Claire Lawrence / saxophones, flute, keyboards, harmonica, vocals
- Glenn Miller / bass, vocals
- Ross Turney / drums

Artwork: Ed Thrasher

LP New Syndrome Records ‎- WS 1774 (1969, Canada)

CD Line Records ‎- LECD 9.01013 (1991, Germany)
CD Collectors' Choice Music ‎- CCM-500-2 (2004, US)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy THE COLLECTORS Grass And Wild Strawberries Music

Grass & Wild StrawberriesGrass & Wild Strawberries
Collector's Choice 2005

More places to buy THE COLLECTORS music online Buy THE COLLECTORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE COLLECTORS Grass And Wild Strawberries ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(56%)

THE COLLECTORS Grass And Wild Strawberries reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars The second album from the Collectors should have been a real peak of psychadelia as it is a full-blown ecological concept (albeit with hippy ideals that pervades from those magic years), but strangely so, the album is almost a step backwards in the songwriting - sounding more like the 60's.

Although there are many excellent moments on the record, I feel that this album is more drawn to the Moody Blues than their debut (which was more axed towards HP Lovecraft and Vanilla Fudge), some of the highlights are Things I Remember and the Spirit-like Teletype Click.

However smoothly most of the album runs along the road, there are a few bumps, most notably the My Love Delights Me - which sounds like Hey Nonie Nonie (done by Sladfe a few years later) - a relatively deceptive Dream Of Desolation - which does not sound desolate enough to this writer - and an Early Morning - too pop-ish for an early morning. However, the finale is riveting and maybe the best moment of the album (bringing you back to the previous album) and a fitting ending to an ambitious project.

Can one throw stones at an innovator or an adventurer? My guess is NO, (even if I am sometimes harsh towards some prog artistes), and these guys will do some more musical venturing under the Chilliwack name. But this is another story, and this album, although quite worthy has a hard time living up to its debut.

4 stars The Collectors's Gras and Wild Strawberries is somewhat more conventional than the Collectors's debut. The songwriting however is very strong and the vocals as good as ever. The best song may be an up-tempo bluegrass song called "My love delights me". It's an optimistic song with a catchy me ... (read more)

Report this review (#636600) | Posted by the philosopher | Monday, February 20, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE COLLECTORS "Grass And Wild Strawberries"