THE BEST OF MAX WEBSTER

Max Webster The Best Of Max Webster album cover

Buy MAX WEBSTER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1989

1. Check (2:36)
2. High Class In Borrowed Shoes (3:59)
3. A Million Vacations (3:13)
4. Diamonds, Diamonds (3:17)
5. Let Go the Line (3:32)
6. Night Flights (3:04)
7. The Party (4:46)
8. Hangover (Live) (5:36)
9. Kids In Action (4:29)
10. Gravity (4:52)
11. Paradise Skies (3:26)
12. Words To Words (3:35)
13. Oh War! (4:26)
14. Here Among the Cats (3:02)
15. Waterline (Live) 4:37

- Dave Myles / bass
- Paul Kersey / drums
- Garry McCracken / drums
- Pye Dubois / lyrics
- Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, Alex Lifeson & Terry Watkinson (16)

CD Anthem Records (1989)

Thanks to digdug for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MAX WEBSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster Music

Universal Int'l 2001
Diamonds DiamondsDiamonds Diamonds
A&M Int'l 1995
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve - EX/EX US $6.70 Buy It Now 2h 29m
MAX WEBSTER A MILLION VACATIONS capitol79 uk Lp mint US $16.78 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Max Webster/A Million Vacations/1979 Capitol LP/EX US $11.74 Buy It Now 10h 25m
MAX WEBSTER High Class In Borrowed Shoes LP Promo W/Insert VG+/NM- US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
? Max Webster - High Class in Borrowed Shoes (Kim M.) US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
? Max Webster - Hangover (Mercury 1-1131) (Kim Mitchell US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
? Max Webster - A Million Vacations (Kim Mitchell) ss US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
? Max Webster - Universal Juveniles (Mercury 1-3855) (Kim Mitchell) US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
? Kim Mitchell - Akimbo Alogo (of Max Webster) (Bronze US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
? Kim Mitchell - Shakin' Like Human Being (Max Webster) US $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
Max Webster A Million Vacations LP Vinyl Record US $3.60 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER- A MILLION VACATIONS 1979 CAPITOL RECORDS USA PRESS LP NM US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles - Anthem LP 1980 - Canada - RUSH!!! - VG++/VG+ US $2.75 [0 bids]
Max Webster . Live Magnetic Air . LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER: A Million Vacations (Rock & Pop Anthem ANR-1-1018 VG++ Vinyl LP) US $6.94 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER: Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Rock & Pop Anthem ANR-1-1012 VG++ Vinyl LP) US $6.94 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER: Diamonds, Diamonds (Rock & Pop Anthem ANR-1-1033 VG++ Vinyl LP) US $6.94 [0 bids]
LP - HOLLAND PRESS - MAX WEBSTER (UNIVERSAL JUVENILES) - 1980 - MERCURY 6337 144 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster (Lim.Collector's Edit.) - Max Webster New & Sealed CD US $26.26 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations E-ST 11937 -3/-3 uk capitol LP PS EX/EX wos US $15.03 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER[KIM MITCHELL]: BLOCKHEADS[HANGOVER,TORONTO TONTOS,SUMMER'S UP++] US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM GILMOUR Great Escape NEW CD Reissue OOP PROG (Saga Max Webster Rick Wakeman) US $9.99 [0 bids]
KIM MITCHELL CD: I Am A Wild Party (Live) =ORIGINAL Alert= oop/ RARE Max Webster US $1.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER battle scar / blue river liquor shine 12" Mint- MK 159 Promo 1980 US US $28.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER A Million Vacations Oop Anthem Records Canada CD Kim Mitchell 70s US $32.21 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER Hard Rock 1979 Made in Canada LP MILLION VACATIONS Kim Mitchell Anth US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER Paradise Skies/The Party Single NM 7" Picture Disc UK Import US $5.99 [0 bids]
Max Webster,Diamonds, Diamonds,Canadian pressing,LP US $10.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster: Diamonds Diamonds (Greatest Hits) Cassette VG++ Canada Anthem US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vintage Vinyl LP Records Rock Lot Max Webster,Jeff Healey,Nazareth US $7.00 [0 bids]
Max Webster "Diamonds Diamonds" 1981 Anthem LP/ Kim Mitchell/ Canadian release US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER - 20TH CENTURY MASTERS * [MAX WEBSTER] - NEW CD US $9.21 Buy It Now 4 days
Live Magnetic Air by Max Webster vinyl album no CD 1st preesing album 1975 mint US $13.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster - A Million Vacations - LP Record VG+ VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER 'HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.78 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'S/T' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.78 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.78 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES ROCK CANDY REMASTERED CD US $11.74 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER - HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES NEW CD US $25.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster ?High Class In Borrowed Shoes lp vinyl with inner US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster A Million Vacations lp vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KIM MITCHELL[MAX WEBSTER]: ITCH [Acrimony,Karaoke Queen,Lemon Wedge+] FREE SHIP US $6.98 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER Paradise skies 3 TRACK 12" US $13.43 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER: Universal Juveniles LP (inner sleeve, saw-mark, light sticker resi US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve - LP Record NM VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MAX WEBSTER - MAX WEBSTER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $21.27 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations LP 10 track but has sticker stain to top right c US $8.38 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations LP 10 track with inner sleeve has light wear and US $8.38 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER high class in borrowed shoes LP 9 track inner has split on one side US $20.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER mutiny up my sleeve LP 9 track with inner (anr11012) canadian anthem US $16.79 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER s/t LP 9 track (anr11006) canadian anthem 0 US $25.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Max Webster-1st "Blockheads"-Near Mint Lp Vinyl Record-Anthem-ANR-1-606 US $6.25 [0 bids]
Best of Max Webster CD Kim Mitchell Geddy Lee Rush Battle Scar US $4.59 [0 bids]
Max Webster - Universal Junkies 1980 Vinyl LP w/ Lyric insert / Kim Mitchell US $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Webster,Max - Webster Max [CD New] US $8.88 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Webster by Max Webster (CD, Mar-2004, Anthem (USA))KIM MITCHELL US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER: Live Magnetic Air LP (cover in shrink) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Webster A Million Vacations Anthem 1018 US $19.65 Buy It Now 7 days
1979 - MAX WEBSTER - A Million Vacations + UK Tour - Press Advert - Poster Size US $15.10 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER 7" VINYL P/S LET GO THE LINE CAPITOL CL 16088 EX US $4.97 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" WS EX/ uk picture disc US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 12" 3 trk b/w party and let your man fly (12ycl16079) US $8.38 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER Capital LP Record A MILLION VACATIONS Vinyl EX Sleeve G+ With Lyrics US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER**UNIVERSAL JUVENILES**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER: Live Magnetic Air (vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Max Webster: Live Magnetic Air LP VG+/NM Canada Anthem ANR-1-1019 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MAX WEBSTER - UNIVERSAL JUVENILES NEW CD US $17.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Universal Juveniles Max Webster CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER 7 " PICTURE DISC PARADISE SKIES / THE PARTY 1979 EX US $5.73 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER 'LIVE MAGNETIC AIR" LP 1979 ANTHEM LABEL KIM MITCHELL US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER 'LIVE MAGNETIC AIR" LP 1979 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER "UNIVERSAL JUVENILES" LP 1980 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles [CD New] US $9.26 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster 45 Paradise Skies 1979 Rock Kim Mitchell NOS Canada Anthem 014 US $10.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster Mutiny Up My Sleeve (LP) US $6.72 Buy It Now 9 days
KIM MITCHELL - Aural Fixations CD - RARE - Max Webster guitarist - ALERT 1992 US $14.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" 1978 Rock LP, VG, Vinyl US $6.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster self-titled debut lp US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER (KIM MITCHELL)-BEST OF- 20th CENTURY MASTERS MILLENNIUM COLLECTION US $8.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER "MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE" LP 1978 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER "A MILLION VACATIONS" LP 1979 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Best Of Max Webster - Max Webster (2003, CD New) US $7.35 Buy It Now 9 days
Kim Mitchell CD.. Akimbo Alogo ..MAX WEBSTER US $5.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster Universal Juveniles CD Early pressing US $9.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Universal Juveniles Max Webster~1980 Hard/Prog Rock w/Original Inner Sleeve US $10.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles CD US $19.76 Buy It Now 10 days
MAX WEBSTER**MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 10 days
MAX WEBSTER**MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE (REMASTERED)**CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 10 days
MAX WEBSTER**BEST OF**CD US $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
MAX WEBSTER**MAX WEBSTER**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Capitol Records Prog Rock Vinyl LP - 1978) US $5.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster - Self Titled US $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) Million Vacations CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 10 days
Itch/Kim Mitchell/Max Webster/new cd US $6.25 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster US $4.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster - Best Of Max Webster [CD New] US $10.67 Buy It Now 11 days
Max Webster - High Class in Borrowed Shoes (Music CD) US $33.33 Buy It Now 11 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Music CD) US $33.33 Buy It Now 11 days
Max Webster - Max Webster (Music CD) US $33.33 Buy It Now 11 days
Max Webster "Universal Juveniles" Original LP, Rush-Battle Scar US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy MAX WEBSTER music online Buy MAX WEBSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAX WEBSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster reviews

3 stars I decided to review this "Best Of" release from MAX WEBSTER mainly to express my thoughts and memories of this great Canadian band. So I won't be doing a track by track review (ok you can stop clapping now) as I will do that when I review each studio album.

MAX WEBSTER were legendary in Ontario back in the late seventies, a band who could rock with the best of them but they also had some melodic radio friendly tunes. These guys were so good live with Kim Mitchell the lead singer and lead guitar player as the ultimate showman. He was hugely influenced by Frank Zappa and even sounds like Frank vocally and somewhat physically. The lyrics are funny and intelligent and were mainly written by Mitchell and Dubois.Pye Dubois also co-wrote with Neil Peart the song "Tom Sawyer" by RUSH. I remember in high school the Social Convener tried to get MAX WEBSTER to play at our school dance, and how she angrily posted a letter from the band that had a list as long as your arm of all the beer and bottles of liquor they wanted in order to play. That was priceless at the time as my friends and I knew Mitchell's humour was behind that list and this was their humerous way of saying "No, we are past playing at school dances, thanks". I don't know how many times they played every summer in our area. They even had a song called "Research At Beach Resorts" that mentions the greatest beach resort in Ontario (where I live) Wasaga Beach. We used to sing that line with pride at parties when we were in our teens. Kim actually has a place about 20 minutes from our house. I've run into him over the years at McDonalds and the grocery store, he's always quick to say hi even though he doesn't know me. He's a DJ now in Toronto at Q107 a classic rock station, and he just put out a new solo record. He actually guests on lead guitar on TILES new record "Fly Paper".

MAX WEBSTER probably opened for RUSH in the seventies more than any other band. Kim has always called themselves RUSH's little brother. They even went over to the UK for one tour to open for RUSH. I think they got along so well because of the common love for humour that both bands had. RUSH thanks MAX WEBSTER in their liner notes from "A Farewell To Kings" to "Exit Stage Left" where they wrote "MAX WEBSTER R.I.P." because they had broke up. Before that they refer to MAX WEBSTER in various funny ways in the liner notes. From "The Max Websters" to "Max Websters dancing crew" to "Maxoids" to "Max Lobsters". And RUSH even did a song with MAX WEBSTER called "Battle Scar" that is the final track in this "Best Of" set of songs. As far as I know this was the only time RUSH did this with another band. It opens with Kim singing in a heavy soundscape. But it's when Geddy comes in vocally that I get goosebumps, because this is the Geddy of old who can scream with the best of them and he lets it rip here. There is no mistaking Peart's drum work here either. I want to close with a memory I have when I was around 17 years old and was sitting at home watching the "Juno Awards" which is Canada's music awards show. Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson get up to give out "Song of the Year". Two long hairs who are having too much fun at this point. One of the nominees was Dan Hill who had a popular balad at the time called "Sometimes When We Touch". Well would you believe Kim anounces this song by calling it "Sometimes When We Brunch The Eggs Are Done Too Much". Well I just about fell off the couch laughing, and they showed Dan Hill in the crowd who didn't seem to think it was funny at all. This was aound 1978.

Anyway I highly recommend all of their albums, and maybe this would be a good place to check out their sound. Good but not essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#155421) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007

Post a review of MAX WEBSTER "The Best Of Max Webster"