WISH I COULD DREAM IT AGAIN...

Novembre

Experimental/Post Metal

Novembre Wish I Could Dream it Again... album cover

Buy NOVEMBRE Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. The Dream Of The Old Boats (5:31)
2. Novembre / Its Blood (6:44)
3. Night / At Once (4:13)
4. Let Me Hate (3:05)
5. Sirens In Filth (5:49)
6. Swim Seagull In The Sky (7:39)
7. The Music (3:59)
8. Nostalgia / Its Gaze (6:10)
9. Behind My Window / My Seas Of South (5:18)
10. Old Lighthouse Tale (5:02)
11. The White Eyed (5:34)
12. Neanderthal Sands (3:43)
13. Christal (2:01)

- Fabio Vignati / bass
- Antonio Poletti / guitar

Recorded by Dan Swano at Unisound Studios
October 1994
All music and lyrics by Carmelo Orlando (except for Night/At Once - Salvatore Quasimodo)

Thanks to ivansfr0st for the addition

NOVEMBRE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NOVEMBRE Wish I Could Dream it Again... Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
BlueBlue
101 DISTRIBUTION 2010
ClassicaClassica
Peaceville 2009
Novembrine WaltzNovembrine Waltz
Peaceville UK 2009
MateriaMateria
Peaceville UK 2006

More places to buy NOVEMBRE music online Buy NOVEMBRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NOVEMBRE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NOVEMBRE Wish I Could Dream it Again... ratings distribution

NOVEMBRE Wish I Could Dream it Again... reviews

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Hey...wait a minute...isn't it THAT Novermbre?

I used to be a die-hard DOOM-metal fan and still like the genre (though not the same way wildly) and remember a band NOVEMBRE - rather average and not enough Doomy for me. I was surprised even more when I saw them here, on PROG-Archives. I dusted my NOVEMBRE collection few days ago to re-listen to them. This is my first, but not the last review.

OK, first of all, this is ROUGHLY and BADLY recorded. Nice growling, but hardly bearable clear voice. Numerous timing/tempo changes, but it won't make them Proggier, you know. They are not enough Doomy (at least on that album) and surely are not Prog. They are not bad, but recommended mostly for Metalheads, who are deeply in love with sore underground sound and undeveloped (honestly) demo-like material. Not recommended in general.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#116452) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Wish I Could Dream it Again... is the debut album from Italian Doom/ death/ experimental rock band Novembre. I was personally introduced to Novembre seing them live as support to Katatonia on their The Great Cold Distance tour. I canīt say I was too impressed and it was with mixed feelings I appoached this album. I must say that I was both positively and negatively surprised. This album has great moments but also some really weak ones.

Novembre are very influenced by the Swedish doom/ death band Katatonia and especially the debut album from that band called Dance of December Souls which is a doom/ death classic. In addition to this style of music there are also melodic black metal tendencies on Wish I Could Dream it Again.... Weīre not talking raw primitive black metal like Mayhem, Darkthrone or Gorgoroth but the more melodic variant. Novembre is generally a very melodic band and especially the guitars and the keyboards are very pleasant. The clean singing from Carmelo Orlando reminds me a bit about Darren White from Anathema but Carmeloīs raspy growls are definitely black metal inspired.

The drumming from Giuseppe Orlando is absolutely terrible. Itīs seldom that Iīve heard such untight and clumsy drumming on a metal album and once again Iīm reminded of Katatoniaīs Dance of December Souls which likewise had terrible drumming. Itīs obvious to hear that Giuseppe Orlando has many good ideas but his skills unfortunately donīt match.

Most songs have both dreaming experimental rock parts and doomy melodic death/ black parts. But the tempo is also really fastpaced a couple of times on the album which is a real treat for the diversity.

The musicinship is definitely the weak spot on this album. The musicians simply seem imature and not very skilled. Itīs a bit of a shame as the music has so many good ideas that it had deserved a better destiny.

The production is not very good, but it depends on what kind of parts are played. When the dreamy keyboard/ guitar parts are played I think it sounds pretty good, but then when the more metal like parts kick in the album comes out looking pretty weak in the sound quality department.

The cover art suits the dreamy melancholic music well.

The music on Wish I Could Dream it Again... is worth a 3 star rating but because of the bad production and the even worse drum playing Iīll have to go for a 2 star rating of the album. It shows a lot of promise though and Iīm looking forward to reviewing the rest of Novembreīs discography.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#177056) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 17, 2008

Post a review of NOVEMBRE "Wish I Could Dream it Again..."