BRAND NEW MORNING

Magnum

Magnum Brand New Morning album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Brand new morning (6:17)
2. It's time to come together (4:36)
3. We all run (4:54)
4. The blue and the grey (5:53)
5. I'd breathe for you (6:27)
6. The last goodbye (6;28)
7. Immigrant son (5:35)

- Al Barrow / bass
- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

Steamhammer/SPV, 2004

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Brand New Morning Music

Steamhammer Europe 2013
GatheringGathering
Box set · Import
Universal UK 2010
Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)
Limited Edition
Steamhammer / SPV 2014
VigilanteVigilante
Universal Import 1986
VisitationVisitation
Steamhammer Us 2011
Magnum - The Battle - Ariola Express - 291 003Magnum - The Battle - Ariola Express - 291 003
Ariola Express
Audio CD$5.89 (used)
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Kingdom Of Madness-Castle-CLALP 126-UK-VG+/NM US $17.85 Buy It Now 54m 29s
HOODOO GURUS 'MAGNUM CUM LOUDER' US IMPORT LP SEALED US $21.10 Buy It Now 1h 7m
MAGNUM 'WINGS OF HEAVEN' DUTCH IMPORT LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 1h 10m
MAGNUM 'ANTHOLOGY' UK DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 1h 10m
MAGNUM Kingdom Of Madness NM- PROMO WLP Jet JZ 35811 DJ album vinyl near mint- US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
MAGNUM - LIVE FROM BIRMINGHAM (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $31.58 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Magnum Wings Of Heaven 8 Track Vinyl LP (1) US $16.23 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Magnum - The Gathering - 5329907 US $106.02 Buy It Now 1h 33m
KATERINE-MAGNUM (DIGISLEEVE LTD) (FRA) CD NEW US $32.21 Buy It Now 2h
KATERINE-MAGNUM (LTD) (FRA) VINYL LP NEW US $40.19 Buy It Now 2h
XRCD MAGNUM MAGXR001: Amanda McBroom - Dreaming - OOP 2003 JAPAN Near Mint US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
MAGNUM FORCE - TIGHT JEANS - PAULA (BOOGIE/SOUL/R & B) (12" SINGLE) US $8.50 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Hollenthon - Opus Magnum (NEW CD) US $15.01 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Magnum- Days Of No Trust/Maybe Tonight 7" OCTAGONAL SLEEVE 1988 NM NUMBERED 1002 US $9.74 [0 bids]
Magnum WHITE VINYL Days Of No Trust 12" Single (1988) Limited Edition US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Magnum-Vigilante vinyl lp US $4.87 [0 bids]
MAGNUM DAYS OF NO TRUST. RARE WHITE VINYL LTD ED NO'ed US $9.73 Buy It Now 4h 37m
MAGNUM IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE 45 PRISMATIC PACK NUMBERED US $1.46 [2 bids]
MAGNUM ROCKIN CHAIR PS 45 1990 US $1.40 [2 bids]
MAGNUM START TALKING LOVE 3D GATEFOLD PACKAGE PS 45 US $2.11 [2 bids]
MAGNUM - LIVE ON AIR [MAGNUM] - NEW CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Magnum / Kingdom Of Madness JAPAN Bob Catley E US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Magnum Wings Of Heaven Tour Ticket (Hammersmith Odeon 25/03/1988) US $1.61 [1 bids]
Magnum - The Gathering (NEW CD) US $64.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Magnum Force. First Time I Saw Your Face Indie Soul Rnb Cd US $16.23 [0 bids]
MAGNUM Anthology Double Album LP 1985 - RAWLP 007 - pics++ US $3.23 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Magnum - Vigilante - * EXCELLENT * - LP Vinyl Record US $8.04 Buy It Now 6h 37m
ROOTS- PRINCE TONEY -IT A GO DREAD /ROOTS STEPPER on MAGNUM FORCE LABEL ORIG,7" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Magnum - Wings Of Heaven (Japan) / P32P-20177 US $19.50 [8 bids]
MAGNUM - LIVE ON AIR NEW CD US $12.28 Buy It Now 7h 16m
MAGNUM Vigilante 1986 UK/German pressed vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $12.16 Buy It Now 7h 25m
JAG PANZER shadow thief LP titan force satans host griffin oliver magnum US $19.01 [0 bids]
MAGNUM 38 - Old Europe Strikes Back - CD US $22.33 Buy It Now 8h 21m
MAGNUM CD Single Rockin Chair Original 1990 gatefold sleeve with poster US $4.86 [0 bids]
MAGNUM - ROCK ART NEW CD US $15.86 Buy It Now 9h
MAGNUM - ON THE 13TH DAY NEW CD US $20.51 Buy It Now 9h 16m
MAGNUM all songs remixed Mini LP very rare Canadian Disco DENIS LEPAGE bgm-l-001 US $19.49 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Hollenthon - Opus Magnum [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Magnum Itiner Interius: II - Departure At The Betrayal Of Life CD 2012 Vic NEW US $10.95 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Magnum - Breath Of Life/brand New Morning NEW CD US $15.35 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Magnum- Back To Earth/Soldier...& Sacred Hour/ 7"PicSlv US $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 23m
Cosmic American Music by Gram Parsons (CD, Jul-1995, Magnum America) US $9.00 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Magnum/Universe/1978 7" Single/EX US $8.10 Buy It Now 10h 41m
MAGNUM kingdom of madness LP Record 1987 UK VG US $22.50 Buy It Now 10h 59m
MAGNUM Changes 7" Ps, 3 Tracks, Remixed Studio Version/Live Version/Everybody N US $8.10 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM Heartbroke And Busted 7" Ps, B/W Hanging Tree, Po 94 US $8.10 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM It Must Have Been Love 7" Ps, Prismatic Pack, Orig 1988 Numbered Ltd Edi US $9.73 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM Live 7" Ps, Double Vinyl Pack, Orig 1980 Ltd Edition, 4 Tracks, All My L US $8.10 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM Rockin' Chair 7" Ps, B/W Mama, Po 88 (Vinyl Vg, Surface Marks) US $6.48 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM Start Talking Love 7" Ps, German Issue, B/W C'Est La Vie, 887 525-7 US $8.10 Buy It Now 11h 25m
MAGNUM The Lights Burned Out 7" Ps, B/W Long Days Black Nights, Jet 7020 (Vinyl US $9.73 Buy It Now 11h 25m
(DV936) Magnum Opus, 20 tracks various artists - double DJ CD US $11.53 Buy It Now 11h 33m
DILLINGER - TALKIN' BLUES - 1977 MAGNUM RECORDS-LP/Vinyl/Record US $44.95 Buy It Now 11h 35m
MAGNUM - PRINCESS ALICE & THE BROKEN ARROW NEW VINYL US $29.51 Buy It Now 12h 6m
MAGNUM**ON THE THIRTEENTH DAY**CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 13h 41m
MAGNUM-SPIRIT CD NEW US $12.78 Buy It Now 13h 50m
'82 MAGNUM FORCE REGGAE 45 EDI FITZROY BAD BOY money money ? US $70.00 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Magnum Chase The Dragon USA Cassette Tape US $3.29 Buy It Now 14h 12m
Hoodoo Gurus Magnum Cum Louder Cassette *SEALED* US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Magnum Wings of Heaven USA Cassette US $3.29 Buy It Now 14h 13m
HOLLENTHON Opus Magnum CD Pungent Stench US $5.00 [0 bids]
R&B Master Magnum Presents "Nice'n Slow" JAPAN CD A2 US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
JIMMY JOHNSON DON'T OPEN THE DOOR 45 MAGNUM US $8.00 Buy It Now 16h 15m
CD No Introduction Necessary [Page Jones Lee] (1995 Magnum America) US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 33m
BROTHER MAGNUM - FIRE & STEEL NEW CD US $18.38 Buy It Now 17h 46m
Magnum Goodnight LA 1ST PRESS!! A1U/B1U EX/EX+ PLAYS EX!! INNER UK LP US $8.10 Buy It Now 18h 13m
MAGNUM FORCE * A Touch Of Funk / Share My Love * CHI - SOUND US $8.10 Buy It Now 18h 37m
44 MAGNUM Street Rock'n Roller JAPAN LP 1984 EX w/OBI Japanese Heavy Metal US $12.99 Buy It Now 19h
44 MAGNUM Four Figures 4 tracks JAPAN12" 1985 NM w/Shrink Japanese Heavy Metal US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
On the Thirteenth Day by Magnum *New CD* US $10.14 Buy It Now 19h 42m
MAGNUM The Spirit Live CD 1991 Sony Music Media ORIGINAL CD EDITION US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
Magnum - Princess Alice & The Broken Arrow CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 21h 8m
Boone Creek featuring Ricky Skaggs - LP Country Sundown/Magnum UK 85 Exc/Exc+ US $7.96 Buy It Now 21h 30m
MAGNUM Days Of No Trust UK 7" in picture sleeve Polydor POSP 910 1988 US $6.48 Buy It Now 21h 47m
MAGNUM - Start Talking Love 7" single vinyl 1988 Polydor 1988 hard rock AOR US $4.99 Buy It Now 21h 49m
Magnum-Live From Birmingham CD NEW US $23.19 Buy It Now 22h 8m
OLIVER MAGNUM "Drive by" ORG demo 92,Gargoyle,Deadly Blessing US $99.99 Buy It Now 22h 12m
THUNDERDIKK - MAGNUM LOVE NEW CD US $18.38 Buy It Now 22h 28m
MAGNUM;*IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE;*7" EX COND& P/S US $8.93 Buy It Now 22h 33m
MAGNUM - WINGS OF HEAVEN US $11.68 Buy It Now 22h 50m
MAGNUM-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.86 Buy It Now 23h 40m
MAGNUM - Vigilante (CD 1986) WEST GERMANY Pressing US $12.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM Goodnight L.A. LP US $9.74 Buy It Now 23h 49m
MAGNUM HEARTBROKE & BUSTED/HANGING TREE 1990 UK 7" PS US $10.65 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'DAYS OF NO TRUST' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $4.86 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'MAGNUM LIVE' UK 2 x 7" SINGLES SET US $7.71 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'LONELY NIGHT' UK 7" SINGLE US $6.09 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'CHANGES' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $7.71 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'HEARTACHE AND BUSTED' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 4-TRACK 7" EP US $12.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM 'SOLDIER OF THE LINE' UK 7" SINGLE US $11.35 Buy It Now 1 day
IUBARIS - Magnum Coeptum Satanicum CD US $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM "Chase the dragon"cd FM Revolver 88,Kansas US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WILSON, DANA [COMPOS - MAGNUM OPUS: 21ST CENTURY TRUMPET CONCERTOS - NEW CD US $12.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Kingdom Of Madness-Castle-CLALP 126-UK-VG+/NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - ON A STORYTELLERS NIGHT NEW VINYL US $36.70 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM / BACK TO EARTH / 1982 DOUBLE 7" P/S US $8.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallergy LP 1980 Jet Records NWOBHM Quartz (Tony Iommi Black Sabbath), Magnum US $20.00 [0 bids]
MAGNUM~MAGNUM II (2) 1979 (this issue 1987) [A1/B1] US $5.67 [0 bids]
Magnum/Heartbroke and Busted + 2 (UK/#ed LIMITED EDITION Picture Can) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Magnum - On The 13th Day [CD New] US $15.87 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(17%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(30%)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Not brand new ...

I sometimes recognized the title song 'Brand new morning' on a sampler and was surprised. A good, solid rock song with some prog patches. So I was curious about the whole release.

The songs are Hard/Heavy Rock similiar to Thunder, Whitesnake etc. and of course with the unique voice from Bob Catley. Not bad and many fans of rock music might be satisfied.

But for me and I think for a lot of prog fans who usually want to hear more complex songs this is too simple. Only 'Brand new morning' and 'The scarecrow' bring us closer. The rest of the songs are leaving me alone with the question 'Where have I heard this before?'

So my conclusion is: Good but not brand-new and not enough to be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#81773) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006

Review by semismart
5 stars Some facts about British mega rockers, Magnum. Never heard of Magnum? Read on! Magnum's first album Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978. This album, Brand New Morning, was released two years ago. That's twenty-nine years folks. Obviously there's a lot of history behind this band, which one could probably write a book about but here's the condensed version.

They say that timing is everything and I believe it. I've seen it my whole life. Humanity is a mass of trends, some short term, some intermediate and some long term. Magnum formed in 1975 and Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978, about the time when punk rock was taking off. Nevertheless, everyone didn't gravitate to punk and Magnum was good enough to keep churning out albums. A visit to their website reveals the listing of forty-six albums not counting the new release, Princess Alice and the Broken Record, slated for release next month. If it's as good as Brand New Morning, I'm a buyer.

Brand New Morning

If despite their thirty-two years in existence, Magnum is new to you, let me make an admission, they are new to me as well. I started about three months ago with the acquisition of Brand New Morning and from subsequent acquisitions and downloads I have made since; I may have started with if not their best, probably their most consistent album.

Magnum music is essentially rock. The tempos run from medium to medium slow. Their strength seems to be in their memorable catchy choruses and extraordinary musicianship.

This twenty-first century version of Magnum finds them updating their music somewhat but overall it is very much like their pre new millennium music. Magnum's lead singer is Bob Catley has a gravely Sammy Hagar/Bob Segar voice

Conclusion

I like this album. My first inclination was to rate all songs five stars, but after further review I decided only four songs were truly five stars. Of the nine songs on the album, all were at least four stars. Four were bonafide five star songs one, Immigrant Song was four and a half with the remaining four - four stars.

The title track, Brand New Morning, with a solid hard rock feel, not unlike Def Leppard, vied with We All Run, a soft, head bopping number with an ultra catchy chorus; The Last Goodbye, a strong rock number with a great piano intro and another great chorus and Scarecrow, a medium slow tempo, feel good, ten minute number all seem to vie equally for the album's best song

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#112640) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 19, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the whole hit and miss ordeal with the first two Magnum albums I decided that there wasn't any reason for me to pursue the bands other releases. Of course that didn't stop me from listening to Brand New Morning but the reason for that was entirely different.

One of my friends at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is a huge fan of '70s rock bands like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Saxon etc. So one day after a brief discussion it turned out that he also was a huge Magnum fan. Although we seemed to have entirely different tastes when it came to the band's career he still recommended me to check out some of their later works and ultimately agreed to lend me his copy of Brand New Morning.

Well the album does indeed show a totally new side of Magnum for me starting with the heavy title track Brand New Morning which was actually not bad at all! I was really surprised by how great Bob Catley's vocals still sound although he's been in the business for more than 30 years. Tony Clarkin has acquired a totally different style where his guitar basically creates a wall of sound the Bob's vocals bounce off while the rest of the instruments are there to keep the groove going.

Still many of these songs are very forgettable and listening to this album today on Spotify brings almost no memories to me. It doesn't really help that many of these songs make me think of other popular bands like Whitesnake or even Sonata Arctica!

No, Brand New Morning is by no means a return to form, at least not the one I experienced on their 1978 debut album.

**** star songs: Brand New Morning (6:17) We All Run (4:54) The Scarecrow (9:50)

*** star songs: It's Time To Come Together (4:36) The Blue And The Grey (5:53) I'd Breathe For You (6:27) The Last Goodbye (6:28) Immigrant Son (5:35) Hard Road (5:21)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#261103) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Just another morning

The previous Breath Of Life album had been a return to form for Magnum after three weak albums in the 90's. While it lacked standout tracks like Days Of No Trust, Wild Swan, and Don't Wake The Lion from 1988's Wings Of Heaven, Breath Of Life was clearly the best that Magnum had done since that album. The present album, though also far better than any of the weak 90's releases, fails to live up to the relatively high expectations set by Breath Of Life. It certainly doesn't take things anywhere beyond Breath Of Life in either quality or style. Like all the previous Magnum albums since the mid-80's, this one too is full of melodic (Hard) Rock with catchy choruses. Fans of Asia and Styx should sit up and take note! The progressive touches that occasionally sneak into the band's oeuvre, is not wholly absent here, but it is slightly less apparent than on Breath Of Life. Also, I find this album less energetic and passionate compared to the immediate predecessor.

The distinctive vocals of Bob Catley is a large part of what makes the typical Magnum sound and his voice is again stronger here than in the 90's. The most important thing in melodic Rock is, of course, the melodies themselves. These ones are not particularly memorable, but neither are they bad as such.

This is not terrible music by any means, but Prog fans will most probably be less than impressed by this album

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697677) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post a review of MAGNUM "Brand New Morning"