NUANCES

Mindflowers

Mindflowers Nuances album cover

Buy MINDFLOWERS Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Intro They're Coming! (1:01)
2. Ego (6:20)
3. Victoria (7:59)
4. The Merovingian (7:30)
5. Ego Jam (1:59)
6. Earplug (6:56)
7. Sordino (bass solo) (2:41)
8. Chromantica (8:41)
9. Igor The Dog (6:08)
10. Soundcreek (4:41)
11. Britney's Pears (9:28)
12. The Last Christmas (5:26)

Search MINDFLOWERS Nuances lyrics

Search MINDFLOWERS Nuances tabs

- Zoltan Szentpal / guitar, classical guitar
- Balazs Szendofi / bass, classical guitar, Fretless bass
- Gergely Gaspar / drums
- Zoltan Bubenyak / keyboards

CD Periferic Records BGCD 148 (2005)

Thanks to riversdancing for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MINDFLOWERS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MINDFLOWERS Nuances Music

MindfloaterMindfloater
Dark Matter Distribution 2006
NuancesNuances
Periferic Records
Audio CD$59.60 (used)
ImprogressiveImprogressive
Periferic Records

More places to buy MINDFLOWERS music online Buy MINDFLOWERS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MINDFLOWERS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MINDFLOWERS Nuances ratings distribution

MINDFLOWERS Nuances reviews

3 stars I feel like i'm one of the few who isn't blown away by this Jazz / Fusion band from Hungary. This is their second release and in my opinion it's not as good as their debut. They're obviously a talented band but their music fails to do anything for me. I'm not sure how to answer why it doesn't, it just doesn't connect with me.

"They're Coming!" is the one minute intro of experimental sounds before they kick into "Ego". Drums and bass to open then it kicks in before a minute. A nice heavy soundscape before 2 1/2 minutes then it settles again as contrasts continue. "Victoria" is mellow with bass and cymbals leading the way. Keyboards join in on this jazzy tune. "The Merovingian" opens with keyboards, bass and drums. Guitar joins in as it gets heavy. The heaviness comes and goes. Some crazy synths before 3 minutes. "Ego Jam" is a short tune with drums, bass and piano standing out. "Earplug" is led by keyboards early. It's heavy before 3 minutes and later as themes are repeated.

"Sordino-Bass Solo" is well... just that. "Chromantica" features some guitar that I really like the sound of. It settles right down 2 1/2 minutes in then builds. Nice bass after 5 1/2 minutes. "Igor The Dog" is my favourite and not just because we hear this dog growling, sniffing and carrying on. This one gets pretty jazzy but also heavy before 1 1/2 minutes. "Soundcreek" opens with the sounds of birds and water which are replaced by some laid back music. The birds and water sounds return late. "Britney's Pears" is a great title. It opens with bass before drums then keys take the spotlight. Piano and guitar do the same later. "The Last Christmas" features some baby sounds and music.

As I mentioned in the intro most people who have heard this band are very impressed, so my rating and thoughts should be taken with a grain of salt. 3 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#273809) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

4 stars When I first spun this in my CD player, I was stunned at what came out of the speakers. Here is this band I never heard of playing the most incredible fusion jazz/rock, the likes of which I had not heard since Mahavishnu Orchestra and Return to Forever. Very melodic most of the time, but alwa ... (read more)

Report this review (#80919) | Posted by beebs | Sunday, June 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MINDFLOWERS "Nuances"