THE LAST STEPS

Collectors/fans only

Buy GENTLE GIANT Music
Live, released in 1996

1. Convenience (3:47)
2. All Through the Night (4:19)
3. Free Hand (8:15)
4. Knots (3:31)
5. Playing The Game (5:01)
6. Memories of Old Days (8:31)
7. Giant For A Day (5:24)
8. Inside Out (6:05)
9. It's Not Imagination (4:11)
10. Underground (3:42)
11. Five-man drum bash (7:04)
12. Band intro (2:11)
13. For Nobody (5:43)
14. Advent of Panurge (6:35)
15. Number One (6:42)

Total time: 81:01
This is a previously unreleased live recording of Gentle Giant's last concert in the USA, at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles, California, in 1980. It is an official UK release from Red Steel Music, distributed by Terrapin.

Search GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps lyrics

Search GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps tabs

-Gary Green / all guitars
-Kerry Minnear / keyboards, vocals
-Derek Shulman / vocals
-Ray Shulman / bass, acoustic guitars, backing vocals
-John Weathers / drums, backing vocals

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

GENTLE GIANT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps Music

The Power And The Glory (5.1 Blu-ray/CD Mixed by Steven Wilson)The Power And The Glory (5.1 Blu-ray/CD Mixed by Steven Wilson)
Alucard 2014
In A Glass HouseIn A Glass House
Alucard Records 2010
I Lost My Head: Chrysalis Years 1975 - 1980I Lost My Head: Chrysalis Years 1975 - 1980
Box set · Import
EMI Import 2013
Playing the Fool: The Official LivePlaying the Fool: The Official Live
Giant for a DayGiant for a Day
Alucard Records 2010
Gentle Giant-Missing Piece + Giant for a Day UK prog cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 47m 47s
GENTLE GIANT official live 2xLP SEALED original 1977 capitol SKBB 11592 prog US $24.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - Giant for a Day! LP (US Pressing on CAPITOL) MINT-- US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
GENTLE GIANT - INTERVIEW IN CONCERT - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 1h 51m
GENTLE GIANT - PLAYING THE CLEVELAND - NEW CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 1h 52m
GENTLE GIANT - PROLOGUE [GENTLE GIANT] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.66 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Fruupp:Prince of Heaven Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd yes gentle giant Q US $90.25 Buy It Now 2h 16m
GENTLE GIANT - THE LAST GIANT STEP - RARE - CD US $34.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - (2012) (New/sealed) Prog Rock Classic US $13.56 Buy It Now 2h 40m
GENTLE GIANT - LIVE IN STOCKHOLM 1975 - NEW CD US $14.48 Buy It Now 2h 50m
GENTLE GIANT - THE MISSING FACE - NEW CD US $11.82 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Gentle Giant "In a Glass House" LP NM Rare Russian Press US $14.00 [0 bids]
Lp-GENTLE GIANT-The Missing Piece-1977 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
GENTLE GIANT-THE MISSING PIECE(CHRYSALIS)[ RARE RECORD] US $6.79 Buy It Now 3h 37m
GENTLE GIANT - MISSING FACE NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 5h 38m
GENTLE GIANT - IN A GLASS HOUSE PROG LP ON WWA 002! DIE CUT COVER / LYRIC SLEEVE US $29.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT the official live 2lp LP psych prog NM US $9.72 Buy It Now 7h 11m
GENTLE GIANT - FREE HAND - CAPITOL SN-16048. CANADIAN REISSUE. GREEN LABEL US $14.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant The Power and the Glory Steve Wilson 2014 Remaster 1 CD US $13.50 [6 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - The Power and The Glory (1974 WWA Records WWA-010) UK Pressing US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Free Hand by Gentle Giant (CD, Feb-1993, One Way Records) US $6.89 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant ** GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD US $6.85 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT "ACQUIRING THE TASTE" LP ORIG VERTIGO SWIRL US $161.24 [0 bids]
Interview by Gentle Giant near mint/near mint Capitol LP Rock US $9.95 Buy It Now 19h 31m
Free Hand Gentle Giant MUSIC CD US $40.85 Buy It Now 21h 9m
GENTLE GIANT:GIANT FOR A DAY US $8.47 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Gentle Giant - Three Friends/Octopus [CD New] US $19.13 Buy It Now 23h 37m
1974 GENTLE GIANT TICKET, KING'S HALL DERBY. + STRING DRIVEN THING. VERY GOOD. US $6.79 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - THREE FRIENDS / OCTOPUS NEW CD US $25.25 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT**IN'TERVIEW **CD US $10.61 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT OCTOPUS collectible progressive rock GERMAN VERTIGO 1991 CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT**ARTISTICALLY CRYME**2 CD SET US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT octopus '72 LP orig UK press Vertigo SWIRL VG+/EX+ FREE SHIPPING US $149.00 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant Official Live Playing Fool UK SEALED 2 LP Chrysalis CTY 1133 Prog US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant - Octopus US $20.00 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant-Giant for a Day on Capitol Records US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant ?- Acquiring The Taste LP Brand New Sealed Progressive Rock US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Records Lot 4 Albums LPS Vinyl Free Hand Power Glory Octopus US $55.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT EXPERIENCE 2001 LIVE CD NM- TO NM RARE US $15.37 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece Capitol ST 11696 Original Pressing LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Three Friends/Octopus by Gentle Giant (CD, Apr-2013, 2 Discs, Beat Goes On) US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT THE MISSING PIECE 1977 CAPITOL ST 11696 LP / RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant FOR A DAY w/lyric/mask Capitol SW-11813 NM PROMO LP 1978 rare orig! US $49.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT three friends VG/EX UK 6360070 | 14-0124-074 US $189.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT - OCTOPUS - different Gimmix Cover Vinyl US LP RARE US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant: Civilian Columbia JC 36341 Vinyl LP White Label Promotional Copy US $4.95 [0 bids]
YUSEF LATEEF-THE GENTLE GIANT-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B50 US $14.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT - THREE FRIENDS/OCTOPUS - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Yusef Lateef The Gentle Giant 1972 A1 Press, CLEAN, Excellent US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Power and the Glory [35th Anniversary Edition] [Remaster] by Gentle Giant... US $6.75 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Gentle Giant-Free Hand-Capitol Records-ST-11428 /LP US $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
EELA CRAIG MISSA UNIVERSALIS 1988 CD King Crimson Gentle Giant Colosseum US $8.50 [2 bids]
ERDENKLANG EELA CRAIG SYMPHONIC ROCK 1995 CD King Crimson Gentle Giant Colosseum US $7.57 [2 bids]
Yusef Lateef THE GENTLE GIANT SD 1602 Original Vinyl, 1972. Not a reissue US $4.50 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant Live Playing The Fool 2LP Prog Psych Rock 1977 NM EX+ US $6.95 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant In'Terview vinyl LP 1976 Capitol US $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT ACQUIRING THE TASTE VERTIGO RJ-7236 Japan PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $12.67 [8 bids]
Under Construction by Gentle Giant (CD Alucard Label) RARE Released by Band US $24.95 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - FREE HAND [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Playing The Cleveland (NEW CD) US $15.68 Buy It Now 2 days
YUSEF LATEEF 1972 PROMO LP(ATLANTIC 1602 STEREO)THE GENTLE GIANT US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - S/T 6360 020 UK LP 1st Press 1970 Vertigo Swirl US $39.04 [8 bids]
GENTLE GIANT In A Glass House LP WWA 002 UK Release US $5.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Live ORIGINAL Vinyl 1977 ENGLAND playing the fool MINT/MINT LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Acquring The Taste Vinyl Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - In'terview Vinyl Record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - Freehand Vinyl Recordsrd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece - ORIGINAL 1977 LP - SEALED! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant Of The Tenor - Kindred/Willis US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Free Hand [35th Anniversary Edition] [Remaster] [Slipcase] by Gentle Giant... US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant GIANT FOR A DAY LP USA Capitol Records VG+/M- US $7.97 [0 bids]
CD: Power & the Glory - Gentle Giant - Sealed US $17.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Three Friends/Octopus CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: Three Friends - Gentle Giant - Sealed US $28.75 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT-THREE FRIENDS-JAPAN ISSUE+ OBI rrr US $89.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant Two weeks in Spain 7" 2703584 CHS2181 /EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT-THREE FRIENDS- UK 1st .1972 Vertigo Swirl 6360 070 LP .VG+! RARE!!! US $450.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT - ACQUIRING THE TASTE NEW CD US $14.45 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Acquiring The Taste CD ISLAND --FONTANA-- US $12.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Edge Of Twilight CD US $25.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Live In Rome 1974 CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Artistically Cryme CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Three Friends CD US $19.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Playing The Fool CD US $14.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Yusef Lateef Gentle Giant RARE Israeli Israel LP Funk Jazz LISTEN Kenneth Barron US $11.39 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT - 3 CD LOT - GIANT FOR A DAY, IN'TERVIEW, THE MISSING PIECE US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Three Friends (Sealed CD) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Playing The Fool: The Official Live - Gentle Giant (CD 1996) Near Perfect CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 3 days
The Missing Piece - Gentle Giant (CD 1993) UK Import Terrapin Near Mint Cond US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Gentle Giant - Live: Playing the Fool (Capitol SKBB 11592) (2 LP set) Shulmans US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GENTLE GIANT ACQUIRING THE TASTE collectible prog rock GERMAN VERTIGO 1990 CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GENTLE GIANT FIRST ALBUM collectible progressive rock GERMAN VERTIGO 1990 CD US $23.00 Buy It Now 3 days
GENTLE GIANT - LIVE IN ROME 1974 - NEW CD US $6.71 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy GENTLE GIANT music online Buy GENTLE GIANT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENTLE GIANT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps ratings distribution

GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps reviews

Review by soundsweird
1 stars I bought this CD a few years ago at the now-defunct Tower Records of Austin, TX. Always ready to snap up anything by GG, I expected another great live album, much like "Playing The Fool", "Out of the Woods", or "Out of the Fire". The sound quality is, unfortunately, abominable. Fortunately, I talked the Tower employee into taking it back as defective. You've got to be really desperate for more live GG to bother with this dreck.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#6304) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Review by Gatot
2 stars Excellent performance even though audio quality is poor . Nevermind!

I have collected many Gentle Giant bootlegs even though I know that most of them the record quality is really bad. I don't really know I keep buying it at secondary market - because I cannot afford bootleg retail price which typically very high and unreasonable. Lucky I live in a country where most people do not like bootleg records except my die hard Led Zeppelin friend - Tatan A Taufik who has more than 150 collections of LZ bootlegs. Unbelievable!

This "The Last Steps" by Gentle Giant is basically a previously unreleased live recording of Gentle Giant's last concert in the USA, at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles, California, in 1980. It is an official UK release from Red Steel Music, distributed by Terrapin. But, even though it's tagged as "official", the audio quality is nothing different with my other bootlegs like "Interview" in concert etc. I really do not care about audio this time, although I have never claimed myself as a die-hard fan of Gentle Giant. If you ask me, I am a die-hard fan of Marillion under Fish era full stop. But it does not mean that I stop my musical boundaries only to those symphonic or neo prog kinds of music - as you have seen how diverse my reviews have been. In fact, you can find many prog met reviews that I have posted right here at this wonderful site - a site of a free world democracy: you can say any opinion about prog music here.

Let's have a look on this album by Gentle Giant. All songs presented here are truly excellent. Do you still remember my review on "Civilian" which I praised highly their hard rock ever exploration in "All Through the Night" ? Oh man .. right here with this bootleg the band plays it brilliantly and very lively! I do not really care about the sonic quality but this song does deliver GREAT mood - very uplifting mood, really! If you like this track, I am pretty damn sure that you would agree with me that this live version is very dynamic. It seemed like the band played it wholeheartedly.

The next track is a title track "Free Hand" which is also performed wonderfully by the band. I can see the energy the band members indicated during the concert. Having seen the DVD "Giant on The Box" I am pretty sure that the band members have done great on stage. I feel like I am now watching them alive by imagining those gigs recorded at the DVD. "Knots" is also excellent.

Under "Playing The Game" (5:01) the band gives some more improvisations by letting guitar to perform longer solo. Well, I cannot elaborate song by song review. For me is very sure: if you love the band, you would definitely purchase this bootleg regardless the sound quality. It's bootleg, anyway, what do you expect! Oh by the way, I need to stress the performance of "Inside Out" which sounds really great amidst audio quality.

So, if I give this with two stars, it does not mean that this is a bad album at all but it's only DEDICATED to die hard fans. If you are not, you should not purchase this album. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 02, 2008

4 stars A valuable edition to any Gentle Giant collection. 1st, - the sound is good to great, certainly not of bad bootleg quality of some other Gentle Giant recordings released - think a little less quality than Live at the King Biscuit Flower hour 2nd - these are probably the few live recordings ... (read more)

Report this review (#227880) | Posted by SMSM | Wednesday, July 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Allright, this CD has not such a sound quality as for example PLAYING THE FOOL or BBC RADIO 1 IN CONCERT, but it is not as worse as for example such bootlegs like ARTISTICALLY CRIME or ENDLESS LIFE. However, this review should be about THE LAST STEPS and not about any other album. First I want ... (read more)

Report this review (#96777) | Posted by Badabec | Thursday, November 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I think the previous reviewers have put this album in the wrong context. Sure, GG made som awful albums starting with The Missing Piece, after lots of pressure from their record label. But this last gig proves that they were still Gentle Giant. Most should find the post Missing Piece material so ... (read more)

Report this review (#84284) | Posted by markanini | Thursday, July 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I purchased this from a used CD store, so I thought this was a bootleg when Ifirst listened to it. The sound quality on this live CD is terrible , so this is for the GG collectors only. Their is a lot of distortion on the recording and the higher notes seem cut off at times (Maybe the conversi ... (read more)

Report this review (#62722) | Posted by | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think this is an interesting document of Gentle Giant live, when the band was fading out. Most songs came from the much hated "Civilian" album, which is, IMHO, one of the first prog-metal albums in all time (which doesn't save it; "Civilian" is a boring, uninspired record). The sound quality ... (read more)

Report this review (#40366) | Posted by M. B. Zapelini | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The sound quality is rather poor, but the band offers us a dynamic and interesting live set in their last days. A interesting mix of old and recent songs, much more easy listenable and popish. Anyway, they deserve our time spent hearing this live album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#6305) | Posted by Melos | Thursday, March 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENTLE GIANT "The Last Steps "