THE BEST OF MAX WEBSTER

Max Webster The Best Of Max Webster album cover

Buy MAX WEBSTER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1989

1. Check (2:36)
2. High Class In Borrowed Shoes (3:59)
3. A Million Vacations (3:13)
4. Diamonds, Diamonds (3:17)
5. Let Go the Line (3:32)
6. Night Flights (3:04)
7. The Party (4:46)
8. Hangover (Live) (5:36)
9. Kids In Action (4:29)
10. Gravity (4:52)
11. Paradise Skies (3:26)
12. Words To Words (3:35)
13. Oh War! (4:26)
14. Here Among the Cats (3:02)
15. Waterline (Live) 4:37

- Dave Myles / bass
- Paul Kersey / drums
- Garry McCracken / drums
- Pye Dubois / lyrics
- Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, Alex Lifeson & Terry Watkinson (16)

CD Anthem Records (1989)

Thanks to digdug for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MAX WEBSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster Music

A&M Int'l 1995
20th Century Masters20th Century Masters
Import · Remastered
Universal Int'l 2001
MAX WEBSTER lot 5xLP hangover MILLION VACATIONS live magnetic air MUTINY rush US $9.99 [0 bids]
Max Webster - Live Magnetic Air (Kim Mitchell) ('79) US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
MAX WEBSTER s/t 1976 Canadian Hard Rock KIM MITCHELL M- US $9.95 [0 bids]
Max Webster KIM MITCHELL Rock N Roll Duty PROMO DJ CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 9m
MAX WEBSTER 'HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.60 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.60 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'S/T' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.60 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER "High Class In Borrowed Shoes" Canadian Hard Rock KIM MITCHELL M- US $9.95 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" 1978 Canadian Hard Rock KIM MITCHELL M- US $9.95 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations LP VG+ ST 11937 Vinyl 1979 Record US $12.00 Buy It Now 13h 18m
LOT OF 2 Canadian prog rock lps Max Webster self-titled & The Battery Tomorrow US $14.99 [0 bids]
Kim Mitchell Max Webster 4 lp lot Mutiny Sleeve, Million Vacations, Akimbo, Like US $29.99 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Max Webster - Mutiny Up Mysleeve [CD New] US $17.18 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve [CD New] US $8.54 Buy It Now 15h 18m
KIM MITCHELL - Aural Fixations NM 1992 Alert/CRC Canada Max Webster Bob Ludwig US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 49m
Max Webster Magnetic Air UK vinyl LP album record E-ST25392 CAPITOL 1979 US $28.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster vinyl LP album record A Million Vacations UK E-ST11937 CAPITOL US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER 7" VINYL P/S PARADISE SKIES CAPITOL CL 16079 1978 EX US $6.23 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER..PARADISE SKIES PICTURE DISC..VERY GOOD.1979 CAPITOL HARD ROCK 7" US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster: Diamonds Diamonds LP VG++ Canada Anthem ANR 1 1033 US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster: A Million Vacations LP VG+/VG++ Canada Anthem ANR-1-1018 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster A Million Vacations LP Record Anthem ANR-1-1018 1979 Canada US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster High Class in Borrowed Shoes LP Record Anthem ANR-1-1007 1977 Canada US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster A MILLION VACATIONS LP Record ANR-1-1018 Anthem Label VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Kim Mitchell from Gasolin) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER A MILLION VACATIONS 1979 ANTHEM 4AN-1-618 CANADA US $11.99 [0 bids]
RARE CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER SELF-TITLED (BLOCKHEADS) ANTHEM 4AN-1-606 CANADA US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3$CD~ Best of MAX WEBSTER: Millennium Coll'n ~HARD/PROG ROCK ~VGd ~KIM MITCHELL+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - A Million Vacations ~ VINYL LP US $7.46 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER LIVE MAGNETIC AIR VINYL LP RECORD 1979 Kim Mitchell US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster - A Million Vacations Vinyl LP Capitol US $11.61 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER**HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES (REMASTERED)**CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER 'Paradise Skies' 1978 UK 7"/45 rpm vinyl single - KIM MITCHELL US $6.63 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE 1978 ANTHEM 4AN-1-612 CANADA US $8.99 [0 bids]
RARE CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER UNIVERSAL JUVENILES 1980 ANTHEM 4AN-1-627 CANADA US $3.99 [0 bids]
RARE CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES ANTHEM 4AN-1-607 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Max Webster - Max Webster - Classic Reissues 180 grams SEALED US $29.95 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM GILMOUR Great Escape NEW CD Reissue OOP PROG (Saga Max Webster Rick Wakeman) US $11.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER KIM MITCHELL (4 LP LOT) VG / VG+ ( UNIVERSAL JUVENILES, LIVE. US $12.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER DIAMONDS, DIAMONDS VINYL LP RECORD 1981 Kim Mitchell US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER w/RUSH - "Universal Juveniles" LP 1980 ORIG 1st US PROMO - IN SHRINK US $23.88 Buy It Now 2 days
CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER LIVE MAGNETIC AIR ANTHEM RE-ISSUE 4AN-1-619 CANADA US $1.99 [0 bids]
MERC-1160- MAX WEBSTER High Class In Borrowed Shoes OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ANTH-1018- MAX WEBSTER Million Vacations OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MERC-3855- MAX WEBSTER Universal Juveniles OOP USED 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER ~ Paradise Skies ~ 7" Single PICTURE DISC US $4.97 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER - "A Million Vacations" LP 1979 1st US PROMO - IN SHRINK w/INNER NM US $23.88 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER A MILLION VACATIONS UK LP 1979 CAPITOL E-ST 11937 + INNER US $13.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER let go the line 7" demo b/w moon voices (cl16088)sticker mark and ri US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" b/w party (cl16079) pic slv uk capitol 1979 US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" b/w party (cl16079) pic s US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" demo b/w party (cl16079) uk capitol 1979 US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" b/w party (cl16079) uk capitol 1979 US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" limited pic disc b/w the party (clp16079) uk capit US $8.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER universal juveniles LP 10 track featuring rush with inner (6337144) US $11.02 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER - MAX WEBSTER - NEW CD US $5.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Paradise Skies Max Webster UK 7" vinyl picture disc single CLP16079 CAPITOL US $18.19 Buy It Now 4 days
KIM MITCHELL Rockland 1989 OOP RARE ALERT Rick Emmett CD Worldwide MAX WEBSTER US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KIM MITCHELL Universal Juveniles OOP RARE ANTHEM NO UPC CD Worldwide MAX WEBSTER US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CASSETTE TAPE MAX WEBSTER DIAMONDS, DIAMONDS (GREATEST HITS) ANTHEM 4AN-1 633 US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim Mitchell Akimbo Alogo CD original press max webster US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim Mitchell Shaking Like A Max Webster Promo LP Press Kit US $9.89 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER[KIM MITCHELL]: BEST OF...[Diamonds, Diamonds,Here Among the Cats++] US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KIM MITCHELL World's Such A Wonder PROMO CD SINGLE max webster /aural fixations US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster ?- Mutiny Up My Sleeve Me4dia Excellent Cover VG+ US $4.80 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER - HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES - NEW CD US $14.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve CD US $15.29 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER LET GO THE LINE/MOONVOICES DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE CAPITOL US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster High Class In Borrowed Shoes vinyl LP album record Canadian US $26.50 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER LP / MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE / CANADIAN ROCK US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER A Million Vacations+ inner sleeve UK press FREE UK POSTAGE US $19.27 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Max Webster by Max Webster (CD, Jun-2000, Anthem) US $7.75 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster Mutiny Up My Sleeve LP 1978 US $4.99 [0 bids]
PARADISE SKIES 7 INCH (7" VINYL 45) UK CAPITOL 1979, MAX WEBSTER, Acceptable US $13.66 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER (KIM MITCHELL/RUSH) - "Universal Juveniles" CD 1980 1st CANADA PROMO US $24.88 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best of Max Webster 20th Century Masters CD US $3.44 [0 bids]
Max Webster-Paradise Skies 7" US $6.65 Buy It Now 6 days
Max Webster/Max Webster/LP vinyl record/vg US $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Max Webster "Diamonds Diamonds" 1981 Anthem LP/ Kim Mitchell/ Canadian release US $5.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER A MILLION VACATIONS VINYL LP RECORD Kim Mitchell US $11.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Max Webster Lot of 6 Lps US $32.00 [0 bids]
4$CD~ Best of MAX WEBSTER: Millennium Coll'n ~HARD/PROG ROCK ~VGd ~KIM MITCHELL+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER THE BEST OF MAX WEBSTER KIM MITCHELL ORIG 1989 RELEASE CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER---LIVE MAGNETIC AIR US $5.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - A Million Vacations - 1979 Canadian 10-track vinyl LP US $66.44 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations E-ST 11937 -3/-3 uk capitol LP PS VG+/EX US $14.87 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER MAGNETIC AIR INCL. PARADISE SKIES & NIGHT FLIGHTS VINYL LP US $5.80 Buy It Now 8 days
Max Webster High Glass in Borrowed Shoes LP 1977 Anthem Rush EX/VG+ US $12.22 Buy It Now 8 days
Max Webster - The Best Of - CD (Anthem 1989 ANMD-1058 Canada) US $14.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER - A MILLION VACATIONS - NEW CD US $5.73 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER**MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE [066825101223] - NEW CD US $5.56 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER - A Million Vacations - Ex Con LP Record US $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER PARADISE SKIES ( 7" VINYL PICTURE DISC ) US $8.29 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX Webster [Mutiny Up My Sleeve] 78 EX+/EX/VG+ [aka Kim Mitchell] Play Graded US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER Let go the line 7" METAL ROCK US $3.31 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster- Paradise Skies- 7" Pic Disc MINT US $22.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster: The Best Of Cassette VG++ Canada Anthem ANT-1058 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster CD.The Best of ..KIM MITCHELL..RUSH GEDDY LEE..GREATEST HITS US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster - Diamonds Diamonds CD / Very Rare / Best Of / 1995 US $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy MAX WEBSTER music online Buy MAX WEBSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAX WEBSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster reviews

3 stars I decided to review this "Best Of" release from MAX WEBSTER mainly to express my thoughts and memories of this great Canadian band. So I won't be doing a track by track review (ok you can stop clapping now) as I will do that when I review each studio album.

MAX WEBSTER were legendary in Ontario back in the late seventies, a band who could rock with the best of them but they also had some melodic radio friendly tunes. These guys were so good live with Kim Mitchell the lead singer and lead guitar player as the ultimate showman. He was hugely influenced by Frank Zappa and even sounds like Frank vocally and somewhat physically. The lyrics are funny and intelligent and were mainly written by Mitchell and Dubois.Pye Dubois also co-wrote with Neil Peart the song "Tom Sawyer" by RUSH. I remember in high school the Social Convener tried to get MAX WEBSTER to play at our school dance, and how she angrily posted a letter from the band that had a list as long as your arm of all the beer and bottles of liquor they wanted in order to play. That was priceless at the time as my friends and I knew Mitchell's humour was behind that list and this was their humerous way of saying "No, we are past playing at school dances, thanks". I don't know how many times they played every summer in our area. They even had a song called "Research At Beach Resorts" that mentions the greatest beach resort in Ontario (where I live) Wasaga Beach. We used to sing that line with pride at parties when we were in our teens. Kim actually has a place about 20 minutes from our house. I've run into him over the years at McDonalds and the grocery store, he's always quick to say hi even though he doesn't know me. He's a DJ now in Toronto at Q107 a classic rock station, and he just put out a new solo record. He actually guests on lead guitar on TILES new record "Fly Paper".

MAX WEBSTER probably opened for RUSH in the seventies more than any other band. Kim has always called themselves RUSH's little brother. They even went over to the UK for one tour to open for RUSH. I think they got along so well because of the common love for humour that both bands had. RUSH thanks MAX WEBSTER in their liner notes from "A Farewell To Kings" to "Exit Stage Left" where they wrote "MAX WEBSTER R.I.P." because they had broke up. Before that they refer to MAX WEBSTER in various funny ways in the liner notes. From "The Max Websters" to "Max Websters dancing crew" to "Maxoids" to "Max Lobsters". And RUSH even did a song with MAX WEBSTER called "Battle Scar" that is the final track in this "Best Of" set of songs. As far as I know this was the only time RUSH did this with another band. It opens with Kim singing in a heavy soundscape. But it's when Geddy comes in vocally that I get goosebumps, because this is the Geddy of old who can scream with the best of them and he lets it rip here. There is no mistaking Peart's drum work here either. I want to close with a memory I have when I was around 17 years old and was sitting at home watching the "Juno Awards" which is Canada's music awards show. Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson get up to give out "Song of the Year". Two long hairs who are having too much fun at this point. One of the nominees was Dan Hill who had a popular balad at the time called "Sometimes When We Touch". Well would you believe Kim anounces this song by calling it "Sometimes When We Brunch The Eggs Are Done Too Much". Well I just about fell off the couch laughing, and they showed Dan Hill in the crowd who didn't seem to think it was funny at all. This was aound 1978.

Anyway I highly recommend all of their albums, and maybe this would be a good place to check out their sound. Good but not essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#155421) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007

Post a review of MAX WEBSTER "The Best Of Max Webster"