NORDBORG

1. Moonrise (21:18)
2. Iceland (20:00)

Search ADELBERT VON DEYEN Nordborg lyrics

Search ADELBERT VON DEYEN Nordborg tabs

- Adelbert Von Deyen / synthesizer, guitar, keyboards, vocals, arp odyssey synth, hohner electric piano, farfisa organ, farfisa sting-orchestra, rhythm-computer, roland mixer

LP Sky Records (1979)

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition

ADELBERT VON DEYEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADELBERT VON DEYEN Nordborg Music

2006
LiveLive
Sky
Vinyl$52.99
GERMANY 1st press ADELBERT VON DEYEN Atmosphere LP 1980 SKY041 KLAUS SCHULZE US $68.98 Buy It Now 2 days
TOP COSMIC SYNTH PROG Adelbert Von Deyen "LIVE" ORIG. SKY '84 SCHULZE/PINK FLOYD US $69.99 [0 bids]
SPACE FUNK SYNTH ADELBERT VON DEYEN "PLANETARY" ORIG. SKY LP '82 SCHULZE/FLOYD! US $99.99 [0 bids]
COSMIC SYNTH KRAUT PROG Adelbert Von Deyen IMPRESSIONS '85 orig LP PINK FLOYD NM US $99.99 [0 bids]
COSMIC SYNTH KRAUT PROG Adelbert Von Deyen IMPRESSIONS '85 orig LP PINK FLOYD NM US $69.99 [0 bids]
ADELBERT VON DEYEN STERNZEIT german electronic electronic space KRAUT prog US $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ADELBERT VON DEYEN NORDBORG german electronic electronic space KRAUT prog US $40.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ADELBERT VON DEYEN Eclipse LP 1981 Germany SKY062 First press KLASU SCHULZE OOP US $68.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Adelbert Von Deyen, Phantomband,, Schwingungen New Age Music V.1 Audio CD US $43.49 Buy It Now 12 days
Adelbert Von Deyen / Atmosphere German Sky Test Pressing LP Klaus Schulze US $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Adelbert Von Deyen / Eclipse German Sky Test Pressing LP Klaus Schulze 1981 US $39.99 Buy It Now 18 days
EX/EX !! Adelbert Von Deyen/Eclipse/1981 Sky LP US $56.02 Buy It Now 19 days
Germany ADELBERT VON DEYEN Dieter Schütz Inventions LP 1982 SKY082 KLAUS SCHULZE US $69.88 Buy It Now 20 days
ADELBERT VON DEYEN 1978 STERNZEIT RARE GERMAN SYNTH LP! US $45.00 Buy It Now 22 days
COSMIC SYNTH KRAUT PROG Adelbert Von Deyen IMPRESSIONS '85 orig LP PINK FLOYD NM US $99.99 Buy It Now 26 days
SPACE FUNK SYNTH ADELBERT VON DEYEN "PLANETARY" ORIG. SKY LP '82 SCHULZE/FLOYD! US $124.99 Buy It Now 27 days
TOP COSMIC SYNTH PROG Adelbert Von Deyen "LIVE" ORIG. SKY '84 SCHULZE/PINK FLOYD US $69.99 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy ADELBERT VON DEYEN music online Buy ADELBERT VON DEYEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADELBERT VON DEYEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADELBERT VON DEYEN Nordborg ratings distribution

ADELBERT VON DEYEN Nordborg reviews

Review by Aussie-Byrd-Brother
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars ADELBERT VON DEYEN is a mostly forgotten German experimental Berlin school electronic artist whose work is constantly compared to Klaus Schulze. He is even often dismissed outright as a blatant rip-off of the man. No doubt, there are numerous similarities, and he does consider Schulze as his primary influence, but I find Von Deyen often goes in interesting directions Schulze never did. I'm certainly not an expert on the electronic/Berlin school genre, so I only hope I might be in a good position to offer a unique approach to this album without resorting to comparisons.

1979's `Nordborg' is entirely instrumental, split into two side-long pieces, and the album is made up of repetitive, hypnotic synth waves, that draw you into a calm, trance like state. Perhaps it's a little primitive and simplistic from a composition point of view, yet I find it equally monotonous and fascinating, able to become lost in the album's own deep space.

Side A `Moonrise' has no percussive elements at all, just ambient drifting synths, washing back and forth over the listener. It doesn't change much through it's 21 minutes, just ebbs and flows with cool trance-like rhythms, creating a very dark, meditative and icy atmosphere. The synths hold a very glacial and cold presence, making you feel isolated and lost.

Side B `Iceland' (how appropriate) is perhaps a little less suffocating, due to the addition of some slightly upbeat gentle percussive pulses, with an occasional repeating electric piano melody. It's not quite as floating and tranquil as the first side, but it's still very subtle and minimal. There's a cold pulsing machine-like tone to the arrangement. I especially like the rather disturbing keyboard drone that begins at the 12 minute mark, with faint distant winds adding to the drama. The final few minutes almost sound uplifting in comparison, reminding a little of the final choral section of Floyd's `A Saucerful Of Secrets'. The Pink Floyd influence would surface even more over his next few albums.

Just like on the beautiful front cover, the music perhaps conjures up images of strange alien worlds, barren deserts and overwhelming oceans. I love the feeling of solitude the album wraps you up in, if you take the time and patience to discover it.

Archives member Tom Ozric gave me his copy of this LP that he no longer wanted many years back, saying that it did nothing for him. Other than being pretty blown away by the front cover, I found the album quite characterless and tedious at first, but over the years I kept coming back to it to try and see if it worked on extended listens. I now find it hugely immersive and captivating, appreciating it more and more with each listen. It's really become quite an important album to me.

I suppose I'd like most in this review to encourage other listeners, especially Schulze fans to perhaps give it a try, or likely even a second listen. It's not exactly the most cutting edge or ground- breaking electronic album, but I find it's more than successful on its own merits. It's certainly not for every prog-rock fan, but I'd like to hope some other listeners might appreciate the album like I do. I'm really quite surprised to see that I'm the first person to review this album, so I look forward to some others hopefully adding their own thoughts!

Four stars for a special album to me.

Send comments to Aussie-Byrd-Brother (BETA) | Report this review (#804304) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post a review of ADELBERT VON DEYEN "Nordborg"