BY THE WAY

Frumpy By The Way album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy FRUMPY Music
Studio Album, released in 1972

1. Goin' To The Country (3:40)
2. By The Way (8:51)
3. Singing Songs (7:02)
4. I'm Afraid Big Moon (6:25)
5. Release (8:50)

- Jean-Jacques Kravetz / keyboards
- Karl Heinz Schott / bass
- Carsten Bohn / drums

LP / Vertigo / 1972
(Remastered by Repertoire Records in 2001)

Thanks to ANDREW for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

FRUMPY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRUMPY By The Way Music

By the WayBy the Way
Repertoire 2002
LP all will be changed ~ USD $22.58
LP frumpy 2 ~ USD $23.45

More places to buy FRUMPY music online Buy FRUMPY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRUMPY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRUMPY By The Way ratings distribution

FRUMPY By The Way reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars Another band that colored my childhood, Frumpy, is now included here. Well, I never considered that this would be featured here even though I really enjoyed this album. The key driving force was Inga Rumpf with the powerful vocal and stunning guitar work. Inga also the driving force that characterized the music of Atlantis. "Singing Song" was once a big hit in my country with some radios broadcasted the song on regular basis. The song has a very nice combination of blues and rock music and a touch of pop as well. The opening part which comprises acoustic guitar rhythm with vocal moves in crescendo into heavier part with stunning guitar work and Kravetz pulsating keyboards. Bass guitar plays important role as well. The title track "By The Way" is a rocker with blues touch, performede energetically by the band, with high energy. Again, Inga's unique vocal has added key musical characteristic of this album. I always treat that this is a classic rock outfit that was successful at its period. You might find this album nothing intensive about prog elements, but for sure this CD is one of my favorite classic rock albums, including Bloodrock 1,2,3 and Typstich. It's pity if Frumpy is included here while Bloodrock and Atlantis are not. Keep on proggin' ..!

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#76067) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 24, 2006

3 stars I remember I've ever asked my father about his decision to buy this album. Personally, I didn't know much about this band. My father just asked me to listen to it and he said that my mother also loved the band. I tried to spin it over and over and as the result, I loved the song called "Singin ... (read more)

Report this review (#99484) | Posted by Fernandi | Sunday, November 19, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FRUMPY "By The Way"