LA VORÁGINE I, PAN NEGRO

Prog Folk

Los Jaivas La Vorágine I, Pan Negro album cover

Buy LOS JAIVAS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. Mañana cuando llegues (11:25)
2. ¿Qué esperas? Tanto tiempo sin verte (11:31)
3. Te amo mujer (5:41)
4. Cancuón del "Gancho" (5:12)
5. Tocamos música de vanguardia ¡y qué! (23:51)

Search LOS JAIVAS La Vorágine I, Pan Negro lyrics

- Mario Mutis / Bass guitar, percussion and also some more
- Gringo David (David Fass) / Harmonica, vocals in tracks 3 and 4

Invited:
Los Blops (The Blops) / Vocais, guitar, flute, percussion in track 5
Many personal friends / Flutes, percussion, shouts and others.

CD Sony Music Entertainment Chile Ltda/Columbia 507052 (2003).
Recorded:
1, 2, 3 - studio recordings, 1969
4 - live recording, 1973
5 - live recording, 1970

Thanks to Nothing At All for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

LOS JAIVAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LOS JAIVAS La Vorágine I, Pan Negro Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Alturas De Macchu PicchuAlturas De Macchu Picchu
Audio CD$292.99 (used)
EN EL BAR-RESTAURANTEN EL BAR-RESTAURANT
Hijos De La TierraHijos De La Tierra
Imports 2007

More places to buy LOS JAIVAS music online Buy LOS JAIVAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LOS JAIVAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LOS JAIVAS La Vorágine I, Pan Negro ratings distribution

LOS JAIVAS La Vorágine I, Pan Negro reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
2 stars In 2003 LOS JAIVAS released their early recordings as a 5 CD series ''La Vorágine I - V''. As we can expect from each CD subtitle, 'Improvisaciones 1969 - 1970', most of them are pure jams. Initially these records are not intended to reach huge commercial success. They are addressed to band's devoted fans and, probably, to fans of the late 60s era, more precious, to its experimental part.

So ''Pan Negro'' is the first CD from this series.

Tracks 1 - 3 are mostly instrumental blues jams with some folk touches. Guitars, bass and drums are main instruments here, though organ, harmonica (played by guest musician Gringo David) and recorder also present. Vocals are ocassional and sometimes, especially on the first track, are quite annoying.

Track 4, 'Cancuón del Gancho' is the only 'real' song here. It's also blues, but, according to the info from CD booklet, it is taken from 1973 recording sessions, when the band concentrated on more focused compositions.

The last track, almost 24-minutes long 'Tocamos música de vanguardia ¡y qué!', is, like it follows from its title, absolutely wild and crazy improvisation. Another Chilean band, LOS BLOPS, took part in this happening. Vanguard fans probably will like it, I can't say the same about other listeners.

Sound quality is high on tracks 1 - 4, on the last track it's rather bootlegish, but not too poor at all.

My rating is 2 stars. You don't need this album if you are unfamiliar with band's classic albums from 1975 - 1984 period. But if you are hardcore LOS JAIVAS fan and would like to know how the whole thing started, this album is for you (though I think even in this case you will not listen to it very often).

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#158660) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Post a review of LOS JAIVAS "La Vorágine I, Pan Negro"