MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE

Terry Watkinson - keyboards and vocals
Garry McGracken - drums

Anthem

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition

MAX WEBSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAX WEBSTER Mutiny Up My Sleeve Music

Mutiny Up My SleeveMutiny Up My Sleeve
Remastered · Import
ROCK CANDY 2012
Mutiny Up My Sleeve by Max Webster [Music CD]Mutiny Up My Sleeve by Max Webster [Music CD]
ROCK CANDY
Mutiny Up My Sleeve LP (Vinyl Album) Canadian Anthem 1978Mutiny Up My Sleeve LP (Vinyl Album) Canadian Anthem 1978
Anthem
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
Max Webster-Mutiny Up My Sleeve-Lp Vinyl Record-Anthem-ANR-1-1012 USD $4.34 [0 bids]
USD $7.00 Buy It Now
Mutiny Up My Sleeve - Webster Max New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $18.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE SEALED ALBUM 1978 ! USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $11.00 Buy It Now
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve - CANDY108 USD $21.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve (CD New) USD $10.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve [CD New] USD $9.06 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $15.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster Mutiny Up My Sleeve Vinyl Album USD $12.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Mutiny Up My Sleeve by Max Webster *New CD* USD $5.70 Buy It Now 5 days
? Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Kim Mitchell from Gasolin) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER**MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE (REMASTERED)**CD USD $17.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve CD USD $15.89 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER**MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE**CD USD $6.28 Buy It Now 13 days
MAX Webster [Mutiny Up My Sleeve] 78 EX+/EX/VG+ [aka Kim Mitchell] Play Graded USD $7.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MAX WEBSTER: Mutiny Up My Sleeve ANR-1-1012 ANTHEM CAN. LP MINT IN SHRINK USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Mutiny Up My Sleeve by Max Webster (CD, Apr-2012, Rock Candy) USD $14.82 Buy It Now 16 days
MAX WEBSTER: Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Rock & Pop Anthem ANR-1-1012 VG++ Vinyl LP) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 18 days
MAX WEBSTER MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE LP 1978 UK USD $18.87 Buy It Now 21 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve - LP Record NM VG USD $5.99 Buy It Now 21 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE NEW CD USD $23.22 Buy It Now 24 days
Max Webster "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" 1978 Rock LP, VG, Vinyl USD $4.95 Buy It Now 25 days
MAX WEBSTER "MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE" LP 1978 KIM MITCHELL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Lim.Collector's Edit.) - Max Webster New & Sealed Compact D USD $24.60 Buy It Now 26 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE [066825101223] - NEW CD USD $6.05 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy MAX WEBSTER music online Buy MAX WEBSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAX WEBSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAX WEBSTER Mutiny Up My Sleeve ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(61%)

MAX WEBSTER Mutiny Up My Sleeve reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Having shown a greater maturity with their second album and conquering their country, Webster set out to invade the planet with yet another controversial album title: Mutiny Up My Sleeve (but which sleeve are they talking about, you my wonder ;-) and this album was another step to greatness. By this time, the group was in full swing and churning out the hits and classics with an impressive regularity and this album would unleash another half dozen.

Webster was clearly one of the most cherished bands on the home front and not one single house party was complete without this album being played at least once during the night. This was no doubt due to the presence of THE best party track ever written: the aptly titled The Party, which was sung out by almost every teen from the first crowd yells until the last air-guitar cord mimed. Often this was played by the observing DJ (sometimes your truly ;-) as soon as the party menaced to become soft, and within the first two seconds of the start of this rack, all hell had broken loose, some dozen brews downed and so many more instantly opened and sacrificed on the honor of Webster. This track has everything to please everyone, from downright sex-incensed lyrics to fabulous guitars solos to impressive vocals (the utmost thing was to able to manage to come as close to Mitchell incredible word delivery without taking a breath), to constantly shifting rhythms and dizzying performances from the whole group.

But to limit Mutiny to this sole track would be insulting it: Lip Service is a real shocker and a superb intro to the album (and a solid proposed remedy to the album title ;-), while Astonish me is one of those superb slower tracks that Webster deals so well with. The album is rounded up by the now-habitual Moon track and this one is well within the line of its predecessors and two other tracks that are your average Webster tunes. Water Me Down is yet another cool track while only a track of Waterline's quality can hold up next to the encumbering 6-min The Party.

Again not the perfect album, but this was about as good as one could expect to crack the planet open. Alas for some reasons, this was not to happen, which probably has as much to do with the proverbial lack of self-confidence of Canadians in regards with their southern neighbors, but maybe also that south of the border no-one wanted one more Canadian band on the circuit. Far-fetched? Not so sure! Nevertheless yet another superb killer of an album that every progheads should lay at least an ear on. Sadly (and hopefully momentarily), this album seems to be harder to come by than others from Max.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#76878) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Review by Queen By-Tor
4 stars From beyond the moon strait to your speakers.

With this album Max Webster would establish themselves as a force to be reckoned with the Canadian hard-rock scene along with big brother Rush. A more mature version of the band emerged they would still manage to keep their partying side about them as they put out this next excellent album. A mix of typical 70s hard rock with a heavy whiff of progressive scent this album is certainly one that needs a few listens to get used to.

With Mutiny Up My Sleeve Webster started to use a nice heavy amount to synthesizers that they had already tinkered and flaunted with on their debut which had made the music so infectious and appealing to the prog heads. Insert Kim Mitchell's excellent use of the strings and you've got yourself quite the album. This one has a bit more slow moments than past albums, but it seems that they've really gotten used to doing it by this point. Ultimately, while less interesting upon the first few listens than their other albums this one becomes the most rewarding disc after enough spins thanks to the music depth it has to uncover.

Though slower and more ''mature'' at points, this album still has its heavy moments. After all, what would Webster be without them? The opener Lip Service is a midpaced track with some very catchy keys while The Party picks things up with typical Webster prowess and tells the story of our lives as they recap a couple of degenerate teenagers that we can all relate to somehow (''We're all here to be reckless!/We're all sleazy and easy to please/Dreamers and schemers on the loose!'').

From there on out, however, it's that more meditated and intricate sound. Starting with Astonish Me the keys get turned up a notch and Mitchell's voice becomes unfamiliarly emotional and lo-key as he belts out the lyrics. Most of the other songs on the album feel like this including the melancholic Water Me Down and the superb Distressed as well as the pseudo-instrumental Hawaii. However, it's the final and longest track, Beyond The Moon which takes the cake on this album. A mixture of what the rest of the album has to offer and hiding it behind and (almost) wall of sound while incorporating a number of stellar solos and high-points, this one comes close to rivaling Webster's opus Lily from their first album.

This is a great hard rock album with enough progressive leanings to make a very prog-rock sounding record. Several listens are needed to get into this one, much more than previous or later records, however it's worth it since (as stated before) this is likely Webster's most rewarding effort of their painfully small discography. 4 stars! Recommended to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of rock in their prog. or a bit of prog in their rock!

Send comments to Queen By-Tor (BETA) | Report this review (#169018) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4 stars MAX WEBSTER's third studio album features some good variety as usual, and one of their greatest concert tunes "The Party". Again the sound quality couldn't be better and neither could the instrumental work by the band.

"Lip Service" opens with some great sounding guitar and drums as Kim comes in with authority on vocals. Love the drumming. Some nice guitar 3 minutes in. Kim puts a show on vocally though. "Astonish Me" opens with piano as synths come in. It changes completely 30 seconds in to an almost jazzy flavour at first, before vocals come in with meaningful lyrics. The piano is prominant. Synths take over after 3 minutes before drums come pounding in. More synths later. "Let Your Man Fly" is a straight up tune with drums, piano, vocals and guitar leading the way.This is my least favourite song on here. My second from the bottom is the next song "Water Me Down" a ballad with reserved vocals. "Distressed" really reminds me of "Lily" from their debut. At least it moves me the same way emotionally. This comes from a combination of Kim's vocals and the sweet guitar. Amazing song. Kim sings emotionally "I am perplexed, I am distressed, where did I park my wheels."

"The Party" is a song every Zappa fan should hear. One of the best party songs ever. Check out the keyboard work, drums and guitar ! One of the best lines ever "Now we're just musicians here to thin the thickness of your skin." "Waterline" opens with spoken words and guitar. It kicks in before a minute. Pulsating keys. Some low end guitar after 2 minutes. Passionate vocals in this one. Catchy tune. "Hawaii" opens with sounds from the beach as spoken words come in. A very Zappa-like tune. Again this Canadian band is occupied with summer weather. "Beyond The Moon" has the most psychedelic lyrics you'll find from this band. Nice guitar in the intro. Piano and a calm a minute in as vocals are whispered. Back to full sound 2 minutes in.The guitar work is incredible the rest of the way. Fantastic song !

Fantastic band ! Although if you saw the pictures of them on the back cover you'd question their sanity. They sure liked to have fun.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#173563) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Review by Gooner
5 stars My favourite album by Max Webster is _Mutiny Up My Sleeve_. It embodies everything Max Webster set out to accomplish without the fame and fortune...although they were quite popular in the Americans' attic (Canada). Having toured 2 albums and opening for labelmates Rush really seasoned these guys. Produced by Terry Brown, this album has the same kind of sound quality and production feel of Ken Scott's work on Dixie Dregs _What If_. As the Dixie Dregs were to the United States, so too is Max Webster to Canada(both countries' _best kept secrets_). As much as I love Rush(1978-1982), if the chips were down...the Max-machine could dance circles around them, especially the musicianship on this album. For one thing, Kim Mitchell is one the guitar greats - at times sounding like Allan Holdsworth, Steve Morse, Frank Zappa and Larry Carlton in a span of 20 seconds. Check out the track _Distressed_ if you don't believe me. Gary McCracken is as good as Neil Peart, but has an Ian Paice quality about him(he can really swing!) Whenever I listen to this album, it puts me in a place not far removed to Camel's SNOW GOOSE. Whereas, Max Webster rock out quite a bit here, it's the fluid ballad-like tracks such as _Astonish Me_, _Water Me Down_ and the instrumental _Hawaii_(it's the wordless female vocals that send me to the Snow Goose land). _A Million Vacations_ was Max Webster's prog.rock album and probably the best place to start. _Mutiny Up My Sleeve_ is to Max Webster fans as _Countdown To Ecstasy_ is to many Steely Dan fans(arguably their best album). Also worth mentioning is the lyricist Pye Dubois - sort of like a frost bitten Keith Reid(of Procol Harum) without the maudlin tendencies of suicide and sea shanties (oh..stop it, already! -ed.). Pye Dubois has a lyrical fixation on the moon and you get the feeling he was that one weird guy everyone liked to party with but you were afraid to introduce him to your parents. Terry Watkinson comes off sounding like a cross between David Sinclair of Caravan and Kerry Minnear of Gentle Giant(and at times Pete Bardens of Camel... especially _Rain Dances_-era). Max Webster have always been a hard band to pigeonhole, often like Germany's PASSPORT(what are they? Jazz rock fusion, or prog.rock?). Not a bad track on Max Webster's _Mutiny Up Sleeve_. Solid throughout and a Canadian prog.rock masterpiece which stands tall beside FM's _Black Noise_ and Rush's _Permanent Waves_.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#194704) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 22, 2008

Post a review of MAX WEBSTER "Mutiny Up My Sleeve "