I QUELLI (PRE PFM):

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Dici (Dizzy by Tommy Roe)
2. Maril¨
3. Nuvole Gialle
4. Lacrime E Pioggia (Rain And Tears by Aphrodite's Child)
5. Mi Sentivo Strano
6. Tornare Bambino (Hole In My Shoe by Traffic)
7. Pensieri
8. Sigillato Con Un Bacio
9.Hush (Hush by Joe South, Deep Purple)
10. 15 Anni
11. Hip Hip HurrÓ (1-2-3 Red Light by 1910 Fruitgum Co.)
12. Questa CittÓ Senza Te (Even The Bad Times Are Good by Tremeloes)

Search PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): lyrics

- Tony Gesualdi / bass
- Teo Teocoli / voice
- Alberto Radius / guitar, voice
- Giorgio Piazza / bass

LP DISCHI RICORDI SMRP 9053 (Italy, July 1969)
LP DISCHI RICORDI ORL 8185 (Italy, February 1978)
CD DISCHI RICORDI OR 8185 (Italy,199?)

For more "I QUELLI" info, please visit:
www.pfmpfm.it
www.sezionemusica.it (various sections)

Thanks to NELMOMEDELPROG for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Per Un AmicoPer Un Amico
Storia Di Un MinutoStoria Di Un Minuto
Sony/Bmg Italy 2005
L'isola Di NienteL'isola Di Niente
Sony Bmg/RCA 1998
Photos of GhostsPhotos of Ghosts
Live in RomaLive in Roma
Aerostella 2012
Paper Charms: Complete BBC Recordings 1974-76Paper Charms: Complete BBC Recordings 1974-76
Imports 2014
PasspartuPasspartu
jet lag LPjet lag LP
ASYLUM
Vinyl$1.66 (used)

More places to buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) music online Buy PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): ratings distribution

PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) I Quelli (pre PFM): reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Lots of songs from this album were released on singles and are quite forgettable to say the least. I guess that the worst has been achieved with "Tornare bambino" (a silly cover from Traffic).

Early (but genuine) debut from some prog giants were average. But to include this work into the "PFM" discography is a big mistake IMHHO. If ever this work has to be include into the archive, it should sit under the "I Quelli" umbrella. But I seriously doubt that someone can find any relation with prog here. Nor proto. Nor anything, but weak.

Only a few covers are worth. One of the best is "Lacrime e pioggia" from the greek band "Aphrodite's Child". A fantastic pop song with an incredible melody.

The best one is a cover of a cover. A faithful rendition of the great Purple one: "Hush". What was the purpose???

Yours truly has listened to this "work" with a lot of patience and will try to get it out of the "PFM" discography as soon as possible. Once this achievement being reached, I will delete some lines from this review.

I can only recommend to avoid this work as the pleague. One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#243355) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
3 stars From I Quelli to the Revelation

I have always felt there's a lot in common between GENESIS and PFM, starting with that Symphonic Pastoral style so unique in the Italians but also in the first two GENESIS albums, but after listening I Quelli, I'm more convinced of this similarities. As in the case of the Charterhouse School band, three classic era PFM members were in the Italian group (Mussida, Di Cioccho and Piazza) and like in From Genesis to the Revelation, the I QUELLI album is a collection of short simpler songs with a clear Psychedelic influence and 60's melodic music, where hints of their future magic can be heard.

Of course I will never try to compare this cute album with masterpieces as Per Un Amico or Historia Di Un Minuto, but I like it, there's naive charm with no pretensions that captured me from the start, but most important we can listen some very clever instrumental arrangements and nice vocals by Di Cioccio.

I won't try to make a song by song review because the music there's not much to comment, except in a couple of tracks like the cover version of Rain and Tears by APHRODITE'S CHILD called Lacrime E Pioggia, which maintains the original spirit but a very unique sound that only an Italian band can add.

It's also interesting the "silly" cover of Hole in my Shoe by Traffic (Tornare Bambino), soft, melodic and with a very beautiful vocal work and nice sitar. Of course there are weaker songs like Hush (Cover from Deep Purple), that really demonstrates us that they were born to be an Italian Symphonic band and not a Heavy Prog one.

From their original material I was impressed by the dramatic and elaborate Nuvole Gialle, that has really spectacular moments and the romantic Sigillato Con Un Bacio, which was poorly covered in Spanish by a Peruvian band that hated when I was a child but really loved with the excellent arrangements and the orchestral passages of I QUELLI.

To summarize: Don't expect a Prog or a really complex Psychedelic album, it's a cute collection of songs with ups and downs that deserves to be listened as part of the history of the most recognizes Italian Prog band, just as in the case as From Genesis to the Revelation.

The rating is only an anecdote in this case, but I won't go with less than three stars.

PS: The version I bought has 23 tracks, but as usual, I base my rating in the original release.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#1005052) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 24, 2013

3 stars The record "I Quelli" is an album of a band that later becomes the marvelous Premiata Forneria Marconi. It was released back in the happy psychadelic sixties, 1969 and we se a cover with five members in a frame of red and black. And it features at least two musicians from later PFM: Franz di C ... (read more)

Report this review (#1106161) | Posted by Dr÷mmarenAdrian | Friday, January 03, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars REALLY: 4,87 (ESSENTIAL!!! The masterpiece of Prog Music!!! ESSENTIAL IN EVERY DISCOGRAPHY!!!) It knows I give so high vow to this album? Why in the stage Italian Beat I Quelli are the band more Prog! Not only because this is the first unit of PFM (Franz Di Cioccio, Franco Mussida e Giorgio ... (read more)

Report this review (#67076) | Posted by | Friday, January 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI (PFM) "I Quelli (pre PFM):"