BRAND NEW MORNING

Magnum

Magnum Brand New Morning album cover

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Brand new morning (6:17)
2. It's time to come together (4:36)
3. We all run (4:54)
4. The blue and the grey (5:53)
5. I'd breathe for you (6:27)
6. The last goodbye (6;28)
7. Immigrant son (5:35)

- Al Barrow / bass
- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

Steamhammer/SPV, 2004

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Brand New Morning Music

Wings of HeavenWings of Heaven
Polydor 2007
Chase the DragonChase the Dragon
Extra tracks · Import
Disk Union 2006
Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)Escape From the Shadow Garden (CD+DVD)
Limited Edition
Jamie / Guyden 2000
Hoodoo Gurus Magnum Cum Louder Sealed LP Australian Garage US $4.99 [0 bids]
49m 28s
(AU239) Magnum 38, Old Europe Strikes Back - DJ CD US $9.76 Buy It Now 52m 37s
MAGNUM**LIVE FROM BIRMINGHAM (GATEFOLD/LTD/NUMBERED/180 GRAM/BONUS)**2 LP SET US $27.33 Buy It Now 55m 21s
MAGNUM**SPIRIT**CD US $12.80 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Magnum Rockin' Chair 7" Single US $5.09 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Live Injection by The Selecter (CD, Feb-1996, Magnum America) US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
MORTEN LAURIDSEN**O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM**CD US $8.35 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DRESDNER KREUZCHOR**O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM: CHRISTMAS**CD US $14.76 Buy It Now 1h 44m
MAGNUM**WINGS OF HEAVEN LIVE**2CD US $14.88 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Captured by The Albion Band (CD, Oct-1995, Magnum) US $6.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM**VERY BEST OF: CHAPTER AND VERSE**CD US $12.80 Buy It Now 1h 54m
MAGNUM**DAYS OF WONDER**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Steely Dan - Old Regime - Magnum America - MACD-060 - STILL SEALED US $11.00 [0 bids]
JIMMY RUSHING & CHAMPION JACK DUPREE-Dynamic Duo-Blues-1996 Magnum-RARE/OOP US $19.92 Buy It Now 3h
Magnum Opus [PA] by Top Quality (Cassette, Mar-1994, PMD Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Hoodoo Gurus - Magnum C** Louder CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Vigilante by Magnum (CD, Sep-1986, Universal/Polydor) US $7.56 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Magnum - Into The Valley Of The Moon King [CD New] US $16.17 Buy It Now 5h 9m
MAGNUM - INTO THE VALLEY OF THE MOONKING NEW CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 5h 20m
The Storyteller's Collection by Magnum (CD, Nov-2010, Spectrum Music (UK)) US $7.45 Buy It Now 5h 42m
Howie Alper's Greatest Hits Oh Yeah CD 1995 Magnum Opus Alper Service Vtg Signed US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Bob Marley and the Wailers Original Vinyl LP 1981 Magnum Records SSS 35 Sealed US $34.27 Buy It Now 6h 58m
O Magnum Mysterium, Victoria, T.L. De, Good Import US $4.11 Buy It Now 7h 29m
MAGNUM on a story tellers night +1 CD SEALED LT61 US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) it must have been love 12" 4 track limited and numbered blu US $19.33 Buy It Now 12h 50m
HARD RAIN: Hard Rain CD+OBI JAPAN 1996 RARE Magnum Bob Catley Ships from SWEDEN US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
RANKING MAGNUM "BEACH PARTY" 1977 JAMAICAN PROPHECY US $6.77 [0 bids]
44 MAGNUM DANGER JAPANESE METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
44 MAGNUM STREET ROCK'N ROLLER w/shrink JAPANESE METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
MAGNUM 7" PS Compravendita OBSCURE Italian ELECTRO Prog ROCK Rare 45 1979 US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 27m
MAGNUM (METAL GROUP) changes 7" b/w lonesome star (jet155) pic sleeve uk jet 197 US $8.47 Buy It Now 14h 58m
Magnum - Storyteller's Collection (CD 2010) US $8.40 Buy It Now 15h 16m
Magnum - A Introduction To Magnum n (CD 2004) US $8.40 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Invasion - Live-UK-RRLP 113-Receiver-M/M US $22.05 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Magnum,Chase The Dragon,Picture Disc,LP US $34.78 Buy It Now 16h 12m
CHARLIE GRACIE ROCKIN' PHILADELPHIA FRENCH 10" MAGNUM RECORDS LP FREE UK POST US $67.90 Buy It Now 17h 23m
O Magnum Mysterium [Crist?bal de Morales, Manfred Cordes ] [CPO: 777820-2] US $17.30 Buy It Now 17h 34m
WILSON AUDIOPHILE WCD-8111 MAGNUM OPUS VOLUME ONE JAMES WELCH ORGAN CD US $99.99 [0 bids]
WILSON AUDIOPHILE WCD-8314 MAGNUM OPUS VOLUME TWO JAMES WELCH ORGAN CD US $99.99 [0 bids]
Legends by Bob Catley/Magnum/new cd/Gary Hughes/Ten/Vinny Burns/Dare/new cd US $80.00 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Wings Of Heaven-Polydor-POLD 5221-Netherlands-VG+/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Vigilante-Polydor-POLD 5198-UK-VG+/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Invasion - Live-UK-RRLP 113-Receiver-M/M US $20.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
SHAW / FESTIVAL SINGERS / CHAMBER SINGERS - O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM NEW CD US $23.29 Buy It Now 19h 8m
MAGNUM VIGILANTE PROMO 1986 VG+ TO VG++ US $16.00 Buy It Now 19h 10m
MAGNUM kingdom of madness Expanded Edtion UK SANCTUARY 2 CD SEALED NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Magnum Brand New Morning LP (UK Import) NEW US $27.73 Buy It Now 19h 14m
Magnum Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow LP (UK Import) NEW US $29.81 Buy It Now 19h 14m
Magnum On A Storytellers Night LP NEW (UK Import) US $23.38 Buy It Now 19h 56m
.357 Magnum - Steely & Clevie, Various Artist, Reggae Dancehall LP Record (new) US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
MAGNUM marauder US $15.26 Buy It Now 20h 48m
MAGNUM / VIGILANTE / CASSETTE TAPE / POLYDOR US $7.94 Buy It Now 20h 54m
Magnum - Breath Of Life/brand New Morning NEW CD US $13.70 Buy It Now 20h 55m
Magnum The Visitation LP NEW (UK Import) US $26.82 Buy It Now 21h 19m
Magnum - On A Storytellers Night NEW CD US $11.47 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Magnum - Live From Birmingham (180GM) (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $33.93 Buy It Now 22h 36m
FURY-Endangered Hearts 1988 Mega Rare AOR Org.ZNE Records ROMEO TOPAZ MAGNUM US $600.00 [0 bids]
JOHNNY NASH Love Me Tender LP 1978 Magnum MR-602 US $4.99 [0 bids]
EXC/NM 12"~TOP QUALITY ~ Magnum Opus/Instru/REMIX/REMIX Instru'[1993]OG US $2.97 [0 bids]
Roy Ayers Searchin' Live at Ronnie Scott's Club May 1990 JACD 021 Magnum CD HTF US $8.99 [0 bids]
Escape from the Shadow Garden [3/24] by Magnum (Vinyl, Mar-2014, 2 Discs,... US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum live concert Wembley 2 June 1990 very small mini poster print A5 US $25.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Itiner Interius - Departure At The Betrayal Of Life [CD New] US $20.52 Buy It Now 1 day
ACXDC/MAGNUM FORCE/SEX PRISONER NEW VINYL US $22.35 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM Wings of heaven + inner sleeve POLYDOR US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
SIELWOLF - MAGNUM FORCE - NEW CD US $10.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Picture Disc Chris Tetley Interview 1988 Fotodisk (UK) CT-1018 Sealed LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
HOLLENTHON - Opus Magnum (Digi Pack CD) NEW SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM - BRAND NEW MORNING NEW VINYL US $31.85 Buy It Now 1 day
STONE MAGNUM - s/t (Vinyl LP 2012 R.I.P. Records D&L 024 LP) NEW SEALED US $17.70 [0 bids]
Prime Cuts by Pauline Black (CD, Oct-1995, Magnum) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Magnum Vigilante 10 Track Vinyl Album US $18.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Schifrin,Lalo - Magnum Force [CD New] US $12.51 Buy It Now 1 day
I Don't Care by Eartha Kitt (CD, Dec-2003, Magnum) RARE OOP US $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - VISITATION (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $25.23 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM - SPIRIT NEW CD US $14.43 Buy It Now 1 day
DRESDEN KREUZCHOR (B - O MAGNUM MYSTERIUM [DRESDEN KREUZCHOR (BOY'S - NEW CD US $14.87 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM-HOT NIGHTS-'83 SEMI-PRIVATE US HARD ROCK EP-ALLENTOWN INTERNATIONAL US $9.99 [2 bids]
RARE DISCO 12'' DIRTY HARRY DISCO MIX MAGNUM CLASH PUNK FUNK HEAR US $24.99 [0 bids]
RARE BOOGIE 12'' MAGNUM FORCE Girl You're Too Cool KELLI-ARTS PROMO FUNK HEAR US $24.99 [0 bids]
MAGNUM Escape From The Shadow Garden Deluxe Edition JAPAN 2 CD 2014 Evolution US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
44 MAGNUM Street Rock'n Roller 1984 TEST PRESSING WHITE LABEL VERY RARE LOW # US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM baby rock me 12" VG+ AS 581 Vinyl 1978 Record US $9.60 Buy It Now 1 day
44 MAGNUM - DANGER, RARE ORG 1983 JAPAN vinyl LP + OBI, M-/M-! MOON-28015 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BLUE CAPS Gene Vincent ON THE ROAD AGAIN (2000, Magnum) Import CD US $1.50 [0 bids]
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Vintage-Jet-JET LP EX 002-UK-NM/NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum(Vinyl LP)Vintage-Jet-JET LP EX 002-UK-NM/NM US $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY CLARKIN (Magnum) - 1994 Magazine Poster US $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
MAGNUM-ON THE 13TH DAY-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $28.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Opus By Top Quality CD Mar 1994 PMD Records New US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Back to Earth 7" JET7027 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Magnum Live 7" JET175 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Changes 7" JET188 G/EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Days of no trust 7" POSP910 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Days of no trust 7" POSPG910 G/EX UK Limited Edition Octopack Sleeve US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Heartbroke and busted 7" PO94 EX/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Heartbroke and busted EP 7" POP94 G/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum It must have been love 7" POSPG930 EX/EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum Universe 7" SJET128 /EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Magnum - Brand New Morning (2004) [SEALED] US $10.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(19%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(33%)

MAGNUM Brand New Morning reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Not brand new ...

I sometimes recognized the title song 'Brand new morning' on a sampler and was surprised. A good, solid rock song with some prog patches. So I was curious about the whole release.

The songs are Hard/Heavy Rock similiar to Thunder, Whitesnake etc. and of course with the unique voice from Bob Catley. Not bad and many fans of rock music might be satisfied.

But for me and I think for a lot of prog fans who usually want to hear more complex songs this is too simple. Only 'Brand new morning' and 'The scarecrow' bring us closer. The rest of the songs are leaving me alone with the question 'Where have I heard this before?'

So my conclusion is: Good but not brand-new and not enough to be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#81773) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 22, 2006

Review by semismart
5 stars Some facts about British mega rockers, Magnum. Never heard of Magnum? Read on! Magnum's first album Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978. This album, Brand New Morning, was released two years ago. That's twenty-nine years folks. Obviously there's a lot of history behind this band, which one could probably write a book about but here's the condensed version.

They say that timing is everything and I believe it. I've seen it my whole life. Humanity is a mass of trends, some short term, some intermediate and some long term. Magnum formed in 1975 and Kingdom of Madness was released in 1978, about the time when punk rock was taking off. Nevertheless, everyone didn't gravitate to punk and Magnum was good enough to keep churning out albums. A visit to their website reveals the listing of forty-six albums not counting the new release, Princess Alice and the Broken Record, slated for release next month. If it's as good as Brand New Morning, I'm a buyer.

Brand New Morning

If despite their thirty-two years in existence, Magnum is new to you, let me make an admission, they are new to me as well. I started about three months ago with the acquisition of Brand New Morning and from subsequent acquisitions and downloads I have made since; I may have started with if not their best, probably their most consistent album.

Magnum music is essentially rock. The tempos run from medium to medium slow. Their strength seems to be in their memorable catchy choruses and extraordinary musicianship.

This twenty-first century version of Magnum finds them updating their music somewhat but overall it is very much like their pre new millennium music. Magnum's lead singer is Bob Catley has a gravely Sammy Hagar/Bob Segar voice

Conclusion

I like this album. My first inclination was to rate all songs five stars, but after further review I decided only four songs were truly five stars. Of the nine songs on the album, all were at least four stars. Four were bonafide five star songs one, Immigrant Song was four and a half with the remaining four - four stars.

The title track, Brand New Morning, with a solid hard rock feel, not unlike Def Leppard, vied with We All Run, a soft, head bopping number with an ultra catchy chorus; The Last Goodbye, a strong rock number with a great piano intro and another great chorus and Scarecrow, a medium slow tempo, feel good, ten minute number all seem to vie equally for the album's best song

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#112640) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 19, 2007

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the whole hit and miss ordeal with the first two Magnum albums I decided that there wasn't any reason for me to pursue the bands other releases. Of course that didn't stop me from listening to Brand New Morning but the reason for that was entirely different.

One of my friends at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) is a huge fan of '70s rock bands like Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Saxon etc. So one day after a brief discussion it turned out that he also was a huge Magnum fan. Although we seemed to have entirely different tastes when it came to the band's career he still recommended me to check out some of their later works and ultimately agreed to lend me his copy of Brand New Morning.

Well the album does indeed show a totally new side of Magnum for me starting with the heavy title track Brand New Morning which was actually not bad at all! I was really surprised by how great Bob Catley's vocals still sound although he's been in the business for more than 30 years. Tony Clarkin has acquired a totally different style where his guitar basically creates a wall of sound the Bob's vocals bounce off while the rest of the instruments are there to keep the groove going.

Still many of these songs are very forgettable and listening to this album today on Spotify brings almost no memories to me. It doesn't really help that many of these songs make me think of other popular bands like Whitesnake or even Sonata Arctica!

No, Brand New Morning is by no means a return to form, at least not the one I experienced on their 1978 debut album.

**** star songs: Brand New Morning (6:17) We All Run (4:54) The Scarecrow (9:50)

*** star songs: It's Time To Come Together (4:36) The Blue And The Grey (5:53) I'd Breathe For You (6:27) The Last Goodbye (6:28) Immigrant Son (5:35) Hard Road (5:21)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#261103) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 16, 2010

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars Just another morning

The previous Breath Of Life album had been a return to form for Magnum after three weak albums in the 90's. While it lacked standout tracks like Days Of No Trust, Wild Swan, and Don't Wake The Lion from 1988's Wings Of Heaven, Breath Of Life was clearly the best that Magnum had done since that album. The present album, though also far better than any of the weak 90's releases, fails to live up to the relatively high expectations set by Breath Of Life. It certainly doesn't take things anywhere beyond Breath Of Life in either quality or style. Like all the previous Magnum albums since the mid-80's, this one too is full of melodic (Hard) Rock with catchy choruses. Fans of Asia and Styx should sit up and take note! The progressive touches that occasionally sneak into the band's oeuvre, is not wholly absent here, but it is slightly less apparent than on Breath Of Life. Also, I find this album less energetic and passionate compared to the immediate predecessor.

The distinctive vocals of Bob Catley is a large part of what makes the typical Magnum sound and his voice is again stronger here than in the 90's. The most important thing in melodic Rock is, of course, the melodies themselves. These ones are not particularly memorable, but neither are they bad as such.

This is not terrible music by any means, but Prog fans will most probably be less than impressed by this album

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697677) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post a review of MAGNUM "Brand New Morning"