MY ANGEL (VINYL)

- Marius / Bass, Vocals
- Steinar/ Guitar, Keyboards
- Ian / Drums

Putrefaction Records (1991)
Re-mastered in 2000 by Spikefarm Records and included on 'True Kings Of Norway' compilation (Naula 006)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) Music

Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003
Vinyl$36.99
Constellation (Vinyl)Constellation (Vinyl)
Kyrck
Vinyl$89.98
KOROVAKILL Waterhells CD avant black metal a la arcturus sigh dodheimsgard NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Borknagar - self Titled (Gorgoroth, Immortal, Arcturus, Emperor, Darkthrone) OOP US $20.00 [0 bids]
THANATOSCHIZO Zoom Code CD Portugese avant prog metal Arcturus Secret Chiefs 3 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD 2005 avant-garde black metal Norway US $13.95 Buy It Now 12h 39m
atra hora - lost in the depths, arcturus tulus tartaros mysticum necromantia US $5.99 [0 bids]
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
CORVUS CORAX - THE ATAVISTIC TRIAD 2000 1PR SEALED! ULVER ARCTURUS THE RED KING US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 50m
ARCTURUS - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES NEW CD US $18.13 Buy It Now 17h 16m
VIRUS "The Black Flux" LP ved buens ende arcturus manes US $32.26 Buy It Now 19h 11m
FLEURETY "Evoco Bestias" 7" virus dodheimsgard arcturus manes US $11.29 Buy It Now 19h 11m
SIGH "Imaginary Sonicscape" CD mayhem arcturus US $16.13 Buy It Now 19h 12m
VARIOUS "Nordic Metal" CD mayhem emperor dissection arcturus US $18.55 Buy It Now 19h 12m
ANGST SKVADRON "The Alien" 7" urgehal arcturus virus US $11.29 Buy It Now 19h 13m
DHG-SUPERVILLIAN OUTCAST(DODHEIMSGARD)-CD-avant-garde-mayhem-aborym-arcturus US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
ARS MORIENDI La singuliere noirceur d'un astre ARCTURUS ULVER EMPEROR SOLEFALD US $10.00 Buy It Now 22h 57m
Sideshow Symphonies - Arcturus New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $27.70 Buy It Now 1 day
SIGH Gallows Gallery CD Baphomet Records Japanese avant black metal arcturus NEW US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Thy Catafalque: Rengeteg, Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Negura Bunget, Drudkh US $7.99 [0 bids]
BORKNAGAR-THE OLDEN DOMAIN enslaved,ulver,arcturus,gorgoroth 1997 CENTURY BLACK! US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wigrid ?- Die Asche Eines Leben LP/mayhem/arcturus/ulver/enslaved/rotting christ US $28.99 [0 bids]
Blodarv ?- Soulcollector... The Thousand Years Tale LP+7''/arcturus/isolation US $24.99 [0 bids]
DIMMU BORGIR For All Tid PROMO CD Japan+4 w/OBI 1999 Arcturus Borknagar Mayhem US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Limbonic Art- Ad Noctum-Dynasty Of Death 2LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/rotting/absu US $26.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW CD US $21.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus - La Masquerade NEW CD US $21.02 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel 2xCD avant symphonic black US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale CD avant symphonic black metal Ulver Mayhem NEW US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Arcturus La Masquerade Infernale CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MISTA CHARGE: Show Me (What You're Made Of)/Down On Arcturus (disco VG++ vinyl) US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sham Mirrors - Arcturus New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Century Media Distro(sampler 2 cd)Watain Arcturus Master Sybreed pyramaze US $0.99 [0 bids]
WREODAN HEALH Laecig demo tape Dimmu Borgir Emperor Abigor Arcturus Mayhem US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Empyrium Songs Of Moors And Misty Fields cd Emperor, Enslave, Arcturus, rare US $20.00 [1 bids]
Ulver Bergtatt cd Arcturus, Mayhem, Immortal, black metal, rare US $45.00 [0 bids]
KATATONIA "For Funerals to Come..." LP opeth arcturus US $29.04 Buy It Now 2 days
Vulture Industries X/50 White Vinyl LP The Tower CD + Print Satyricon Arcturus US $85.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MACTATUS - The Complex Bewitchment CD '99 - MINT Black Napalm Arcturus Borknagar US $6.45 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
movimento d'avanguardia ermetico - stelle senza luce, nokturnal mortum arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
ad astra - one single cause, arcturus tartaros tulus shining nyktalgia nargaroth US $5.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies-digi-borknagar-dimmu-cradle-black-avantgarde US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IGNIS FATUUS WHISPERS 2000 SELFRELEASE ARCTURUS DREAM THEATER SIEGES EVEN LETHAL US $48.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies Ltd LP Vinyl Record US $28.02 Buy It Now 2 days
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - BLOOD054 US $21.07 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus : The Sham Mirrors CD (2002) US $20.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Ihsahn Eremita 2x12" Double LP Emperor Peccatum Enslaved Arcturus Ulver Shining US $22.00 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIE SEALED CD NEW US $6.69 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - METAMORPHOSIS (CD (EP) 1999 Trick) W/ GARM (BORKNAGAR, ARCTURUS) IMPORT* US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus-Sideshow Symphonies CD dimmu borgir, emperor, immortal, enslaved US $3.99 [0 bids]
Sideshow Symphonies [12 inch Analog] Arcturus LP Record US $51.18 Buy It Now 3 days
ICS Vortex: Storm Seeker CD 2011 I.C.S. Arcturus Century Media Records 8817-2 US $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Arcturus - Shipwrecked In Oslo NEW 2 x LP US $39.86 Buy It Now 3 days
ULVER - WAR OF THE ROSES LP vinyl record arcturus US $32.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus *New CD* US $7.47 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCTURUS SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES CD US $5.27 Buy It Now 3 days
SAPFHIER black plague CD vintersorg fimbulwinter arcturus mysticum hellveto US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintersorg - Solens Rotter CD. Folk Metal Borknagar Arcturus Ulver Enslaved US $6.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS**ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA CONSTELLATION MY ANGEL (LTD ED)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS NEW CD US $18.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus : La Masquerade Infernal CD (1997) US $11.03 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS - The Sham Mirrors (CD, 2002, The End Records) US $5.49 [0 bids]
LACRIMAE - White Pest CD 2009 American Line Black Rare OOP Arcturus US $3.00 [0 bids]
Morgul All Dead Here... NEW arcturus dimmu borgir ships fast not a promo US $2.99 [0 bids]
ICS Vortex - STORM SEEKER ltd blue vinyl LP album Arcturus Dimmu Borgir exc cond US $21.78 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA / MY ANGEL - BLUE VINYL 2 LP ulver agalloch US $31.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight Records black metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 4 days
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 5 days
DIVINA ENEMA-TO WIGHT SHALT NEVER SHINE OOP 1999 KING DIAMOND ARCTURUS RARE!!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
WINGS-DIATRIBE 1 PRESS 1995 WOODCUT CUT 001 ARCTURUS BARATHRUM RARE!!! US $16.66 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia / Constellation / My Angel 2CD 2003 Candlelight US $11.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia (+ Constellation/My Angel - Remastered CD 2002) US $17.73 Buy It Now 5 days
DIABOLI kirous ORIG 2004 NORTHERN HERITAGE-alcest,agalloch,wintersun,arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
APRIL ETHEREAL-ADVENT ORG HERMH LUX OCCULTA ARCTURUS US $6.66 Buy It Now 6 days
Dodheimsgard Kronet Til Konge cd Mayhem, Darkthrone, Satyricon, Arcturus, rare US $60.00 [0 bids]
Tiamat Sumerian Cry cd Samael, Emperor, Treblinka, Mayhem, Arcturus, rare US $30.00 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale Ltd Colv Ogv LP Vinyl Record US $36.13 Buy It Now 6 days
MISANTHROPE sadistic sexcd +3 bonus ( arcturus , opeth US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ENSLAVED - RIITIIR CD NEW EMPEROR OPETH ARCTURUS IMMORTAL AGALLOCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
EMPYRIUM A WINTERSUNSET 1996 PROPHECY PROD. IN THE WOODS ARCTURUS LIFELOVER US $21.99 Buy It Now 7 days
First Mystery cd Spirit Nation (1993, Arcturus) NEW sealed 15tk OOP 783077140724 US $49.95 Buy It Now 7 days
LUNATIC GODS Ante Portas CD Slovakian avant death metal arcturus Thy Catafalque US $11.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Atrox-Binocular cd digipack new Arcturus Opeth Ihsahn Cynic progressive metal US $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Aspera Hiems Symfonia by Arcturus (CD, Jun-2002, Candlelight Records) US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Transcending Bizarre? The four scissors CD (ULVER,ARCTURUS,MR BUNGLE) US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
HAGGARD and thou shalt...ORIG 1997 SERENADES RE-alcest,agalloch,therion,arcturus US $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ARCTURUS LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE-VG USED RARE 1997 PONY CANYON JAPAN IMPORT CD US $4.96 [0 bids]
Ulver - Wars Of The Roses LP ( Agalloch - Borknagar - Empyrium - Arcturus ) US $34.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Thy Catafalque-Rengeteg ltd ed digi Enslaved Drudkh Arcturus Ihsahn Ulver US $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE - GREY VINYL - 2 LP ulver sham mirrors US $25.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus: La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight USA Records CDL0041CD NEW US $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
ENTHRALL - subterranean movement Arcturus Cryogenic US $9.90 Buy It Now 8 days
V/A - "NORDIC METAL" 2 X LP mayhem mysticum emperor arcturus thorns US $40.33 [0 bids]
KRIS RYGG (Arcturus) - Magazine Poster US $7.26 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus-The Sham Mirrors / Disguised Masters Vol. 2 (Agat Rec) Russian Press US $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - AQUAMARINE / BLACK VINYL - 2 LP ulver US $40.49 Buy It Now 9 days
REMMIRATH - Polis Rouge ARCTURUS HELHEIM US $8.90 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ARCTURUS music online Buy ARCTURUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCTURUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) ratings distribution

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) reviews

Review by Trickster F.
1 stars This isn't the music you'd listen to before going to bed...

Arcturus, one of the most popular artists in modern Progressive Music have managed to progress amazingly well. None of their releases, unless you count Constellation which sounded a lot like its successor(obviously), were similar at all, meaning mood, sound, as well as feel. My Angel, a really short EP released before the arrival of Garm, with a line-up of three people, two of which would never leave the group(Hellhammer on drums, and main composer keyboardist Sverd who also plays the guitars on this album), doesn't show the group's bright future at all, however, it already reveals the existence of a Norwegian group that isn't afraid to stay away from generic ideas in the air at the time but create their own unique music instead.

The title track My Angel opens the album. It doesn't sound like anything I have ever heard in my life. Describing the 'feel' of the sound is impossible for that reason, but those of you into Funeral Doom should know what it is the closest comparison here. It is a minimalistic, even ambient track with good bass parts, atmospheric appropriately touched keyboards, Hellhammer's neat drumming and vocals full of despair(they're artificial though). The lyrics here are even more minimalistic than the music itself repeating the cheesy line I need you, I love you, you're my angel over and over. What I'm describing doesn't sound pleasant and this really isn't a song one would enjoy. This is really a disturbing journey through a sick desperate mind, and one should listen it to fully form an opinion, although you can't deny it is the most disgusting, scariest 6 minutes of music created on Earth. Morax is the only other track here, very inchohensive and more aggressive than the title track. Some of the moments here hint on what would come later - in fact, I can guess that they returned to this song during their career to take away some parts and form into others. It is interesting because of its historical value, but as a whole is terribly crafted. Sverd plays the guitars here as well, although different people would perform the guitar duties on the other Arcturus albums.

What is left to say is that I simply have no idea how I would rate this album. I could give it any rating from one to four stars that wouldn't really contradict my opinion on the release, however, I've decided to give it the worst rating since nobody would search for this album on his own, since it was released for about 1000 copies more than 10 years ago, and also because it was later remastered and re-released on Aspera Heims Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel(with two others albums), which I suggest for your pre-La Masquerade Infernale Arcturus needs. Interesting, but I am no longer surprised to hear that nobody wants to re- experience this album after listening to it once. I feel strangely tempted to listen to it from time to time, so you can say it is fascinating enough.

Send comments to Trickster F. (BETA) | Report this review (#74277) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 07, 2006

Review by UMUR
2 stars "My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released through Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was re-released in 2000 by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music on "My Angel" is not yet in the symphonic/avant garde keyboard driven black metal style that Arcturus are mostly known for on later releases. Itīs more a slow and repetitive type of death metal. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship on the EP are decent. Nothing special or too creative are going on but itīs not bad either. The sound production is a bit murky but again itīs not bad. Upon conclusion "My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties (where most of the bands had strong death metal leanings). I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2.5 star (50%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#213475) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009

2 stars I have deliberately hurt and I have deliberately tried to understand why. I casually tried to figure out what was the Black Metal and Death Metal. There are things that I like very much and things that I hate. "My Angel" is one of the things that like me. A strange EP, delivered by a band that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#769988) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 songs in this 7 Ep: My angel and Morax. In Black Metal style. One my friend said that this Ep is epochal for Black Metal. But I answer to this sentence in with these words: only for Black Metal. Ok, My Angel is a butcher (in every sense) but Morax is too much reflective. Ok, My Angel is an epo ... (read more)

Report this review (#156540) | Posted by Stige | Tuesday, December 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars MY ANGEL True Black Metal. This is this 7". Extreme important for Black Metal movement is extreme indicated for completionists in Prog field. Because isn't Prog and if you not know the Black Metal scene... Isn't a single for you. In every case "My Angel" is a great Black Metal song with great ... (read more)

Report this review (#146737) | Posted by Lady In Black | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCTURUS "My Angel (vinyl)"