RAVENDUSK IN MY HEART

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Diabolical Masquerade Ravendusk In My Heart album cover

Buy DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Music
Studio Album, released in 1996

1. The Castle Of Blackheim (7:15)
2. Blackheim's Quest To Bring Back The Stolen Autumn (6:19)
3. Beyond The Spiritual Moon (0:57)
4. The Sphere In Blackheim's Shrine (3:34)
5. Under The Banner Of The Sentinel (3:16)
6. Blackheim's Forest Kept The Season Forever (6:11)
7. The Darkblue Seajourneys Of The Sentinel (5:04)
8. Blackheim's Hunt For Nocturnal Grace (7:48)
9. Ravendusk In My Heart (2:06)

Search DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart lyrics

Search DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart tabs

- Blackheim / electric and acoustic lead and rhythm guitars, bass guitar, drums and percussion, keyboards/fx and vocals
- Dan Swanö / Heavy Metal vocals (5)

CD Adipocere Records (1996)

Thanks to king16 for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart Music

Vinyl$24.98
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - PHANTOM LODGE NEW CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 10h 54m
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - NIGHTWORK - CDVILED161 US $14.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Diabolical Masquerade - Phantom Lodge [CD New] US $12.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Diabolical Masquerade-The Phantom Lodge (Digipack CD, 1997, Adipocere Records) US $3.00 [1 bids]
Diabolical Masquerade-Ravendusk In My Heart (CD, 1996, Adipocere Records) US $4.35 [3 bids]
Diabolical Masquerade-Nightwork ( Digipack CD, 1998, Avantgarde Music) US $3.00 [0 bids]
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - NIGHTWORK 1998 Avantgarde Katatonia Dan Swano Bloodbath US $0.99 [1 bids]
Diabolical Masquerade - Phantom Lodge CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE-DEATH'S DESIGN DIGI NEW&SEALED 1ST PRESS AVANTGARDE MUSIC US $16.99 [0 bids]
The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia (CD/Dvd) ALCEST DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Diabolical Masquerade - Deaths Design (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.51 Buy It Now 5 days
@ CD Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart ADIPOCERE 1996 ORG RARE METAL US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE-Ravendusk In My Heart CD NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 8 days
@ CD Diabolical Masquerade - The Phantom Lodge DIGI PACK ADIPOCERE 1997 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE "The phantom lodge"ORG cd Adipocere 97,Tartaros US $21.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Ravendusk in My Heart by Diabolical Masquerade (CD, Nov-2007, Peaceville... US $9.29 Buy It Now 11 days
Nightwork by Diabolical Masquerade US $9.27 Buy It Now 14 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE The Phantom CD digipak 1st Press 1997 ADIPOERE CD AR 039 US $29.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk in My Heart (2007) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.53 Buy It Now 16 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE "Ravendusk in my heart" ORG cd Adipocere 96,Tartaros US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 16 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Death's Design NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE "Ravendusk In My Heart" ORG 1st press RARE OOP!!! US $22.00 Buy It Now 17 days
The Phantom Lodge by Diabolical Masquerade (CD, Nov-2007, Peaceville Records... US $9.14 Buy It Now 17 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 17 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Death'S Design (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk (Music CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Phantom Lodge (Music CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork [Digipak] US $19.90 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Deaths Design (Music CD) US $19.90 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Ravendusk In My Heart (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 20 days
Diabolical Masquerade - The Phantom Lodge (NEW CD) US $15.32 Buy It Now 20 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - RAVENDUSK IN MY HEART NEW CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 20 days
CROMLECH The Vulture Tones ORG CD Digi Eucharist In Flames Diabolical Masquerade US $12.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 22 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 26 days
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork (2007) NEW/SEALED Digipak SPEEDYPOST US $9.22 Buy It Now 27 days
MORGUL Parody of the Mass CD 1998 Napalm Records Diabolical Masquerade Arcturus US $59.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Nightwork [Bonus Track] by Diabolical Masquerade (CD, Jan-2007, Peaceville... US $9.26 Buy It Now 28 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - DEATH`S DESIGN - CDVILED162 US $15.80 Buy It Now 29 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - THE PHANTOM LODGE - CDVILED160 US $15.61 Buy It Now 29 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - RAVENDUSK IN MY HEART - CDVILED159 US $15.47 Buy It Now 29 days
Used CD Death's Design Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Diabolical Masquerade US $7.50 Buy It Now 29 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart LP katatonia satyricon NM Blue Vinyl US $74.95 Buy It Now 29 days
DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE - NIGHTWORK CD Digipack Avantgarde Music US $11.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE music online Buy DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart ratings distribution

DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE Ravendusk In My Heart reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Ravendusk in My Heart" is is the debut full-length studio album by Swedish black metal act Diabolical Masquerade. The album was released in December 1996 by Adipocere Records.

Diabolical Masquerade is a one man project band featuring Anders Nyström (who appears here under the Blackheim name). Blackheim is the guitarist and co-founder of Swedish doom/metal legends Katatonia and more recently Blackheim and Katatonia vocalist Jonas Renkse has also been involved with death metal act Bloodbath which also features Dan Swanö (Edge of Sanity, Nightingale, Unicorn, etc...) and Mikael Åkerfelt (Opeth). Blackheim is definitely one of the most prolific Swedish metal artists in the last twenty years. While Katatonia drifted further and further away from extreme metal up through the nineties Blackheim still wanted to create extreme metal music and Diabolical Masquerade was for a period the vehicle for that ambition.

The music on "Ravendusk in My Heart" is melodic black metal with lots of traditional heavy metal elements. The tempo varies and ranges from blast beats to more slower paced parts. The vocals are mainly black metal rasps and they are delivered in a convincing manner. There are some additional goth type speaking in some of the tracks and also some more traditional heavy metal vocals in the song "Under The Banner Of The Sentinel". The vocals in "Under The Banner Of The Sentinel" are actually a nice break from the more traditional black metal rasps. The vocals sound almost like Rob Halford (Judas Priest). "Under The Banner Of The Sentinel" reminds me of a band like 3 Inches of Blood. The rest of the tracks are more in a similar black metal style but they are all very melodic and quite memorable too. There are lots of keyboard backing on all songs and that places "Ravendusk in My Heart" firmly in the symphonic black metal style (well... not as symphonic as Dimmu Borgir, but symphonic never the less).

Blackheim handles the instruments well but but I wish he would have hired a "real" drummer. The drums sound programmed to me and they are actually one of the few weak things on "Ravendusk in My Heart". They are very generic and I´m not sure I hear one fill anywhere (this is strongly exaggerated of course, but you get the point). The drums drag this album down a bit even though they are not a total distraction from the music.

The production is allright and listening to this again after a couple of years has made me appreciate it a bit more in fact. It´s not excellent but definitely not bad either.

"Ravendusk in My Heart" is all in all a pretty good album by Diabolical Masquerade and if you like your black metal with lots of traditional metal virtues and symphonic keyboards I find this album recommendable. A 3 - 3.5 star rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#170881) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Post a review of DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE "Ravendusk In My Heart"