BRAND NEW MORNING

Magnum

Magnum Brand New Morning album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Brand new morning (6:17)
2. It's time to come together (4:36)
3. We all run (4:54)
4. The blue and the grey (5:53)
5. I'd breathe for you (6:27)
6. The last goodbye (6;28)
7. Immigrant son (5:35)

- Al Barrow / bass
- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

Steamhammer/SPV, 2004

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Brand New Morning Music

Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)
Limited Edition
Castle Music UK 2005
Breath of LifeBreath of Life
Extra tracks · Import · Limited Edition
Steamhammer Us 2002
MAGNUM-"MARAUDER" NEW 1980 EURO ISSUE 'LIVE' LP-PROGRESSIVE HARD ROCK BAND US $9.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM-"WHEN THE WORLD COMES DOWN" NEW 1986 U.K. ISSUE 12" SINGLE-PROG HARD ROCK US $6.99 [0 bids]
PF Cuttin - #44 Magnum TAPE KINGZ mixtape 90 minutes US $20.00 [1 bids]
MAGNUM wings of Heaven + inner US $14.73 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Rest on Me by Kim Carnes (CD, Oct-1995, Magnum America) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Magnum - Goodnight L.A., Vinyl LP (A1/B1 matrix no's) UK 1990 (843568-1) US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 50m
MAGNUM-THE ELEVENTH HOUR! (UK 1st PRESSING+LYRIC INNER)EXCELLENT VINYL/EX+ COVER US $13.09 Buy It Now 3h 10m
MIKE BLOOMFIELD AMERICAN HERO 1998 MAGNUM UK US $5.99 [0 bids]
METAL MADNESS - MOTORHEAD, MAGNUM, URIAH HEEP, GARY MOORE, STATUS QUO, COLOSSEUM US $1.50 Buy It Now 3h 27m
JOHNNY FOLKSTON 45 RPM MAGNUM FLORIDA LABEL If I Had Never Met You US $7.99 [1 bids]
VINYL 7" SINGLE - DAYS OF NO TRUST - MAGNUM - POSP910 US $11.46 Buy It Now 4h 34m
MAGNUM On A Storytellers Night LP FM label US $16.39 Buy It Now 4h 46m
JET-35811- MAGNUM Kingdom Of Madness OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
O Magnum Mysterium, , Good US $7.06 Buy It Now 5h 20m
MAGNUM FORCE: Ronnie Steve & Cassie (rare rock & pop vinyl 45) US $40.00 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Magnum - Wings Of Heaven 1988 Netherlands Orig. Lyrics E/M- US $5.99 [1 bids]
MAGNUM VIGILANTE METAL VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $4.99 [0 bids]
(ROCK LP) MAGNUM - CHASE THE DRAGON (UK) US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 9m
HOODOO GURUS Magnum Cum Louder a on Cassette Tape US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
HOODOO GURUS Magnum Cum Louder b on Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
MAGNUM Marauder EXPANDED EDITION CD CASTLE +9 BONUS Bob Catley AOR NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Nemesis- Legion, NEW, Import, Tragik, Magnum, Alibi, Di' Anno, Lionsheart US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
TEN spellbound JAPAN CD Gary Hughes/Magnum/Dare AOR PHCR-1678 US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h
MAD RIVER: Copper Plates/Harfy Magnum ORIGINAL M- CAPITOL PSYCH 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
HOODOO GURUS Magnum Cum Louder LP (9781-1-R) SEALED! BMG 1989 US $10.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM "DAYS OF WONDER" US $6.54 [0 bids]
Robin George - Dangerous Music Live 85 (NEW CD 2007) HEARTLINE NOTORIOUS MAGNUM US $6.54 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Blues 45 JIMMY JOHNSON Don't Answer The Door MAGNUM 719 *LISTEN* US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 57m
I Don't Care by Eartha Kitt (CD, Dec-2003, Magnum) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Magnum - Invasion Live. 1989 Reciever LP + Interview Disc N/Mint US $13.09 Buy It Now 17h 56m
CD/USA - MAGNUM Wings Of Heaven incl. MAYBE TONIGHT 9trx ver. RARE - BOB CATLEY US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h
G NTHER BECKER - G NTHER BECKER: MAGNUM MYSTERIUM - NEW CD US $22.40 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Magnum 'Heartbroke & Busted' RARE Special Edit PS 7" 4 Track EP / Sealed US $16.39 [0 bids]
MAGNUM and KICK - Pennington's Live, Bradford, Thu 12th Dec 2002. Concert Ticket US $1.62 [0 bids]
MAGNUM "MIRADOR", LP, 1987, RARE! US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 55m
PALESTRINA, GIOVANNI - O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM [PALESTRINA, GIOVANNI P. D] - NEW CD US $10.59 Buy It Now 20h 3m
GAUNTLETT, HENRY JOH - O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM [GAUNTLETT, HENRY JOHN] - NEW CD US $16.85 Buy It Now 20h 9m
MAGNUM-sleep walking/11 trax/vg con cd/1992 US $3.61 [4 bids]
MAGNUM-long days black nights/3cds/50 trax/vg con cds/2002+slipcase US $2.05 [1 bids]
MAGNUM ON A STORYTELLERS NIGHT JAPAN LP BOB CATLEY US $24.98 Buy It Now 20h 33m
COMMANDMENT-Engraved In Stone Liege Lord, Oliver Magnum US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 53m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) anthology LP 19 track double album but has wear to edges of US $8.18 Buy It Now 21h
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) interview LP 2 track limited edition chris tetley interview US $8.18 Buy It Now 21h
MAGNUM Hot Nights 12 EX US 1983 Digital orig Allentown AIRA 101 US $37.98 Buy It Now 21h 48m
MAGNUM LIGHTS BURNED OUT UK 1988 CD Single NEW US $7.36 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Hoodoo Gurus Magnum Cum Louder rare LP great condition US $10.99 [0 bids]
METAL The Best of 3-CD (2001) Heavy Rock/Motorhead/UFO/Damned Live/Vardis/Magnum US $14.93 Buy It Now 22h 27m
MAGNUM Rare UK 1985 12" Single JUST LIKE AN ARROW US $5.72 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Magnum - Wings Of Heaven CD 1988 AOR original FM 1st pressing US $1.55 [3 bids]
Magnum - It Must Have Been Love - single on black vinyl 45 rpm US $2.46 [0 bids]
Magnum Band - Adoration... (Haiti/Kompa, LP) US $4.99 [1 bids]
MAGNUM LIVE DOUBLE PACK 1980 7" Single US $4.90 Buy It Now 23h 43m
MAGNUM UK 1988 12" Single DAYS OF NO TRUST LIVE TRAX DiscNEW US $4.90 Buy It Now 23h 47m
MAGNUM UK 1988 12" Single IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE US $4.90 Buy It Now 23h 47m
MAGNUM / VINTAGE MAGNUM / ELEVENTH HOUR / DOUBLE PLAY CASSETTE TAPE / CASTLE US $8.83 Buy It Now 23h 54m
Magnum - On a Storytellers Night - Album LP on clear vinyl - Limited Edition US $16.39 [0 bids]
MAGNUM UK 1986 7" Single MIDNIGHT US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Heartbroke and busted - 12" single on black vinyl US $4.92 [0 bids]
MAGNUM-"IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE" 1988 U.K. ISSUE 4 TRK (2 LIVE) 12" EP US $7.99 [0 bids]
AMULANCE "Feel the pain" ORG cd New Renaissance 88,Oliver Magnum,Gargoyle US $149.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - ROCKIN' CHAIR (RARE No'd CD SINGLE + POSTER) US $6.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Gene Vincent " The Bop They Couldn't Stop " Magnum MFLP 007 stereo, US $10.00 [0 bids]
MAGNUM-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM CD Single Rockin Chair Original 1990 gatefold sleeve with poster US $4.90 [0 bids]
Hoodoo Gurus - Magnum Cum Louder [CD New] US $20.39 Buy It Now 1 day
FORTE UNHOLY WAR CD BRAND NEW POWER METAL oliver magnum US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Icon (Wetton Downes) - S/T (AOR, Pomp, Frontiers 2005, Asia, Thrills, Magnum) US $7.36 [0 bids]
Goodnight L.A. by Magnum (CD, Jul-1990, PolyGram) US $29.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM CHASE THE DRAGON RARE JAPAN JAPANESE PRESSING JET CD 004 US $40.96 Buy It Now 1 day
HOODOO GURUS Magnum Cum Louder, original OOP RCA/BMG CD, 1989, VG US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum C** Louder by Hoodoo Gurus (CD, Jul-1989, RCA) US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chicago Transit Authority - Live LP magnum records US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GROUP HARMONY 45 - JIMMY JOHNSON - DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR - MAGNUM LABEL US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Hoodoo Gurus-Magnum Cum Louder-Cassette-*Sealed*-RCA-9781 4 R US $2.44 [0 bids]
Magnum - Press Materials/Photos US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FORTE-DIVISION-CD-power-thrash-oliver magnum-agent steel-vicious rumors US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Last Dance by Magnum (CD, May-1996, Spv)/2 cd new/Bob Catley/live December 1995 US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Spirit - Live, Live Recording, - NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Angus Young of AC/DC on Kerrang Cover 1990 Magnum Tom Araya Annihilator US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Mysterium, Vol. 2: Classical Music by Various Artists (CD, 2 Discs,... US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - II - 1979 Vinyl Re-issue Import 1987 Lp./ NWOBHM METAL HEAVY ROCK US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM RARE 1986 LIMITED EDITION INTERVIEW PIC DISC US $7.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Brand New Morning (2004) US $14.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum, On a Storytellers Night, Clear vinyl LP in excellent++ condition. US $36.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Chase The Dragon 1982 vinyl LP in excellent++ condition. US $24.58 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE GIBBONS BAND on the loose LP 9 track (mflp041) uk magnum 1986 US $8.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum,Chase The Dragon,Picture Disc,LP US $30.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Chase The Dragon LP Original Issue US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HOODOO GURUS - MAGNUM CUM LOUDER Deluxe Edit. CD *NEW* US $11.30 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM- DAYS OF NO TRUST VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $1.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day
HOLLENTHON-opus magnum/9 trax/digipak/vg con cd/2008 US $2.05 [1 bids]
Magnum - Breath Of Life NEW CD US $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Rockin' Chair 1990 UK 12" vinyl single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $9.82 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM DAYS OF NO TRUST Ltd # 12" WHITE VINYL (UNPLAYED) US $8.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(7" Vinyl P/S)Only In America-Music For Nations-KUT 148-UK-NM/Ex+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(7" Vinyl P/S)Rockin Chair-Polydor-PO 88-UK-VG+/Ex US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Rare UK 1986 12" Single MIDNIGHT Roger Taylor T US $8.18 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM LIVE -2 RECORD Ep.4 TRACK -VINYL EXC - JET RECORDS 1980 US $6.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - Rockin Chair - 7" Single PS US $4.90 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(18%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Not brand new ...

I sometimes recognized the title song 'Brand new morning' on a sampler and was surprised. A good, solid rock song with some prog patches. So I was curious about the whole release.

The songs are Hard/Heavy Rock similiar to Thunder, Whitesnake etc. and of course with the unique voice from Bob Catley. Not bad and many fans of rock music might be satisfied.

But for me and I think for a lot of prog fans who usually want to hear more complex songs this is too simple. Only 'Brand new morning' and 'The scarecrow' bring us closer. The rest of the songs are leaving me alone with the question 'Where have I heard this before?'

So my conclusion is: Good but not brand-new and not enough to be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#81773) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006

Review by semismart
5 stars Some facts about British mega rockers, Magnum. Never heard of Magnum? Read on! Magnum's first album Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978. This album, Brand New Morning, was released two years ago. That's twenty-nine years folks. Obviously there's a lot of history behind this band, which one could probably write a book about but here's the condensed version.

They say that timing is everything and I believe it. I've seen it my whole life. Humanity is a mass of trends, some short term, some intermediate and some long term. Magnum formed in 1975 and Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978, about the time when punk rock was taking off. Nevertheless, everyone didn't gravitate to punk and Magnum was good enough to keep churning out albums. A visit to their website reveals the listing of forty-six albums not counting the new release, Princess Alice and the Broken Record, slated for release next month. If it's as good as Brand New Morning, I'm a buyer.

Brand New Morning

If despite their thirty-two years in existence, Magnum is new to you, let me make an admission, they are new to me as well. I started about three months ago with the acquisition of Brand New Morning and from subsequent acquisitions and downloads I have made since; I may have started with if not their best, probably their most consistent album.

Magnum music is essentially rock. The tempos run from medium to medium slow. Their strength seems to be in their memorable catchy choruses and extraordinary musicianship.

This twenty-first century version of Magnum finds them updating their music somewhat but overall it is very much like their pre new millennium music. Magnum's lead singer is Bob Catley has a gravely Sammy Hagar/Bob Segar voice

Conclusion

I like this album. My first inclination was to rate all songs five stars, but after further review I decided only four songs were truly five stars. Of the nine songs on the album, all were at least four stars. Four were bonafide five star songs one, Immigrant Song was four and a half with the remaining four - four stars.

The title track, Brand New Morning, with a solid hard rock feel, not unlike Def Leppard, vied with We All Run, a soft, head bopping number with an ultra catchy chorus; The Last Goodbye, a strong rock number with a great piano intro and another great chorus and Scarecrow, a medium slow tempo, feel good, ten minute number all seem to vie equally for the album's best song

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#112640) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 19, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the whole hit and miss ordeal with the first two Magnum albums I decided that there wasn't any reason for me to pursue the bands other releases. Of course that didn't stop me from listening to Brand New Morning but the reason for that was entirely different.

One of my friends at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is a huge fan of '70s rock bands like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Saxon etc. So one day after a brief discussion it turned out that he also was a huge Magnum fan. Although we seemed to have entirely different tastes when it came to the band's career he still recommended me to check out some of their later works and ultimately agreed to lend me his copy of Brand New Morning.

Well the album does indeed show a totally new side of Magnum for me starting with the heavy title track Brand New Morning which was actually not bad at all! I was really surprised by how great Bob Catley's vocals still sound although he's been in the business for more than 30 years. Tony Clarkin has acquired a totally different style where his guitar basically creates a wall of sound the Bob's vocals bounce off while the rest of the instruments are there to keep the groove going.

Still many of these songs are very forgettable and listening to this album today on Spotify brings almost no memories to me. It doesn't really help that many of these songs make me think of other popular bands like Whitesnake or even Sonata Arctica!

No, Brand New Morning is by no means a return to form, at least not the one I experienced on their 1978 debut album.

**** star songs: Brand New Morning (6:17) We All Run (4:54) The Scarecrow (9:50)

*** star songs: It's Time To Come Together (4:36) The Blue And The Grey (5:53) I'd Breathe For You (6:27) The Last Goodbye (6:28) Immigrant Son (5:35) Hard Road (5:21)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#261103) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Just another morning

The previous Breath Of Life album had been a return to form for Magnum after three weak albums in the 90's. While it lacked standout tracks like Days Of No Trust, Wild Swan, and Don't Wake The Lion from 1988's Wings Of Heaven, Breath Of Life was clearly the best that Magnum had done since that album. The present album, though also far better than any of the weak 90's releases, fails to live up to the relatively high expectations set by Breath Of Life. It certainly doesn't take things anywhere beyond Breath Of Life in either quality or style. Like all the previous Magnum albums since the mid-80's, this one too is full of melodic (Hard) Rock with catchy choruses. Fans of Asia and Styx should sit up and take note! The progressive touches that occasionally sneak into the band's oeuvre, is not wholly absent here, but it is slightly less apparent than on Breath Of Life. Also, I find this album less energetic and passionate compared to the immediate predecessor.

The distinctive vocals of Bob Catley is a large part of what makes the typical Magnum sound and his voice is again stronger here than in the 90's. The most important thing in melodic Rock is, of course, the melodies themselves. These ones are not particularly memorable, but neither are they bad as such.

This is not terrible music by any means, but Prog fans will most probably be less than impressed by this album

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697677) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post a review of MAGNUM "Brand New Morning"