CALL DOWN THE MOON

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Man Call Down The Moon album cover

Buy MAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Call Down the Moon (9:27)
2. If I Were You (7:33)
3. Dream Away (6:07)
4. Blackout (5:30)
5. The Man with X-Ray Eyes (7:08)
6. Heaven and Hell (8:10)
7. The Girl Is Trouble (4:03)
8. Drivin' Around (12:22)
9. Burn My Workin' Clothes (3:00)

Search MAN Call Down The Moon lyrics

Search MAN Call Down The Moon tabs

- Micky Jones / guitars, vocals
- Deke Leonard / keyboards, guitars, vocals
- Martin Ace / bass, vocals
- John Weathers / drums, guitar, vocals

CD Hypertension-Music 200154 (1995)
CD Griffin Music 480 91995)
CD Point [Voiceprint] 116 (2004)

MAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAN Call Down The Moon Music

PRINCE BUSTER GUN THE MAN DOWN BY THE TREE IN THE MEADOW US $55.00 Buy It Now 29m 44s
PETE TOWNSHEND - IRON MAN THE MUSICAL (Cassette, 1988, ATLANTIC) US $4.50 [0 bids]
30m 30s
SPIDER-MAN Cd Mini Disc Mary Jane NEW in Cover! US $1.99 [0 bids]
30m 37s
6) USED BROOKS AND DUNN CD'S: TAILGATE PARTY, HARD WORKING MAN,GREATEST,SUPER HI US $7.99 Buy It Now 30m 40s
FIVE MAN ELECTRICAL BAND -- Sealed LP! US $19.99 Buy It Now 31m 38s
MAN ON FIRE OST LP JOHN SCOTT SEALED ORIG US $14.99 Buy It Now 31m 43s
Ellie Marshall With Christmas - Womb Man - 1989 Jenny 7 Inch Vinyl Records NEW US $3.99 Buy It Now 32m 37s
HEAR Billy Lee Riley 45 Valley Of Dolls/Lonely Man MOJO 3611 rockabilly garage M US $14.00 Buy It Now 32m 54s
JOHNNY CASH - THE MAN IN BLACK: DEFINITIVE COLLECTION - NEW CD US $10.58 Buy It Now 32m 58s
THREE DOG NIGHT " ONE MAN BAND " CAPITOL 1971 - Garage, Funk - MEXICAN EP 7'' US $19.90 Buy It Now 33m 5s
Fats Domino - The Legendary Music Man Fats Domino - Double Vinyl LP US $4.95 [0 bids]
33m 6s
WILLIAM BELL 45 Every Man Oughta Have a Woman STAX Soul #B60 US $13.00 Buy It Now 34m 35s
HADE & DWFL The Healthiest Man In Chicago LP NEW VINYL Melting Pot Ampersand DJ US $21.99 Buy It Now 34m 42s
NICKIE LEE ((HEAR))"THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF MAN" & "LATE SHADOWS" US $8.00 [0 bids]
35m 11s
VICKI FARRELL ((HEAR))"WON'T YOU COME AND SEE THE MAN" & "I SEE HIM" US $6.00 [0 bids]
35m 55s
JAMES TAYLOR ~ Handy Man / Bartender's Blues ~ COLUMBIA 7" vinyl 45 US $5.40 Buy It Now 35m 59s
Papa John Creach "I'm The Fiddle Man" LP US $12.88 Buy It Now 36m 5s
SUNBURNED HAND OF THE MAN FIRE ESCAPE 2XLP NEW FOUR TET US $22.99 Buy It Now 36m 34s
Sizzla and Beenie Man DJ/Toasting Reggae Live Plus More! +1FREE CD US $2.50 [0 bids]
37m 6s
A Man And A Woman Un Homme Et Une Femme OST S21019 In Shrink US $7.96 Buy It Now 37m 8s
Der Moderne Man - Unmodern Plus NEW CD US $18.63 Buy It Now 37m 55s
LOS POP TOPS - THE VOICE OF THE DYING MAN - CALLA 45 US $9.95 Buy It Now 38m 8s
NEIL YOUNG - HEART OF GOLD / OLD MAN 7" 45 RPM EXCELLENT US $10.00 Buy It Now 38m 32s
Pere Ubu-Pere Ubu - One Man Drives While The O... CD NEW US $13.66 Buy It Now 39m 36s
HURT,MISSISSIPPI JOHN-Candy Man Blues VINYL LP NEW US $29.30 Buy It Now 40m 28s
Chic Street Man-Everybody Be Yo`Self CD NEW US $18.11 Buy It Now 40m 39s
MIKEY MELODY MAJESTY HEALING 7th HiGH (man next door)? US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 41s
Lavel-A Changed Man CD NEW US $9.88 Buy It Now 40m 41s
Chic Street Man-Beau-ti-ful CD NEW US $18.11 Buy It Now 40m 42s
Linda Ronstadt 45 "Poor Poor Pitiful Me"/"Simple Man, Simple Dream" Record US $0.99 Buy It Now 41m 5s
The Kingston Trio - "Cool Cargo" from Seven-Up-Tom Dooley/A Worried Man-The Hunt US $0.99 [0 bids]
41m 35s
Bobby Bland Sittin' On A Poor Man's Throne, 1977 Blues 7" 45 Single US $5.00 [0 bids]
41m 41s
Bobby Bland, The Soul Of A Man & If I Weren't A Gambler 1977 ABC Blues 7" 45 US $5.00 [0 bids]
42m 6s
Monkees' Someday man colgems 5004 with picture sleeve US $29.99 [0 bids]
42m 36s
Clay Aiken (measure of a man) CD new in plastic still. No reserve US $1.99 [0 bids]
42m 37s
Shampale Cartier - I Got A Man (Part 2) 12" US $10.14 Buy It Now 42m 47s
BUDDY JONES: "louisiana's Honky Tonk Man, 1935-41" LP (gatefold cover, slight c US $20.00 Buy It Now 42m 54s
Shabba D - Here Comes The Mic Man 12" (Shaba) US $10.14 Buy It Now 43m 10s
Out of Season by Rustin Man/Beth Gibbons CD Portishead US $2.99 [0 bids]
43m 24s
DEXTER GORDON: Our Man In Paris LP (reissue) Jazz US $20.00 Buy It Now 43m 45s
Jones Girls I Just Love The Man & When I'm Gone 1980 Philadelphia Int 7" 45 RPM US $5.00 [0 bids]
43m 46s
BILLY JOE ROYAL I'VE GOT TO BE SOMEBODY/YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A MAN COLUMBIA 45 US $4.98 Buy It Now 44m 5s
Barbara Mason, Woman and Man & Who Will You Hurt Next, 1972 Buddah Soul 7" US $5.00 [0 bids]
44m 35s
G.L. Crockett It's a Man Down Here 4 brothers 445 Northern Soul/Doo-Wop US $6.99 [0 bids]
44m 49s
Chuck walker undivided man northern soul 20th century promo 2013 US $6.99 [0 bids]
Arnett Cobb The wild man from Texas home cooking 114 blues lp US $9.99 [0 bids]
sarah Dash sinner man Northern Soul/R&B US $6.99 [0 bids]
44m 50s
Big Jack Johnson The Oil Man LP Earwig 4910 w Frank Frost Blues NM Walter Roy US $24.99 [0 bids]
45m 2s
THE FIVE MAN ELECTRICAL BAND Original NEAR MINT Canadian Psych Rock 60s LP Rare US $39.99 Buy It Now 45m 26s
THE BEE GEES- EVERY CHRISTIAN LION HEARTED MAN WILL SHOW YOU/ HOLIDAY 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 47m 9s
MINT Spider-Man: Music From And Inspired By - Original Soundtrack (CD, Apr-2002) US $4.99 Buy It Now 47m 15s
Gino Vannelli, 45 rpm single, Shape Me Like A Man, Wild Horses, rare, NEW US $1.50 [0 bids]
47m 18s
Demolition Man-1993-Score E. Goldenthal-Soundtrack CD US $45.09 Buy It Now 48m 29s
BARRY WHITE ... 33rpm LP ... "The Man" US $3.99 [0 bids]
48m 56s
SOUL MAN - THE BEST OF SOUL MUSIC - CD GREAT!! Digital US $5.95 Buy It Now 50m 23s
Deke Leonard( From Man) 45 on United Artists "Diamond Road" US $25.00 Buy It Now 50m 38s
Luther Allison - Soul Fixin Man [CD New] US $15.64 Buy It Now 51m 1s
PETULA CLARK - The Cat In The Window / Fancy Dancin' Man - 1967 PROMO VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 51m 42s
THE OSMONDS- WORKING MAN'S BLUES/ I THINK ABOUT YOUR LOVIN' 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 53m
BARBARA STREISAND - "MY MAN-WHERE IS THE WONDER" 45 RPM VINYL SINGLE 7" rock US $0.99 [0 bids]
53m 3s
Tom Russell - Man From God Knows Where [CD New] US $12.08 Buy It Now 53m 9s
Debbie Harry, 45 rpm, 7 " U.S. single, "I Want That Man", PS, NM vinyl, Blondie US $3.95 [0 bids]
54m 32s
Petar Dundov - Heat - Music Man - 2004 #272837 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 19s
Sterac Electronics - Night Heat - Music Man #165950 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 22s
The Pot - Crazy Man - Rise - 2005 #169150 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 23s
Digital Disco - Ain't No Other Man - White #270967 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 24s
Mansun - Electric Man/I Can Only (Perfecto) #52952 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 31s
Sixteen Million Dollar Man - Pink Yo Black - UTC #58597 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 31s
Black-Ty Feat. Method Man - Get It In J Records #205757 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 33s
Shernette May - All The Man (Ramsey & Fen) #19944 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 38s
Blue Man Group - The Current (Remixes) - Lava #113083 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 43s
The Dance Depot - Man Size Love - White - 2005 #166795 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 45s
Jersey Street Allstars - Blessed Is The Man EP #163298 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 48s
Cj Gee - Don't Want No Short Dick Man - Rise #193406 US $6.47 Buy It Now 55m 59s
MINT SEALED IN SHRINK ORIGINAL ALEX HASSILEV "Man Of The World" STEREO FOLK LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 56m 5s
ALPHONSE MOUZON "The Man Incognito" BLUE NOTE LP BN-LA584-G VG+ / VG++ US $6.99 [0 bids]
56m 14s
Original 45, Jimmy Jones, Handy Man and The Search is Over US $4.00 [0 bids]
56m 24s
THE MONTCLAIRS - MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME / HOW CAN ONE MAN LIVE (45) BRAND NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 56m 24s
THE BEATLES / I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND (1963) 7" E.P french I WANNA BE YOUR MAN US $16.49 [0 bids]
59m
Dread Sovereign - Pray to the Devil in Man CD 2013 digi doom Van Records US $16.95 Buy It Now 59m 7s
STEVE PARKIN Sandytown CD Vacuum Man Golfball On Moon Sandy 11 trks USED US $6.85 Buy It Now 59m 13s
FIVE MAN ELECTRICAL BAND Werewolf 1974 NM dj PROMO Polydor 14221 LISTEN US $4.50 Buy It Now 59m 32s
Nr Mint ! Doug Kershaw LP The Best of the Louisiana Man, OP-1535, 1984 US $4.00 [0 bids]
1h
1940'S 10" 78 RPM RECORD BETWEEN THE DEVIL & THE DEEPBLUE SEA/OL' MAN MOSE US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
A Man and a Woman: Sax at the Movies by Jazz at the Movies Band (CD,... US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h
ELP FIRST ALBUM LUCKY MAN US $4.99 [0 bids]
FIVE MAN ELECTRICAL BAND US $6.99 [0 bids]
SAM THE MAN TAYLOR IN THE MOOD FOR SAX CHEESECAKE COVER US $5.99 [0 bids]
Bleed The Man - Ashes From The Past NEW CD Digi US $18.63 Buy It Now 1h
CHRIS LeDOUX SINGS WESTERN COUNTRY LUCKY MAN NR9175 LP NM IN SHRINK US $24.99 [7 bids]
Portugal. The Man - American Ghetto LP NEW US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h
Elison Jackson - Do Not Fear To Kill A Dead Man - U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h
Eartha Kitt "Where Is My Man" 1983 Streetwise 12" Single US $5.99 [0 bids]
ABBA SOS MAN IN THE MIDDLE 45 ATLANTIC RECORDS 1970-S ROCK EXCELLENT US $2.99 [0 bids]
Iron Man - South Of The Earth NEW CD US $15.52 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Begrime Exemious - Impending Funeral Of Man NEW CD US $21.24 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Watchmaker - Erased From The Memory Of Man NEW CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Al Hirt Honey in the Horn Our Man New Orleans CD 2-Album Swing Jazz Pop Instro US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Soul Of Man - Dirty Waltzer / Get It Girls 12" US $10.14 Buy It Now 1h 4m
RARE sci-fi comic on vinyl LP record, The First Man in the Moon, Bell Records!!! US $5.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy MAN music online Buy MAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAN Call Down The Moon ratings distribution

MAN Call Down The Moon reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars Since reforming in 1983, studio releases from the Welsh combo have been a bit thin on the ground having only released four to date. This one, "Call Down the Moon", is the second and was recorded in 1994. Having said that, even in their seventies heyday man were more about the live experience with their extended Psychedelic/Prog jams and have far more live than studio releases to their name.

Man used to be the UK equivalent to the American west coast Jam Bands like the Grateful Dead and The Quicksilver Messenger Service. However this and all post seventies releases have a more mainstream Rock, occasionaly Bluesy style.

Having said that, when I first bought this album and slipped it into my cd player I was pleasantly surprised by album opener and the tilte track "Call down the Moon". Were Man returning to their seventies style that I loved so much? Well kind of, but only for two tracks on the album, the other one being the twelve minute "Drivin' Around". If the whole album had been of similar quality to these two tracks I would have awarded it four stars. Both tracks have great Micky Jones vocals and the later has an extended Guitar workout between Micky and Deke Leonard.

"Dream away" is a fairly decent laid back Bluesy number and one of the better shorter songs. "Heaven and Hell" is also enjoyable with another Micky Jones vocal and clocks in at eight minutes (I nearly always enjoy Man best when they stretch out a bit).

Not that the rest of the album is bad, it's far from it, but just a bit unremarkable and album closer is a bit of a throwaway track with ex- Gentle Giant Drummer, John Weathers singing "Burn my Workin' clothes".

Overall perhaps their best post seventies studio release (although I'm yet to hear this years release "Diamonds and coal") but it would have been good to hear Deke play more Guitar than he appears to; around this time he took over Keyboard duties in the band. For me one of the highlights of the Man sound was the Guitar interplay between Deke and Micky and it would have been great to have more of it here.

Were I able to award half stars I would have given it three and half but as I can't it's a strong three.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#134649) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2007

Post a review of MAN "Call Down The Moon"