MY ANGEL (VINYL)

- Marius / Bass, Vocals
- Steinar/ Guitar, Keyboards
- Ian / Drums

Putrefaction Records (1991)
Re-mastered in 2000 by Spikefarm Records and included on 'True Kings Of Norway' compilation (Naula 006)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) Music

Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003
Aspera & Constella [Vinyl]Aspera & Constella [Vinyl]
2008
Vinyl$36.99
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYNFONIA / CONSTELL NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 1h 40m
HELHEIM - Jormundgand 1995 1pr CD TROLL Einherjer ENSLAVED Arcturus KAMPFAR US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
FLEURETY "Evoco Bestias" 7" virus dodheimsgard arcturus manes US $11.42 Buy It Now 4h 37m
VIRUS "The Black Flux" LP ved buens ende arcturus manes US $32.62 Buy It Now 4h 37m
VARIOUS "Nordic Metal" CD mayhem emperor dissection arcturus US $18.76 Buy It Now 4h 38m
SIGH "Imaginary Sonicscape" CD mayhem arcturus US $16.31 Buy It Now 4h 38m
ANGST SKVADRON "The Alien" 7" urgehal arcturus virus US $11.42 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale Ulver Dimmu Borgir US $8.16 Buy It Now 8h 22m
GODKILLER-Deliverance cd OOP Solefald Arcturus Limbonic Art US $9.99 [0 bids]
KOROVAKILL Waterhells CD avant black metal a la arcturus sigh dodheimsgard NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 10h 50m
TARTAROS - The Grand Psychotic / ORG PROMO CD 1999 Mortiis Arckanum Arcturus US $9.90 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS Aspera Hiems Symfonia Constellation My Angel CD sealed USA US $5.00 [1 bids]
THANATOSCHIZO Zoom Code CD Portugese avant prog metal Arcturus Secret Chiefs 3 US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD 2005 avant-garde black metal Norway US $13.95 Buy It Now 18h 22m
CORVUS CORAX - THE ATAVISTIC TRIAD 2000 1PR SEALED! ULVER ARCTURUS THE RED KING US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 32m
ARCTURUS - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES NEW CD US $18.46 Buy It Now 22h 50m
ARS MORIENDI La singuliere noirceur d'un astre ARCTURUS ULVER EMPEROR SOLEFALD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
At the End of Infinity: Various Artists CD) AGGALOCH ARCTURUS WINDS VIRGIN BLACK US $7.99 [0 bids]
SIGH Gallows Gallery CD Baphomet Records Japanese avant black metal arcturus NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS - Aspera Hiems Symfonia WoodenBox US $50.00 [0 bids]
BORKNAGAR-THE OLDEN DOMAIN enslaved,ulver,arcturus,gorgoroth 1997 CENTURY BLACK! US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DIMMU BORGIR For All Tid CD Japan + 4 w/OBI 1999 Arcturus Borknagar Mayhem US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW CD US $21.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus - La Masquerade NEW CD US $21.02 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel 2xCD avant symphonic black US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale CD avant symphonic black metal Ulver Mayhem NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MISTA CHARGE: Show Me (What You're Made Of)/Down On Arcturus (disco VG++ vinyl) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sham Mirrors - Arcturus New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.90 Buy It Now 1 day
LACRIMAE - White Pest CD 2009 American Line Black Rare OOP Arcturus US $5.00 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - Aspera Hiems Symfonia + Sideshow Symphonies 2 CD lot 1996/2005 US $19.99 [0 bids]
FIMBULWINTER servants of sorcery VINYL LP dimmu borgir arcturus ulver US $49.99 [0 bids]
ULVER kveldsanger BLUE VINYL LP arcturus virus agalloch opeth US $44.99 [0 bids]
DEN SAAKALDTE ol morke depres ORIG VINYL 2-LP arcturus 1349 dodheimsgard slavia US $24.99 [0 bids]
HERESIARH Mythical Beasts... CD Ulver Arcturus Dimmu Borgir Emperor Limbonic Art US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Troll - Trollstorm Over Nidingjuv Demo Tape - Black Metal - Immortal - Arcturus US $1.00 [1 bids]
Vulture Industries X/50 White Vinyl LP The Tower CD + Print Satyricon Arcturus US $85.00 Buy It Now 2 days
atra hora - lost in the depths, arcturus tulus tartaros mysticum necromantia US $5.99 [0 bids]
Sideshow Symphonies [12 inch Analog] Arcturus LP Record US $50.32 Buy It Now 2 days
potentian - years in the shadows, solstafir agalloch drudkh alcest fen arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
movimento d'avanguardia ermetico - stelle senza luce, nokturnal mortum arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
ad astra - one single cause, arcturus tartaros tulus shining nyktalgia nargaroth US $5.99 [0 bids]
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [1 bids]
ARCTURUS.LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE.CD.1997.EX. US $1.63 [1 bids]
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies-digi-borknagar-dimmu-cradle-black-avantgarde US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BORKNAGAR - BORKNAGAR (1st Press, Arcturus, Gorgoroth, Windir, Dodheimsgard) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Limbonic Art- Ad Noctum-Dynasty Of Death 2LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/rotting/absu US $26.99 [0 bids]
IGNIS FATUUS WHISPERS 2000 SELFRELEASE ARCTURUS DREAM THEATER SIEGES EVEN LETHAL US $48.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Halpern & Rothschild - Healing Sounds From Arcturus CD US $14.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies Ltd LP Vinyl Record US $28.02 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - BLOOD054 US $21.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus Reconstellation Cd US $12.00 [0 bids]
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $12.00 [0 bids]
Disguised Masters by Arcturus (CD, Feb-2001, Cargo) US $5.00 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIE SEALED CD NEW US $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - METAMORPHOSIS (CD (EP) 1999 Trick) W/ GARM (BORKNAGAR, ARCTURUS) IMPORT* US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW CD US $18.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW 2 x LP US $40.30 Buy It Now 3 days
ICS Vortex - STORM SEEKER ltd blue vinyl LP album Arcturus Dimmu Borgir exc cond US $22.84 Buy It Now 3 days
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $22.00 [0 bids]
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES LP vinyl record arcturus US $35.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus (CD, Jun-2002, Candlelight Records) US $7.15 Buy It Now 3 days
DIVINE CODEX Ante Matter (CD 2010) Black Metal Darkspace Arcturus Attila Csihar US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
REMMIRATH - Polis Rouge (CD 2008) Avant Garde Black Metal HELHEIM ARCTURUS US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IN TORMENTATA QUIETE Teatroelementale (CD 2009) Avant Garde Black Metal Arcturus US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THUNDRA - Worshipped By Chaos (CD 2006) Arcturus Einherjer Borknagar Enslaved US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES CD US $5.81 Buy It Now 4 days
TIDFALL - INSTINCT GATE ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE EMPEROR ARCTURUS US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THIRD MOON BLOODFORSAKEN ADVANCE PROMO CARD SLEEVE CD RARE EMPEROR ARCTURUS US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SIGH - Imaginary Sonicscape CD 2001 Century Media Solefald Dødheimsgard Arcturus US $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SIGH - Hail Horror Hail CD 1997 Cacophonous Rec. Solefald Dødheimsgard Arcturus US $66.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Paul Lloyd Warner Live In Concert Cassette Interplanetary Voyage to Arcturus CA US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
BORKNAGAR The Olden Domain CD 1997 1.p. CM Enslaved Vintersorg Arcturus Ihsahn US $59.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE HERETIC Chemistry For The Soul CD 2004 Xtreem Music nexus 6 arcturus US $49.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MORGUL Parody of the Mass CD 1998 Napalm Records Diabolical Masquerade Arcturus US $59.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS**ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA CONSTELLATION MY ANGEL (LTD ED)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS NEW CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 4 days
EMPEROR - IX Equilibrium advance promo-only CD / Century Media 1999 (Arcturus) US $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SEAR BLISS - The Haunting 1st pr. CD II Moons 1998 (Lunar Aurora/Arcturus) US $39.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies CD dimmu borgir, emperor, immortal, enslaved US $4.99 [0 bids]
HADES- Alone Walkyng Demo 1993 RARE Mayhem Darkthrone Satyricon Emperor Arcturus US $8.14 [1 bids]
Morgul All Dead Here... NEW arcturus dimmu borgir ships fast not a promo US $2.99 [0 bids]
SANCTUS:AEON SKY (CD)/BLACK METAL/CRADLE OF FILTH/ EMPEROR/DIMMU BORGIR/ARCTURUS US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA / MY ANGEL - BLUE VINYL 2 LP ulver agalloch US $36.75 Buy It Now 4 days
MEZZERSCHMITT weltherrschaft ORIG CD mayhem arcturus dimmu borgir kovenant US $5.00 [0 bids]
Peccatum - Amor Fati RARE 1ST PRESS 2000 Candle056CD Arcturus Thou Shalt Suffer US $9.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight Records black metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 5 days
DIVINA ENEMA-TO WIGHT SHALT NEVER SHINE OOP 1999 KING DIAMOND ARCTURUS RARE!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WINGS-DIATRIBE 1 PRESS 1995 WOODCUT CUT 001 ARCTURUS BARATHRUM RARE!!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
INNER MISSING-THE AGE OF SILENCE CD anathema saturnus arcturus US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia / Constellation / My Angel 2CD 2003 Candlelight US $11.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia (+ Constellation/My Angel - Remastered CD 2002) US $17.93 Buy It Now 5 days
DIABOLI kirous ORIG 2004 NORTHERN HERITAGE-alcest,agalloch,wintersun,arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
APRIL ETHEREAL-ADVENT ORG HERMH LUX OCCULTA ARCTURUS US $6.66 Buy It Now 6 days
Pensees Nocturnes - Grotesque CD (Arcturus Sigh Peste Noire etc.) US $1.61 [0 bids]

More places to buy ARCTURUS music online Buy ARCTURUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCTURUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) ratings distribution

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) reviews

Review by Trickster F.
1 stars This isn't the music you'd listen to before going to bed...

Arcturus, one of the most popular artists in modern Progressive Music have managed to progress amazingly well. None of their releases, unless you count Constellation which sounded a lot like its successor(obviously), were similar at all, meaning mood, sound, as well as feel. My Angel, a really short EP released before the arrival of Garm, with a line-up of three people, two of which would never leave the group(Hellhammer on drums, and main composer keyboardist Sverd who also plays the guitars on this album), doesn't show the group's bright future at all, however, it already reveals the existence of a Norwegian group that isn't afraid to stay away from generic ideas in the air at the time but create their own unique music instead.

The title track My Angel opens the album. It doesn't sound like anything I have ever heard in my life. Describing the 'feel' of the sound is impossible for that reason, but those of you into Funeral Doom should know what it is the closest comparison here. It is a minimalistic, even ambient track with good bass parts, atmospheric appropriately touched keyboards, Hellhammer's neat drumming and vocals full of despair(they're artificial though). The lyrics here are even more minimalistic than the music itself repeating the cheesy line I need you, I love you, you're my angel over and over. What I'm describing doesn't sound pleasant and this really isn't a song one would enjoy. This is really a disturbing journey through a sick desperate mind, and one should listen it to fully form an opinion, although you can't deny it is the most disgusting, scariest 6 minutes of music created on Earth. Morax is the only other track here, very inchohensive and more aggressive than the title track. Some of the moments here hint on what would come later - in fact, I can guess that they returned to this song during their career to take away some parts and form into others. It is interesting because of its historical value, but as a whole is terribly crafted. Sverd plays the guitars here as well, although different people would perform the guitar duties on the other Arcturus albums.

What is left to say is that I simply have no idea how I would rate this album. I could give it any rating from one to four stars that wouldn't really contradict my opinion on the release, however, I've decided to give it the worst rating since nobody would search for this album on his own, since it was released for about 1000 copies more than 10 years ago, and also because it was later remastered and re-released on Aspera Heims Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel(with two others albums), which I suggest for your pre-La Masquerade Infernale Arcturus needs. Interesting, but I am no longer surprised to hear that nobody wants to re- experience this album after listening to it once. I feel strangely tempted to listen to it from time to time, so you can say it is fascinating enough.

Send comments to Trickster F. (BETA) | Report this review (#74277) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 07, 2006

Review by UMUR
2 stars "My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released through Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was re-released in 2000 by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music on "My Angel" is not yet in the symphonic/avant garde keyboard driven black metal style that Arcturus are mostly known for on later releases. It´s more a slow and repetitive type of death metal. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship on the EP are decent. Nothing special or too creative are going on but it´s not bad either. The sound production is a bit murky but again it´s not bad. Upon conclusion "My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties (where most of the bands had strong death metal leanings). I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2.5 star (50%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#213475) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009

2 stars I have deliberately hurt and I have deliberately tried to understand why. I casually tried to figure out what was the Black Metal and Death Metal. There are things that I like very much and things that I hate. "My Angel" is one of the things that like me. A strange EP, delivered by a band that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#769988) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 songs in this 7 Ep: My angel and Morax. In Black Metal style. One my friend said that this Ep is epochal for Black Metal. But I answer to this sentence in with these words: only for Black Metal. Ok, My Angel is a butcher (in every sense) but Morax is too much reflective. Ok, My Angel is an epo ... (read more)

Report this review (#156540) | Posted by Stige | Tuesday, December 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars MY ANGEL True Black Metal. This is this 7". Extreme important for Black Metal movement is extreme indicated for completionists in Prog field. Because isn't Prog and if you not know the Black Metal scene... Isn't a single for you. In every case "My Angel" is a great Black Metal song with great ... (read more)

Report this review (#146737) | Posted by Lady In Black | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCTURUS "My Angel (vinyl)"