STARLIGHT TALES

Buy EPISODE Music
Studio Album, released in 1993

1. The Ship (4:34)
2. Grey Matters (5:04)
3. Bobby In The Bushes (5:01)
4. Pinnacles (5:58)
5. Edge Of The Sky (14:51)
6. Barriers Of Attitude (3:20)
7. Dead Fish In The Tank (1:40)
8. Hesperates Rising (24:18)
a) Arrival
b) Moments Not The Mind
c) Transformation
d) Future Shock
9. Wind And Watering (0:49)

Search EPISODE Starlight Tales lyrics

Search EPISODE Starlight Tales tabs

- Tom Finch / acoustic, electric guitars
- Nick Peck / keyboards, vocals
- Don Tyler / bass, 12-string guitars, vocals
- Roe Tyler / vocals
- Gary Scheuenstuhl / drums, percussion

EpiSongs 1993

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

EPISODE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EPISODE Starlight Tales Music

Taggart - Evil Eye (Single Episode) DVD US $4.15 Buy It Now 31m 6s
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] b US $7.55 Buy It Now 37m 5s
NEW - Mr Knight Owl Presents Episode 13 US $4.59 Buy It Now 37m 44s
The Space Galaxy Orchestra Music from Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace CD US $1.64 Buy It Now 1h 10m
RARE Vintage VINYL Record 33RPM SINGLE 12" - DR. DRE ft SNOOP DOGG Last Episode US $9.64 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Richard Andersson's Space Odyssey: The Astral Episode CD 2005 Candlelight USA US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Generation Trance 2000 CD ICU Episode 3 US $5.49 [0 bids]
Episode II by Safri Duo (CD, Jun-2003, Electra (USA)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Les Baxter : Lost Episode CD (1995) US $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Quick Before they catch Us Uglys Episode Six Onyx etc Freakbeat lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, US $13.60 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Star Wars: Episode IV, , New Soundtrack, Enhanced, Collector' US $15.44 Buy It Now 5h 41m
STAR WARS EPISODE 1 PHANTOM MENACE- THE SOUNDTRACK CD (1999) John Williams Music US $6.90 Buy It Now 5h 59m
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES - NEW CD US $7.16 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Star Wars Episode I Phantom Menace CD Movie Soundtrack US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace áOriginal Motion Picture Soundtrack áCD US $7.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ... US $7.50 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Spinal Tap LP - This Is Spinal Tap. Re-Issue 1989 On Episode Label. US $19.67 [0 bids]
Movie Soundtrack CD Album Star Wars Episode 5 V The Empire Strikes Back US $20.49 Buy It Now 8h 54m
London Symphony Orchestra-Star Wars Episode III-CD/DVD US $9.70 Buy It Now 9h 3m
22nd Century Lifestyle: Episode Rustandthesuperheroes... US $5.77 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, CD 1999, JOHN WILLIAMS, FOLD-OUT POSTER US $2.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]... US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 21m
Blake Goes Off To College, Episode 4 USA PROMO CD Morrissey, Neil Young, Ash US $8.99 [0 bids]
. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Episode III, Revenge, Extra CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dr. Dre Eminem The Next Episode b/w Bad Guys Always Die 12" Hip Hop US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 15m
1 CENT CD: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Original Soundtrack (MINT) US $0.01 [1 bids]
Stratovarius : Episode CD (2001) US $13.16 Buy It Now 13h 54m
The Next Episode / Dr. Dre feat. Snoop 12" Single Vinyl , Aftermath Record 2000 US $13.00 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Star Wars Episode 1 Micro Machines Collection3 Collection III US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rising tide records- secret life of trance -episode 1 2cd promo US $19.95 Buy It Now 16h 15m
think13 - episode one US $4.95 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Various Artists - Legacy (Episode 1, CD 2001). Near mint + condition US $0.02 [0 bids]
LENNY WILLIAMS new episode LP 9 track (f9648) us knobhill 1986 US $8.18 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Lenny Williams- New Episode- new/sealed cassette tape- ex-Tower of Power US $5.50 Buy It Now 21h 3m
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (19 US $10.64 Buy It Now 22h 28m
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith [Bonus DVD] by Original... US $5.00 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (CD+DVD) *NEW US $13.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace CD (2002) US $3.69 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR WARS-EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE-1999 CD S/T US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by John... US $3.99 [0 bids]
* Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith [CD & DVD] US $3.00 [0 bids]
Glee - Pilot Episode: Director's Cut DVD US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Psychotic Episode by Head Trauma (CD, Jun-2004, Crash Music, Inc.) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lenny Williams 80s SOUL LP New Episode 1986 USA ISSUE US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Lewis Parker/The Puzzle Episode 2/The Glass Ceiling 2xCD & sticker US $4.00 [0 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS -- International Club Union: Generation Trance 2000 Episode 3 US $1.31 [0 bids]
John Williams - Star Wars Episode I (The Phantom Menace) CD NEW!! FREE UKPOST!! US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Past Present Future Djam Karet Kalaban Lift Netherworld Yezda Urfa Now Episode US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars 3 CD Lot Empire Strikes Back Episode 1 Episode IIá US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Black Adder 2 Comic Relief Presents Bells BBC Canned Laughter Full Episode US $1.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Dirty Star's ILLPHONIC 4T MAXI 12" Negarita aura Another Episode Black Gunn 2005 US $8.19 Buy It Now 1 day
ITALOBOYZ 4 Track CD Sgl Episode # 2 Digger Bick / Caprizant & Blind Minded 2012 US $11.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace Movie Soundtrack US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Sealed US $0.99 [0 bids]
Last Episode - Take A Second Look - long/short versions - A&M 1728 US $4.50 [0 bids]
John Williams - Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace CD 1999 US $4.08 Buy It Now 1 day
ISEGRIM - Isegrim LP picture 98 1.p LAST EPISODE US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR WARS EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE / VG CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
BROTHERHOOD-PILOT EPISODE-RARE SHOWTIME TV PROMO DVD VIDEO-2006-Jason Clarke US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by US $2.99 [0 bids]
DJ Still Wil - Break the Code Episode 02 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR WARS EPISODE I THE PHANTOM MENACE CD JOHN WILLIAMS NEAR MINT US $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Episode 2 by Susan Tedeschi (CD, Jul-2007, Sheridan Square Records) US $16.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Ultimate 2 CD Edition John Williams US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
22nd Century Lifestyle: Episode Rustandthesuperheroe... US $0.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace - NEW Sealed CD John Williams US $11.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Awesome 2 CD lot - Star Wars Motion Picture Soundtrack Episode 1 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones Soundtrack (CD, 2002) European Im US $1.49 [0 bids]
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace [Read Along] (CD, 1999, Kid Rhino) US $12.73 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUTH PARK First Season Uncensored Episode Commentary 5-disc CD BOX SET - Sealed US $3.99 [0 bids]
3 CD DVD Star Wars Shadows of the Empire Soundtrack Episode III Revenge Sith US $6.95 [0 bids]
WINNER TV DVD [EPISODE COLLECTION] 4 DISC K-POP Sealed US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRATOVARIUS Episode CD Mini LP US $15.49 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR WARS: EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE (SCORE) / OST NEW CD US $21.49 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Genius - A Rock Opera - Episode 1 / FRONTIERS RECORDS 2002 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DR. DRE THE GREATEST HITS VOL 2 The Next Episode, R&B, Rap, ** NEW CD** US $17.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Suivez La Piste - 25 Episode Thriller Serial - French-2x 12" Vinyl Record + Book US $40.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope OST 2 CD 1997 RCA/BMG DIST. JOHN WILLIAMS US $7.49 [0 bids]
PUDDITORIUM-EPISODE-JAPAN CD E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $14.51 Buy It Now 2 days
Cheongdamdong Alice, Episode 1 by Original Soundtrack (CD, Jan-2013,... US $18.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Resident E-Episode 7 (2CDs) US $13.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Butterfly Ripples Vol.8 Tremeloes Episode Six Marmalade Very Good Condition CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
STRATOVARIUS.EPISODE.LP 1996. FIRST PRESS ORIGINAL. US $199.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EPISODE SIX - Cornflake And Crazy Foam 2CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EPISODE SIX - Put Yourself In My Place - CD (DEEP PURPLE IAN GILLAN ROGER CLOVER US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dr. Dre - The Next Episode Promo Acetate Cd-R Snoop Dogg Nate Dogg US $125.00 Buy It Now 2 days
INAURA SOAP OPERA EPISODE ONE ( 1995 CD SINGLE NO SLEEVE ) US $2.46 Buy It Now 2 days
INAURA SOAP OPERA EPISODE TWO ( 1995 CD SINGLE NO SLEEVE ) US $2.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Gary Bartz - Episode One Children of Harlem 1996 CD QUALITY CHECKED US $22.93 Buy It Now 2 days
SAFRI DUO - EPISODE II [SAFRI DUO] [044001374623] - NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 2 days
GACKT-EPISODE.0-JAPAN CD C15 US $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy EPISODE music online Buy EPISODE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EPISODE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EPISODE Starlight Tales ratings distribution

EPISODE Starlight Tales reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars A bit better than the first one (mainly because of more mature songwriting and soundproducing), "Starlight Tales" is made in the same way - YES meets RENAISSANCE and a dozen of other less obvious influences.The only major flaw is epic's instrumental part - way too long and boring.I'd prefer it to be on 10-12 min shorter.

This album mainly recommended to all prog-collectors and Sympho-Prog maniacs,but it's good anyway.Enjoy!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#88484) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
2 stars The second Episode album is quite a bit like the first, although this one consists primarily of two lengthy works and a handful of shorter, simple accompanying tunes. The singing is also a bit more restrained than on the band’s debut, with piano and other keyboards tending to dominate for the most part.

“The Ship” is a nice folk-like tale about a boat on a mystical journey of sorts, and has a nice kind of lumbering rhythm to it but not much else. “Grey Matters” is quite similar but with a less-clear lyrical theme, and “Bobby in the Bushes” is just filler.

“Pinnacles” is thick with loopy harmonizing vocals and plenty of acoustic guitar and keyboard effects, but again the lyrics are rambling and abstract, and lacks any real spark.

“Edge of the Sky” consists a long, drawn-out keyboard orgy composed (not surprisingly) by the band’s keyboardist Nick Peck. Despite the relative scarcity of vocals, this doesn’t really qualify as either a symphonic epic or a jam session, but rather sounds like a moderately free-form attempt at an instrumental story-song, although the point of the story is kind of lost on me. There are some decent drum passages and like I said, plenty of keyboards and piano, but the whole thing seems to lack any real focus and doesn’t really achieve any kind of real meaning.

“Barriers of Attitude” sounds more like a late eighties soft rock tune, with only a short instrumental keyboard passage to really distinguish it much. The singer sounds a bit like Joan Baez at times, further affirming my impression of these guys as some aging flower- power children.

In a similar vein “Hesperates Rising”, the other long track that occupies about half the album tells a tale about another moon rising up in the Earth’s sky and sort of challenging humankind to clean up their act, or something to that effect. The whole point of the story is a bit hazy, and the song transitions through a number of movements that seem to evolve, but the whole thing rambles on much longer than seems necessary and fails to really capture the imagination. The production is quite good for such a minor label and the individual members are all excellent musicians (although the drummer has a bit of a tendency to plod along at times), but I wouldn’t rank this among the better epic- length symphonic works in history. It’s interesting at best.

Maybe it’s just because I got both of Episode’s albums at the same time (downloaded directly from their web site – nice to get free music directly from the band at least), but this one seems to be quite a bit more disjointed than the first album. I get the impression this is just a collection of things the band put together in the four years between when the first and last album released, which would make sense I suppose.

I can’t really recommend this one, especially if you had to buy it. But since the band offers it free from their web site, I suppose they deserve some credit for being accessible and accommodating at least, so I’ll say 2.4 stars and will probably check out some of their videos on the site as well.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#104114) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 21, 2006

Review by Neu!mann
3 stars These little-known Northern California proggers hit their creative peak with their second (and last) album in 1993. They later appeared on the ProgFest '94 double-disc (performing a nicely informal cover of PINK FLOYD's "Echoes") before disappearing into undeserved obscurity.

Too bad, because this effort showed a lot of potential. The music is less piecemeal than it was on the band's 1989 debut, with longer instrumental passages displaying a greater level of confidence and ambition. The two multi-movement suites ("Edge of the Sky" and "Hesperates Rising") are by necessity more episodic in form (no pun intended), but each one flows with more organic unity than you might expect, and both pass the first test of any true epic by never sounding padded for the simple sake of length (even over the whopping 24+ minutes of "Hesperates").

There's a not-unpleasant time-capsule quality to this album. Listening to it is like re- discovering a long-lost band from Prog's mid-'70s Golden Age, which in a sense is exactly what Episode was, only twenty years too late. Dismiss them if you will as lightweight American cousins to YES (a tag they likely would have outgrown in another album or two), but they were never too derivative, except perhaps in the ersatz Roger Dean cover art and typography.

And there's certainly no excuse anymore for not being familiar with their music. Keyboardist Nick Peck has made both Episode albums freely available for downloading on his web site (accessible directly from their Prog Archives page), a selfless gesture so at odds with the usual crass demands of e-commerce that it deserves a hearty cyber-pat on the shoulder.

Send comments to Neu!mann (BETA) | Report this review (#109158) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 27, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Episode was a band sorely in need of a good producer. There musicianship was superb, there songwriting good, and sometimes great. But always, when I listened to their recordings, did I find something was lacking. Often, the production seems to take away from the music. Particularly, on what sounds like strong passages in the music, is weakened by thin sounding instrumentation. The vocals, even more so. Many of the song are diluted by a lack of vocal production. While the singers certainly sound talented, and have fine voices, they come across as thin in the mix.

That said, I enjoy this band's music quite a lot. They write in a classic symphonic prog style. Nothing new and exciting, but definitely tasteful and pleasant. It's too bad they never got the attention they deserved.

Standout tracks here are the two epics, Edge Of The Sky, which originally appeared on a cassette release with a nice cover of Pink Floyd's Echoes, and Hesperates Rising.

With better production, this could easily have been a 4 star or better release.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#245330) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Post a review of EPISODE "Starlight Tales"