I QUELLI (PRE PFM):

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Dici (Dizzy by Tommy Roe)
2. Maril¨
3. Nuvole Gialle
4. Lacrime E Pioggia (Rain And Tears by Aphrodite's Child)
5. Mi Sentivo Strano
6. Tornare Bambino (Hole In My Shoe by Traffic)
7. Pensieri
8. Sigillato Con Un Bacio
9.Hush (Hush by Joe South, Deep Purple)
10. 15 Anni
11. Hip Hip HurrÓ (1-2-3 Red Light by 1910 Fruitgum Co.)
12. Questa CittÓ Senza Te (Even The Bad Times Are Good by Tremeloes)

Search PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): lyrics

- Tony Gesualdi / bass
- Teo Teocoli / voice
- Alberto Radius / guitar, voice
- Giorgio Piazza / bass

LP DISCHI RICORDI SMRP 9053 (Italy, July 1969)
LP DISCHI RICORDI ORL 8185 (Italy, February 1978)
CD DISCHI RICORDI OR 8185 (Italy,199?)

For more "I QUELLI" info, please visit:
www.pfmpfm.it
www.sezionemusica.it (various sections)

Thanks to NELMOMEDELPROG for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): Music

L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD, Jul-1998, BMG... US $5.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM Cook P.F.M. MA6-502S1 Vinyl LP Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM NM- Numero Uno Prog LP Italy US $49.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM - Photos Of Ghosts JAPAN LP w/OBI and LYRIC SHEET US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1975 - PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - Cook - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.20 Buy It Now 2 days
LP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM "Celebration" NUMERO 1 ZNLN 33036 Made in Italy US $16.89 Buy It Now 2 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - PHOTOS OF GHOSTS - US MANTICORE - 1ST ED - EX- US $12.99 [0 bids]
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM The World Became the World "Manticore Label" LP NM US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi ? (PFM)- Celebration 1972-2012 - 3CD BOXSET *NEW* US $25.34 Buy It Now 3 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Miss Baker CD with OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - PHOTOS OF GHOSTS - NEW US $28.89 Buy It Now 7 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI / PFM - THE WORLD BECAME THE WORLD - NEW US $28.89 Buy It Now 7 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm CD US $31.83 Buy It Now 7 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm Da Mozart A Celebration In Classic JPN CD US $67.31 Buy It Now 7 days
Jet Lag by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Mar-2010, Manticore) US $15.01 Buy It Now 12 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI - PFM DA MOZART A CELEBRATION IN CLASSIC NEW CD US $81.16 Buy It Now 13 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM vinyl lp PHOTOS OF GHOSTS US $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Suonare Suonare by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD, Jul-1998, BMG... US $11.85 Buy It Now 15 days
L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Jun-2014) US $34.04 Buy It Now 15 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM - RIVER OF LIFE MANTICORE ANTHOLOGY 73-77 SLD 2-CD US $27.95 Buy It Now 15 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) - Come Ti Va In Ziva Alla Citta - (Italian CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi(PFM) "Photos of Ghosts" Psych EX Manticore MC 66668 US $25.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM? PFM! JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT BVCM-37701 US $24.99 Buy It Now 17 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Photos of Ghosts JP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM OBI LP F5818 US $79.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM - Photos of Ghosts LP Orig US Gatefold PROG US $16.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm Da Mozart A Celebration In Classic [CD New] US $67.30 Buy It Now 20 days
L'Isola di Niente by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD, Jul-1998, BMG... US $10.68 Buy It Now 21 days
Come Ti Va in Riva Alla Citta by Premiata Forneria Marconi, PFM (CD,... US $10.50 Buy It Now 21 days
Jet Lag by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Mar-2010, Manticore) US $18.68 Buy It Now 21 days
PFM: Celebration 1972-2012 by Premiata Forneria Marconi/PFM (CD, Oct-2012, 3... US $25.86 Buy It Now 21 days
PFM PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM? PFM! CD JEWEL CASE OBI US $10.79 Buy It Now 21 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM P.F.M. Cook vinyl LP EX 1974 LIVE Manticore US $23.95 Buy It Now 22 days
CD* Storia Di Un Minuto - PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) *** IMPORT *** US $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Jet Lag 1977 Japan Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM LP d8950 US $59.99 Buy It Now 24 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Cook 1974 JP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM OBI LP d8962 US $119.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi - Pfm [CD New] US $24.95 Buy It Now 25 days
Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM JET LAG German Import Prog LP NM US $14.95 Buy It Now 26 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI - PFM - PER UN AMICO RARE CD ALBUM IMPORT PROG ROCK US $22.65 Buy It Now 26 days
P.F.M. "NM WAX" Photos of Ghosts 1973 JP Premiata Forneria Marconi PFM LP E1982 US $49.99 Buy It Now 27 days
PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI PFM Photos Of Ghosts MANTICORE LP Germany 1A/1B US $14.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) music online Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): ratings distribution

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Lots of songs from this album were released on singles and are quite forgettable to say the least. I guess that the worst has been achieved with "Tornare bambino" (a silly cover from Traffic).

Early (but genuine) debut from some prog giants were average. But to include this work into the "PFM" discography is a big mistake IMHHO. If ever this work has to be include into the archive, it should sit under the "I Quelli" umbrella. But I seriously doubt that someone can find any relation with prog here. Nor proto. Nor anything, but weak.

Only a few covers are worth. One of the best is "Lacrime e pioggia" from the greek band "Aphrodite's Child". A fantastic pop song with an incredible melody.

The best one is a cover of a cover. A faithful rendition of the great Purple one: "Hush". What was the purpose???

Yours truly has listened to this "work" with a lot of patience and will try to get it out of the "PFM" discography as soon as possible. Once this achievement being reached, I will delete some lines from this review.

I can only recommend to avoid this work as the pleague. One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#243355) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
3 stars From I Quelli to the Revelation

I have always felt there's a lot in common between GENESIS and PFM, starting with that Symphonic Pastoral style so unique in the Italians but also in the first two GENESIS albums, but after listening I Quelli, I'm more convinced of this similarities. As in the case of the Charterhouse School band, three classic era PFM members were in the Italian group (Mussida, Di Cioccho and Piazza) and like in From Genesis to the Revelation, the I QUELLI album is a collection of short simpler songs with a clear Psychedelic influence and 60's melodic music, where hints of their future magic can be heard.

Of course I will never try to compare this cute album with masterpieces as Per Un Amico or Historia Di Un Minuto, but I like it, there's naive charm with no pretensions that captured me from the start, but most important we can listen some very clever instrumental arrangements and nice vocals by Di Cioccio.

I won't try to make a song by song review because the music there's not much to comment, except in a couple of tracks like the cover version of Rain and Tears by APHRODITE'S CHILD called Lacrime E Pioggia, which maintains the original spirit but a very unique sound that only an Italian band can add.

It's also interesting the "silly" cover of Hole in my Shoe by Traffic (Tornare Bambino), soft, melodic and with a very beautiful vocal work and nice sitar. Of course there are weaker songs like Hush (Cover from Deep Purple), that really demonstrates us that they were born to be an Italian Symphonic band and not a Heavy Prog one.

From their original material I was impressed by the dramatic and elaborate Nuvole Gialle, that has really spectacular moments and the romantic Sigillato Con Un Bacio, which was poorly covered in Spanish by a Peruvian band that hated when I was a child but really loved with the excellent arrangements and the orchestral passages of I QUELLI.

To summarize: Don't expect a Prog or a really complex Psychedelic album, it's a cute collection of songs with ups and downs that deserves to be listened as part of the history of the most recognizes Italian Prog band, just as in the case as From Genesis to the Revelation.

The rating is only an anecdote in this case, but I won't go with less than three stars.

PS: The version I bought has 23 tracks, but as usual, I base my rating in the original release.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#1005052) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 24, 2013

3 stars The record "I Quelli" is an album of a band that later becomes the marvelous Premiata Forneria Marconi. It was released back in the happy psychadelic sixties, 1969 and we se a cover with five members in a frame of red and black. And it features at least two musicians from later PFM: Franz di C ... (read more)

Report this review (#1106161) | Posted by Dr÷mmarenAdrian | Friday, January 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars REALLY: 4,87 (ESSENTIAL!!! The masterpiece of Prog Music!!! ESSENTIAL IN EVERY DISCOGRAPHY!!!) It knows I give so high vow to this album? Why in the stage Italian Beat I Quelli are the band more Prog! Not only because this is the first unit of PFM (Franz Di Cioccio, Franco Mussida e Giorgio ... (read more)

Report this review (#67076) | Posted by | Friday, January 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) "I Quelli (pre PFM):"