OWNER OF A LONELY HEART (EP)

Yes Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1983

Side A
1. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Special "red & blue" remix dance version) (7:50)

Side B
2. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Edited version) (3:50)
3. Our Song (LP Version) (4:16)

Note: The promo version side B only contains the LP version of Owner of a Lonely Heart timed at 4:28.

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) lyrics

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass guitars and vocals
- Trevor Rabin / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Alan White / drums, percussion, vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

12" vinyl: Atco Records 0-96976 (1983)
12" vinyl promo: Atco Records DMD 689 (1983)

The promo version has been known to have been issued in the 3-track version cover.

Thanks to progaeopteryx for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Going for the OneGoing for the One
Atlantic 2003
Yes by Morphine (CD, Mar-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $4.00 [0 bids]
30m 18s
RICK WAKEMAN Myths & Legends of King Arthur LP 1975 w/booklet Yes EX US $4.99 [0 bids]
30m 28s
Yes, Please by Fourplay (CD, Aug-2000, Warner Bros.) US $3.50 Buy It Now 35m 51s
SEALED Dolly Parton - I Believe - How Great Thou Art, Yes I see God, More US $3.99 [0 bids]
36m 26s
YES DRAMA 1980 USA GATEFOLD VINYL LP * NEAR MINT VINYL EXCELLENT SLEEVE ALBUM US $17.67 Buy It Now 39m 52s
LOT (36) 60s-70s POP/ROCK LP RECORDS Springsteen YES Outlaws ZZ TOP Boston ELO + US $32.00 [6 bids]
41m 3s
FRANK BOGGS He Died For Me / Yes God Is Real 78 REDEMPTION RECORDS RR1002 US $20.96 Buy It Now 41m 20s
PET SHOP BOYS - YES (LTD) NEW CD US $27.57 Buy It Now 44m 38s
Heaven & Earth by Yes, Format: Audio CD US $14.00 Buy It Now 45m 48s
Jack Vidgen - Yes I Am [CD New] US $18.83 Buy It Now 52m 48s
YES YESSHOWS bonus track JAPAN MINI LP 2 SHM CD US $41.80 Buy It Now 52m 51s
7" MEL SMITH "YES LOVE" RHYTHM & BLUES BELTER US $11.00 Buy It Now 53m 16s
Oh Yes We Can Love: A History Of Glam Rock [CD New] US $62.81 Buy It Now 53m 38s
YES DRAMA bonus tracks JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 53m 54s
YES FRAGILE CD JAPAN EARLY PRESS Out Of Press US $20.69 Buy It Now 54m 40s
YES TORMATO bonus tracks JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 56m 41s
YES 9012 LIVE THE SOLOS bonus track JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 57m 41s
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE [YES] [081227479725] - NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Just Say Anything: Volume V of Just Say Yes [PA] - V/A US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 2m
YES QUARTET / VARIOUS NEW CD US $13.85 Buy It Now 1h 3m
CRASS - YES SIR, I WILL - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.80 Buy It Now 1h 5m
YES CLASSIC VINYL LP & BONUS 45 1981 ATLANTIC RECORDS SD-19320 EX US $16.99 [0 bids]
THE POLYPHONIC SPREE - YES, IT'S TRUE - NEW CD US $15.85 Buy It Now 1h 8m
YES YESTERDAYS atlantic A1B1 UK Lp NEX US $12.89 Buy It Now 1h 8m
YES Classic Yes (Cassette) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep 1993, Island) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
JULIUS WECHTER & BAJA MARIMBA BAND: Brasilia / Yes Sir, That's My Baby 45 Easy US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Prog Rock Cd Lot (Camel, Gentle Giant, Yes, Steve Hillage, Wakeman) US $15.00 [1 bids]
Yes ~ Records ~ 7 Lot Lps ~ 12" ~ Includes import US $23.00 [0 bids]
YES CD HIGHLIGHTS VERY BEST OF RICK WAKEMAN TEVOR RABIN STEVE HOWE US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES - BIG GENERATOR NEW VINYL US $41.49 Buy It Now 1h 33m
YES-9012 LIVE THE SOLOS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD E25 US $22.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SOUL.BACCARA.YES SIR,I CAN BOOGIE / CARA MIA.GERMAN ORIG 7".VG US $2.82 Buy It Now 1h 34m
RICK WAKEMAN "THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII" USA QUADRAPHONIC LP YES ABWH US $14.50 [0 bids]
YES Drama 12" Vinyl LP Record - Canadian Pressing XSD 16019 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Vintage Lot of 4 YES Vinyl LP Records Fragile VG or VG+ Seen All Good People Era US $14.99 [0 bids]
RARE HAPPY MONDAYS LP YES PLEASE 92 INDIE punk BRITPOP OASIS FACTORY 420 LONDON US $24.99 [0 bids]
Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe - Evening Of Yes Music 1 [Vinyl New] US $36.69 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe - Evening Of Yes Music Plus [CD New] US $15.64 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe - Evening Of Yes Music 2 [Vinyl New] US $36.69 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Crass - Yes Sir I Will [CD New] US $15.42 Buy It Now 1h 42m
FIVE STAR - If I Say Yes - Excellent Condition 12" Single Tent PT 42082 US $11.28 Buy It Now 1h 45m
I'll Say Yes - Tabernacle Brooklyn New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Melissa Etheridge - Yes I Am (CD, 1993) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Baccara 45 Yes Sir I Can Boogie Mono Stereo Promo Manhattan 1104 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
TWINSET AND THE PEARL tell me straight 12" 3 trk featuring yes master mix and su US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Relayer [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Sep-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
GEOFF DOWNES (Yes / Asia) Vox Humana GLENN HUGHES (Deep Purple) CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
WELL RED yes we can 12" 2 trk pre-release extended mix b/w let me out (vs92512dj US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Yes: And You & I DVD US $12.84 Buy It Now 2h
ASIA - ASIA CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
2h
DEEP PURPLE-SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE CASSETTE MINT COND /// YES / ELP / BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
2h
JON ANDERSON - SONG OF SEVEN RARE CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / YES /THE BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
2h
Yes Going For The One Atlantic SD 19106 Stereo Vinyl Record Album US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DEVASTATIONS - YES U [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $15.33 Buy It Now 2h 3m
JACK VIDGEN - YES I AM [JACK VIDGEN] - NEW CD US $18.84 Buy It Now 2h 3m
JOHN LENNON- ROCK 'N' ROLL CASSETTE MINT COND // BEATLES / ROLLING STONES/ YES US $16.04 [0 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE - Yes I Am - Like New US $2.64 [0 bids]
YES-THE BEST OF YES (1970-1987)-JAPAN CD C00 US $15.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
YES, CLOSE TO THE EDGE - GERMAN LP ATL 50012 US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
MAX ROACH AGAIN Volume One Portugal Yes NM Stanley Turrentine CLIFFORD JORDAN US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
ART GARFUNKEL-ANGEL CLARE NEW CASSETTE NEVER OPENED // SIMON & GARFUNKEL / YES US $17.04 [0 bids]
ASIA / ALPHA 1983 JAPAN ONLY LIMITED PICTURE DISC LP YES KING CRIMSON ELP US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES JON ANDERSON / OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW JAPAN LP w/ OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES / FRAGILE 1972 JAPAN LP w/ OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Yes Album LP Early Pressing US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
THE KINKS- ONE FOR THE ROAD CASSETTE MINT COND // THE TROGGS/THE HOLLIES/ YES US $19.04 [0 bids]
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken moderate ring US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 18m
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken one light scu US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Dodie Stevens: The Five Pennies / Yes-Sir-Ee 45 US $5.69 [0 bids]
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken part 1 some r US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Bob Gibson "Yes I See" Elektra Stereo 1967 US $21.08 Buy It Now 2h 21m
COLOSSAL YES - LOOSEN THE LEAD & SPOIL THE DOGS NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 2h 22m
WAY YES - WALKABILITY NEW CD US $13.86 Buy It Now 2h 22m
PHIL PERRY - SAY YES NEW CD US $23.61 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Yes!, Brock, Chad, Good US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
CIRCA : HQ CD Prog Rock Yes Alumni Billy Sherwood & Tony Kaye US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Yes - Time And A Word (remastered) NEW CD US $7.70 Buy It Now 2h 30m
THE WHO/YES/STEELEYE SPAN/BACK DOOR/NAZARETH/LOU REED/PINK FLOYD/ROLLING STONES US $9.66 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER- BEST OF CASSETTE MINT COND // MOODY BLUES / YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
THE J. GEILS BAND- SHOWTIME CASSETTE MINT COND // DEEP PURPLE /THE POLICE/ YES US $17.64 [0 bids]
PARIS ANGELS i understand 12" 3 trk b/w oh yes instrumental and too easy light e US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 32m
PARIS ANGELS oh yes 12" 3 trk white label test pressing with title sticker on pl US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h 33m
JOHN LENNON- COLLECTION CASSETTE MINT COND // ERIC CLAPTON/ STEVE WINWOOD/YES US $17.04 [0 bids]
YES 90125 33 LP ATCO 1983 90125-1 tested works US $4.98 [0 bids]
MNT NORTHERN SOUL 45~BARBARA MASON~KEEP HIM/YES IM~HEAR US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
YES UK 1984 7" Single IT CAN HAPPEN US $4.82 Buy It Now 2h 39m
YES YESTERDAYS LP 504 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
THE INDEPENDENTS - LEAVING ME // I LOVE YOU YES I D - LOOKS UNPLAYED MINT- US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 43m
THE SENSATIONS - LET ME IN // OH YES I'LL BE TRUE - ORIGINAL ARGO DOOWOP EX++ US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 43m
JON E. HOLIDAY & GIRL GRP - YES I WILL LOVE YOU TOMORROW / TIL THE END TIME VG+ US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 46m
AMBER - YES - 5 TRACK DJ REMIX CD .. SEALED !! US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES,YESTERDAYS US $8.00 [0 bids]
7"-Single YES - It Can Happen (1984) GERMANY PS / TREVOR HORN US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Jason Mraz - Yes! (CD 2014) US $3.79 [3 bids]
BARBARA MASON 45 YES I,M READY / KEEP HIM US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
FIVE STAR UK 1986 LIMITED SHEP PETTIBONE REMIX 12" Single If I Say Yes PT40982R US $8.05 Buy It Now 2h 56m
YES "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART" 45 PS US $4.49 Buy It Now 3h
YES**TIME AND A WORD (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $26.95 Buy It Now 3h
Yes - Something's Coming The BBC Recordings 1969-1970 ( Double LP) New US $33.86 Buy It Now 3h 3m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) ratings distribution

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Superflouous

This was of course the single which found a whole new audience for Yes, and effectively served as their cross-over song. It's fair to say this was not a deliberate decision by the band, the song originating from sessions with Trevor Rabin which were not initially intended to result in a Yes album. Notable absentees are Steve Howe, who had taken up his role with Asia at the time, and Rick Wakeman whose place was filled by his predecessor Tony Kaye.

The song itself is a fine piece of melodic rock, with a solid rhythm, and a killer hook. It may not be prog for the prog purists, but it did serve to bring Yes to the attention of the masses, and thus revive interest in their back catalogue.

There are three tracks in total on this 12 inch single. "Our song" is taken straight from the "90125" album. The B side is entirely occupied by a "red and blue remix" of "Owner of a lonely heart". This extended dub version would have fitted in well on The "Yes remixes" album, indeed, it may have been the inspiration for it. It is though, a tediously dull and uninteresting hatchet job which simply repeats the main theme ad-nauseum. Various superfluous effects are thrown in, but despite its length, there is nothing of interest here at all.

Good song, but this release for collectors only.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#76885) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Review by Australian
2 stars This is the other version of the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" single which comes with a version of "Our Song" well as "Red and Blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely" Heart. Take these tracks away and you essentially get the Promo single, except the promo EP comes with the version where Trevor Rabin's guitar solo is still included. Anyway this version is much easier to find as doesn't have as much of a collectors appeal than the promo single. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is Yes's most well know song as it hit Number 1 in America and stayed there for quite some time. It is ALWAYS played at Yes gigs and it is, I dare say the easiest Yes song to recall and recite. For this very reason it has struck with people more than any other song by the band. This is the crowing achievement of Rabin! As I mentioned earlier this EP has little appeal to anyone, you are better off getting "90125" to be honest. I'll give this two stars on account of the "red and blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart." Collectors/fans only

Send comments to Australian (BETA) | Report this review (#95376) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 22, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I guess that the target group for this EP from the album "90125" were the discotheques for the inclusion of an extended remix of "Owner". This version has been released since then on the extended version of "90125". Like I said in my review of the album, this version is absolute crap. Disgusting from start to finish. The original "Owner" (slightly edited here) on the contrary is a good song. Great tempo, fresh and funny. "Our Song" is another good track of the album : good rocking tune with nice vocal harmonies (even if it is a commercial tune, created to please the FM stations probably). This EP is absolutely useless now since the only two listenable tracks are already available on the album. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#105958) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Review by progaardvark
1 stars In addition to the Owner of a Lonely Heart single, Yes also released an EP featuring a special "red & blue" dance remix of the song. Clearly this release was intended for the dance clubs at the time and like most songs that had this treatment, it is just plain terrible from beginning to end. They basically took an okay pop song and turned it into a throbbing headache. I can't recommend this to anybody except for collectors of rare 12-inch singles and EPs of prog bands making crappy music AND who also only want to put it in their collection and NEVER listen to it. Trust me on this one. It really is that bad. One star, less if possible.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#129924) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 23, 2007

Post a review of YES "Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP)"