BRAND NEW MORNING

Magnum

Magnum Brand New Morning album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Brand new morning (6:17)
2. It's time to come together (4:36)
3. We all run (4:54)
4. The blue and the grey (5:53)
5. I'd breathe for you (6:27)
6. The last goodbye (6;28)
7. Immigrant son (5:35)

- Al Barrow / bass
- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

Steamhammer/SPV, 2004

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Brand New Morning Music

Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)
Limited Edition
AnthologyAnthology
Essen 2000
Fully LoadedFully Loaded
Jamie / Guyden 2000
44 MAGNUM Street Rock'n Roller 1984 TEST PRESSING WHITE LABEL VERY RARE LOW # US $29.95 Buy It Now 32m 9s
Magnum - Live From Birmingham CD US $26.07 Buy It Now 48m 54s
Magnum - On A Storytellers Night CD US $32.05 Buy It Now 52m 6s
44MAGNUM Street Rock'n Roller 1984 vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION RECORD NWOBHM US $31.07 Buy It Now 54m 26s
FURY-Endangered Hearts 1988 Mega Rare AOR Org.ZNE Records ROMEO TOPAZ MAGNUM US $899.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
WESTMINSTER CHOIR Joseph Flummerfelt O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM Nancianne Parrella organ US $1.86 [2 bids]
HOLLENTHON - OPUS MAGNUM CD ALBUM US $6.98 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Chase The Dragon-Jet-JETLP 235-UK-Ex/Ex US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)II-Jet-JETLP 222-UK-NM/NM US $26.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Marauder-Castle-CLALP 124-UK-Ex+/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Magnum GOODNIGHT L.A. US $14.90 Buy It Now 2h 32m
MAGNUM-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.96 Buy It Now 3h
Yngwie Malmsteen - Magnum Opus (CD 2003). Ex Cond US $7.87 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Masaharu Fukuyama - MAGNUM COLLECTION SLOW Japan CD+DVD - NEW US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Lot 3 CD's MAGNUM: Rock Art, Chapter Verse, On A Storytellers Night (1st Press) US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
MAGNUM - THE SPIRIT 2003 UK CD * NEW * US $11.59 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Magnum - Spirit (Live) [CD New] US $9.08 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Magnum - Vigilante [CD New] US $14.13 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Magnum - Visitation [CD New] US $14.94 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Magnum - Brand New Morning [Vinyl New] US $23.55 Buy It Now 5h 47m
MIKE POST Television Theme Songs 1982 VG+ Hill Street Blues Magnum P.I. Rockford US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Magnum - Two NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 6h 9m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) need a lot of love 7" remix edit in unique pic sleeve desig US $21.30 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Avantasia - Wicked Symphony (CD 2010) -Symphony X/Scorpions/Magnum,) US $3.33 [4 bids]
Al Jolson Snap Your Fingers Cd TKO MAGNUM 1998 New! Sealed!! US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
CAM'RON FEATURING MASE Horse & Carriage CD 3 Tracks Inc 357 Magnum+Tricky Mix US $5.39 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Magnum Live from Birmingham Limited Edition Numbered Deluxe Gatefold 180gram 2LP US $31.48 Buy It Now 8h 32m
X by Klaus Schulze (CD, Sep-1996, 2 Discs, Magnum America) US $45.99 Buy It Now 8h 36m
LALO SCHIFRIN - MAGNUM FORCE - (SCORE) SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $20.40 Buy It Now 10h 18m
SNOWBLIND "S/T" ORG cd Mausoleum 94,Magnum,Journey,Foreigner US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
MAGNUM WINGS OF HEAVEN LP ARGENTINA US $13.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Magnum-Magnum 2- Free UK Post US $16.56 Buy It Now 11h
OLIVER MAGNUM "S/T" ORG cd New Renaissance 89,Shok Paris,Gargoyle US $79.99 Buy It Now 11h 5m
SCHEMATIX Contradictions Ep CD 4 Tracks, Memorandum/I Mind/Daymare/Magnum Six, US $7.05 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Magnum Picture Disc Chris Tetley Interview 1988 Fotodisk (UK) CT-1018 Sealed LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MAGNUM Kingdom of Madness LP NM- Promo Jet JZ 35811 1978 prog rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 5m
MAGNUM - VIGILANTE , POLYDOR 1986 , EX/EX ,LP US $6.55 Buy It Now 12h 7m
Magnum Force - Hang Out HOUSE 12" Single Vinyl 1986 Meltone US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Heltah Skeltah - Magnum Force (Clean Promo Sampler) HIP HOP 12" Single Vinyl 199 US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
CHUCK BERRY Live In Concert ROCK SEALED 2XLP MAGNUM Gatefold US $9.99 [0 bids]
FORTE STRANGER THAN FICTION REISSUE CD oliver magnum US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 27m
MAGNUM-Breath Of Life JAPAN ONLY 2CD 1st.Press w/OBI Marillion Iron Maiden Rush US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
MAGNUM-Live In London JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Scorpions Marillion Iron Maideen US $59.99 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Magnum: Kingdom of Madness - 2 CDs - brand new US $4.95 [0 bids]
JIMMY JOHNSON on Magnum719 with Hank Alexander - Don't Answer The Door -- VG+ US $11.69 Buy It Now 14h 41m
MAGNUM - ARCHIVE (CD) 2000 RECEIVER IMPORT RRCD 281 US $12.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
lot of 5 SOUNDTRACK 45 records la law top gun magnum p.i. hill street blues US $6.99 [0 bids]
^ MAGNUM marauder ARC-7161 JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $44.99 Buy It Now 15h 13m
MAGNUM ~ Heartbroke & Busted ~ 7" Single PS US $4.96 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Top Quality -Magnum Opus(CD,1994)East Coast Rap/R&B/Soul US $5.00 [0 bids]
The R&B Master magnum Japan 2 CD NEW Ne-Yo,TLC,N.E.R.D US $14.16 Buy It Now 18h 40m
44 Magnum - Emotional Color - Japan CD - NEW 1988 US $94.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Magnum The Visitation CD NEW (UK Import) US $54.59 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Heltah Skeltah / Magnum Force Rap Cassette Tape Priority Records VGC OOP PA US $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 53m
MAGNUM, START TALKING LOVE / C'EST LA VIE, 1988 7"x45rpm SINGLE RECORD US $4.65 Buy It Now 19h 56m
Hoodoo Gurus Magnum Cum Louder Cd US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 36m
HOODOO GURUS Magnum Cum Louder CD Dave Faulkner **Original** BMG-RCA **1989** US $6.95 Buy It Now 21h
CD Album: Gordon Giltrap : The River Sessions Live At the Magnum, Irvine 1979 US $17.14 Buy It Now 21h 2m
Acxdc Magnum Force Sex Prisoner Acxdc Magnum Force Sex Prisoner 10-In Sin Record US $16.10 Buy It Now 22h 3m
MAGNUM FORCE * A Touch Of Funk / Share My Love * CHI - SOUND US $8.27 Buy It Now 22h 39m
MAGNUM Kingdom Of Madness LP nMINT UK 1987 Castle Classics Records US $16.56 Buy It Now 22h 49m
MAGNUM Vigilante LP EX UK 1986 Polydor Records w/ Inner Sleeve US $16.56 Buy It Now 22h 55m
MAGNUM Vigilante LP nMINT HOL 1988 Polydor Records w/ Inner Sleeve US $16.56 Buy It Now 22h 59m
MAGNUM - DAYS OF WONDER - NEW CD US $21.12 Buy It Now 23h 32m
MAGNUM - TRANSMISSIONS - NEW ENHANCED CD & BOOK SET US $11.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Bopcats - Black Stocking Rock (Magnum Force, 1983) 12"LP US $28.99 [0 bids]
Strollers - Five Cats Down (Magnum Force, 1982) 12"LP US $10.99 [0 bids]
magnum - it must have been love - 7" vinyl single - limited numbered edition US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Live from Birmingham ltd edition 12" 2LP vinyl new and sealed US $28.16 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Marauder LP EX+ UK 1987 Castle Classics US $13.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Marauder by Magnum (CD, Oct-2005, Castle) New US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM / LIVE / 1980 DOUBLE 7" P/S US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
SCREAMER "Target earth" ORG cd New Renaissance 88,Oliver Magnum,Sacred Blade US $119.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Band-Jehovah LP-RARE WORLD/LATIN/PSYCHEDELIC/JAZZ/ROCK-FREE UK P US $21.53 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - START TALKING LOVE - 7" VINYL PICTURE SLEEVE 1988 POLYDOR US $5.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - BACK TO EARTH 7" VINYL DOUBLE PACK PS US $9.10 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - BACK TO EARTH 7" VINYL DOUBLE PACK PS US $10.76 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - START TALKING LOVE 7" VINYL PS US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - THE LIGHTS BURNED OUT 7" VINYL PS US $14.07 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - UNIVERSE / INVASION 7" VINYL US $9.10 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - WHEN THE WORLD COMES DOWN 7" VINYL PS US $10.76 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Wings Of Heaven POLYDOR LP Lyric Inner US $19.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Chase The Dragon JET UK 1st Press A1/B1 LP  US $19.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Magnum II 2 JET UK 1st Press A1/B1 LP LYRIC INNER US $13.26 Buy It Now 1 day
44 MAGNUM/ACTOR JPN 30ML-1 US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE POST - THEME FROM MAGNUM P.I. 7" VINYL PS US $16.56 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM-Lot of 2 magazine adverts US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Two - CMQCD1229 US $10.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum On A Storyteller's Night CD Melodic Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum- Collection melodic prog cassette/tape/MC new,still sealed S/S US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Live From Birmingham (NEW CD) US $16.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Princess Alice & The Broken Arrow [Vinyl New] US $23.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Two CD Melodic Rock Music Album Brand New US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Chapter And Verse - The Very Best Of Ma NEW CD US $5.82 Buy It Now 1 day
GUC Magnum Force "Share My Love" LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM FORCE - Cool Out - PAULA HOUSE 12" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM COLTRANE PRICE - GETAWAY NEW CD US $24.22 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM..HEARTBROKE AND BUSTED..EXCELLENT 1990 POLYDOR PROG.ROCK 7"..PO 94 US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Days Of No Trust - Polydor - 1988 #205388 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Rockin' Chair - Polydor - 1990 #307118 US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(18%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(32%)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Not brand new ...

I sometimes recognized the title song 'Brand new morning' on a sampler and was surprised. A good, solid rock song with some prog patches. So I was curious about the whole release.

The songs are Hard/Heavy Rock similiar to Thunder, Whitesnake etc. and of course with the unique voice from Bob Catley. Not bad and many fans of rock music might be satisfied.

But for me and I think for a lot of prog fans who usually want to hear more complex songs this is too simple. Only 'Brand new morning' and 'The scarecrow' bring us closer. The rest of the songs are leaving me alone with the question 'Where have I heard this before?'

So my conclusion is: Good but not brand-new and not enough to be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#81773) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006

Review by semismart
5 stars Some facts about British mega rockers, Magnum. Never heard of Magnum? Read on! Magnum's first album Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978. This album, Brand New Morning, was released two years ago. That's twenty-nine years folks. Obviously there's a lot of history behind this band, which one could probably write a book about but here's the condensed version.

They say that timing is everything and I believe it. I've seen it my whole life. Humanity is a mass of trends, some short term, some intermediate and some long term. Magnum formed in 1975 and Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978, about the time when punk rock was taking off. Nevertheless, everyone didn't gravitate to punk and Magnum was good enough to keep churning out albums. A visit to their website reveals the listing of forty-six albums not counting the new release, Princess Alice and the Broken Record, slated for release next month. If it's as good as Brand New Morning, I'm a buyer.

Brand New Morning

If despite their thirty-two years in existence, Magnum is new to you, let me make an admission, they are new to me as well. I started about three months ago with the acquisition of Brand New Morning and from subsequent acquisitions and downloads I have made since; I may have started with if not their best, probably their most consistent album.

Magnum music is essentially rock. The tempos run from medium to medium slow. Their strength seems to be in their memorable catchy choruses and extraordinary musicianship.

This twenty-first century version of Magnum finds them updating their music somewhat but overall it is very much like their pre new millennium music. Magnum's lead singer is Bob Catley has a gravely Sammy Hagar/Bob Segar voice

Conclusion

I like this album. My first inclination was to rate all songs five stars, but after further review I decided only four songs were truly five stars. Of the nine songs on the album, all were at least four stars. Four were bonafide five star songs one, Immigrant Song was four and a half with the remaining four - four stars.

The title track, Brand New Morning, with a solid hard rock feel, not unlike Def Leppard, vied with We All Run, a soft, head bopping number with an ultra catchy chorus; The Last Goodbye, a strong rock number with a great piano intro and another great chorus and Scarecrow, a medium slow tempo, feel good, ten minute number all seem to vie equally for the album's best song

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#112640) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 19, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the whole hit and miss ordeal with the first two Magnum albums I decided that there wasn't any reason for me to pursue the bands other releases. Of course that didn't stop me from listening to Brand New Morning but the reason for that was entirely different.

One of my friends at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is a huge fan of '70s rock bands like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Saxon etc. So one day after a brief discussion it turned out that he also was a huge Magnum fan. Although we seemed to have entirely different tastes when it came to the band's career he still recommended me to check out some of their later works and ultimately agreed to lend me his copy of Brand New Morning.

Well the album does indeed show a totally new side of Magnum for me starting with the heavy title track Brand New Morning which was actually not bad at all! I was really surprised by how great Bob Catley's vocals still sound although he's been in the business for more than 30 years. Tony Clarkin has acquired a totally different style where his guitar basically creates a wall of sound the Bob's vocals bounce off while the rest of the instruments are there to keep the groove going.

Still many of these songs are very forgettable and listening to this album today on Spotify brings almost no memories to me. It doesn't really help that many of these songs make me think of other popular bands like Whitesnake or even Sonata Arctica!

No, Brand New Morning is by no means a return to form, at least not the one I experienced on their 1978 debut album.

**** star songs: Brand New Morning (6:17) We All Run (4:54) The Scarecrow (9:50)

*** star songs: It's Time To Come Together (4:36) The Blue And The Grey (5:53) I'd Breathe For You (6:27) The Last Goodbye (6:28) Immigrant Son (5:35) Hard Road (5:21)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#261103) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Just another morning

The previous Breath Of Life album had been a return to form for Magnum after three weak albums in the 90's. While it lacked standout tracks like Days Of No Trust, Wild Swan, and Don't Wake The Lion from 1988's Wings Of Heaven, Breath Of Life was clearly the best that Magnum had done since that album. The present album, though also far better than any of the weak 90's releases, fails to live up to the relatively high expectations set by Breath Of Life. It certainly doesn't take things anywhere beyond Breath Of Life in either quality or style. Like all the previous Magnum albums since the mid-80's, this one too is full of melodic (Hard) Rock with catchy choruses. Fans of Asia and Styx should sit up and take note! The progressive touches that occasionally sneak into the band's oeuvre, is not wholly absent here, but it is slightly less apparent than on Breath Of Life. Also, I find this album less energetic and passionate compared to the immediate predecessor.

The distinctive vocals of Bob Catley is a large part of what makes the typical Magnum sound and his voice is again stronger here than in the 90's. The most important thing in melodic Rock is, of course, the melodies themselves. These ones are not particularly memorable, but neither are they bad as such.

This is not terrible music by any means, but Prog fans will most probably be less than impressed by this album

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697677) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post a review of MAGNUM "Brand New Morning"