TUDOR LODGE

Prog Folk

Tudor Lodge Tudor Lodge album cover

Buy TUDOR LODGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1970

1. It All Comes Back To Me (4:19)
2. Would You Believe? (2:29)
3. Reflection (3:17)
4. Two Steps Back (2:51)
5. Help Me Find Myself (4:19)
6. Nobody's Listening (3:30)
7. Willow Tree (3:20)
8. Forest (3:34)
9. I See A Man (3:00)
10. Lady's Changing Home (4:36)
11. Madeline (4:03)

Vertigo cat# 6360 043 and Repertoire RR 4064 CX
Reprinted on LP by ZAP in 1988
CD Repertoire Records REP1046

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

TUDOR LODGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TUDOR LODGE Tudor Lodge Music

Tudor LodgeTudor Lodge
Import · Remastered
Esoteric 2011
Let's TalkLet's Talk
Ais 2013
StayStay
Ais 2013
it all comes backit all comes back
Scenescot
RunawayRunaway
Belle Antique
TUDOR LODGE Tudor Lodge MINI LP CD JAPAN US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tudor Lodge- Runaway US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CD-Tudor Lodge 60's UK folk psych US $12.99 [0 bids]
* TUDOR LODGE / JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TUDOR LODGE - TUDOR LODGE - BONUS TRACK NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 3 days
Tudor Lodge - Same(British Folk) KOREA LP PRESSING Very Rare US $54.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Tudor Lodge - Let's Talk CD Cast Iron 1997 Folk Rock US $24.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Tudor Lodge - Deam CD Avalon 1999 Folk Rock US $24.97 Buy It Now 3 days
TUDOR LODGE Tudor Lodge LP AKARMA 180 Gram Reissue OOP MINT US $66.57 Buy It Now 4 days
TUDOR LODGE S/T Japan Mini LP CD with OBI US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge - ECLEC2285 US $20.16 Buy It Now 6 days
TUDOR LODGE rare STILL SEALED remastered Japanese Mini-LP CD Vertigo UICY-9030) US $32.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Tudor Lodge - It All Come Back cd 1971-97 Demos Linda Thompson Pentangle UK folk US $39.90 Buy It Now 8 days
TUDOR LODGE Self Titled UK Folk/Prog 71 1st Re 88 PENTANGLE Progressive LP Vinyl US $64.25 [0 bids]
TUDOR LODGE PROG AKARMA 180 G LP LIMITED 300 ex only! US $34.99 Buy It Now 10 days
AIR Self Titled LP AUSTRALIA Polydor 1974 Light Prog/Folk (Tudor Lodge) Oz Psych US $149.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Tudor Lodge [Vinyl New] US $83.99 Buy It Now 11 days
TUDOR LODGE DR.Z FANTASY CRESSIDA etc 20 LPs + Wood box, COLOR VINYL KOREA LP SS US $3,000.00 Buy It Now 11 days
TUDOR LODGE S/T JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
TUDOR LODGE - TUDOR LODGE (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $106.17 Buy It Now 12 days
TUDOR LODGE - TUDOR LODGE 2000 JAPAN MINI LP CD WITH TEXTURED FOLDOUT SLEEVE US $36.60 Buy It Now 12 days
Tudor Lodge - Same(British Folk), COLOR VINYL(Clear Vinyl), KOREA LP New US $64.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge NEW CD US $16.21 Buy It Now 13 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge NEW CD US $18.45 Buy It Now 13 days
ROADS LESS TRAVELED Kenny McGeorge/Tudor Lodge/ Mark Mitten/Eric Richard vol iv US $7.77 Buy It Now 15 days
Mellow Candle:st Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd tudor lodge steeleye Z US $90.00 Buy It Now 15 days
EX/EX- !! Tudor Lodge/Self Titled/1988 Re-issue LP US $54.93 Buy It Now 17 days
CD-Tudor Lodge 60's UK folk psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 17 days
Tudor Lodge - Runaway (Jap.) US $18.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge (NEW CD) US $19.54 Buy It Now 19 days
Tudor Lodge, Tudor Lodge. 200 Gram 33rpm (Limited Edition) Sealed Vinyl LP. US $99.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Tudor Lodge CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 21 days
TUDOR LODGE-ST 1971; 2011 ESOTERIC NEW REMASTERED CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 23 days
TUDOR LODGE " TUDOR LODGE " (200GRAM ANALOGUE VINYL JAPANPRESSING/NEW=UNPLAYED) US $99.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Tudor Lodge ?- Tudor Lodge LP Brand New Sealed FolK Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $84.49 Buy It Now 26 days
TUDOR LODGE DR.Z FANTASY CRESSIDA etc 20 LPs, COLOR VINYL KOREA LP Sealed US $1,500.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Tudor Lodge Tudor Lodge CD album (CDLP) UK ECLEC2285 CHERRY RED Sealed 2011 US $29.11 Buy It Now 26 days
Tudor Lodge - Tudor Lodge (Music CD) US $24.59 Buy It Now 27 days
Tudor Lodge [CD New] US $21.17 Buy It Now 28 days
Tudor Lodge - Lodge Tudor New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $31.46 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy TUDOR LODGE music online Buy TUDOR LODGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TUDOR LODGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TUDOR LODGE Tudor Lodge ratings distribution

TUDOR LODGE Tudor Lodge reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Yet another folk-rock group from the early 70'ss which made a superb album, actually released on the famous Vertigo â??swirlâ? label with a stunning fold-out artwork, which under its original and mint state will fetch almost a four figure price. Actually I can only tell you that unless you plan to frame the artwork and hang it on your wall, this price is really overdone, especially now that this has been released under three (four with the vinyl re-issues) different forms: a Repertoire release in the early 90â??s, a rather expensive Japanese mini-Lp release (but the fabrication is outstanding) and again another Repertoire release but this time in a mini-Lp format (not as outstanding but at half the price of the Japan version). If I must give you an advice (should you choose to investigate this beautiful and pastoral folk rock), I would encourage you to take the third choice.

However, enjoyable this group might be, it is of a limited interest for the proghead looking for intricate music. Despite its historic Tudor-allusion in its name, one cannot say that the music is much different than Fairport Convention or Amazing Blondel, do not look at ancient music influences here, although here and there, there are hints of it. Often compared (and sometimes mixed-up with) to Trader Horne, the music does bear resemblance also to Fotheringay,

Full of hippy ideals, this singing guitar trio (Ann Steuart also plays piano and flute) gets some help from other horn musicians and a string section and most of all, the participation of giant double-bass master Danny Thompson (of Pentangle, John Martyn and Tim Buckley fame) even if he stays more discreet (not mixed loud enough) on this album than in others. The music stays completely acoustic (except for the odd electric guitar on one superb track - The Lady Is Changing Home), and sometimes also instrumental (Madeline) displaying a certain kind of virtuosity that every proghead will love.

If you have enjoyed the afore-mentioned groups in this review, no doubt you will appreciate this record and therefore only the tough choice I presented you with in the first paragraph, but even then I help you out, you lucky SOB ;-) Run for it!!!!

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#73751) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 01, 2006

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
4 stars I found a Repertoire's re-issue vinyl of this album when I searched for psych folk albums with lady singers at my youth. I was mostly stunned by the promises of beautiful psychedelic drawings of the album sleeve, and these expectations were quite well met on both musical and aesthetic levels too, though some maturing was needed from my own part.

The medieval elements are mostly focused to instrumental classic guitar song "Madeline", and to the chamber music sequences of wonderful "Willow Tree", which has also fine psychedelic load in the freely weaving starting part. There are also some anti-war 60's folk songs resembling Peter, Paul & Mary like "I See A Man", and more casual folk charmers like "Two Steps Back". A small chamber orchestra is participating on majority of the tracks, and this brings lots of more to listen, but also deepen some slightly banal "Disney emphasizing" of the music. Well, Ann Steuart's voice is very lovely, and his hippie boyfriends do decent support with harmonies and guitars. "Lady's Changing Home" is the solitary folk rock number here with amplified instruments, and "Forest" is also a song worth to mention, painting a light and relaxing scenario of lovely day among the glades.

This album has been produced quite well, so there are no amateurish playing nor arrangements found here, and the sound quality of the recording is excellent. Though there were some characteristics in few compositions which first felt bit unpleasant to me, maybe it is fun to learn adopt all sweet and positive things as favorable experiences. However there are many beautiful scenarios on this album, and I can't emphasize too much to get it as a vinyl with wonderful opening gatefold artwork.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#81047) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Review by GruvanDahlman
4 stars There is something very special about the british folk-boom of the 60's and 70's. Sure, the boom was not all british but came to be in parts all over the world. But for me it's the british folk-scene that is most intriguing and brings me to think of green pastures, meadows, the past, love and death, hardship and amazing musicianship. I am a great fan of Pentangle, Fairport Convention and Steeleye Span (to name but a few, though well known bands). But there are also great albums from other constellations, lesser knownor with a lifespan considerably shorter, like Tudor Lodge.

I've been slightly hesitant towards Tudor Lodge. From what I had heard it really wasn't quite what I was looking for in british folk, being slightly too american for my taste. At least that was my conception. Now, in possession of the Repertoire papersleeve reissue, I find myself nodding in recognition of my fears but also acknowledging the fact that it was not so american as I'd thought.

Surely there are american nods on here but not in a totally unattractive way, as on the Baby Whale album. The sounds of the british isles blend very well with the ever so slightly spiced americana, creating a very cohesive sound and record. I wish there would have been more of the traditionally sounding british prog folk but then again, it actually sounds great.

The music on Tudor Lodge is very mellow, harmony drenched and dreamy. It sounds extremely professional and thought through. Considering the mere two weeks it took to record it I find myself baffled and in awe. I suppose the group must have been very tight, having played and rehearsed alot before entering the studio.

The instrumentation on the album is amazing. All kinds of acoustic playing can be heard, only once or twice becoming electrified. I am amazed, really. What I had thought before seem now like totally untrue. The truth is that Tudor Lodge is a great album, full of the folk I adore. This is classic and really comparable to other stars of the same era, though sounding in a really personal fashion, not copying any of it's peers in Pentangle, Fairport or whoever.

In short: Tudor Lodge delivers an album of amazing, delicate, gentle folk in a completely individual fashion. It's a shame (or is it a blessing?) they did not make another album at the time. On the other hand the impact seem so much greater now, the legacy more intriguing and mysterious. Although the album may be a footnote in the history of music it remains a vibrant footnote. If you're into this kind of stuff I really recommend you get hold of a copy. Like, now? Yes. Right now.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#916527) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review by Warthur
4 stars Although generally considered to be part of the progressive folk scene (and indeed it was originally released on the famed Vertigo label), the emphasis is very much on the folk side of the equation here, and fans of Fairport Convention and other pioneers of British folk rock would probably have just as much chance to enjoy this one as pursuers of folk-prog. The warm, evocative production in particular makes the album a pleasant and approachable listen, and the very occasional inclusion of more psychedelic or electric elements stops things getting samey; on top of that, the band manage to deal with the inclusion of a chamber orchestra on most of the tracks without allowing the orchestra to overpower them or make things too schmaltzy.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#932125) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013

4 stars To imagine being in a forest, hear the wind rustling through the trees and the sweet sound of the rushing water of a stream The best quality of this fine album is its simplicity. There are no long and complex songs and arrangements are extremely simple. The songs are pleasant, some even excel ... (read more)

Report this review (#967649) | Posted by Dark Nazgul | Friday, May 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Once again Esoteric continue to mine the seams of those long lost treasures of yesteryear, presenting forgotten gems at affordable prices. Original LP copies of this 1971 album were known to fetch silly amounts of money; a combination of the sought after Vertigo `spiral' label, and the genuine ... (read more)

Report this review (#512267) | Posted by beebfader | Wednesday, August 31, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TUDOR LODGE "Tudor Lodge"