OWNER OF A LONELY HEART (PROMO SINGLE)

Yes Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1983

Side A
1. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Long Version) (4:28)

Side B
2. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Short Version) (3:50)

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) lyrics

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass & vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Alan White / drums
- Trevor Rabin / guitars & vocals

12" vinyl: Atco Records PR 529 (1983)

Thanks to progaeopteryx for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
DramaDrama
Extra tracks · Remastered
Elektra / Wea 2004
YES - Self Titled Debut / Cassette Album Tape / 1st Issue UK 1969 / 972 US $16.19 Buy It Now 33m 16s
45RPM THE CLOVERS - CRAWLIN' / YES IT'S YOU Atlantic 989 Near Mint US $6.99 Buy It Now 41m 13s
Yes - BBC Sessions - Czech Republic Import CD Rare Not Promo Rick Wakeman US $9.99 [0 bids]
48m 12s
PET SHOP BOYS - YES ??? ? ??? BRAND NEW ?????? CD ????? US $10.50 Buy It Now 50m 9s
Yes Tormato Original SEALED LP 1978 Atlantic SD 19202 Prog US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m 13s
Jason Mraz - Yes! (CD 2014) 14 tracks Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [0 bids]
54m 20s
7"-Single BACCARA - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie (1977) GERMANY PS US $7.99 Buy It Now 54m 21s
Yes - Heaven & Earth (CD 2014) Prog Rock Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [0 bids]
1h
MISS LOU Yes M' Dear comedienne + LINTON KWESI JOHNSON, JA pressing GROUCHO mix US $34.48 [0 bids]
Yes Union Live (Limited 3 x Coloured Vinyl Hardcover Ediiton )Pre-order US $97.20 Buy It Now 1h 13m
45 R&B THE SENSATIONS Sympathy - Yes Sir That's My Baby NM EB526 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Queensryche ' Operation Mindcrime' Japan CD.Obi.CP32-5618.rush,dream theater,yes US $15.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (ost) - Eels New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.87 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Asia-Japan CD-35DP-1st Press-Geffen-CBS-Rare-Yes-ELP-Downes-Howe-Palmer-Wetton US $6.00 [4 bids]
PHIL RYAN & CRESCENTS = Yes I Will = MINT = COLUMBIA 7406 = Beat Pop Mersey Danc US $32.40 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Elvis Presley "Are You Lonesome To-night?" Dodie Stevens "Yes, I'm Lonesome Toni US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES - Close To The Edge - 1987 - CD - SD 19133-2 - UPC 0 7567-81532-2 8 - 3 Trks US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES - 90125 - 1984 - CD - 7 90125-2 - UPC 0 7567-90125-2 - 9 Tracks US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES - Union - 1991 - CD - ARCD-8643 - UPC 7822-18643-2 - 14 Tracks US $3.99 [0 bids]
PERFECT PUSSY - Say Yes To Love US $6.61 [2 bids]
Norma Jean Garrison 45 YES I DO / ..WRONG SIDE OF TOWN ~ VG teen rock pop US $4.09 Buy It Now 1h 51m
WILSON PICKETT 1-sided Atlantic DJ 7" 45 SHE SAID YES, soul promo US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Yes Relayer 8-track cassette with original box US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 54m
TUNE BROTHERS/THE GOOD GUYS/VARIOUS - Yes It's A House Session - mixed 2xCD US $32.39 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Yes Yessongs 8-track cassettes with original boxes and art US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m
YES-ULTIMATE YES:35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECT CD NEW US $24.23 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Nu Shooz Should I say yes?/Montecarlo Nite 7" vinyl picture sleeve Atlantic US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
THE CLOVERS YES IT'S YOU ON ATLANTIC VG+ 2ND PRESS US $9.50 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Yes : Highlights / Very Best of CD (2008) US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h
Bobby Lewis, Tossin' and Turnin'/Oh Yes, I Love You, Beltone 1002, R US $4.00 [1 bids]
LP music 3 vinyl records rock 70's 80's classic Yes Yessongs sd-3-100 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists Yes I Believe In God CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
YES 1981 Classic Yes 12" Vinyl ATLANTIC RECORD PROMOTIONAL COPY US $15.00 [0 bids]
FLASH S/T - SMAS-10040 - 1972 - PROG YES PETER BANKS TONY KAYE US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 14m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - OH YES YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL - GARY GLITTER - BELL1391 US $11.33 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Yes, Classic LP, SD 19320, 1982 on Atlantic, EX All Around US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 26m
BARBARA MASON -YES, I'M READY - ARCTIC ORIG - ST - Vg/vg++ SOUL VOCAL US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES *DJ COPY* "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Yes, 9012 Live*The Solos LP, 90474, 1985 on Atco US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 30m
RICK WAKEMAN - WAKEMAN WITH WAKEMAN CD .. YES - RWCD11 1992 ORIGINAL US $6.46 [0 bids]
Yes Indeed! * by Don Angle (CD, Jun-2004, Afka) US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
KEVIN AYERS Yes We Have No Mananas UK 1st press vinyl LP with inner A-1U B-1U US $24.29 Buy It Now 2h 38m
JON ANDERSON / YES TWO CLASSIC VINYL LP OFFER INC SONG OF SEVEN / THREE SHIPS*EX US $17.74 Buy It Now 2h 39m
YES ~ RELAYER ORIGINAL PORKY PECKO G/F with SLEEVE 1974 SD 18122 NM PROG LP US $29.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY KIRKBY Do I? Yes I Do 78 THE WINNER 3450 US $21.05 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Yes Close to the Edge and Highlights: Very Best of Yes 2cd lot prog progressive US $3.25 [0 bids]
CLASSIC YES CASSETTE TAPE US $0.99 [0 bids]
Soul 45 CHI-LITES Yes I'm Ready (If I Don't Get To Go) on Brunswick 8 US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
YES-DRAMA-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE-PROGRESSIVE ROCK-1980 US $14.00 Buy It Now 3h
YES Classic Yes Best Of 1970-77 CD Roundabout, I've Seen All Good People US $2.49 [0 bids]
3h
Al Stewart Last Days Of The Century SEALED 1st Press 1988 German Enigma CD Yes US $25.95 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Jethro Tull Roots to Branches SEALED 1997 USA CD Camel Caravan Camel Yes Genesis US $11.95 Buy It Now 3h 6m
N/SOUL.GERONIMO & APACHES.OH YES BABY I LOVE YOU SO.RARE U.S.ORIG 7".EX US $22.28 Buy It Now 3h 7m
AL PERKINS - Yes, My Goodness Yes - SOUL DANCE DJ 45 M- US $18.09 Buy It Now 3h 7m
YES-9012 LIVE THE SOLOS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD E25 US $22.50 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Pet Shop Boys : Yes, etc (2CDs) (2009) US $22.68 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Yes "Union" CD - AUTOGRAPHED by Tony Kaye, Alan White, Billy Sherwood - RARE US $19.99 [1 bids]
LOT OF 8 ROCK ALBUMS LP "YES" RECORDS US $9.99 [1 bids]
Soul 45 BARBARA MASON Yes, It's You on Buddah US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Carol Ventura TEEN 45 (Roulette #4396) Yes Sir, That's My Baby PROMO COPY US $3.12 Buy It Now 3h 16m
PAUL PERRYMAN: Yes I Do / Just For Your Call 45 rare Blues & R&B US $50.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Yes "90125" CD (2004)- Autographed by Tony Kaye, Alan White, Billy Sherwood US $19.99 [0 bids]
YES-9012LIVE-The SOLOS--(FACTORY SEALED LP) ATCO Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes "Big Generator" LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 22m
WEBB PIERCE "YES I KNOW WHY" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
YES usa 1983 Atco dj 7" 45 IT CAN HAPPEN 4:15 edit promo US $7.20 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Yes The Raven - Love Is Covered In Dust [CD New] US $17.23 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Teratism - Service For The Damned CD Yes, the wait is finally over! US $3.99 [0 bids]
Kenny Rogers Jr. yes - no / maybe JAPAN 1st press CD 29b2-123 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Valerie Mountain : Some People - Yes You Did : PYE : 7N.15450 US $4.52 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Beatles - 1964 - 45rpm - #5407 - Ticket to Ride & Yes It Is US $9.50 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Yes Drama LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Yes Wonderous Stories Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl US $113.40 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE - WE HAVE THE FACTS AND WE'RE VOTING YES - NEW CD US $10.94 Buy It Now 3h 50m
YES-THE BEST OF YES (1970-1987)-JAPAN CD C00 US $15.50 Buy It Now 3h 51m
ALAN WHITE, drummer of YES, solo 45 DJ copy OOOH BABY, rare promo US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
GENESIS - CASSETTE SPAIN 1981 - Progressive Rock no rush floyd yes US $4.35 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINE CD-ELP-YES-STYX-BAD COMPANY-HUMBLE PIE-THE TUBES-MAGNUM US $4.68 [3 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M REC. SP-3621 VG+ YES US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
YES, orig 1st press US LP, "DRAMA", EX/EX gatefold, Steve Howe, Chris Squire YES US $7.77 [0 bids]
YES usa 1983 Atco dj 7" 45 OWNER OF A BROKEN HEART w/PS, promo US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Yes Going For The One Lp Atlantic USA 1977 Tri-Folded Sleeve . Prog Classic Rock US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
King Crimson/Yes/Family/Love Sculpture/Village Marquee Club August 1969 Flyer US $194.42 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Yes The Millenium Collection 18 Tracks New Sealed Condition 2 CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINE CD-ROGER WATERS-YES-DAVID COVERDALE-THE NICE-21 GUNS-COC US $4.03 [0 bids]
Classic Yes 33 ep ROUNDABOUT / I'VE SEEN ALL GOOD... ~ Atlantic VG++ to M- rock US $5.00 [0 bids]
BOBBY LEWIS Oh Yes I Love You M- 45 RPM REISSUE US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
YES AMERICA 7" SINGLE CHEAP ATLANTIC GOLD SERIES US $4.84 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Rex Allen Jr. Yes We Have Love/Another Goodbye 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
YES - LIFT ME UP/GIVE & TAKE - 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
SMOKEY ROBINSON~YES IT'S YOU LADY~TAMLA~~ NORTHERN SOUL 45 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
YES YESTERDAYS LP 504 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Happy Mondays -- Yes Please CD US $1.29 [0 bids]
Yes,SEALED 2-CD,Yestory,Made in Germany US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Yes- Don't Kill The Whale - 7 Inch Single - 1978 US $1.62 [0 bids]
BINNIE HALE & BOBBY HOWES YES MADAM COLUMBIA DX626 12" RECORD US $4.03 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Yes!/Taste/Blossom Toes/Chicken Shack/Circus Marquee Club September 1969 Flyer US $202.53 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Alyson Williams - Yes We Can Can - U.S. PROMO 12" VINYL US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Fats Domino - Yes, My Darling US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) ratings distribution

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single) reviews

Review by Australian
2 stars This is another hidden vinyl I found hiding away in a cupboard some where, and I already had heard '90125' so I was not especially enthralled with it. This promo single has both a long and short version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart", the only difference being that the short version ends very soon after Trevor Rabin's guitar solo. The official version also came with a single version of our song. This single reached very high places around the world and it went to no. 1 in America and a respectable no. 28 in the UK. I must say that this EP doesn't especially stand out in my opinion and there is no real point getting it. But because of it's significance to Yes and prog in general I give it a border line two stars. Mind you this is an absolute gem for collectors. Collectors/fans only

Send comments to Australian (BETA) | Report this review (#85834) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 05, 2006

Review by progaardvark
1 stars This promo 12-inch single is only of interest to completionists or those of you trying to collect singles from prog bands that decided to make pop/dance music in the 1980s (although this had its origins with Cinema). Owner of a Lonely Heart performed quite well across the world on the Top 40 singles charts, making it to number 1 in the United States. They even made a rather dull and uninspired music video for this song that I believe was in fairly high rotation on MTV. I suspect this 12-inch single is quite rare nowadays. Basically an okay pop single, but poor as an entry for the progressive rock genre. One star.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#129923) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 23, 2007

Review by Chris S
3 stars ' Owner Of a Lonely Heart' off 90125 spelt 'traitors' from the main Yes fan base. Trevor Rabin's beginning with Yes went down like a soup sandwich. However this was agreat release from Yes. Musically a direction they had to take to survive with Jon Anderson repeatedley going AWOL and coming back just in time for the credits on the album sleeve. Cynicism aside JO and Trevor Rabin tolerated each other quite well lyrically and musically. OOALH is proof of that. A great single, a megabuck earner for the band and an interesting new ' Americanised' AOR sound.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#161606) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' - Yes (Single)

Despite the flak that the so-called 'commercial' Yes gets, this is actually a pretty great pop/rock track. While some may scream 'sell-out,' I think it was wise of them to go down a route like this. As the eighties rolled around, the mainstay of people really didn't care about progressive rock anymore; people were moving on to less demanding forms of music and discarding the epic suites of old for danceable tunes and non-threatening hooks. In this sense, Yes was 'progressing' and adapting their style in order to stay afloat.

While I have not heard much of the other 'pop' Yes, this song is both catchy and intelligent. While there obviously isn't alot of depth here, some quirky production techniques, a functional band performance and great vocals from Jon Anderson make this a welcome song for FM radio. The short version here isn't worth mentioning (why make a radio edit of a song that's already radio-length?) at all, so this is essentially a one track EP.

This is not the sort of song that has the replayability for more than a few listens at a time, so buyer beware. However, it's a good example why this band (like Genesis) didn't fall into obscurity at the turn of the decade.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#285598) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 08, 2010

1 stars I have a hard time coming up with anything of redeeming value in this release. When I first herad this tune on the radio, back in the day, I thought it was just awful. And, over the years, my opinion hasn't really changed. As a prog track, it is pitiful. As a pop-rock track it is just barely l ... (read more)

Report this review (#300878) | Posted by mohaveman | Wednesday, September 29, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Owner of a Lonely Heart (promo single)"