THE BEST OF MAX WEBSTER

Max Webster The Best Of Max Webster album cover

Buy MAX WEBSTER Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1989

1. Check (2:36)
2. High Class In Borrowed Shoes (3:59)
3. A Million Vacations (3:13)
4. Diamonds, Diamonds (3:17)
5. Let Go the Line (3:32)
6. Night Flights (3:04)
7. The Party (4:46)
8. Hangover (Live) (5:36)
9. Kids In Action (4:29)
10. Gravity (4:52)
11. Paradise Skies (3:26)
12. Words To Words (3:35)
13. Oh War! (4:26)
14. Here Among the Cats (3:02)
15. Waterline (Live) 4:37

- Dave Myles / bass
- Paul Kersey / drums
- Garry McCracken / drums
- Pye Dubois / lyrics
- Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, Alex Lifeson & Terry Watkinson (16)

CD Anthem Records (1989)

Thanks to digdug for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MAX WEBSTER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster Music

ROCK CANDY 2012
20th Century Masters20th Century Masters
Import · Remastered
Universal Int'l 2001
Metal LP Lot Living Colour TSOL MSG Max Webster Krokus Hellfield Giuffria US $5.00 [1 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - MAX WEBSTER (IMPORT) NEW CD US $19.87 Buy It Now 10h 55m
MAX WEBSTER a million vacations LP 10 track with inner sleeve has light wear and US $8.44 Buy It Now 11h 16m
MAX WEBSTER - HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES NEW CD US $23.81 Buy It Now 11h 49m
MAX WEBSTER high class in borrowed shoes LP 9 track inner has split on one side US $15.52 Buy It Now 13h 36m
MAX WEBSTER 'MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.08 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'S/T' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.08 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER 'HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES' ROCK CANDY 2012 NEW SEALED! US $16.08 [0 bids]
Max Webster-1st "Blockheads"-Lp Vinyl Record-Taurus-TR 101 US $17.68 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER Cassette Tapes ROCK A Million Vacations CANADA Kim Mitchell 1970s US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Max Webster - Self Titled US $4.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - PARADISE SKIES 7" PICTURE DISC SINGLE US $8.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster - Webster Max [CD New] US $8.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster - High Class Inborrows Shoes [CD New] US $17.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Max Webster Lot of 6 Lps US $26.00 [0 bids]
Max Webster-High Class In Borrowed Shoes-NM Lp Vinyl Record-Anthem-ANR-1-1007 US $6.12 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER LIVE MAGNETIC AIR VINYL LP RECORD 1979 Kim Mitchell US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER: Live Magnetic Air LP (cover in shrink) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAX WEBSTER DIAMONDS, DIAMONDS VINYL LP RECORD 1981 Kim Mitchell US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1979 - MAX WEBSTER - A Million Vacations + UK Tour - Press Advert - Poster Size US $14.47 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER 7" VINYL P/S LET GO THE LINE CAPITOL CL 16088 EX US $4.72 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 12" 3 trk b/w party and let your man fly (12ycl16079) US $8.44 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE NEW CD US $23.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster - Live Magnetic Air LP Record Album Kim Mitchell 1979 NM US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster Diamonds Diamonds Canadian press (ANR 1-1033) 1981 VINYL RECORD NM US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER: Live Magnetic Air (vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster by Max Webster (CD, Mar-2004, Anthem (USA))KIM MITCHELL US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster: Live Magnetic Air LP VG+/NM Canada Anthem ANR-1-1019 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAX WEBSTER KIM MITCHELL (4 LP LOT) VG / VG+ ( UNIVERSAL JUVENILES, LIVE. US $12.99 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - UNIVERSAL JUVENILES NEW CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Max Webster - High Class Inborrows Shoes CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 2 days
STARZ angel MOXY joe perry LEGS DIAMOND tantrum MAX WEBSTER trillion 2xLP NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER 'LIVE MAGNETIC AIR" LP 1979 ANTHEM LABEL KIM MITCHELL US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER 'LIVE MAGNETIC AIR" LP 1979 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER "UNIVERSAL JUVENILES" LP 1980 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Magnetic Air Max Webster vinyl LP album record US $6.44 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER paradise skies 7" WS EX/ uk picture disc US $11.25 Buy It Now 3 days
Max Webster "Mutiny Up My Sleeve" 1978 Rock LP, VG, Vinyl US $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER "MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE" LP 1978 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MAX WEBSTER "A MILLION VACATIONS" LP 1979 KIM MITCHELL US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KIM MITCHELL[MAX WEBSTER]: G.H.[GO FOR SODA,ROCK N ROLL DUTY,I AM A WILD PARTY+] US $10.98 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM GILMOUR Great Escape NEW CD Reissue OOP PROG (Saga Max Webster Rick Wakeman) US $12.99 [0 bids]
MOXY RIDIN' HIGH LP RARE U.S. 1ST EDITION 1977 RUSH MAX WEBSTER RIOT US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Universal Juveniles Max Webster~1980 Hard/Prog Rock w/Original Inner Sleeve US $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 3 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Million Vacations CD US $14.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster - High Class In Borrowed Shoes - CANDY107 US $19.74 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT OF 2 Canadian prog rock lps Max Webster self-titled & The Battery Tomorrow US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of Max Webster by Max Webster *New CD* US $7.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Kim Mitchell - Rockland -1989 Promo Vinyl Lp./ VG+/ Prog.Hard Rock / Max Webster US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Itch/Kim Mitchell/Max Webster/new cd US $6.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up Mysleeve CD US $20.96 Buy It Now 4 days
MAX WEBSTER lot 5xLP hangover MILLION VACATIONS live magnetic air MUTINY rush US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles [CD New] US $9.26 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster CD.. A Million Vacations ..KIM KITCHELL US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kim Mitchell CD..Greatest Hits ..THE BEST OF..MAX WEBSTER US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
4$CD~ Best of MAX WEBSTER: Millennium Coll'n ~HARD/PROG ROCK ~VGd ~KIM MITCHELL+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER**HIGH CLASS IN BORROWED SHOES (REMASTERED)**CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 5 days
LP - HOLLAND PRESS - MAX WEBSTER (UNIVERSAL JUVENILES) - 1980 - MERCURY 6337 144 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
LP - USA PRESS - MAX WEBSTER (LIVE MAGNETIC AIR) - 1979 - CAPITOL ST 12042 US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Max Webster - Webster Max CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER - HANGOVER (MERCURY SRM-1-1131) US $1.45 [1 bids]
Mutiny Up My Sleeve (Lim.Collector's Edit.) - Max Webster New & Sealed Compact D US $24.60 Buy It Now 6 days
KIM MITCHELL - GO FOR A SODA - NEAR MINT WAX VINYL 45 PICTURE SLEEVE MAX WEBSTER US $0.99 [0 bids]
KIM MITCHELL All We Are 1984 Bronze 12 inch vinyl promo single Max Webster US $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER - High Class In Borrowed Shoes - ORIG. ANR-1-1007 ANTHEM CAN. SHRINK US $18.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER - High Class In Borrowed Shoes - ORIG. SRM-1-1160 LP N.M. IN SHRINK US $15.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER: Mutiny Up My Sleeve ANR-1-1012 ANTHEM CAN. LP MINT IN SHRINK US $18.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER LIVE MAGNETIC AIR ST-12042 LP MINT IN SHRINK US $18.00 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER magnetic air LP 10 track with inner sleeve has ltd edition price sti US $13.07 Buy It Now 6 days
MAX WEBSTER universal juveniles LP 10 track with inner and features rush members US $13.07 Buy It Now 6 days
Dillinger - Dillinger S/T Self Titled CD / 1974 / Unidisc / Max Webster US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER - A MILLION VACATIONS, ORG 1979 UK vinyl LP + INNER US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER - LET GO THE LINE 7" VINYL PS US $6.42 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER - PARADISE SKIES 7" VINYL PS US $6.42 Buy It Now 7 days
MAX WEBSTER A Million Vacations LP hard rock prog rock US $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Webster 45 Paradise Skies 1979 Rock Kim Mitchell NOS Canada Anthem 014 US $14.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Kim Mitchell ( Max Webster ) - Kimosabe RARE OOP Original Canadian NEW Cassette US $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LP: Max Webster - Diamonds Diamonds (1981) Canadian rock band US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Webster - A Million Vacations LP - Capitol - Rock US $12.84 Buy It Now 7 days
Max Webster A Million Vacations LP Record Anthem ANR-1-1018 1979 Canada US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Max Webster High Class in Borrowed Shoes LP Record Anthem ANR-1-1007 1977 Canada US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KIM MITCHELL~ROCKLAND~ORIG 1989 SEALED LP~ATLANTIC RECORDS~FORMER MAX WEBSTER US $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
@ CD Kim Mitchell - I Am A Wild Party Live MELODIC MAX WEBSTER ALERT 1990 ORG US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER let go the line 7" b/w moon voices (cl16088) pic sleeve uk capitol 1 US $8.44 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER & RUSH - 'BATTLESCAR' RARE U.K. 7" SINGLE WITH PICTURE SLEEVE US $8.03 [0 bids]
MAX WEBSTER-PARADISE SKIES 7" PICTURE DISC SINGLE CHEAP US $6.42 Buy It Now 9 days
Kim Mitchell - Itch CD Max Webster Alert 1994 US $5.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER LET GO THE LINE UK 1979 CAPITOL 7 INCH US $3.20 [0 bids]
KIM MITCHELL Akimbo Alogo LP 1984 Alert Records Canada BLUE COVER MAX WEBSTER VG US $8.95 Buy It Now 9 days
MAX WEBSTER - HANGOVER - MERCURY RECORDS LP US $8.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Max Webster - Max Webster - CANDY106 US $20.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster - Mutiny Up My Sleeve - CANDY108 US $19.74 Buy It Now 10 days
Kim Mitchell Rocklandwonderland Promo CD Single Max Webster US $7.49 Buy It Now 10 days
MAX WEBSTER - Universal Juveniles (1980) Canadian HARD ROCK w/ INNER US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
* Max Webster . Blue River Liquor Shine / Check . Kim Mitchell . Rare Sleeve 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster "Universal Juveniles" Original LP, Rush-Battle Scar US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Max Webster (Ft Kim Mitchell) - Mutiny Up My Sleeve [CD New] US $8.67 Buy It Now 11 days
MAX WEBSTER - MAX WEBSTER [REMASTERED] - NEW CD US $14.57 Buy It Now 11 days
MAX WEBSTER - MUTINY UP MY SLEEVE [827565058402] - NEW CD US $14.77 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy MAX WEBSTER music online Buy MAX WEBSTER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAX WEBSTER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

MAX WEBSTER The Best Of Max Webster reviews

3 stars I decided to review this "Best Of" release from MAX WEBSTER mainly to express my thoughts and memories of this great Canadian band. So I won't be doing a track by track review (ok you can stop clapping now) as I will do that when I review each studio album.

MAX WEBSTER were legendary in Ontario back in the late seventies, a band who could rock with the best of them but they also had some melodic radio friendly tunes. These guys were so good live with Kim Mitchell the lead singer and lead guitar player as the ultimate showman. He was hugely influenced by Frank Zappa and even sounds like Frank vocally and somewhat physically. The lyrics are funny and intelligent and were mainly written by Mitchell and Dubois.Pye Dubois also co-wrote with Neil Peart the song "Tom Sawyer" by RUSH. I remember in high school the Social Convener tried to get MAX WEBSTER to play at our school dance, and how she angrily posted a letter from the band that had a list as long as your arm of all the beer and bottles of liquor they wanted in order to play. That was priceless at the time as my friends and I knew Mitchell's humour was behind that list and this was their humerous way of saying "No, we are past playing at school dances, thanks". I don't know how many times they played every summer in our area. They even had a song called "Research At Beach Resorts" that mentions the greatest beach resort in Ontario (where I live) Wasaga Beach. We used to sing that line with pride at parties when we were in our teens. Kim actually has a place about 20 minutes from our house. I've run into him over the years at McDonalds and the grocery store, he's always quick to say hi even though he doesn't know me. He's a DJ now in Toronto at Q107 a classic rock station, and he just put out a new solo record. He actually guests on lead guitar on TILES new record "Fly Paper".

MAX WEBSTER probably opened for RUSH in the seventies more than any other band. Kim has always called themselves RUSH's little brother. They even went over to the UK for one tour to open for RUSH. I think they got along so well because of the common love for humour that both bands had. RUSH thanks MAX WEBSTER in their liner notes from "A Farewell To Kings" to "Exit Stage Left" where they wrote "MAX WEBSTER R.I.P." because they had broke up. Before that they refer to MAX WEBSTER in various funny ways in the liner notes. From "The Max Websters" to "Max Websters dancing crew" to "Maxoids" to "Max Lobsters". And RUSH even did a song with MAX WEBSTER called "Battle Scar" that is the final track in this "Best Of" set of songs. As far as I know this was the only time RUSH did this with another band. It opens with Kim singing in a heavy soundscape. But it's when Geddy comes in vocally that I get goosebumps, because this is the Geddy of old who can scream with the best of them and he lets it rip here. There is no mistaking Peart's drum work here either. I want to close with a memory I have when I was around 17 years old and was sitting at home watching the "Juno Awards" which is Canada's music awards show. Kim Mitchell and Alex Lifeson get up to give out "Song of the Year". Two long hairs who are having too much fun at this point. One of the nominees was Dan Hill who had a popular balad at the time called "Sometimes When We Touch". Well would you believe Kim anounces this song by calling it "Sometimes When We Brunch The Eggs Are Done Too Much". Well I just about fell off the couch laughing, and they showed Dan Hill in the crowd who didn't seem to think it was funny at all. This was aound 1978.

Anyway I highly recommend all of their albums, and maybe this would be a good place to check out their sound. Good but not essential.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#155421) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007

Post a review of MAX WEBSTER "The Best Of Max Webster"