THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT

Queen The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert album cover

Buy QUEEN Music
DVD/Video, released in 1999

Disc 1:
1. Tie Your Mother Down (with Joe Elliot)
2. I Want It All (with Roger Daltrey)
3. Las Palabras De Amor (with Zucchero)
4. Hammer to Fall (with Gary Cherone)
5. Stone Cold Crazy (with James Hetfield)
6. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (with Robert Plant)
7. Too Much Love Will Kill You (Brian May)
8. Radio Ga Ga (with Paul Young)
9. Who Wants to Live Forever (with Seal)
10. I Want to Break Free (with Lisa Stansfield)
11. Under Pressure (with David Bowie & Annie Lennox)
12. All the Young Dudes (with David Bowie, Ian Hunter, Mick Ronson)
13. Heroes (with David Bowie & Mick Ronson)
14. 39 (with George Michael)
15. These Are the Days of Our Lives (with Lisa Stansfield, George Michael)
16. Somebody to Love (with George Michael)
17. Bohemian Rhapsody (with Elton John, Axl Rose)
18. The Show Must Go On (with Elton John)
19. We Will Rock You (with Axl Rose)
20. We Are the Champions (with Liza Minnelli)
Metallica (Tracks 21 to 23):
21. Enter Sandman
22. Sad But True
23. Nothing Else Matters
24. Queen Medley (Extreme)
25. Now I'm Here (Def Leppard)
"Too Much Love Will Kill You" (Brian May)
Guns N' Roses: "Paradise City" "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
Disc 2:

- Axl Rose
- Liza Minnelli
- Metallica / James Hetfield, Jason Newsted, Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich
- Extreme
- Def Leppard / Joe Elliott, Phil Collen, Rick Savage, Rick Allen, Vivian Campbell

Movie description:
This sell-out concert took place last year before a crowd of 72,000 at Wembley Stadium, London as a tribute to Freddie Mercury from Queen who died in 1991. Some of the many artists include: Metallica, Extreme, Def Leppard, Guns n' Roses, Elizabeth Taylor, Elton John, and many many others.

Credits
Cast: Queen and guest Rock Stars

Details
Edition: 2-Disc Set

Notes;
Artist royalties and label profits from the sale of The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert laserdisc will be donated to the Mercury Phoenix Trust to benefit AIDS charities.
Recorded LIVE in 1992.

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to Fassbinder for the last updates

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
News of the World [Vinyl]News of the World [Vinyl]
Collector's Edition
FONTANA HOLLYWOOD 2009
Vinyl$14.16
Queen The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert Laserdisc Brand New USD $59.95 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Queen: The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert by USD $9.80 Buy It Now 2 days
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert Queen DVD Concert Like New Disc USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDT 2DVD PAL IMP QUEEN NEW! USD $22.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Queen The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert DVD (2002) 2-Disc Set Live Concert USD $12.92 Buy It Now 7 days
THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT: QUEEN + VARIOUS ARTISTS (1992) NEW DVD USD $16.38 Buy It Now 7 days
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert: Queen + Various Artists DVM USD $15.44 Buy It Now 10 days
Queen: The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert DVD, John Deacon, Brian May, Roger Ta USD $38.42 Buy It Now 10 days
QUEEN The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert 2 Disc - Laserdisc Complete USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Queen & Guests - The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert (sd Blu-ray) NEW Blu-Ray USD $16.91 Buy It Now 12 days
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert (DVD, 2002, 2-Disc Set) Queen USD $14.69 Buy It Now 14 days
3 DVD SET QUEEN + THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT SEALED NEW LIVE USD $28.12 Buy It Now 15 days
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert (VHS, 1993) Def Leppard Metallica Queen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 16 days
The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert: Queen + Various Artists = NEW DVM-Music USD $18.15 Buy It Now 17 days
QUEEN+ FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT BLU-RAY DISC USD $10.80 Buy It Now 20 days
THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT: QUEEN + VARIOUS ARTISTS New Music DVM R0 = USD $20.33 Buy It Now 20 days
FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT Queen+ DVD New! SEALED USD $29.98 Buy It Now 22 days
VHS: FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT AIDS......QUEEN-ELTON JOHN-AXEL ROSE USD $6.77 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(38%)

QUEEN The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars I saw this concert because one cousin recorded the full T.V. broadcast in a videocassette in 1992 . It was a good concert, IMO, but some of the singers were not chosen very well. For example, Liza Minnelli is a very good singer, but I can`t see a reason to include her to sing songs like "We are the Champions" other than Freddie Mercury was a fan of her. She really looked out of place there.

The best choices as singers, IMO were Elton John, who sang "The Show Must Go On", and George Michael, the best of all the singers in this concert. He really could have been a very good substitute as new lead singer for Queen. In those years, there were rumours about him joining Queen for a tour. He also released an E.P. C.D. with the songs he sang with Queen in this concert. Maybe he had the right voice for Queen, but maybe not the same creative qualities as composer like Freddie Mercury to be a new member of Queen.

This concert really showed, IMO, how hard was/is for Queen to find a real substitute for Freddie Mercury as singer. He was a very good musician, and he was/is very hard to replace in Queen.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#74928) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 14, 2006

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This is a very moving tribute to legendary Freddie Mercury, one of the most revered adored frontman in rock history. His impact on the industry is such that an enormous amount of artists contributed to this amazing concert. It starts with a raucous version of I Want It All featuring Roger Daltrey who gives it everything. The next song of note is Stone Cold Crazy with Mr Metallica James Hetfield, and of course its a moment to savour as te band had made it their own practically. Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Robert Plant is a crowd pleaser and its great to see him on the big stage again. Perhaps one of the most powerful emotional performances is by Brian May with the ironic Too Much Love Will Kill You.

I think Radio Ga Ga sounded great by Paul Young but I could have done without Who Wants to Live Forever by Sea. I Want to Break Free is marvellous by Lisa Stansfield and a highlight is Under Pressure with David Bowie and Annie Lennox. They are absolutely dynamic together and it is a classic performance worth checking out. Bowie looks splendiferous in powder blue suit and Lennox is a sight in funereal Black dress and mask like makeup. The crowd sing a lot of the ad libs and seem to be having a blast.

All the Young Dudes with David Bowie, Ian Hunter, Mick Ronson is a curio that seems to work. Heroes featuring Bowie and Ronson is very good too. Once the mini Bowie concert is over we get back to Queen with ) George Michael and Lisa Stanfield singing These Are the Days of Our Lives. Somebody to Love is by George Michael and the awesome Bohemian Rhapsody is deftly handled by Elton John and Axl Rose; a genuine show stopper. Elton in fiery red suit handles the first part and is helped by the enthusiastic crowd, and Brian May is stunning on guitar. The opera section is just the original screened on the large screen. Axl comes in on the heavy metal part as expected, the stage literally explodes, and he is a formidable presence burning up the stage. He wears a number 22 guernsey and black leather skirt. Elton and Axl finish the song arm in arm and the crowd are on their feet. The Show Must Go On continues with Elton John, and Axl returns for We Will Rock You. A low point for me is We Are the Champions with Liza Minnelli looking like a fish out of water but the end of the concert is a mini concert by Metallica with Enter Sandman, Sad But True, and Nothing Else Matters. Extreme do a rendition of a Queen Medley and Def Leppard belt out Now I'm Here.

It was a one night stand to remember. Not perfect, but this is defintely one to check out to see these rock legends pay tribute to Freddie Mercury.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#533519) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 26, 2011

4 stars The best send of any body could ever want. Freddie Mercury one of the best singers, songwriters and showman of all time. It is one of the bigest most watched concerts. The concert was in Wembley Stadium and was viewed by bimmilons of people on the television. The singers were amazing such as R ... (read more)

Report this review (#82531) | Posted by Ciaran K. | Monday, July 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Queen was and will be one of the greatest band in the all history of music.This live concert is the proof that their music will live forever.Some great musicians here and one of the greatest concerts I ever saw.This of course is not really in the prog genre(but sometimes it is maybe important to ... (read more)

Report this review (#80385) | Posted by petrica | Monday, June 05, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Watch this video for Gary Cherone. Not being a fan of Extreme I was surprised that he was far and away the very best singer to participate. I always liked Freddy but really didn't know how great he was until seeing all those other stars trying to do his stuff. Cherone was the only one who did ... (read more)

Report this review (#79793) | Posted by | Tuesday, May 30, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert"