OWNER OF A LONELY HEART (EP)

Yes Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1983

Side A
1. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Special "red & blue" remix dance version) (7:50)

Side B
2. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Edited version) (3:50)
3. Our Song (LP Version) (4:16)

Note: The promo version side B only contains the LP version of Owner of a Lonely Heart timed at 4:28.

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) lyrics

Search YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass guitars and vocals
- Trevor Rabin / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Alan White / drums, percussion, vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

12" vinyl: Atco Records 0-96976 (1983)
12" vinyl promo: Atco Records DMD 689 (1983)

The promo version has been known to have been issued in the 3-track version cover.

Thanks to progaeopteryx for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Yes - Yesshows (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 30m 44s
Yes - Going For The One (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 30m 46s
Yes - Close To The Edge (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 30m 53s
Yes - The Ultimate Yes Collection (NEW CD) US $20.66 Buy It Now 41m 28s
Cecil Young Quartet "That Old Black Magic/Yes Sir! That's My Baby" Orig 78 RPM US $29.99 Buy It Now 41m 30s
RICK WAKEMAN-JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH 1974 A&M REC. SP-3621 VG+ YES US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 35s
FIVE STAR IF I SAY YES 7" REMIX 45 RPM RARE PROMO VINYL SOUL US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 35s
Rare ! Scarce ! Sammy Davis, Jr. "Yes I Can /Courage" Reprise 7" vinyl US $218.94 [0 bids]
45m 26s
Lee Konitz - Yes Yes Nonet (Steeplechase) Lp US $26.00 Buy It Now 45m 46s
Yes Sir Boss - Desperation State (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 51m 33s
Yes(Vinyl LP)90125-ATCO-790125 1-US-VG+/VG US $12.99 Buy It Now 51m 55s
Yes by Morphine (CD, Mar-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $2.99 [0 bids]
56m 38s
Yes LP "Fragile", 1972 Atlantic, Prog Rock Masterpiece US $14.99 Buy It Now 58m 40s
YES " GOING FOR THE ONE " ORIGINAL 1977 ATLANTIC VINYL LP TRIFOLD SLEEVE VG/VG US $9.71 Buy It Now 1h 2m
YES LP Tormato 1978 Atlantic rick wakeman jon anderson steve howe SD 19202 US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes 1970 Vinyl LP Time and a Word A2/B2 MINT/EX US $45.41 [0 bids]
Yes 1971 VINYL LP FRAGILE ORANGE/PLUM A1/B1 EX/EX US $61.63 [0 bids]
YES !! (Sabage Bukkake! Van) [Single, Maxi] Ohashi Ayaka Free Shipping! US $49.04 Buy It Now 1h 12m
YES " THE YES ALBUM " ORIGINAL ATLANTIC VINYL LP 1971 GATEFOLD SLEEVE EX/EX US $12.96 Buy It Now 1h 12m
YES "Wonderous Stories /Paralleles" 1977 Atlantic 7" vinyl US $10.98 [0 bids]
Tally Of The Yes Men US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Pop Promo 45 Sammy Davis, Jr. - Yes I Can / Courage On Reprise US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
5 Star - If I Say Yes - Tent Records - 1986 #398193 US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 23m
melissa etheridge - yes I am - cd new/sealed - 10 tracks - ref# 311 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
YES Drama gatefold inner sleeve with lyrics no reserve US $14.00 [0 bids]
YES tales from topographic oceans 1973 UK ATLANTIC STEREO DOUBLE 2LP VINYL US $16.22 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Lot of 2 Classic Rock LPs Yes & Def Leppard Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Country Promo NM! 45 Danny Marcus That's When The Hurting Sets In / Love You Yes US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
YES: 90125 - 1983 NEW BAND LINEUP DEBUT INCLUDES 'OWNER OF A LONELY HEART' EX+ US $11.34 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Yes Album~Atlantic Records 8283~Vinyl~LP~VG+ US $23.65 Buy It Now 1h 32m
(CA727) Colourmusic, Yes! - DJ CD US $3.65 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Doo Wop 45 The Sensations - Yes, I'Ll Be True / Let Me In On Argo US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Country Promo NM! 45 Kenny Vernon Yes Virginia / Sea Shores Of My Mind on Chart US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Yes Sir! That's My Baby Coon-Sanders + Sometime Jack Shilkret RCA 78 RPM US $16.99 [0 bids]
SEAL s/t (1991) FIRST PRESS JAPAN CD OBI WMC5-355 Trevor Horn Buggles Yes Asia US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
YES Tormato, VINYL LP Jon Anderson Steve Howe Squire White Asia Autograph SIGNED US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Tommy Dorsey & Orch LP 1956 Yes Indeed ! ( VG ++ / EX vinyl ) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
(CD260) Melissa Etheridge, Yes I Am - 1993 CD US $9.33 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Dave London 12' Vinyl Record YMR Yes Mate Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Yes~Original US LP Close to the edge NM Prog Art Rock Rick Wakeman   US $27.04 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Yes~Original OZ 2XLP Tales from topographic oceans NM 1973 Prog Art Rock US $21.62 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Yes~Original US LP Yesterdays EX 1974 Art Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe   US $15.30 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Yes~Original US 3XLP Yessongs NM 1973 Art Rock Prog Rock Steve Howe US $27.04 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Yes~OZ Reissue LP Time and a word EX Art Rock Psyche Prog Peter Banks US $15.30 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Yes~Original US LP Going for the one NM '77 Art Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe     US $17.11 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Yes~Original JAP 2XLP Yesshows NM 1980 Prog Rock Rick Wakeman Steve Howe US $24.33 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Yes by Yes (CD, Aug-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Astral Traveller [CD New] US $16.46 Buy It Now 2h
YELLO - ONE SECOND PLUS YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS / CD 21 tracks US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
1972 YES Fragile gatefold ALBUM lp 7211 w/ booklet record NM vinyl rock RCA CLUB US $6.99 [2 bids]
Yes, Something's Coming. 180g Sealed Vinyl 2LP Set. US $64.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
YES, GOING FOR THE ONE LP-Tri fold out Sleeve + inner-UK Atlantic US $10.36 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Yes: Selections From In A Word box set SAMPLER (Rhino PRCD400059) LIKE NEW US $5.00 [0 bids]
Eddy Grant - I Love You, Yes, I Love You - RCA #311656 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Nu Colours - Yes I Will - Polydor - 1996 #75301 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Yes - Word Is Live [CD New] US $41.10 Buy It Now 2h 14m
YES INDEEDY BY TOBIAS MCGREGOR US $4.99 [0 bids]
the yes album US $8.00 [0 bids]
Yes "Tormato" LP US $3.47 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Yes POP ROCK UK CHRIS SQUIRE LP Yes Album 1971 UK ISSUE GATEFOLD US $24.98 Buy It Now 2h 20m
1973 YES YESSONGS gatefold ALBUM ATL 3-100 record 3 LP set vinyl wakeman Howe US $11.95 [0 bids]
YES TIME AND A WORD SEALED CD NEW REMASTERED US $4.09 Buy It Now 2h 23m
NOS (PS) 5 STAR.....IF I SAY YES US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
SYLVESTER BLUE yes god is real LP VG+ 770937 Vinyl Record US $24.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Maria Muldaur CD Yes We Can US $0.99 [0 bids]
Refugee CD Refugee The Nice Patrick Moraz Yes ELP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Time And A Word. 180g 33rpm Sealed Vinyl LP US $54.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
BIG MAMA THORNTON: Mercy / Yes I Cried 45 (dj) rare Soul US $55.00 Buy It Now 2h 47m
YES Tomato LP OOP late-70's prog-rock Rick Wakeman Alan White US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
The B-Sides,NEW CD,Yes Indeed The b-sides Quite! US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Yes Close to the Edge and Highlights: Very Best of Yes 2cd lot prog progressive US $3.75 [0 bids]
DERRICK HALL & COMPANY, I'LL SAY YES!, 1997 Brightside Productions US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Bobby Lewis :Tossin' And Turnin' / Oh Yes I Love You US $7.00 [0 bids]
YES the yes album LP VG 2400101 Vinyl 1971 Record US $60.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Julie Thames - Say Yes [CD New] US $16.98 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Beatles - Ticket To Ride / Yes It Is 7" 45 NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 13m
YES 7'' PS And You And I YUGOSLAVIA very rare ATL 10 407 Yugo 45 US $121.63 Buy It Now 3h 14m
YES 7'' PS Sweetness France ATL 650 171 rare 45! US $56.76 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Jon Anderson (Singer from Yes) Deseo US $4.00 [0 bids]
ANDY WARHOL "UH YES UH NO" Spoken Word CD Sooj Records 1996 RARE Good + US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
"7"-Beatles-Ticket to Ride/Yes it Is PS japanese odeon label US $19.99 [0 bids]
GTR- SAME TITLE STEVE HOWE/YES 1986 ARISTA 1986 USA VINYL LP NM US $1.49 [0 bids]
PROGRESSIVE ROCK-YES-TIME AND A WORD...REISSUE WITH BONUS TRACKS. US $8.09 Buy It Now 3h 23m
JON ANDERSON- YES ANIMATION & JON AND VANGELIS-PRIVATE COLLECTION 2 LPS NM US $3.49 [0 bids]
EARL GRANT yes sirree!! LP VG+ DL 4405 Vinyl 1963 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
going for the one yes 8 track music tape nos sealed US $5.00 [0 bids]
Silver Columns - Yes, & Dance NEW CD ALBUM US $16.19 Buy It Now 3h 43m
YES Close To The Edge CD Classic 1972 Album And You And I US $3.99 [0 bids]
78RPM Victor 19309 Paul Whiteman, Theres Yes Yes in Your Eyes/Love has a Way sV- US $12.95 Buy It Now 3h 46m
YES 90125 ORIGINAL VINTAGE RECORD ALBUM 12 INCH 1983 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
YES Tormato Cassette Tape Atlantic 1978 US $2.99 [0 bids]
DJ Disciple - Yes (Remixes) - Catch 22 - 2002 #93501 US $6.47 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Kiez Kidz - I Found It (Yes It's You) - Edel #337721 US $6.47 Buy It Now 3h 48m
YES "LEAVE IT" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 3h 50m
YES "LIFT ME UP" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
YES Classic Yes Best Of 1970-77 CD Roundabout, I've Seen All Good People US $2.49 [0 bids]
Funky edged Northern * INDEPENDENTS * I Love You Yes I do * LISTEN MP3 US $9.99 [0 bids]
What About Yes by Jamie Hartford (CD, Dec-1997, Paladin) US $4.49 Buy It Now 3h 51m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) ratings distribution

YES Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP) reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars Superflouous

This was of course the single which found a whole new audience for Yes, and effectively served as their cross-over song. It's fair to say this was not a deliberate decision by the band, the song originating from sessions with Trevor Rabin which were not initially intended to result in a Yes album. Notable absentees are Steve Howe, who had taken up his role with Asia at the time, and Rick Wakeman whose place was filled by his predecessor Tony Kaye.

The song itself is a fine piece of melodic rock, with a solid rhythm, and a killer hook. It may not be prog for the prog purists, but it did serve to bring Yes to the attention of the masses, and thus revive interest in their back catalogue.

There are three tracks in total on this 12 inch single. "Our song" is taken straight from the "90125" album. The B side is entirely occupied by a "red and blue remix" of "Owner of a lonely heart". This extended dub version would have fitted in well on The "Yes remixes" album, indeed, it may have been the inspiration for it. It is though, a tediously dull and uninteresting hatchet job which simply repeats the main theme ad-nauseum. Various superfluous effects are thrown in, but despite its length, there is nothing of interest here at all.

Good song, but this release for collectors only.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#76885) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Review by Australian
2 stars This is the other version of the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" single which comes with a version of "Our Song" well as "Red and Blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely" Heart. Take these tracks away and you essentially get the Promo single, except the promo EP comes with the version where Trevor Rabin's guitar solo is still included. Anyway this version is much easier to find as doesn't have as much of a collectors appeal than the promo single. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is Yes's most well know song as it hit Number 1 in America and stayed there for quite some time. It is ALWAYS played at Yes gigs and it is, I dare say the easiest Yes song to recall and recite. For this very reason it has struck with people more than any other song by the band. This is the crowing achievement of Rabin! As I mentioned earlier this EP has little appeal to anyone, you are better off getting "90125" to be honest. I'll give this two stars on account of the "red and blue" version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart." Collectors/fans only

Send comments to Australian (BETA) | Report this review (#95376) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 22, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I guess that the target group for this EP from the album "90125" were the discotheques for the inclusion of an extended remix of "Owner". This version has been released since then on the extended version of "90125". Like I said in my review of the album, this version is absolute crap. Disgusting from start to finish. The original "Owner" (slightly edited here) on the contrary is a good song. Great tempo, fresh and funny. "Our Song" is another good track of the album : good rocking tune with nice vocal harmonies (even if it is a commercial tune, created to please the FM stations probably). This EP is absolutely useless now since the only two listenable tracks are already available on the album. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#105958) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 05, 2007

Review by progaardvark
1 stars In addition to the Owner of a Lonely Heart single, Yes also released an EP featuring a special "red & blue" dance remix of the song. Clearly this release was intended for the dance clubs at the time and like most songs that had this treatment, it is just plain terrible from beginning to end. They basically took an okay pop song and turned it into a throbbing headache. I can't recommend this to anybody except for collectors of rare 12-inch singles and EPs of prog bands making crappy music AND who also only want to put it in their collection and NEVER listen to it. Trust me on this one. It really is that bad. One star, less if possible.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#129924) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 23, 2007

Post a review of YES "Owner of a Lonely Heart (EP)"