THE LAST STEPS

Collectors/fans only

Buy GENTLE GIANT Music
Live, released in 1996

1. Convenience (3:47)
2. All Through the Night (4:19)
3. Free Hand (8:15)
4. Knots (3:31)
5. Playing The Game (5:01)
6. Memories of Old Days (8:31)
7. Giant For A Day (5:24)
8. Inside Out (6:05)
9. It's Not Imagination (4:11)
10. Underground (3:42)
11. Five-man drum bash (7:04)
12. Band intro (2:11)
13. For Nobody (5:43)
14. Advent of Panurge (6:35)
15. Number One (6:42)

Total time: 81:01
This is a previously unreleased live recording of Gentle Giant's last concert in the USA, at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles, California, in 1980. It is an official UK release from Red Steel Music, distributed by Terrapin.

Search GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps lyrics

Search GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps tabs

-Gary Green / all guitars
-Kerry Minnear / keyboards, vocals
-Derek Shulman / vocals
-Ray Shulman / bass, acoustic guitars, backing vocals
-John Weathers / drums, backing vocals

and to Bj-1 for the last updates

GENTLE GIANT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps Music

The Power And The Glory (5.1 Blu-ray/CD Mixed by Steven Wilson)The Power And The Glory (5.1 Blu-ray/CD Mixed by Steven Wilson)
Alucard 2014
I Lost My Head: Chrysalis Years 1975 - 1980I Lost My Head: Chrysalis Years 1975 - 1980
Box set · Import
1-2-3-4-GO! 2013
Gentle Giant,The Missing Piece,LP US $20.75 Buy It Now 45m 43s
GENTLE GIANT:FREE HAND US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 26m
GENTLE GIANT FREE HAND NEAR MINT ROCK VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $1.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - Cap 8951 "Words From The Wise' b/w "Spooky Boogie" colored vinyl US $25.00 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant-EMI-Cap-reissue-Interview SS US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
LP GENTLE GIANT GENTLE GIANT BOOK ALBUM EX/EX SU1026 US $24.91 Buy It Now 3h 32m
GENTLE GIANT INTERVIEW 1976 VG++ HEAR IT US $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Octopus by Gentle Giant (CD, Columbia) US $4.50 [0 bids]
YUSEF LATEEF 4 LP LOT THE GENTLE GIANT HUSH N THUNDER REEVALUATIONS IMPULSE YEAR US $25.00 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - (2012) NEW CD (Prog Rock) US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 48m
GRYPHON 4 JAPAN Mini LP CD + RED QUEEN PROMO BOX + PROMO SLEEV, NEW GENTLE GIANT US $275.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
GENTLE GIANT Interview CAPITOL RECORDS 1976 Near Mint US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
GENTLE GIANT-FREE HAND 1975 CAPITOL RECORDS LP ST-11428 VG-VG++ UK PROG ROCK!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
GENTLE GIANT '' AQUIRING THE TASTE '' LP VG- RARE CND VERTIGO SWIRL LABEL US $29.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant - Under Construction [CD New] US $21.59 Buy It Now 8h 3m
GENTLE GIANT octopus PROMO EMPTY BOX Japan mini lp cd US $24.99 [1 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Giant For A Day CD 1993 (1978) Progressive Rock UK Import US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
GENTLE GIANT - IN A PALESPORT HOUSE - NEW CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 9h
GENTLE GIANT octopus LP Record 1973 RARE VG US $37.50 Buy It Now 9h 26m
1976 LP Gentle Giant Interview In Shrink Extremely Nice US $4.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT "Gentle Giant" Self titled Vertigo/842 624-2 (CD, 1989) US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Rare Prog./ Gentle Giant/ LIVE in '76/2 LP's on Capitol records/ VG+/ VG(strong) US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
GENTLE GIANT - GIANT STEPS [GENTLE GIANT] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.81 Buy It Now 11h 25m
GENTLE GIANT - Live In Stockholm '75 (Deluxe Digi-Pack-NEW) US $11.61 Buy It Now 11h 27m
GENTLE GIANT Japan 1975 NM LP FREE HAND US $49.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
GENTLE GIANT Missing Piece LP Original First Issue w/ inner 1977 Capitol UK Prog US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 55m
GENTLE GIANT "Gentle Giant In Concert" Windsong/WIN CD 066 (CD, 1994) US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h
Gentle Giant / Three Friends US $4.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - GENTLE GIANT [803341369429] - NEW CD US $12.28 Buy It Now 12h 30m
GENTLE GIANT - THREE FRIENDS - JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD US $58.50 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT The Power And The Glory LP 1974 Capitol Canada Prog Rock VG+/VG US $26.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
GENTLE GIANT OCTOPUS JAPAN SHM-CD SEALED AUDIOPHILE US $36.00 Buy It Now 14h 12m
MAGIC ELF cd - King Crimson Yes Gentle Giant ELP Rush Jethro Tull Dixie Dregs US $13.95 Buy It Now 14h 41m
GENTLE GIANT three friends BRAZIL RARE EDITION LP Vertigo SWIRL 1972 GATEFOLD US $34.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Acquiring The Taste CD 1971 Vertigo CANADA Press US $6.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Free Hand / Interview CD 1998 BGO UK Press - 2 Albums In 1 US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Gentle Giant CD 1970 Vertigo CANADA Press US $6.00 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant In A Glass House - toc UK vinyl LP album record WWA002 WWA 1973 US $214.24 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Gentle Giant Gentle Giant Japanese CD album (CDLP) UICY-9028 UNIVERSAL US $87.21 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Gentle Giant - Power & The Glory [CD New] US $9.47 Buy It Now 21h 55m
Gentle Giant - Three Friends LP (Tapestry Reissue)  Gatefold Sleeve SEALED US $24.91 [0 bids]
Free Hand - 1st Gentle Giant vinyl LP album record UK CHR1093 CHRYSALIS 1975 US $89.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant In A Glass House - EX UK vinyl LP album record WWA002 WWA 1973 US $131.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Free Hand - Blue Label vinyl LP album record UK CHR1093 CHRYSALIS US $36.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Interview 1976 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT:THE MISSING PIECE US $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT- Missing Piece, Import CD (rgf 1006) Excellent, Out of Print RARE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT - THE POWER AND THE GLORY - NEW CD US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant - Out of the Woods US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant - Acquiring the Taste 1971 Gateold LP 33 RPM Prog Rock Vertigo US $14.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT OCTOPUS 1973 ORIGINAL 12"LP COLUMBIA KC 32022 DIE CUT, LYRICS US $4.88 [0 bids]
Yusef Lateef The Gentle Giant Original 1972 LP Near Mint NM Red Green Atlantic US $6.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - POWER & THE GLORY NEW CD US $15.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Gryphon: s/t [1st] Japan CD Mini-LP Mint ARC-7031 (richard harvey gentle giant Q US $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gryphon:Midnight Mushrumps Japan CD Mini-LP ARC-7030 Mint (gentle giant yes Q US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant / The Official Live/ Playing the Fool / US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant: The Missing Piece (NO ifpi, Terrapin, UK) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant 4 x Japan Mini LP CD Disk Union box set US $220.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Octopus album, from 1972, KC 32022 VG+ cond. cover in fair cond. US $14.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant "The Power and The Glory" from 1974 Capitol records ST 11337 (0698) US $14.96 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT, LP Giant For A Day, orig 1978 US Capitol, EX, Three Friends US $7.25 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT, orig LP "Interview", 1976 US Capitol, EX/EX, shrink, Three Friends US $7.25 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT S/T, THREE FRIENDS AND OCTOPUS- 3 MINT CD'S PROGRESSIVE 70S ROCK US $22.99 [0 bids]
LULABOX-BELIEVE-RARE 2 TK U.S PROMO CD SINGLE-Gentle Giant Below Belt REMIX-1993 US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Official Live Playing the Fool SKBB-11592 FREE US SHIPPING US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant Acquiring The Taste UK import LP Vertigo Speceship label 6360 041 US $30.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT FREE HAND VINYL RECORD ~ CAPITOL # ST 11428 US $7.95 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - THREE FRIENDS UK PROG LP VERTIGO SPACESHIP LABEL US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT Giant For A Day 1978 prog LP on UK 1993 CD w/ Postersleeve US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT ~ The Missing Piece ~ VINYL LP US $23.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Gentle Giant CD on Vertigo label - USA copy - 1970 recordings US $4.98 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT i'm turning around 7" blue label design b/w just the same (chs2160) US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT i'm turning around 7" blue label design b/w just the same (chs US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT thank you 7" b/w spooky boogie (chs2245) uk chrysalis 1978 US $8.97 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT LP " Interview " CAPITOL Canada 1976' US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GENTLE GIANT LP " The Missing Piece " CAPITOL Canada 1977' US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Acquiring The Taste - Gentle Giant US $7.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Giant for a Day! by GENTLE GIANT (CD, 2010, DRT/Navarre) NEW US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT - IN A GLASS HOUSE - NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant Live in Essen, Germany 1971(Ltd Edtn 140g Grey Vinyl-only 500!) New US $19.92 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT - POSTCARD SET # 1 - concert posters, promos etc - NEW US $8.29 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT Free Hand LP 1975 UK 1st Press STEREO CHRYSALIS CHR 1093 US $15.78 [3 bids]
Gentle Giant Capitol 2LP Live Prog 1977 US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece LP VG Condition RARE US $3.99 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - OCTOPUS (LP 1972 - VERTIGO - 6360 080) SP ONLY 99P!!! US $2.54 [2 bids]
Gentle Giant - Three Friends 1972 Columbia orig. gate-fold KC 31649. LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Acquiring the taste - Classic Reissues 180 grams SEALED US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CD Gentle Giant Three Friends DADC CBS Columbia CK 31649 DIDP 71764 Early Press US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT Octopus Original 1973 US Die-cut  w/lyric inner columbia US $58.99 Buy It Now 2 days
King Biscuit Flower Hour by Gentle Giant (CD, Jan-1998, King Biscuit... - Mint US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT Pretentious For the Sake of it 2LP GF NM- Vertigo UK US $29.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT THE MISSING PIECE 1977 CAPITOL ST 11696 LP / RECORD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gentle Giant Octopus UK Import LP Vertigo 6360 080 Swirl label US $44.44 [3 bids]
Octopus [Digipak] by Gentle Giant (CD, Sep-2011, DRA) US $13.77 Buy It Now 2 days
GENTLE GIANT IN A GLASS HOUSE WWA 002 VINYL NM NICE COVER NICE SLEEVE 1ST PRESS US $44.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Acquiring the Taste by Gentle Giant (CD, Feb-1997, Mercury) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD-Gentle Giant-In a Glass House 70's UK psych prog US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gentle Giant - Live Playing The Fool 2LP 1977 Prog Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
Promo Prog Rock LP: Gentle Giant ~ Acquiring The Taste ~ Vertigo 1005 US $40.00 [0 bids]
GENTLE GIANT - MEMORIES OF OLD DAYS NEW CD US $42.25 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy GENTLE GIANT music online Buy GENTLE GIANT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENTLE GIANT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps ratings distribution

GENTLE GIANT The Last Steps reviews

Review by soundsweird
1 stars I bought this CD a few years ago at the now-defunct Tower Records of Austin, TX. Always ready to snap up anything by GG, I expected another great live album, much like "Playing The Fool", "Out of the Woods", or "Out of the Fire". The sound quality is, unfortunately, abominable. Fortunately, I talked the Tower employee into taking it back as defective. You've got to be really desperate for more live GG to bother with this dreck.

Send comments to soundsweird (BETA) | Report this review (#6304) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Review by Gatot
2 stars Excellent performance even though audio quality is poor . Nevermind!

I have collected many Gentle Giant bootlegs even though I know that most of them the record quality is really bad. I don't really know I keep buying it at secondary market - because I cannot afford bootleg retail price which typically very high and unreasonable. Lucky I live in a country where most people do not like bootleg records except my die hard Led Zeppelin friend - Tatan A Taufik who has more than 150 collections of LZ bootlegs. Unbelievable!

This "The Last Steps" by Gentle Giant is basically a previously unreleased live recording of Gentle Giant's last concert in the USA, at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles, California, in 1980. It is an official UK release from Red Steel Music, distributed by Terrapin. But, even though it's tagged as "official", the audio quality is nothing different with my other bootlegs like "Interview" in concert etc. I really do not care about audio this time, although I have never claimed myself as a die-hard fan of Gentle Giant. If you ask me, I am a die-hard fan of Marillion under Fish era full stop. But it does not mean that I stop my musical boundaries only to those symphonic or neo prog kinds of music - as you have seen how diverse my reviews have been. In fact, you can find many prog met reviews that I have posted right here at this wonderful site - a site of a free world democracy: you can say any opinion about prog music here.

Let's have a look on this album by Gentle Giant. All songs presented here are truly excellent. Do you still remember my review on "Civilian" which I praised highly their hard rock ever exploration in "All Through the Night" ? Oh man .. right here with this bootleg the band plays it brilliantly and very lively! I do not really care about the sonic quality but this song does deliver GREAT mood - very uplifting mood, really! If you like this track, I am pretty damn sure that you would agree with me that this live version is very dynamic. It seemed like the band played it wholeheartedly.

The next track is a title track "Free Hand" which is also performed wonderfully by the band. I can see the energy the band members indicated during the concert. Having seen the DVD "Giant on The Box" I am pretty sure that the band members have done great on stage. I feel like I am now watching them alive by imagining those gigs recorded at the DVD. "Knots" is also excellent.

Under "Playing The Game" (5:01) the band gives some more improvisations by letting guitar to perform longer solo. Well, I cannot elaborate song by song review. For me is very sure: if you love the band, you would definitely purchase this bootleg regardless the sound quality. It's bootleg, anyway, what do you expect! Oh by the way, I need to stress the performance of "Inside Out" which sounds really great amidst audio quality.

So, if I give this with two stars, it does not mean that this is a bad album at all but it's only DEDICATED to die hard fans. If you are not, you should not purchase this album. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#157433) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 02, 2008

4 stars A valuable edition to any Gentle Giant collection. 1st, - the sound is good to great, certainly not of bad bootleg quality of some other Gentle Giant recordings released - think a little less quality than Live at the King Biscuit Flower hour 2nd - these are probably the few live recordings ... (read more)

Report this review (#227880) | Posted by SMSM | Wednesday, July 22, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Allright, this CD has not such a sound quality as for example PLAYING THE FOOL or BBC RADIO 1 IN CONCERT, but it is not as worse as for example such bootlegs like ARTISTICALLY CRIME or ENDLESS LIFE. However, this review should be about THE LAST STEPS and not about any other album. First I want ... (read more)

Report this review (#96777) | Posted by Badabec | Thursday, November 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I think the previous reviewers have put this album in the wrong context. Sure, GG made som awful albums starting with The Missing Piece, after lots of pressure from their record label. But this last gig proves that they were still Gentle Giant. Most should find the post Missing Piece material so ... (read more)

Report this review (#84284) | Posted by markanini | Thursday, July 20, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I purchased this from a used CD store, so I thought this was a bootleg when Ifirst listened to it. The sound quality on this live CD is terrible , so this is for the GG collectors only. Their is a lot of distortion on the recording and the higher notes seem cut off at times (Maybe the conversi ... (read more)

Report this review (#62722) | Posted by | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I think this is an interesting document of Gentle Giant live, when the band was fading out. Most songs came from the much hated "Civilian" album, which is, IMHO, one of the first prog-metal albums in all time (which doesn't save it; "Civilian" is a boring, uninspired record). The sound quality ... (read more)

Report this review (#40366) | Posted by M. B. Zapelini | Tuesday, July 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The sound quality is rather poor, but the band offers us a dynamic and interesting live set in their last days. A interesting mix of old and recent songs, much more easy listenable and popish. Anyway, they deserve our time spent hearing this live album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#6305) | Posted by Melos | Thursday, March 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENTLE GIANT "The Last Steps "