A SOUND RELIEF

2. Broken Glass (5:25)
3. Rescue Me (6:39)
4. Alone (4:25)
5. Travel (8:09)
6. Red Is A Slow Colour (5:42)
7. A Life All Mine (4:36)
8. Golden Grounds (4:32)
9. Amity (5:26)
10. In Motion #2 (4:05)
11. Marooned (5:44)
12. Souvenirs (:00)
13. Like Fountains (5:22)
14. Herbal Movement (5:33)
15. Credits [5:49]

DVD 2 [Bonus Features]

1. Marooned (5:42)
2. The Big Sleep (5:13)
3. Alone (4:17)
4. Broken Glass (5:21)
5. A Life All Mine (4:41)
6. Red Is A Slow Colour (5:32)

+Tour Impression 2004
+Dutch TV Special: 15 Years "The Gathering"
+Italian TV Special
+Animation Music Clips: "Marooned"; "The Big Sleep"; "Alone"; "Broken Glass"; "A Life All Mine"; "Red Is A Slow Colour"...

Total Time: 178 min
English - Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS

Search THE GATHERING A Sound Relief lyrics

Search THE GATHERING A Sound Relief tabs

Thanks to A. F. Doyle for the addition

THE GATHERING MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE GATHERING A Sound Relief Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
SouvenirsSouvenirs
HomeHome
The End Records 2006
Sleepy BuildingsSleepy Buildings
Imports 2004

More places to buy THE GATHERING music online Buy THE GATHERING & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE GATHERING DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE GATHERING A Sound Relief ratings distribution

THE GATHERING A Sound Relief reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Actually not Metal if you ask me, more like, well, not sure what it is, but it's beautiful. Amazing like a calm, more ambient parts of Porcupine Tree, managing to get you into halucination-like trance, being caught in a rhythm that flows forward so easily, like a Prog coloured river that can grant you few wishes. One of them would it hope that this flow will never end for sure.

Not exactly the best voice in terms of quality (as far as I can compare), even better than good to be honest, but certainly charming, that's Anneke. Having bass girl isn't still normal, but watching her being fully concentrated on her guitar is "neat". And not just her, all of them seems to take their parts very well, the most visible member here is vocal girl and her performance is almost 100% clear. Not staring directly in front of her all the time, sometimes dreamingly turning sight to upper parts of concert hall, waving and stand-still- dancing, or just enjoying it all, that's how it should be done if you ask me.

Definition of Exp metal is difficult to explain, or comprehend to me. I heard bands here that sounds a little bit like Death Metal, some sounded like Post Rock/Metal hybrid and this, who knows. After all, even I do like doing research, origins, influences, the result is the most important. Impact, how it feels like, what is listening (and watching in this case) like.

And the result is simply breathtaking, Such a harmony without even using cheap tricks. Sounding very original.

5(+), that's perfectly my cup of tea and I dare to say that it will please most people around here. Maybe not Arena-Rock style, but for these more chamber-like performances, it's ideal.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#276479) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 05, 2010

4 stars Wow, no reviews yet for this excellent DVD set? Well then...allow me. I'd like to start off by noting I have this odd habit of buying or borrowing a band DVD before getting their albums, or after getting just one or two. I like live albums, and I like live DVD's even more. The visual aspect r ... (read more)

Report this review (#93167) | Posted by Tailscent | Tuesday, October 03, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE GATHERING "A Sound Relief"