MY ANGEL (VINYL)

- Marius / Bass, Vocals
- Steinar/ Guitar, Keyboards
- Ian / Drums

Putrefaction Records (1991)
Re-mastered in 2000 by Spikefarm Records and included on 'True Kings Of Norway' compilation (Naula 006)

Thanks to MANDRAKEROOT for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

ARCTURUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) Music

The Sham MirrorsThe Sham Mirrors
The End Records 2002
Sideshow SymphoniesSideshow Symphonies
Season of Mist 2005
Aspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My AngelAspera hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel
Candlelight 2003
Vinyl$89.98
Aspera & Constella [Vinyl]Aspera & Constella [Vinyl]
2008
Vinyl$36.99
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia / Constellation / My Angel 2CD 2003 Candlelight US $11.95 Buy It Now 59m 40s
DIABOLI kirous ORIG 2004 NORTHERN HERITAGE-alcest,agalloch,wintersun,arcturus US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 5m
APRIL ETHEREAL-ADVENT ORG HERMH LUX OCCULTA ARCTURUS US $6.66 Buy It Now 15h 15m
Desolation - The Stone Oracles CD Carcass Arcturus Opeth US $3.32 [0 bids]
Dark Rhapsodies Mayhem Nightfall Katatonia Septic Flesh Arcturus Greek CD Promo US $11.98 [0 bids]
atra hora - lost in the depths, arcturus tulus tartaros mysticum necromantia US $5.99 [0 bids]
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale Ltd Colv Ogv LP Vinyl Record US $36.13 Buy It Now 1 day
MISANTHROPE sadistic sexcd +3 bonus ( arcturus , opeth US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Century Media Distro(sampler 2 cd)Watain Arcturus Master Sybreed pyramaze US $0.99 [0 bids]
ENSLAVED - RIITIIR CD NEW EMPEROR OPETH ARCTURUS IMMORTAL AGALLOCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRELLDOM Til Minne.. RARE CD PROMO Darkthrone Gorgoroth Arcturus Satyricon Ulver US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LUNATIC GODS Ante Portas CD Slovakian avant death metal arcturus Thy Catafalque US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Atrox-Binocular cd digipack new Arcturus Opeth Ihsahn Cynic progressive metal US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Transcending Bizarre? The four scissors CD (ULVER,ARCTURUS,MR BUNGLE) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HAGGARD and thou shalt...ORIG 1997 SERENADES RE-alcest,agalloch,therion,arcturus US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ulver - Wars Of The Roses LP ( Agalloch - Borknagar - Empyrium - Arcturus ) US $34.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Ulver - Nightshadows of the Rose Wolf T-SHIRT M Agalloch Fen Arcturus Empyrium US $18.99 [1 bids]
Thy Catafalque-Rengeteg ltd ed digi Enslaved Drudkh Arcturus Ihsahn Ulver US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Arcturus: La Masquerade Infernale CD 2005 Candlelight USA Records NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ENTHRALL - subterranean movement Arcturus Cryogenic US $9.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $0.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTSKY BEQUEST -Keep The cd Arcturus Ulver Katatonia OOP !!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Limbonic Art- Ad Noctum-Dynasty Of Death 2LP/mayhem/arcturus/marduk/rotting/absu US $26.99 [0 bids]
Borknagar-The olden domain PIC /marduk/mayhem/ulver/nargaroth/arcturus/satyricon US $23.99 [0 bids]
KRIS RYGG (Arcturus) - Magazine Poster US $7.46 Buy It Now 3 days
WARZONE METAL INVADER Carpathian Forest Thyrfing Avalon Arcturus Paradox Cage US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SANCTUS Aeon Sky CD NEW SEALED Dimmu Borgir Urfaust Watain Emperor Arcturus US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO - AQUAMARINE / BLACK VINYL - 2 LP ulver US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ARCTURUS EMBROIDERED PATCH US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAYHEM dawn of the black hearts emperor mayhem satyricon abigor arcturus cd lp US $10.00 [0 bids]
MAYHEM live in liepzig emperor mayhem satyricon abigor arcturus beherit cd lp US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $11.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Disguised Masters by Arcturus (CD, Feb-2001, Cargo) US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Sham Mirrors by Arcturus (CD, Apr-2002, The End) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Arcturus Reconstellation Cd US $15.00 [0 bids]
REMMIRATH - Polis Rouge ARCTURUS HELHEIM US $8.90 Buy It Now 4 days
ARCTURUS "Constellation" CD US $120.00 [1 bids]
THOU SHALT SUFFER Embroidered Logo PATCH Emperor Ihsahn Zyklon Arcturus US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ULVER - SVIDD NEGER - BLACK VINYL - LP import arcturus perdition city US $35.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Black Metal Compilation CD Emperor Mayhem Ulver Satyricon Opeth Samael Arcturus US $6.66 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale, CASSETTE US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ARCTURUS The Sham Mirrors, CASSETTE US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MAYHEM Live In Jessheim Norway 12" Vinyl LP Morbid Arcturus LMTD 250 US $26.66 [0 bids]
Rod wallace-voyage to arcturus 7" EX/V/G US $3.30 Buy It Now 5 days
SPACE MIRRORS-MEMORIES OF THE FUTURE (2006) SPACE ROCK/METAL HAWKWIND ARCTURUS US $2.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS "Aspera Hiems Symfonia" (RARE 1st USA press)Mayhem,Vinterland,Marduk US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Morgul All Dead Here... NEW arcturus dimmu borgir ships fast not a promo US $2.99 [0 bids]
At the End of Infinity: Various Artists CD) AGGALOCH ARCTURUS WINDS VIRGIN BLACK US $7.99 [0 bids]
potentian - years in the shadows, solstafir agalloch drudkh alcest fen arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
sanctus daemoneon - the unaVOIDable, manes ulver fen arcturus tulus darkspace US $5.99 [0 bids]
kalki avatara - mantra for the end of times , manes ulver arcturus melechesh fen US $5.99 [0 bids]
movimento d'avanguardia ermetico - stelle senza luce, nokturnal mortum arcturus US $5.99 [0 bids]
ad astra - one single cause, arcturus tartaros tulus shining nyktalgia nargaroth US $5.99 [0 bids]
inner missing - the age of silence, arcturus tartaros tulus woods of ypres ulver US $5.99 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS - LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE - GREY VINYL - 2 LP ulver sham mirrors US $25.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ARCTURUS La Masquerade Infernale CD black metal ulver borknagar ved buens ende US $3.00 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS The Sham Mirrors CD black metal ulver borknagar ved buens ende emperor US $2.00 [0 bids]
ARCTURUS: Reconstellation CD VERY RARE US $35.49 Buy It Now 6 days
MP3 TIAMAT Wurdulak ARCTURUS Eternal Elysium MOON THEORY Skinlab IRONBOSS CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Arcturus The Curse And Loss Of Divinity - Anime Soundtrack Japan 3CD OST-ARC US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors [CD New] US $22.63 Buy It Now 6 days
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS NEW CD US $29.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $36.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $36.45 Buy It Now 6 days
Borknagar - The Archaic Course - sealed vinyl - lp record - arcturus singer! US $26.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Arcturus - SIDESHOW SYMPHONIES - sealed vinyl - record LP ulver US $26.99 Buy It Now 6 days
GRIEVANCE"S/T"ORG cd Head Not Found 98,Arcturus,Mundanus Imperium US $21.99 Buy It Now 6 days
TRUE KINGS OF NORWAY - 5 WAY SPLIT Immortal Ancient Emperor Arcturus!!! US $69.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia - Sealed Gatefold 2 x 180g Coloured Vinyl LP g US $33.07 Buy It Now 7 days
ULVER Messe I.X - VI.X CD chamber music + dark prog ihsahn univers zero arcturus US $14.98 Buy It Now 7 days
ULVER The Norwegian National Opera CD+DVD dark chamber prog ihsahn arcturus NEW US $16.98 Buy It Now 7 days
ULVER Wars Of The Roses CD DIGIBOOK dark jazzy prog/pop arcturus manes Hexvessel US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS SYMFONIA - NEW CD US $7.04 Buy It Now 7 days
ARCTURUS - MASQUERADE INFERNALE NEW CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 7 days
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (CD, Oct-1997, MFN) First Pressing CDMFN 230 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Sideshow Symphonies by Arcturus (CD, Sep-2005, Season of Mist) US $11.01 Buy It Now 8 days
La Masquerade Infernale by Arcturus (CD, Jun-2003, Candlelight Records) US $7.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus Sideshow Symphonies CD (2005) Norway metal band US $13.93 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - LA MASQUERADE - CANDLE078CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - SHAM MIRRORS - AACD001 US $21.57 Buy It Now 8 days
GARTH ARUM The Dawn Of A New Creation CD prog metal arcturus sigh solefald NEW US $11.98 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - ASPERA HIEMS - CANDLE067CD US $23.29 Buy It Now 8 days
HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM - MURDER CONTROL CD New ULVER Arcturus US $13.25 Buy It Now 8 days
Ulver / Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler JAPAN Arcturus Borknagar New Rare!!! US $124.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus - Masquerade Infernale [CD New] US $10.11 Buy It Now 8 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia [Vinyl New] US $29.48 Buy It Now 8 days
Shipwrecked in Oslo by Arcturus UK CD, Live 2005 US $17.56 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS**LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE (180 GRAM/LIMITED ED/GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $25.50 Buy It Now 8 days
VED BUENS ENDE EMBROIDER PATCH DOOM AVANTGARDE DODHEIMSGARD ARCTURUS Metal Negro US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
GRIEVANCE"S/T"ORG cd Head Not Found 98,Arcturus,Mundanus Imperium US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ARCTURUS - SHIPWRECKED IN OSLO NEW CD US $23.45 Buy It Now 9 days
ARCTURUS LA MASQUERADE INFERNALE-VG USED RARE 1997 PONY CANYON JAPAN IMPORT CD US $12.46 Buy It Now 9 days
ULVER - The Norwegian National Opera - LIVE IMPORT 2 LP vinyl arcturus US $40.22 Buy It Now 9 days
ULVER Shadows Of The Sun CD norwegian dark kosmische prog manes ihsahn arcturus US $13.98 Buy It Now 9 days
WINDS Prominence And Demise CD prog metal solefald arcturus spiral architect NEW US $11.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems (NEW CD) US $22.78 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - Sham Mirrors (NEW CD) US $22.78 Buy It Now 9 days
Arcturus - La Masquerade (NEW CD) US $22.78 Buy It Now 9 days
Empyrium "The Turn of the Tides" LP + Poster enslaved opeth agalloch arcturus US $44.90 Buy It Now 9 days
MISTA CHARGE show me 7" b/w down on arcturus (tgt112) uk target 1976 US $8.27 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ARCTURUS music online Buy ARCTURUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCTURUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) ratings distribution

ARCTURUS My Angel (vinyl) reviews

Review by Trickster F.
1 stars This isn't the music you'd listen to before going to bed...

Arcturus, one of the most popular artists in modern Progressive Music have managed to progress amazingly well. None of their releases, unless you count Constellation which sounded a lot like its successor(obviously), were similar at all, meaning mood, sound, as well as feel. My Angel, a really short EP released before the arrival of Garm, with a line-up of three people, two of which would never leave the group(Hellhammer on drums, and main composer keyboardist Sverd who also plays the guitars on this album), doesn't show the group's bright future at all, however, it already reveals the existence of a Norwegian group that isn't afraid to stay away from generic ideas in the air at the time but create their own unique music instead.

The title track My Angel opens the album. It doesn't sound like anything I have ever heard in my life. Describing the 'feel' of the sound is impossible for that reason, but those of you into Funeral Doom should know what it is the closest comparison here. It is a minimalistic, even ambient track with good bass parts, atmospheric appropriately touched keyboards, Hellhammer's neat drumming and vocals full of despair(they're artificial though). The lyrics here are even more minimalistic than the music itself repeating the cheesy line I need you, I love you, you're my angel over and over. What I'm describing doesn't sound pleasant and this really isn't a song one would enjoy. This is really a disturbing journey through a sick desperate mind, and one should listen it to fully form an opinion, although you can't deny it is the most disgusting, scariest 6 minutes of music created on Earth. Morax is the only other track here, very inchohensive and more aggressive than the title track. Some of the moments here hint on what would come later - in fact, I can guess that they returned to this song during their career to take away some parts and form into others. It is interesting because of its historical value, but as a whole is terribly crafted. Sverd plays the guitars here as well, although different people would perform the guitar duties on the other Arcturus albums.

What is left to say is that I simply have no idea how I would rate this album. I could give it any rating from one to four stars that wouldn't really contradict my opinion on the release, however, I've decided to give it the worst rating since nobody would search for this album on his own, since it was released for about 1000 copies more than 10 years ago, and also because it was later remastered and re-released on Aspera Heims Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel(with two others albums), which I suggest for your pre-La Masquerade Infernale Arcturus needs. Interesting, but I am no longer surprised to hear that nobody wants to re- experience this album after listening to it once. I feel strangely tempted to listen to it from time to time, so you can say it is fascinating enough.

Send comments to Trickster F. (BETA) | Report this review (#74277) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 07, 2006

Review by UMUR
2 stars "My Angel" is the first official release by Norwegian black metal act Arcturus after they changed their name from Mortem. "My Angel" is a two-song, 12:22 minute long vinyl EP. It was released through Putrefaction Records in 1991. The EP was re-released in 2000 by Spikefarm Records as part of a compilation called "True Kings of Norway" along with early EPs by four other Norwegian black metal bands (Emperor, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Ancient). The EP is also included on the Arcturus compilation album "Aspera Hiems Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel (2002)" which was released by Candlelight Records. The lineup for this EP consisted of Marius Vold (vocals, Bass), Steiner Sverd Johnsen (Keyboards, Guitars) and Hellhammer (Drums).

The music on "My Angel" is not yet in the symphonic/avant garde keyboard driven black metal style that Arcturus are mostly known for on later releases. Itīs more a slow and repetitive type of death metal. The keyboards provide the music with an almost horror movie like quality at times. The title track features some goth elements too. The vocals on the EP are growls.

The musicianship on the EP are decent. Nothing special or too creative are going on but itīs not bad either. The sound production is a bit murky but again itīs not bad. Upon conclusion "My Angel" is probably mostly of interest to the hardcore fans of the band but it is also an interesting insight into what happened on the early Norwegian black metal scene of the nineties (where most of the bands had strong death metal leanings). I find it more of a curiosity than anything though and a 2.5 star (50%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#213475) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 03, 2009

2 stars I have deliberately hurt and I have deliberately tried to understand why. I casually tried to figure out what was the Black Metal and Death Metal. There are things that I like very much and things that I hate. "My Angel" is one of the things that like me. A strange EP, delivered by a band that s ... (read more)

Report this review (#769988) | Posted by 1967/ 1976 | Wednesday, June 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars 2 songs in this 7 Ep: My angel and Morax. In Black Metal style. One my friend said that this Ep is epochal for Black Metal. But I answer to this sentence in with these words: only for Black Metal. Ok, My Angel is a butcher (in every sense) but Morax is too much reflective. Ok, My Angel is an epo ... (read more)

Report this review (#156540) | Posted by Stige | Tuesday, December 25, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars MY ANGEL True Black Metal. This is this 7". Extreme important for Black Metal movement is extreme indicated for completionists in Prog field. Because isn't Prog and if you not know the Black Metal scene... Isn't a single for you. In every case "My Angel" is a great Black Metal song with great ... (read more)

Report this review (#146737) | Posted by Lady In Black | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCTURUS "My Angel (vinyl)"