ENIGMATIC

CzesŁaw Niemen

CzesŁaw Niemen Enigmatic album cover

Buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Bema pamięci żałobny rapsod (16:27)
2 .Jednego serca (7:37)
3. Kwiaty ojczyste (7:24)
4. Mw do mnie jeszcze (4:48)

Search CZESŁAW NIEMEN Enigmatic lyrics

CD 1991 Digiton DIG 114 Poland
MC 1992 Digiton DIG C 108 Poland
CD 1995 Digiton nae 104 Poland
CD 1996 Polskie Nagrania - Muza PNCD 356 Poland

Thanks to ClemofNazareth for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

CZESŁAW NIEMEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN Enigmatic Music

Carlton Ware Patterns and Shapes - Kosniowski, Dr Czes|Kosniowska, Yvonne US $10.94 Buy It Now 27 days
Mathematics on the Sinclair QL By Czes Kosniowski US $43.07 Buy It Now 25 days
The Last Wave Oil War and Financial Upheaval in the 1990 1988 by Czes 0945332092 US $4.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Bear's Blue Blanky By Keith Faulkner, Czes Pachela US $7.29 Buy It Now 18 days
NEW Czes Awin by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $58.41 Buy It Now 27 days
Carlton Ware Catalogue & Price Guide - Kosniowski, Dr Czes &. Yvonne US $24.39 Buy It Now 27 days
NEW Czes Aw Wycech by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $28.72 Buy It Now 12h 42m
Czes Awin by Meghan Jessalyn, Blossom [Paperback] US $56.67 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Czes Aw Madajczyk by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $69.52 Buy It Now 29 days
NEW Czes Aw Mi Osz by Paperback Book (English) Free Shipping US $28.81 Buy It Now 17h 14m
A First Course in Algebraic Topology - Kosniowski, Czes US $50.44 Buy It Now 11 days
Transformation Groups by Kosniowski, Czes/ Kosniowski, C./ Hitchin, N. J. [Pa... US $49.19 Buy It Now 15 days
I Love You to God and Back - Lamb, Amanda/ Pachela, Czes (ILT) US $8.75 Buy It Now 28 days
NEW Poland Related Unreferenced Blp: Krzysztof Krauze, Czes Aw Kiszczak, Jerzy U US $28.70 Buy It Now 7h 15m
I LOVE YOU TO GOD AND BACK [978140032 - CZES PACHELA AMANDA LAMB (HARDCOVER) NEW US $11.53 Buy It Now 2 days
York International MicroComputer Control Center YTL6M6R2-CZES US $2,000.00 Buy It Now 23 days
NEW University of Vilnius Alumni: Czes Aw Mi Osz, Marija Gimbutas, Adam Mickiewi US $33.94 Buy It Now 4h 52m
A Pocket Guide to Carlton Ware Czes Kosniowski US $18.59 Buy It Now 15 days
Carlton Ware - The Complete Guide: Including a Price Guide Czes Kosniowski US $109.20 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN music online Buy CZESŁAW NIEMEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CZESŁAW NIEMEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CZESŁAW NIEMEN Enigmatic ratings distribution

CZESŁAW NIEMEN Enigmatic reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars This album is from 1969, the year of Woodstock where Joe Cocker performed With A Little Bit Help From My Friends. Listening to Niemen his music on Enigmatic I have the idea that the aformentioned song by Joe Cocker was a main inspiration, during the entire album I notice a bluesy atmosphere, layered with the powerfull and distinctive sound of the Hammond organ by Niemen (who also sings). But in the first song Bema Pamieci Zalobny- Rapsod (15 minutes) Niemen delivers not only organ but also choir, church bells and his six piece band includes a wide variety of instruments like saxophone, guitar and flute. A fine album with very emotional Polish vocals and Eric Clapton inspired bluesy gitar.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#79065) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Review by ClemofNazareth
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk Researcher
4 stars My thoughts on this album are preceded with an apology up front that I’m sure they will not do justice to this album, which is clearly held in high regard by Niemen’s countrymen. I own it simply because I found it in a record store many years ago after picking up the 1974 record Mourner’s Rhapsody and being impressed by Niemen’s voice and his jazzy yet soulful compositions. I also have Ode to Venus, but find that one a bit more difficult to get into.

In some ways this album reminds me of Mourner's Rhapsody. On both albums there is a central, extended work that consumes half the record, filled with chamber choral arrangements and heavy celestial organs and stern strings. In the case of this album that song is “Bema pamięci żałobny rapsod”. In both cases the almost church-like music is broken up with Niemen’s emotional voice and more traditional jazz instruments – guitar, piano, saxophones, drums, plus flute in this case. In both cases my understanding is the works are based on traditional Polish poetry with some social significance. And in both cases the remainder of the album consists of a handful of shorter, lighter fusion numbers. On this album there are three additional tracks, “Jednego serca”, “Kwiaty ojczyste”, and “Mw do mnie jeszcze”. The latter two are well-done but fairly unremarkable jazzy tunes, while “Jednego serca” has some kick to it with strong vocals (complete with a female choral backing) and lively instrumentation, particularly in the multiple saxophones.

The vocals are what I assume to be Polish, so I do not have the advantage of having any idea what Niemen is singing about, but it really doesn’t matter. My interest in him is largely in his very intriguing voice, which I can’t help but compare to Joe Cocker in his prime, although Niemen has more range than did Cocker, and his voice is noticeably more melodic.

This is probably closer to folk rock in the strictest sense of the term, but the instrumental arrangements are very well-developed, and the musicians are all clearly among the best in the business at their various instruments. The saxophones (three of them at least) are especially strong, at times improvisational but rooted in clearly defined arrangements. I get the impression Niemen encourages contributions but has a specific outcome in mind with his compositions.

This artist is probably too far on the ethnic fringe for most music fans, but for those who have a healthy interest in world music, multi-textured jazz fusion from the late 60s, and very accessible soulful vocals, this album is definitely worth a few spins.

Here again our rating system is a bit restrictive, as I would say this is not strictly an essential progressive album, but it is much better than simply good. 3.5 stars would seem appropriate, but I’ll round up in favor of the quality keyboards, brass, and vocals and give this four stars.

peace

Send comments to ClemofNazareth (BETA) | Report this review (#82377) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 01, 2006

Review by snobb
4 stars I am not Polish, but I was born and grew up just around hundred miles from the village ( in Western Belorus, which was a part Poland till 1939),where Niemen was born and spent his early ears. Later he was deported with thousands of other Polish families from their homeland by Russian occupants to Poland, kind of ethnic cleaning). And I perfectly know these forests and lowlands, and mystic all around of small villages. All these heavily influenced Niemen's music (and full his life).

This fourth artist's album is .... let say a mystic one for me. Just four compositions, but first one takes all side A. It starts with Hammond organ, but not in Lord's tradition. Big part of this song is just dark and mystic Orthodox (possibly more correct - Greek Catholic) church organ with church chorals and bells sound. Niemen sings very recognisable soulful and very passionable voice. I heard his songs from my teens (on Polish radio), so possibly I can't feel the same as just newcomer to this album. I feel strange deep, dark magic , but with bright lights here and there, when listening this song. It's very difficult to put this feeling on paper....

Three other songs are more usual ( to be honest nothing is very usual in Niemen early music) compositions. Mostly proto-prog, combining very soulful and melodic tunes with bluesy roots and many jazz elements (young future fusion sax star Michal Urbaniak plays his solos there as well).Interesting guitar solos and female back-up vocals. But most of all it's common atmosphere - if you will catch it you will love this music, if not - possibly it will be just next proto- prog album for you.

Magic album, based on Polish classic literature. If you understand Polish (as I am), this music will touch you even more. But not the music for everyone. If you're searching for something different from late 60-s - try this.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#272719) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 18, 2010

Review by Warthur
3 stars Niemen might be striking a Vincent Price pose on the front cover, but there isn't very much of the Gothic or horrific about this four-track collection of organ-dominated progressive compositions. Drawing on the Polish folk music tradition for material and motifs that set this one apart from most organ-centric late 1960s proto-prog, and Niemen's arrangements also slip in a choir here and there to add a little gravitas to proceedings. Slow and stately for most of its running time, this isn't an album which offers up fast-paced Emersonian keyboard wizardry - rather, it aims for the Enigmatic tone its title suggests and more or less attains it.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#958437) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 12, 2013

4 stars Enigmatic, from polish Czeslaw Niemen, sounds like a good basic progressive album, where songs include all the basics: hammond organ, well executed guitar solos, dense and precise percussions, and depth high saxophone. This "Enigmatic" is a healthy and beautiful fusion between elements of ja ... (read more)

Report this review (#460745) | Posted by Diego I | Monday, June 13, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is said to be the first really progressive album of Czeslaw Niemen. It's a lot based on organs again, with a choir every now and then to give an original touch. The first song, Bema pamięci żałobny rapsod, sounds like a religious piece, with a church choir chanting the w ... (read more)

Report this review (#178170) | Posted by Passionist | Friday, July 25, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars After all htese years - this record remains fresh. no one before Niemen (and no one after him) used Greek-catholic traditioal chanting in rock music (the opening suite). Niemen was the first vocalist using oriental ways of singing. Niemen composed wonderful themes and dressed them in modern, jazz ... (read more)

Report this review (#80867) | Posted by | Saturday, June 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CZESŁAW NIEMEN "Enigmatic"