MY ANGEL (VINYL)

- Marius / Bass, Vocals
- Steinar/ Guitar, Keyboards
- Ian / Drums

Putrefaction Records (1991)
Re-mastered in 2000 by Spikefarm Records and included on 'True Kings Of Norway' compilation (Naula 006)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) Music

Masquerade InfernaleMasquerade Infernale
Limited Edition
BACK ON BLACK 2014
Vinyl$23.47
Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003
Century Media 1997
Audio CD$5.88 (used)
Shipwrecked in OsloShipwrecked in Oslo
Season of Mist 2006
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (2002) Audio CDThe Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (2002) Audio CD
The End Records
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (2003) Audio CDLa Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (2003) Audio CD
Candlelight
ULVER - MESSE I.X - IV.X - BLACK VINYL - LP import arcturus perdition city US $35.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
DEMIMONDE Mutant Star CD Czech avant prog-death arcturus dodheimsgard contrastic US $9.98 Buy It Now 4h 4m
I between two worlds METALBOX CD mayhem emperor satyricon gorgoroth arcturus US $140.00 Buy It Now 4h 55m
ARCTURUS "LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE" MC US $2.49 [0 bids]
VULTURE INDUSTRIES The Malefactor's Bloody Register CD promo Arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
FLEURETY MIN TID SKAL KOMME, ARCTURUS,MARE,BLACK MAJESTY,URGEHAL,MYSTICUM,HORNA US $39.00 Buy It Now 11h 26m
BORKNAGAR quintessence ORIG 2000 DIGIPAK CENTURY MEDIA-alcest,arcturus,ulver US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 46m
BORKNAGAR empiricism ORIG 2001 DIGIPAK CENTURY MEDIA-alcest,emperor,arcturus US $29.99 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies PROMO cd covenant fleurety manes US $3.00 [0 bids]
LIMBONIC ART - EPITOME OF ILLUSIONS LP NEW EMPEROR ARCTURUS THORNS DIMMU US $39.99 Buy It Now 21h 40m
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale - CASSETTE US $9.66 Buy It Now 22h 9m
MANES - HOW THE WORLD CAME TO AN END CD NEW ULVER THORNS SATYRICON ARCTURUS US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Ulver - Metamorphosis Ep RARE ORG 99 Jester Rec. Agalloch Borknagar Arcturus US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus Theme From Star Trek T102 VG+ (45-10944) DP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SANCTUS - AEON SKY CD DIMMU CRADLE ANCIENT ARCTURUS SAMAEL US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KEEP OF KALESSIN - REPTILIAN CD EMPEROR ARCTURUS DIMMU ULVER US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTERSORG - JORDPULS CD ARCTURUS ULVER BORKNAGAR US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS BORKNAGAR Mens or Girlie T-SHIRT ENSLAVED OPETH EMPEROR IHSAHN WINDIR US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale 180g 2 LP Coloured VINYL RECORD Metal NEW US $34.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MAYHEM Live In Jessheim Norway 12" Vinyl LP Morbid Arcturus Burzum LMTD 250 US $26.66 [0 bids]
Arcturus: Sideshow Symphonies CD 2005 Season Of Mist SOM 100 Digipak NEW US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SANCTUS:AEON SKY (CD)/BLACK METAL/CRADLE OF FILTH/ EMPEROR/DIMMU BORGIR/ARCTURUS US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
"ARCTURUS" === 3 CD LOT === (Progressive/Atmospheric Black Metal) MORTEM=ULVER US $16.99 [0 bids]
FUNERIS NOCTURNUM - Pure Satanic Blasphemy FINNTROLL ARCTURUS WARLOGHE GEHENNA US $6.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS-SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES 1 PRESS 2005 DIGIPAK CULT RARE!!! US $16.66 [0 bids]
Arcturus - La Masquerade NEW CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems NEW 2 x CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia NEW 2 x LP US $26.02 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale NEW 2 x LP US $26.02 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - SVIDD NEGER - BLACK VINYL - LP import arcturus perdition city US $35.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sideshow Symphonies Arcturus Vinyl LP US $20.47 Buy It Now 3 days
In The Woods ISLE OF MEN lp NEW emperor arcturus enslaved borknagar US $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
In the Woods ... - Isle of Men 1994 demo FIRST ED Arcturus ved buens ende ulver US $22.00 [1 bids]
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (Japan) / PCCY-01198 + STICKER US $9.99 [0 bids]
MAYHEM Live In Zeitz 1990 CD Burzum Morbid Aura Noir Arcturus US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Nexus Polaris by Kovenant (Norway) (1998 CD, Arcturus, Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar) US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
First Mystery cd Spirit Nation (1993, Arcturus) NEW sealed 15tk OOP 783077140724 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Morgul All Dead Here... NEW arcturus dimmu borgir ships fast not a promo US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ulver - The Trilogie 3LP boxset Century Media 1997 version mispressing arcturus US $11.50 [2 bids]
PRIMORDIAL a journey's end ORIG 1998 MISANTHROPY-agalloch,alcest,windir,arcturus US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PRIMORDIAL imrama ORIG 2001 SLIPCASE HAMMERHEART-agalloch,alcest,windir,arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ULVER "Heaven & Hell" / "Decade In The Machines" 2 CD Folk/Black Metal ARCTURUS US $7.99 [0 bids]
Enslaved-Isa 2lp/Borknagar/primordial/arcturus/darkthrone/immortal/taake US $27.99 [0 bids]
Limbonic Art- Ad Noctum-Dynasty Of Death 2LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/rotting/absu US $21.99 [0 bids]
Borknagar-The olden domain PIC /marduk/mayhem/ulver/nargaroth/arcturus/satyricon US $24.99 [0 bids]
In The Woods - Isle Of Men/ved buens ende/Fleurety/arcturus/negura bunget/manes US $49.99 [0 bids]
Nachtmystium - Silencing Machine /arcturus/mayhem/marduk/rotting christ/skitliv US $27.99 [0 bids]
Eschaton-Causa Fortior LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/ulver/enslaved/rotting christ US $21.99 [0 bids]
Blodarv ?- Soulcollector... The Thousand Years Tale LP+7''/arcturus/iso US $23.99 [0 bids]
Carpathian Forest: We're Going to Hell for This Lp, Darkthrone, Arcturus, Old Fu US $34.99 [0 bids]
Mayhem vs Burzum promo Lp, Limited Black Metal release, Von, Emperor, Arcturus US $24.99 [0 bids]
Death Spell Omega: Manifestations Lp, Portal, Emperor, Arcturus, Goatlord US $26.99 [0 bids]
Abruptum : Evil Genius Lp Black Metal, Old Funeral, Arcturus, Emperor, Von US $59.99 [0 bids]
Burzum: Hlidskjalf Lp, first press!, Mayhem, Old Funeral, Thorns, Arcturus US $94.99 [0 bids]
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus (CD, Jun-1997, Century Media (USA)) US $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ad astra - one single cause, arcturus tartaros tulus shining nyktalgia nargaroth US $6.99 [0 bids]
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $6.99 [0 bids]
atra hora - lost in the depths, arcturus tulus tartaros mysticum necromantia US $6.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - THE SHAM MIRRORS - NEW CD US $14.10 Buy It Now 5 days
MANES Ned I Stillheten CASSETTE TAPE orig 1994 press black metal arcturus thorns US $37.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ULVER A Quick Fix of Melancholy [EP] CD 2003 Ambient Prog Arcturus US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WINDS Prominence and Demise (CD 2007) sealed Progressive Metal Tritonus Arcturus US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $24.00 [0 bids]
FOREFATHER EMBROIDERED PATCH ARCTURUS BATHORY CELTIC FOLK PAGAN Metal Negro US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Falkenbach "Asa" Picture LP arcturus ulver emperor empyrium burzum US $29.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Empyrium " Bochum / Christuskirche " Cardsleeve CD arcturus ulver agalloch US $54.90 Buy It Now 6 days
ORAKLE Tourments & Perdition EMPEROR ARCTURUS BORKNAGAR US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
GERD vulcan princess / arcturus 12" RECORD US $8.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Khonsu-Anomalia cd new Absu Keep of Kalessin Ihsahn Dark Tranquillity Arcturus US $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Khonsu-Anomalia cd digipack Keep of Kalessin Ihsahn Dark Tranquillity Arcturus US $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
First Mystery cd Spirit Nation (1993, Arcturus) NEW sealed 15tk OOP 783077140724 US $5.99 [0 bids]
SIGH Imaginary Sonicscape TRIPLE COLORED LP arcturus darkthrone bathory sabbat US $60.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ENSLAVED - Vertebrae CD ( OPETH , ARCTURUS) 08 US $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DODHEIMSGARD T-SHIRT Ved Buens Ende Thorns Arcturus Blacklodge Mysticum Manes US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ENSLAVED T-SHIRT OPETH Emperor Arcturus Windir Immortal Borknagar MAYHEM US $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
HELHEIM - Jormundgand 1995 1pr CD TROLL Einherjer ENSLAVED Arcturus KAMPFAR US $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KOROVAKILL Waterhells CD avant black metal a la arcturus sigh dodheimsgard NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
ARCTURUS EMBROIDERED PATCH US $6.66 Buy It Now 7 days
THANATOSCHIZO Zoom Code CD Portugese avant prog metal Arcturus Secret Chiefs 3 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD 2005 avant-garde black metal Norway US $13.95 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES NEW CD US $19.31 Buy It Now 8 days
BORKNAGAR-PATCH WINDIR ARCTURUS SOLEFALD VINTERSORG RAR US $6.66 Buy It Now 8 days
# ARCTURUS - Shipwrecked In Oslo LIVE DVD SEALED BLACK VORTEX LP CD SHIRT RARE!! US $16.66 Buy It Now 8 days
ARS MORIENDI La singuliere noirceur d'un astre ARCTURUS ULVER EMPEROR SOLEFALD US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
SIGH Gallows Gallery CD Baphomet Records Japanese avant black metal arcturus NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 8 days
SATARIAL Heidenlarm CD avant-garde Russian black metal a la Arcturus Sigh Manes US $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
BORKNAGAR-THE OLDEN DOMAIN enslaved,ulver,arcturus,gorgoroth 1997 CENTURY BLACK! US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ULVER Wars Of The Roses LP IMPORT dark jazzy prog/pop arcturus manes Hexvessel US $24.98 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel 2xCD avant symphonic black US $13.98 Buy It Now 9 days
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale CD avant symphonic black metal Ulver Mayhem NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 9 days
MISTA CHARGE: Show Me (What You're Made Of)/Down On Arcturus (disco VG++ vinyl) US $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
ICS VORTEX Storm Seeker CD DIGIPACK LTD Borknagar Dimmu Borgir Arcturus Ulver US $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Vulture Industries X/50 White Vinyl LP The Tower CD + Print Satyricon Arcturus US $200.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Borknagar - The Archaic Course - sealed vinyl - lp record - arcturus singer! US $26.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies-digi-borknagar-dimmu US $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DHG-SUPERVILLIAN OUTCAST(DODHEIMSGARD)-CD-avant-garde-mayhem-aborym-arcturus US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
COVENANT IN TIMES BEFORE THE LIGHT 1995 MORDGRIMM LORD KAOS TROLL ARCTURUS ULVER US $35.00 Buy It Now 10 days
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIE SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 10 days
TROLL Embroidered Logo PATCH Mayhem Arcturus Covenant Dimmu Borgir Emperor US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TIDFALL - INSTINCT GATE ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE EMPEROR ARCTURUS US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy ARCTURUS music online Buy ARCTURUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCTURUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) ratings distribution

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) reviews

Review by Trickster F.
1 stars This isn't the music you'd listen to before going to bed...

Arcturus, one of the most popular artists in modern Progressive Music have managed to progress amazingly well. None of their releases, unless you count Constellation which sounded a lot like its successor(obviously), were similar at all, meaning mood, sound, as well as feel. My Angel, a really short EP released before the arrival of Garm, with a line-up of three people, two of which would never leave the group(Hellhammer on drums, and main composer keyboardist Sverd who also plays the guitars on this album), doesn't show the group's bright future at all, however, it already reveals the existence of a Norwegian group that isn't afraid to stay away from generic ideas in the air at the time but create their own unique music instead.

The title track My Angel opens the album. It doesn't sound like anything I have ever heard in my life. Describing the 'feel' of the sound is impossible for that reason, but those of you into Funeral Doom should know what it is the closest comparison here. It is a minimalistic, even ambient track with good bass parts, atmospheric appropriately touched keyboards, Hellhammer's neat drumming and vocals full of despair(they're artificial though). The lyrics here are even more minimalistic than the music itself repeating the cheesy line I need you, I love you, you're my angel over and over. What I'm describing doesn't sound pleasant and this really isn't a song one would enjoy. This is really a disturbing journey through a sick desperate mind, and one should listen it to fully form an opinion, although you can't deny it is the most disgusting, scariest 6 minutes of music created on Earth. Morax is the only other track here, very inchohensive and more aggressive than the title track. Some of the moments here hint on what would come later - in fact, I can guess that they returned to this song during their career to take away some parts and form into others. It is interesting because of its historical value, but as a whole is terribly crafted. Sverd plays the guitars here as well, although different people would perform the guitar duties on the other Arcturus albums.

What is left to say is that I simply have no idea how I would rate this album. I could give it any rating from one to four stars that wouldn't really contradict my opinion on the release, however, I've decided to give it the worst rating since nobody would search for this album on his own, since it was released for about 1000 copies more than 10 years ago, and also because it was later remastered and re-released on Aspera Heims Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel(with two others albums), which I suggest for your pre-La Masquerade Infernale Arcturus needs. Interesting, but I am no longer surprised to hear that nobody wants to re- experience this album after listening to it once. I feel strangely tempted to listen to it from time to time, so you can say it is fascinating enough.

Send comments to Trickster F. (BETA) | Report this review (#74277) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 07, 2006

Review by UMUR
2 stars "My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian symphonic black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released on Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was in 2000 re-released by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music is not yet in the symphonic black metal style that Arcturus is mostly known for but more in a slow and repetitive death metal style. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship is allright. Nothing special but not bad either. The production is a bit murky but again itīs not bad.

"My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties. I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2 star rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#213475) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009

2 stars I have deliberately hurt and I have deliberately tried to understand why. I casually tried to figure out what was the Black Metal and Death Metal. There are things that I like very much and things that I hate. "My Angel" is one of the things that like me. A strange EP, delivered by a band that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#769988) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 songs in this 7 Ep: My angel and Morax. In Black Metal style. One my friend said that this Ep is epochal for Black Metal. But I answer to this sentence in with these words: only for Black Metal. Ok, My Angel is a butcher (in every sense) but Morax is too much reflective. Ok, My Angel is an epo ... (read more)

Report this review (#156540) | Posted by Stige | Tuesday, December 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars MY ANGEL True Black Metal. This is this 7". Extreme important for Black Metal movement is extreme indicated for completionists in Prog field. Because isn't Prog and if you not know the Black Metal scene... Isn't a single for you. In every case "My Angel" is a great Black Metal song with great ... (read more)

Report this review (#146737) | Posted by Lady In Black | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCTURUS "My Angel (vinyl)"