I MAY BE HUNGRY BUT I SURE AIN'T WEIRD

RIO/Avant-Prog

Captain Beefheart I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird  album cover

Buy CAPTAIN BEEFHEART Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1992

1. Trust Us (Take 6) (7:19)
2. Beatle Bones N' Smokin' Stones (Part 1) (3:14)
3. Moody Liz (Take 8) (4:37)
4. Safe As Milk (Take 12) (5:05)
5. Gimme Dat Harp Boy (3:38)
6. On Tomorrow (Instrumental) (7:01)
7. Trust Us (Take 9) (7:27)
8. Safe As Milk (Take 5) (4:17)
9. Big Black Baby Shoes (Instrumental) (4:54)
10. Flower Pot (Instrumental) (3:59)
11. Dirty Blue Gene (Instrumental) (2:42)

Search CAPTAIN BEEFHEART I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird lyrics

Search CAPTAIN BEEFHEART I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird tabs

- Don Van Vliet / harmonica, vocals
- Alex St. Clair Snouffer / guitar
- Jeff Cotton / guitar
- Jerry Handley / bass
- John French / drums

UK CD on Sequel NEX CD 215 (1992)
Japanese The Alternate Captain Beefheart (1993)CD on TEICHIKU RECORDS TECX-25422

Thanks to avestin for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAPTAIN BEEFHEART I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird Music

Left Field Media 2011
Ice Cream for CrowIce Cream for Crow
Remastered
Astralwerks 2006
Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller)
Import · Remastered
Virgin Int'l 2006
Mirror Man Sessions(& His Magic BandMirror Man Sessions(& His Magic Band
Bmg Japan/Zoom 2009
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART THE DRESSING ROOM MIRROR DON'T LIE 4 CD US $29.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart His Magic Band Trout Mask Replica 2xLP sealed 180 gm vinyl RE US $39.98 Buy It Now 1h 23m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & HIS MAGIC BAND LEGENDARY A&M SESSIONS AMY 226 DUTCH FUSION US $11.82 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart - Harpos Detroit Dec 11th 1980 NEW CD US $20.40 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Captain Beefheart Magic Band Lick My Decals Off, Baby LP sealed 180 gm vinyl RE US $17.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART Dust Sucker LTD GREEN 2LP VINYL SET US $59.14 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band The Mirror Man Sessions Limited 180g Vinyl LP US $67.60 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Merseytrout: Live in Liverpool 1980 by Captain Beefheart, RARE OOP-Very Good US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Safe as Milk [Remaster] by Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band (CD, Jun-1999,... US $7.15 Buy It Now 5h 3m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART TOP SECRET 1984 UK DESIGN RECORDS PIXLP4 SEALED US $25.00 [0 bids]
Safe as Milk by Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band (CD, Sep-1999, Buddha... US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band "Trout Mask Replica" reprise US $19.95 Buy It Now 5h 44m
captain beefheart : mersey trout1980 CD (2009) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Captain Beefheart : The Best Beefheart CD (1991) US $6.49 Buy It Now 6h 23m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & MAGIC BAND SAFE AS MILK pye 67 mono A-1G B-1G 1st PRESS Lp US $92.95 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Captain Beefheart - Shiny Beast (bat Chain Pulle NEW CD US $10.57 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Various - Uncut - The Playlist September 2006 Pulp Captain Beefheart Slade Nazz US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Captain Beefheart SAFE AS MILK Limited Edition New Sealed White COLORED Vinyl LP US $12.50 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & HIS MAGIC BAND: Six-pack / Six-track 45 (UK, pic disc, die- US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 52m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & MAGIC BAND: Upon The My-o-my / I Got Love On My Mind 45 (PS US $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Captain Beefheart LP Strictly Personal Factory Sealed US $99.00 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Captain Beefheart SAFE AS MILK New Sealed Vinyl LP US $11.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band: GROW FINS: Rarities 1965-1982, 5 CD Box Set! US $65.00 [1 bids]
Captain Beefheart - Doc At The Radar Station CD US $15.90 Buy It Now 14h 33m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - THE BEST OF CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND THE MAGIC BAND - NEW CD US $6.77 Buy It Now 17h 17m
HENRY KAISER-THE FIVE HEAVENLY TRUTHS-Drumbo from Captain Beefheart-RARE NEW CD! US $9.98 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & MAGIC BAND Safe As Milk 1999 UK 180g vinyl 2LP SEALED/NEW US $43.93 Buy It Now 18h 50m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & The Magic Band M- PROMO WLP Doc At Radar Station VA-13148 US $34.95 Buy It Now 18h 51m
FRANK ZAPPA CAPTAIN BEEFHEART NM- Bongo Fury PROMO DS-2234 Discreet Mothers US $89.95 Buy It Now 18h 51m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND Unconditionally Guaranteed CD BRAND NEW US $18.59 Buy It Now 18h 58m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond CD NEW US $18.62 Buy It Now 19h
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND Ice Cream For Crow CD BRAND NEW Bonus Track US $18.61 Buy It Now 19h
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART '2 ORIGINALS OF CAPTAIN BEEFHEART' UK DOUBLE LP US $33.79 Buy It Now 19h 2m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART 'THE MIRROR MAN SESIONS' NEW RE-ISSUE DOUBLE LP ON 180GM VINYL US $42.17 Buy It Now 19h 2m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller) CD BRAND NEW US $18.63 Buy It Now 19h 4m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART/MAGIC BAND**1980: LIVE FROM HARPOS**CD US $15.95 Buy It Now 19h 5m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND Doc At The Radar Station CD BRAND NEW US $18.64 Buy It Now 19h 6m
Vinyl LP Record Album - Captain Beefheart & Magic Band Safe as Milk 180g Reissue US $42.26 Buy It Now 19h 40m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - LIVE IN LIVERPOOL 1980 - NEW CD US $14.48 Buy It Now 19h 46m
Captain Beefheart - Unconditionally Guaranteed Virgin V 2015 UK 1974 vinyl LP US $25.34 Buy It Now 20h 44m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND-MIRROR MAN 1971 PRT REC. NCP 1006 VG++ UK IMP US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 7m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND-SHINY BEAST 1978 WARNER BROS. BSK 3256 EXC VG US $13.99 Buy It Now 21h 18m
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & THE MAGIC BAND-ICE CREAM FOR CROW 1982 EPIC ARE 38274 EXC VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 19m
I May Be Hungry but I Sure Ain't Weird: The Alternative Captain Beefheart by... US $40.00 Buy It Now 21h 23m
NEW ORDER Back to Mind CD Captain Beefheart Groundhogs Primal Scream Can US $5.00 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart - Ice Cream For Crow (CD 1988) NEW US $10.11 Buy It Now 21h 55m
Captain Beefheart - Safe As Milk (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $41.40 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Captain Beefheart - Cb and Mb in Gb: Live - OZITCD9008 US $23.70 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band - Dichotomy - OZITCD8003 US $23.70 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart - Son Of Dust Sucker (Captain's Tapes Of Bat Chain Puller) - O US $20.89 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart & Magic Band - Nan Trues Hole Tapes Volume 2 - OZITDANDELIOCD9 US $23.51 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band - Live 'n' Rare - OZITCD9003 US $27.37 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart - Gimme Dat Harp Boy!: Roots of the Captain - OZITCD302 US $20.25 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band - Nan Trues Hole Tapes Volume 3 - OZITDANDE US $23.41 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart - Prime Quality Beef - OZITCD7003 US $23.70 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Captain Beefheart - The Captain's Last Live Concert Plus - OZITCD9004 US $27.96 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Various Artists - Fast 'n' Bulbous (Tribute to Captain Beefheart) - OZITILLCD200 US $20.89 Buy It Now 22h 30m
Captain Beefheart - Dust Sucker - OZITCD6003 US $20.89 Buy It Now 22h 31m
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Translucent Fresnel (The Nan Trues Hole Tap US $20.71 Buy It Now 22h 31m
T Rex/Captain Beefheart~All Day Thumbsucker Revisited~SEALED Blue Thumb 3-LP US $62.00 Buy It Now 23h 6m
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band 'Ice Cream For Crow' LP Original Epic 1982 US $14.99 [0 bids]
PSYCH LP - CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - LICK MY DECALS OFF BABY - ORIG. STRAIGHT LABEL US $8.50 [3 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART-Safe As Milk-21 tracks-Different than others-Canada only US $9.99 [0 bids]
PSYCH LP - CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - SPOTLIGHT KID - 1972 - REPRISE NM US $6.99 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART 10x8 inch lab-printed glossy photo F7_1330 US $5.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band: The Spotlight Kid - Vinyl LP US $22.00 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band: Unconditionally Guaranteed - Vinyl LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART SAFE AS MILK MONO EDITION SUNDAZED LP US $21.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART 10x8 inch lab-printed glossy promo photo F4_626 US $5.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart "Unconditionally Guaranteed" Mercury SRM-1-709, Psych Rock! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart 10x8 inch lab-printed glossy promo press photo F2_242 US $5.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart 10x8 inch lab-printed glossy promo press photo F2_240 US $5.07 Buy It Now 1 day
BLUE COLLAR - Soundtrack OST - SEALED - Captain Beefheart - Lynyrd Skynryd US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart - Don's Birthday Party CD - Safe As Milk Bat Chain Puller US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica CD - Frank Zappa US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Bands - RailRoadism CD Live In The USA 72 - 81 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
At His Best by Captain Beefheart (CD, Special Music Company) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Nan True's Hole: Beefheart Tapes, Vol. 3 * by Captain Beefheart US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - SHINY BEAST (BAT) (CHAIN) (PULLER) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
captain beefheart and the magic band lick my decals off baby lp green vinyl US $18.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Strictly Personal by Captain Beefheart/Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band... US $7.00 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart Unconditional Guaranteed Mercury Records Hard Psych LP EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Grow Fins Vol. II - New 2-LP Audiophile Set US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
3 FRANK ZAPPA BADGES. Psychedelia, Captain Beefheart. US $5.90 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-Captain Beefheart-Safe as Milk RE 60's R&B psych garage US $12.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band "The Legendary A&M Sessions"1984 A & M 12" EP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Captain Beefheart Unconditionally Guaranteed NM- / NM- LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Vinyl LP British Pressing 1998 - Captain Beefheart - Unconditionally Guaranteed US $15.00 [0 bids]
Ice Cream for Crow by Captain Beefheart/Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band... US $9.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Legendary A&M Sessions by Captain Beefheart (CD, Nov-1998, Kingston Export) US $8.85 Buy It Now 1 day
3 CD lot of Outsider Music Daniel Johnston Key of Z Tiny Tim Captain Beefheart US $4.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart At His Best cd Safe as Milk don van vliet zappa psych rock US $3.99 [0 bids]
Captain Beefheart 1 MZ Mask FOR iphone 4 4g 4s 5 & galaxy S3 S4 hard case cover US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAPTAIN BEEFHEART music online Buy CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAPTAIN BEEFHEART DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird ratings distribution

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird reviews

Review by HolyMoly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl and Canterbury Teams
3 stars Strictly Naked

I actually got this CD before I was ever able to locate a copy of its official-release counterpart, Strictly Personal. While I do enjoy the heavy handed psychedelic production of that album, the unfettered versions still feel like the definitive versions to me. This particular release has since been made obsolete by the readily available reissues of Safe as Milk and Mirror Man (while Strictly Personal still languishes in relative obscurity), as bonus tracks on those CDs, so don't go out of your way to find this CD unless you're a collector.

The essay inside talks about the whole scandal involving the release of the aforementioned Personal album, how it was released on a small label (Blue Thumb) by producer Bob Krasnow and lots of psychedelic effects were pasted on to the songs after the fact, a move (supposedly, though I have doubts) that was not sanctioned by Beefheart nor the band. This release was the first attempt to set the record straight, even though I doubt Beefheart himself had any involvement in the release of this CD. It presents the majority of the album's tracks in their unfettered form, presenting them as tough blues-based psychedelic rock numbers, with strong hints of the jagged rhythms that would come to full fruition on Trout Mask Replica the following year.

"Trust Us" is my favorite of these, and it's presented here in two versions, though it takes a real close listen to tell them apart. It's probably the tune that comes closest to the Trout Mask sound. My other favorite is a song that never ended up on an official album, the mesmerizing "Moody Liz", a woozy song with brief group vocals at the beginning followed by a long instrumental coda - very similar in approach to the final album's song "Kandy Korn".

What's here is good stuff, certainly very handy for my collection, at least until the reissues came out, which has made this CD somewhat superfluous. Also, several of these tracks are incomplete or otherwise uncompelling ("On Tomorrow" is done as an instrumental, for example, and it doesn't make an especially interesting instrumental). But otherwise it's quite strong.

Send comments to HolyMoly (BETA) | Report this review (#964632) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 24, 2013

4 stars Remarkable that this album has not been rated and reviewed earlier. It's special in a couple of ways. At first because it's partially the unmolested version of Strictly Personal. This album, with the typical early Beefheart - phase 3 I would say - kind of music, was more or less ruined because ... (read more)

Report this review (#125335) | Posted by jeromach | Sunday, June 10, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAPTAIN BEEFHEART "I May Be Hungry But I Sure Ain't Weird "