BRAND NEW MORNING

Magnum

Magnum Brand New Morning album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Brand new morning (6:17)
2. It's time to come together (4:36)
3. We all run (4:54)
4. The blue and the grey (5:53)
5. I'd breathe for you (6:27)
6. The last goodbye (6;28)
7. Immigrant son (5:35)

- Al Barrow / bass
- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

Steamhammer/SPV, 2004

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Brand New Morning Music

Universal I.S. 2003
Long Days Black NightsLong Days Black Nights
Box set · Import
Castle Music UK 2002
Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)
Limited Edition
Steamhammer Us 2011
Vinyl$16.36
Wings of Heaven LiveWings of Heaven Live
Steamhammer / Spv 2008
Sex Prisoner S/t 7" Acxdc Magnum Force To Live A Lie Weekend Nachos US $5.00 [0 bids]
43m 23s
The Spirit (Live) by Magnum (CD, 1991 Polydor Ltd. UK) - Like New Condition US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Sielwolf Magnum Force CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Top Quality "Magnum Opus" RARE PROMO CASSETTE/EPMD/JESSE WEST/PMD/1993 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Magnum ?- Marauder FRANCE Imp! 1987 Metal NWOBHM US $3.23 Buy It Now 3h 20m
On a Storyteller's Night by Magnum 2 DISCS Brand New US $7.19 Buy It Now 4h 13m
DARK STAR Same Japan CD + 7 Mini-LP CD NWOBHM ANGEL WITCH WITCHFYNDE MAGNUM US $24.50 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Kingdom Of Madness (Remastered + 11 Bonus Tracks) [IMPORT] by Magnum... US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
44 MAGNUM four figures EX/EX JAPAN MOON-18004 | 13-1129-027 US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
MAGNUM URIAH HEEP ROBIN GEORGE "CRYING DIAMONDS" JAP CD 1 BONUS TRACK - MINT! US $6.76 [0 bids]
Magnum : Road To Paradise Anthology 1978 - 83 - Double CD Remastered US $16.86 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Magnum-1980 poster size press advert US $16.93 Buy It Now 9h 21m
The Kick - Heartland cd 1987 Ten Years After Hours Asia Whitesnake Magnum MSG US $39.90 Buy It Now 9h 38m
MAGNUM 1985 TOUR PROGRAMME GLOSSY COLOUR CONCERT BOOK UK US $18.64 Buy It Now 10h 2m
O Magnum Mysterium, New Music US $11.63 Buy It Now 10h 6m
MAGNUM CHRISTMAS TOUR 1988 PROGRAMME COLOUR BOOKLET - US $18.64 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Rare cd MAGNUM-Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow promo SLIM HARD CASE SPV 2007 US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
MAGNUM STORYTELLER'S NIGHT STUNNING VINYL FREE POSTAGE US $11.01 Buy It Now 11h 16m
MAGNUM-ESCAPE FROM THE SHADOW GARDEN-JAPAN CD BONUS DISC F56 US $29.50 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Magnum - Live From Birmingham [CD New] US $18.46 Buy It Now 13h
MAGNUM Goodnight LA LP nMINT UK 1990 1st Press -1U w/ Inner Sleeve US $16.93 Buy It Now 13h 10m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) just like an arrow 7" b/w two hearts (vhf4) sticker mark on US $8.46 Buy It Now 13h 27m
MAGNUM, THE ELEVENTH HOUR! LP 1983 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX+/NM INNER/SL JETLP 240 US $13.54 Buy It Now 13h 38m
MAGNUM, CHASE THE DRAGON, LP 1982 UK EX/EX-, JETLP 235 US $10.15 Buy It Now 13h 38m
MAGNUM, WINGS OF HEAVEN, LP 1988 HOLLAND 1ST PRESS EX/NM INNER/SL EMBOSSED/SL US $11.84 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Magnum-1985 poster size press advert US $16.93 Buy It Now 15h 6m
MAGNUM 'Changes' 1980 UK 7"/45 vinyl single US $6.76 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Magnum (3) - Spirit - A History 2xCD US $14.39 Buy It Now 15h 46m
MAGNUM Live Ex+ Jet UK 1980 2 x 7" Singles Set US $6.76 Buy It Now 15h 48m
MAGNUM II - EXPANDED EDITION - 2005 CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m
V/A Precious Metal Vinyl LP 1989 SMR976 Magnum Anthrax Ozzy US $15.23 Buy It Now 17h 5m
THE FIFTIES INTERVIEWS Elvis Presley 1990 Magnum Force UK NEW! SEALED! MINT! US $21.95 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Magnum [2 CD] - Wings of Heaven Live (2005) US $5.98 Buy It Now 17h 36m
STEVE LACY the forest and the zoo 24bit Hyper Magnum Sound JAPAN Limited LP MINT US $89.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Magnum - Princess Alice & The Broken Arrow [CD New] US $13.43 Buy It Now 18h
MAGNUM Magnum II 1987 Castle Classics, UK VINYL LP EXCELLENT CONDITION two 2 US $33.87 Buy It Now 18h 20m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) tell tales LP limited edition interview pic disc in die cut US $18.34 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Magnum - Collection [CD New] US $16.85 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Magnum - Live On Air [CD New] US $8.30 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Damage Control ROBIN GEORGE American Way RARE EDIT & VIDEO UK CD Single Magnum US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 55m
Magnum/Days Of No Trust/1988 Polydor 12" US $5.07 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Magnum - Princess Alice And The Broken NEW CD US $13.68 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Richie Cole "West Side Story" Japan Only - Hyper Magnum Sound - Mint US $50.00 [0 bids]
Magnum - On The 13th Day NEW CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 20h 20m
MAGNUM - PRINCESS ALICE & THE BROKEN ARROW NEW CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 20h 27m
Magnum - 5 Original Albums In 1 Box (5cd Box) NEW CD BOX SET US $18.52 Buy It Now 20h 49m
YNGWIE MALMSTEEN-MAGNUM OPUS-VICEROY VIA8026-2 NEW SEALED CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Magnum Mysterium, US $16.99 Buy It Now 21h
Magnum - Brand New Morning NEW CD US $13.68 Buy It Now 21h 16m
MAGNUM - FULLY LOADED NEW CD US $21.68 Buy It Now 21h 51m
MAGNUM - Chase The Dragon ~ VINYL LP US $23.84 Buy It Now 21h 52m
CD: CHARLES & JILL "Dedicated to Charles Bronson" 2003 JAPANESE Bronsons Magnum US $22.97 Buy It Now 22h
MAGNUM kingdom of madness Expanded Edtion UK 2 CD SANCTUARY SEAL US $4.99 [0 bids]
22h
V/A - MARQUEE METAL Thin Lizzy Jimi Hendrix Kiss Uriah Heep Little Angels Magnum US $8.90 Buy It Now 22h 21m
CHESKY 24kt GOLD CD JG 83: O Magnum Mysterium - Westminster Choir - 1992 OOP SLD US $124.99 Buy It Now 22h 30m
Magnum - Escape From The Shadow Garden NEW CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Magnum - Rockin' Chair (Polydor 7" Single - 1990 - PO88) US $3.03 Buy It Now 23h 59m
THE HOODOO GURUS-Magnum C** Louder-rock-power pop-cd's US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Hoodoo Gurus Magnum Cum Louder rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM FORCE: Say Goodbye / Want You So Bad (soul vinyl 12) US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Changes 7" Ps, 3 Tracks, Remixed Studio Version/Live Version/Everybody N US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Days Of No Trust 7" Ps, B/W Maybe Tonight, Posp 910 US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Foolish Heart 7" Rare Orig 1979 Special Advance Radio Station Issue Viny US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Heartbroke And Busted 7" Ps, B/W Hanging Tree, Po 94 US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM It Must Have Been Love 7" Ps, Edit, B/W Crying Time, Posp 930 US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM It Must Have Been Love 7" Ps, Prismatic Pack, Orig 1988 Numbered Ltd Edi US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Live 7" Ps, Double Vinyl Pack, Orig 1980 Ltd Edition, 4 Tracks, All My L US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Lonely Night 7" Double Vinyl Pack In Gatefold Sleeve, Orig 1986 Ltd Edit US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Rockin' Chair 7" Ps, B/W Mama, Po 88 (Vinyl Vg, Surface Marks) US $6.76 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Start Talking Love 7" Pop Up G/Fold Sleeve, Orig Numbered 1988 Ltd Editi US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Start Talking Love 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W C'Est La Vie, 887 525-7 US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM The Lights Burned Out 7" Ps, B/W Long Days Black Nights, Jet 7020 (Vinyl US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
The Storyteller's Collection by Magnum (CD, Nov-2010, Spectrum Music (UK)) US $12.00 [0 bids]
MAGNUM - Chase The Dragon - 1982 Jet Records LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - Wings Of Heaven - 1988 Polydor Records Promo LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Elvis Presley: The King Is Dead On Air Tributes LP M SEALED UK Magnum Force US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1978 MAGNUM Baby Rock Me / Same 7" 45 rpm PROMO Jet ZS8 5059 Stereo US $4.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Chase The Dragon Metal Jet Lp Vinyl Album Original US US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - Kingdom Of Madness - 1978 Jet Records Promo LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YNGWIE MALLMSTEEN MAGNUM OPUS CD ARCGITECT MUSIC 1995 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM FORCE - Say Goodbye 1991 CASSETTE SINGLE Underground CHICAGO Indie R US $4.99 [0 bids]
HOODOO GURUS - MAGNUM CUM LOUDER - CD US $15.16 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM VIGILANTE Cassette Tape US $13.85 Buy It Now 1 day
O Magnum Mysterium by Westminster Choir US $4.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE GALAPAGOS DUCK MAGNUM Cassette Tape US $19.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Fully Loaded CD US $17.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Cannata - Mysterium Magnum [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Brother Magnum & The Razor Bumps - Fire & Steel [CD New] US $13.14 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Magnum Dopus Explicit Lyrics US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LP: PICK UP THE PIECES; THE ROYALS! original UK MAGNUM! VINYL near MINT!! US $67.77 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM NEW DVD US $23.22 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD Magnum - II AOR POMPROCK BOB CATLEY / ESSENTIAL - CASTLE 1999 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(7" Vinyl P/S)Heartbroke And Busted-Polydor-PO 94-UK-Ex+/NM US $13.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Kingdom Of Madness NM- PROMO WLP Jet JZ 35811 DJ album vinyl near mint- US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Kingdom Of Madness-Castle-CLALP 126-UK-VG+/NM US $18.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - On A Storyteller's Night LP+Inner 1985 Polydor Germany NEAR MINT!!! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - LIVE FROM BIRMINGHAM (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $33.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HOODOO GURUS 'MAGNUM CUM LOUDER' US IMPORT LP SEALED US $22.01 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'WINGS OF HEAVEN' DUTCH IMPORT LP US $13.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'ANTHOLOGY' UK DOUBLE LP US $16.93 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(19%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Not brand new ...

I sometimes recognized the title song 'Brand new morning' on a sampler and was surprised. A good, solid rock song with some prog patches. So I was curious about the whole release.

The songs are Hard/Heavy Rock similiar to Thunder, Whitesnake etc. and of course with the unique voice from Bob Catley. Not bad and many fans of rock music might be satisfied.

But for me and I think for a lot of prog fans who usually want to hear more complex songs this is too simple. Only 'Brand new morning' and 'The scarecrow' bring us closer. The rest of the songs are leaving me alone with the question 'Where have I heard this before?'

So my conclusion is: Good but not brand-new and not enough to be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#81773) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006

Review by semismart
5 stars Some facts about British mega rockers, Magnum. Never heard of Magnum? Read on! Magnum's first album Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978. This album, Brand New Morning, was released two years ago. That's twenty-nine years folks. Obviously there's a lot of history behind this band, which one could probably write a book about but here's the condensed version.

They say that timing is everything and I believe it. I've seen it my whole life. Humanity is a mass of trends, some short term, some intermediate and some long term. Magnum formed in 1975 and Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978, about the time when punk rock was taking off. Nevertheless, everyone didn't gravitate to punk and Magnum was good enough to keep churning out albums. A visit to their website reveals the listing of forty-six albums not counting the new release, Princess Alice and the Broken Record, slated for release next month. If it's as good as Brand New Morning, I'm a buyer.

Brand New Morning

If despite their thirty-two years in existence, Magnum is new to you, let me make an admission, they are new to me as well. I started about three months ago with the acquisition of Brand New Morning and from subsequent acquisitions and downloads I have made since; I may have started with if not their best, probably their most consistent album.

Magnum music is essentially rock. The tempos run from medium to medium slow. Their strength seems to be in their memorable catchy choruses and extraordinary musicianship.

This twenty-first century version of Magnum finds them updating their music somewhat but overall it is very much like their pre new millennium music. Magnum's lead singer is Bob Catley has a gravely Sammy Hagar/Bob Segar voice

Conclusion

I like this album. My first inclination was to rate all songs five stars, but after further review I decided only four songs were truly five stars. Of the nine songs on the album, all were at least four stars. Four were bonafide five star songs one, Immigrant Song was four and a half with the remaining four - four stars.

The title track, Brand New Morning, with a solid hard rock feel, not unlike Def Leppard, vied with We All Run, a soft, head bopping number with an ultra catchy chorus; The Last Goodbye, a strong rock number with a great piano intro and another great chorus and Scarecrow, a medium slow tempo, feel good, ten minute number all seem to vie equally for the album's best song

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#112640) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 19, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the whole hit and miss ordeal with the first two Magnum albums I decided that there wasn't any reason for me to pursue the bands other releases. Of course that didn't stop me from listening to Brand New Morning but the reason for that was entirely different.

One of my friends at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is a huge fan of '70s rock bands like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Saxon etc. So one day after a brief discussion it turned out that he also was a huge Magnum fan. Although we seemed to have entirely different tastes when it came to the band's career he still recommended me to check out some of their later works and ultimately agreed to lend me his copy of Brand New Morning.

Well the album does indeed show a totally new side of Magnum for me starting with the heavy title track Brand New Morning which was actually not bad at all! I was really surprised by how great Bob Catley's vocals still sound although he's been in the business for more than 30 years. Tony Clarkin has acquired a totally different style where his guitar basically creates a wall of sound the Bob's vocals bounce off while the rest of the instruments are there to keep the groove going.

Still many of these songs are very forgettable and listening to this album today on Spotify brings almost no memories to me. It doesn't really help that many of these songs make me think of other popular bands like Whitesnake or even Sonata Arctica!

No, Brand New Morning is by no means a return to form, at least not the one I experienced on their 1978 debut album.

**** star songs: Brand New Morning (6:17) We All Run (4:54) The Scarecrow (9:50)

*** star songs: It's Time To Come Together (4:36) The Blue And The Grey (5:53) I'd Breathe For You (6:27) The Last Goodbye (6:28) Immigrant Son (5:35) Hard Road (5:21)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#261103) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Just another morning

The previous Breath Of Life album had been a return to form for Magnum after three weak albums in the 90's. While it lacked standout tracks like Days Of No Trust, Wild Swan, and Don't Wake The Lion from 1988's Wings Of Heaven, Breath Of Life was clearly the best that Magnum had done since that album. The present album, though also far better than any of the weak 90's releases, fails to live up to the relatively high expectations set by Breath Of Life. It certainly doesn't take things anywhere beyond Breath Of Life in either quality or style. Like all the previous Magnum albums since the mid-80's, this one too is full of melodic (Hard) Rock with catchy choruses. Fans of Asia and Styx should sit up and take note! The progressive touches that occasionally sneak into the band's oeuvre, is not wholly absent here, but it is slightly less apparent than on Breath Of Life. Also, I find this album less energetic and passionate compared to the immediate predecessor.

The distinctive vocals of Bob Catley is a large part of what makes the typical Magnum sound and his voice is again stronger here than in the 90's. The most important thing in melodic Rock is, of course, the melodies themselves. These ones are not particularly memorable, but neither are they bad as such.

This is not terrible music by any means, but Prog fans will most probably be less than impressed by this album

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697677) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post a review of MAGNUM "Brand New Morning"