MY ANGEL (VINYL)

- Marius / Bass, Vocals
- Steinar/ Guitar, Keyboards
- Ian / Drums

Putrefaction Records (1991)
Re-mastered in 2000 by Spikefarm Records and included on 'True Kings Of Norway' compilation (Naula 006)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) Music

Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003
Shipwrecked In OsloShipwrecked In Oslo
BLOOD MUSIC 2014
Disguised MastersDisguised Masters
Jester Norway 2006
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (2003) Audio CDLa Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (2003) Audio CD
Candlelight
Constellation (Vinyl)Constellation (Vinyl)
Kyrck
Vinyl$89.98
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - BLOOD054 US $22.37 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Limbonic Art ?- Volume I-IV 4-cd box Original press 2001 Arcturus Emperor US $20.50 [2 bids]
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIE SEALED CD NEW US $5.70 Buy It Now 5h 25m
ULVER - METAMORPHOSIS (CD (EP) 1999 Trick) W/ GARM (BORKNAGAR, ARCTURUS) IMPORT* US $59.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
ULVER Perdition City / Bergnatt CD 2 in1 RUS Rare OOP Arcturus Solefold US $11.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW CD US $19.50 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW 2 x LP US $41.94 Buy It Now 9h 23m
SOLEFALD-RED FOR FIRE-PART-DIGI-arcturus-avantgarde US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus (CD, Jun-2002, Candlelight Records) US $7.32 Buy It Now 14h 25m
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES LP vinyl record arcturus US $35.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
ARCTURUS**ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA CONSTELLATION MY ANGEL (LTD ED)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 1 day
MAYHEM Live In Zeitz 1990 CD Burzum Morbid Aura Noir Arcturus US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SKITLIV Skandinavisk CD MAYHEM SHINING ARCTURUS US $14.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies [CD New] US $13.94 Buy It Now 1 day
SIGH (Japan) "Desolation" Demo #1 1990 Abigail Barbatos Cut Throat Arcturus US $46.00 [16 bids]
SIGH (Japan) "Tradgedies" Demo #2 1990 Abigail Barbatos Cut Throat Arcturus US $42.00 [16 bids]
Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses CD (Arcturus, Paradise Lost, Anathema) US $1.50 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $8.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA / MY ANGEL - BLUE VINYL 2 LP ulver agalloch US $36.75 Buy It Now 1 day
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
ad astra - one single cause, arcturus tartaros tulus shining nyktalgia nargaroth US $5.99 [0 bids]
movimento d'avanguardia ermetico - stelle senza luce, nokturnal mortum arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
DIVINA ENEMA-TO WIGHT SHALT NEVER SHINE OOP 1999 KING DIAMOND ARCTURUS RARE!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight Records black metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigrid ?- Die Asche Eines Leben LP/mayhem/arcturus/ulver/enslaved/rotting christ US $28.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 2 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA - RARE VINYL TEST PRESSING US $50.91 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Samael - Aeonics: An Anthology CD (Rotting Christ, Alastis, Arcturus, Mayhem) US $1.50 [1 bids]
WINGS-DIATRIBE 1 PRESS 1995 WOODCUT CUT 001 ARCTURUS BARATHRUM RARE!!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia / Constellation / My Angel 2CD 2003 Candlelight US $11.95 Buy It Now 2 days
FOSCOR-THE SMILE OF THE SAD ONES-CD-enslaved-arcturus-emperor-keep of kalessin US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
APRIL ETHEREAL-ADVENT ORG HERMH LUX OCCULTA ARCTURUS US $6.66 Buy It Now 3 days
DIABOLI kirous ORIG 2004 NORTHERN HERITAGE-alcest,agalloch,wintersun,arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Head Control System - Murder Nature CD (Ulver, Dodheimsgard, Arcturus) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $22.00 [0 bids]
Agalloch " The Mantle " Gatefold Double LP clear vinyl + poster ulver arcturus US $39.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale Ltd Colv Ogv LP Vinyl Record US $36.13 Buy It Now 3 days
MISANTHROPE sadistic sexcd +3 bonus ( arcturus , opeth US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mista Charge Show Me (What You're Made Of) b/w Down On Arcturus 7" Single Target US $1.68 [0 bids]
TRELLDOM Til Minne.. RARE CD PROMO Darkthrone Gorgoroth Arcturus Satyricon Ulver US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LUNATIC GODS Ante Portas CD Slovakian avant death metal arcturus Thy Catafalque US $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Atrox-Binocular cd digipack new Arcturus Opeth Ihsahn Cynic progressive metal US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMAE - White Pest CD 2009 American Line Black Rare OOP Arcturus US $5.00 [0 bids]
ICS Vortex - Storm Seeker [DIGIPAK] (CD 2011) GERMAN IMPORT ARCTURUS Borknagar US $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Transcending Bizarre? The four scissors CD (ULVER,ARCTURUS,MR BUNGLE) US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) BLACK HEAVY METAL US $10.01 Buy It Now 4 days
HAGGARD and thou shalt...ORIG 1997 SERENADES RE-alcest,agalloch,therion,arcturus US $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Morgul All Dead Here... NEW arcturus dimmu borgir ships fast not a promo US $2.99 [0 bids]
Empyrium " Bochum / Christuskirche " Cardsleeve CD arcturus ulver agalloch US $49.90 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS "Aspera Hiems Symfonia" (RARE 1st USA press)Burzum,Vinterland,Marduk US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ulver - Wars Of The Roses LP ( Agalloch - Borknagar - Empyrium - Arcturus ) US $34.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WARZONE METAL INVADER Carpathian Forest Thyrfing Avalon Arcturus Paradox Cage US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SIGH - Hail Horror Hail CD 1997 Cacophonous Rec. Solefald Dødheimsgard Arcturus US $66.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Thy Catafalque-Rengeteg ltd ed digi Enslaved Drudkh Arcturus Ihsahn Ulver US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus: La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight USA Records NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 5 days
ENTHRALL - subterranean movement Arcturus Cryogenic US $9.90 Buy It Now 5 days
atra hora - lost in the depths, arcturus tulus tartaros mysticum necromantia US $5.99 [0 bids]
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus (CD, Jun-1997, Century Media (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Disguised Masters by Arcturus (CD, Feb-2001, Cargo) US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Arcturus Reconstellation Cd US $15.00 [0 bids]
KRIS RYGG (Arcturus) - Magazine Poster US $7.64 Buy It Now 6 days
SANCTUS Aeon Sky CD NEW SEALED Dimmu Borgir Urfaust Watain Emperor Arcturus US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THOU SHALT SUFFER Embroidered Logo PATCH Emperor Ihsahn Zyklon Arcturus US $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
ULVER Embroidered Logo PATCH Dodheimsgard DHG Arcturus Emperor US $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
SPACE MIRRORS-MEMORIES OF THE FUTURE (2006) SPACE ROCK/METAL HAWKWIND ARCTURUS US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $11.06 Buy It Now 6 days
ENSLAVED T-SHIRT OPETH Emperor Arcturus Windir Immortal Borknagar MAYHEM US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DODHEIMSGARD T-SHIRT Ved Buens Ende Thorns Arcturus Blacklodge Mysticum Manes US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
REMMIRATH - Polis Rouge ARCTURUS HELHEIM US $8.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Rod wallace-voyage to arcturus 7" EX/V/G US $3.38 Buy It Now 8 days
Halpern, S/Rothschild, H-Healing Sounds From Arcturus CD NEW US $13.30 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE - GREY VINYL - 2 LP ulver sham mirrors US $25.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus The Curse And Loss Of Divinity - Anime Soundtrack Japan 3CD OST-ARC US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $37.33 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $37.33 Buy It Now 9 days
Borknagar - The Archaic Course - sealed vinyl - lp record - arcturus singer! US $26.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES - sealed vinyl - record LP ulver US $26.99 Buy It Now 9 days
GRIEVANCE"S/T"ORG cd Head Not Found 98,Arcturus,Mundanus Imperium US $21.99 Buy It Now 9 days
ULVER Messe I.X - VI.X CD chamber music + dark prog ihsahn univers zero arcturus US $14.98 Buy It Now 10 days
ULVER The Norwegian National Opera CD+DVD dark chamber prog ihsahn arcturus NEW US $16.98 Buy It Now 10 days
ULVER Wars Of The Roses CD DIGIBOOK dark jazzy prog/pop arcturus manes Hexvessel US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA - NEW CD US $7.29 Buy It Now 10 days
ARCTURUS - MASQUERADE INFERNALE NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 10 days
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (CD, Oct-1997, MFN) First Pressing CDMFN 230 US $10.79 Buy It Now 10 days
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (CD, Jun-2003, Candlelight Records) US $7.19 Buy It Now 10 days
Sideshow Symphonies by Arcturus (CD, Sep-2005, Season of Mist) US $11.01 Buy It Now 10 days
Arcturus Sideshow Symphonies CD (2005) Norway metal band US $14.07 Buy It Now 10 days
ARCTURUS - LA MASQUERADE - CANDLE078CD US $19.69 Buy It Now 11 days
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS - AACD001 US $22.90 Buy It Now 11 days
GARTH ARUM The Dawn Of A New Creation CD prog metal arcturus sigh solefald NEW US $11.98 Buy It Now 11 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS - CANDLE067CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 11 days
HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM - MURDER CONTROL CD New ULVER Arcturus US $13.56 Buy It Now 11 days
Ulver / Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler JAPAN Arcturus Borknagar New Rare!!! US $124.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale [CD New] US $10.11 Buy It Now 11 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy ARCTURUS music online Buy ARCTURUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCTURUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) ratings distribution

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) reviews

Review by Trickster F.
1 stars This isn't the music you'd listen to before going to bed...

Arcturus, one of the most popular artists in modern Progressive Music have managed to progress amazingly well. None of their releases, unless you count Constellation which sounded a lot like its successor(obviously), were similar at all, meaning mood, sound, as well as feel. My Angel, a really short EP released before the arrival of Garm, with a line-up of three people, two of which would never leave the group(Hellhammer on drums, and main composer keyboardist Sverd who also plays the guitars on this album), doesn't show the group's bright future at all, however, it already reveals the existence of a Norwegian group that isn't afraid to stay away from generic ideas in the air at the time but create their own unique music instead.

The title track My Angel opens the album. It doesn't sound like anything I have ever heard in my life. Describing the 'feel' of the sound is impossible for that reason, but those of you into Funeral Doom should know what it is the closest comparison here. It is a minimalistic, even ambient track with good bass parts, atmospheric appropriately touched keyboards, Hellhammer's neat drumming and vocals full of despair(they're artificial though). The lyrics here are even more minimalistic than the music itself repeating the cheesy line I need you, I love you, you're my angel over and over. What I'm describing doesn't sound pleasant and this really isn't a song one would enjoy. This is really a disturbing journey through a sick desperate mind, and one should listen it to fully form an opinion, although you can't deny it is the most disgusting, scariest 6 minutes of music created on Earth. Morax is the only other track here, very inchohensive and more aggressive than the title track. Some of the moments here hint on what would come later - in fact, I can guess that they returned to this song during their career to take away some parts and form into others. It is interesting because of its historical value, but as a whole is terribly crafted. Sverd plays the guitars here as well, although different people would perform the guitar duties on the other Arcturus albums.

What is left to say is that I simply have no idea how I would rate this album. I could give it any rating from one to four stars that wouldn't really contradict my opinion on the release, however, I've decided to give it the worst rating since nobody would search for this album on his own, since it was released for about 1000 copies more than 10 years ago, and also because it was later remastered and re-released on Aspera Heims Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel(with two others albums), which I suggest for your pre-La Masquerade Infernale Arcturus needs. Interesting, but I am no longer surprised to hear that nobody wants to re- experience this album after listening to it once. I feel strangely tempted to listen to it from time to time, so you can say it is fascinating enough.

Send comments to Trickster F. (BETA) | Report this review (#74277) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 07, 2006

Review by UMUR
2 stars "My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released through Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was re-released in 2000 by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music on "My Angel" is not yet in the symphonic/avant garde keyboard driven black metal style that Arcturus are mostly known for on later releases. It´s more a slow and repetitive type of death metal. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship on the EP are decent. Nothing special or too creative are going on but it´s not bad either. The sound production is a bit murky but again it´s not bad. Upon conclusion "My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties (where most of the bands had strong death metal leanings). I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2.5 star (50%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#213475) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009

2 stars I have deliberately hurt and I have deliberately tried to understand why. I casually tried to figure out what was the Black Metal and Death Metal. There are things that I like very much and things that I hate. "My Angel" is one of the things that like me. A strange EP, delivered by a band that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#769988) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 songs in this 7 Ep: My angel and Morax. In Black Metal style. One my friend said that this Ep is epochal for Black Metal. But I answer to this sentence in with these words: only for Black Metal. Ok, My Angel is a butcher (in every sense) but Morax is too much reflective. Ok, My Angel is an epo ... (read more)

Report this review (#156540) | Posted by Stige | Tuesday, December 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars MY ANGEL True Black Metal. This is this 7". Extreme important for Black Metal movement is extreme indicated for completionists in Prog field. Because isn't Prog and if you not know the Black Metal scene... Isn't a single for you. In every case "My Angel" is a great Black Metal song with great ... (read more)

Report this review (#146737) | Posted by Lady In Black | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCTURUS "My Angel (vinyl)"