MUSIC IN A DOLL'S HOUSE / FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT

1. Scene Through The Eye Of A Lens (2:52)*
2. Gypsy Woman (3:30)*
3. The Chase (2:13)
4. Mellowing Grey (2:48)
5. Never Like This (2:18)
6. Me My Friend (2:00)
7. Variation On A Theme Of Hey Mr. Policeman (0:23)
8. Winter (2:25)
9. Old Songs For New Songs (4:17)
10. Variation On A Theme Of The Breeze (0:40)
11. Hey Mr. Policeman (3:13)
12. See Through Windows (3:43)
13. Variation On A Theme Of Me My Friend (0:22)
14. Peace Of Mind (2:22)
15. Voyage (3:35)
16. The Breeze (2:50)
17. 3 X Time (3:48)
* - bonus tracks

CD2 (39:34)
1. The Weaver's Answer (4:56)
2. Observations From A Hill (3:11)
3. Hung Up Down (3:12)
4. Summer '67 (3:19)
5. How-Hi-The-Li (4:56)
6. Second Generation Woman (3:13)
7. From Past Archives (3:21)
8. Dim (2:31)
9. Processions (2:48)
10. Face In The Cloud (2:53)
11. Emotions (5:09)

Search FAMILY Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment lyrics

Search FAMILY Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment tabs

- Roger Chapman / lead vocals, harmonica, tenor saxophone, percussion
- John Whitney / lead guitar, steel guitar, piano, organ
- Jim King / tenor & soprano saxophone, harmonica, piano, vocals
- Ric Grech / bass guitar, violin, cello, vocals
- Rob Townsend / drums, percussion

2CD See For Miles Records Ltd (1999)

Thanks to Fassbinder for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment Music

FAMILY "It's Only a Movie" 1973 (UA)..Great!! US $7.99 [0 bids]
31m 56s
Laneous & The Family Yah - Found Things - CD (BF009 Bird Fire) US $26.94 Buy It Now 33m 48s
DAVID ROUFS FAMILY love's rainbow LP VG ART 7243 Vinyl Record US $22.50 Buy It Now 34m 7s
ALANNAH MYLES - FAMILY SECRET WITH INSERT PROMO DJ CD CS270 US $4.99 Buy It Now 34m 52s
ALANNAH MYLES - FAMILY SECRET 1-TRACK U.S. RARE PROMO DJ CD CS270 US $4.99 Buy It Now 34m 52s
BONE Thugs N Harmony w/ MO family Ghetto Cowboy on Vinyl LP Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 30s
Lee Oskar Lp Before The Rain x War Harmonica w Gregg Errico of Sly US $3.99 [0 bids]
36m 28s
David Frizzell & Shelly West Carryin On The Family Name Warner Bros. LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 39m 8s
Even in Darkness by Dungeon Family LP US $15.00 [0 bids]
42m 19s
HAYMAN, WATKINS, TROUT & LEE 'Sly and the Family Stone' Great Rare CD US $1.62 [1 bids]
42m 29s
SIX FAMILY MOUNTAIN takin a ride with the weed LP VG+ National Ski Patrol Rare US $14.40 Buy It Now 42m 33s
The Murk Family--Love For All Seasons 1976? XIAN Vinyl LP Nice Cover US $7.00 Buy It Now 43m 3s
Family Feud [PA] by The Dayton Family (CD, Jul-2005, Fast Life Music, Inc.) US $0.99 [0 bids]
43m 31s
FAMILY s/t CD Independent Brazilian Thrash Hardcore US $6.99 Buy It Now 44m 45s
THE HAPPY FAMILY The Man On Your Street 1991 UK 4AD CD UNPLAYED Momus Josef K US $24.58 Buy It Now 44m 54s
BIG BILL CAMPBELL & His Rocky Mountain Rhythm Hill Billy Family 78 REX 10174 US $21.29 Buy It Now 45m 13s
CD The Osbourne Family Album [PA] (CD, Jun-2002, Epic (USA)) US $6.29 [0 bids]
45m 16s
LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY ~ Ocean Drive ~ 12" Single PS PROMO US $7.36 Buy It Now 46m 16s
The PARTRIDGE FAMILY 45 IF YOU EVER GO/AM I LOSING YOU 45 Record US $1.99 Buy It Now 49m 12s
THE BROKEN FAMILY BAND - BALLS - CD ALBUM US $4.90 [0 bids]
49m 14s
FAMILY: Bandstand LP (UK, original tan label, gimmick gatefold cover w/ window US $12.00 Buy It Now 50m 48s
DAVID CASSIDY Old trick New Dog Classic 70s Partridge Family I THINK I LOVE YOU US $8.99 Buy It Now 51m 58s
The Family Sign by Atmosphere (Vinyl, Apr-2011, 2 Discs, Rhymesayers... US $22.98 Buy It Now 52m 22s
ACTION FAMILY Christ Almighty/ Shit Finger Jones/ Chicken 2x7" RARE ROCK VINYL US $19.99 Buy It Now 52m 32s
BABES IN TOYLAND We Are Family 12" Record 1985 IMPORT US $13.50 Buy It Now 54m 13s
THE LAWRENCE FAMILY - WORKING ON A BUILDING - 33 RPM LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
54m 33s
New southern country gospel CD: Crist Family- Heaven Train. I Will Love Jesus+ US $4.50 [1 bids]
57m 16s
Rankin Family Collection [ECD] by Rankin Family (The) (CD, Aug-1999, Rounder... US $25.00 Buy It Now 59m 34s
The Partridge Family - Greatest Hits 1989 Cassette Pop US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h
James Talley - American Originals LP G/F SEALED German Press Bear Family Records US $6.99 [0 bids]
1h
Sealed LP Private Sweden Folk Xian 70's OSTLUND FAMILY singing because i'm glad US $144.00 Buy It Now 1h
"The Family Values Tour '98" [PA] by Various Artists (CD, Mar-1999, Sony Music.. US $1.99 [0 bids]
1h
The Beaton Family: Cape Breton Fiddle and Piano Music - like new CD US $3.95 [0 bids]
DCC ARZ 103-2 GOLD CD: The SINATRA Family Wish You a Merry Xmas -OOP 1999 USA SS US $399.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
NEW southern CD: Crist Family- Gospel Classics Vol. 2. Christian church When I US $4.00 [2 bids]
JOHNNY GUITAR WATSON: And The Family Clone LP (cut corner) Soul US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Family Values Tour '99 [PA] by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2000, Sony Music.... US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bob Booker Earle Doud The First Family Vaughn Meader CLP 3060 Recorded 10/22/62 US $1.99 [0 bids]
LP THE KING FAMILY CHRISTMAS WITH WARNER BROS WS 1627 US $3.99 [0 bids]
RARE THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY SHOPPING BAG ALBUM ORIG PLASTIC RECORD NEVER PLAYED US $10.00 [0 bids]
Welcome to the Family Paul Sandberg~1975 Manna Records Xian~FAST SHIPPING!!! US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SLY & THE FAMILY STONE RUNNIN' AWAY / BRAVE & STRONG FRENCH 45 PS 7" US $29.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NEW southern gospel CD: Taylors- Family Favorites. traditional sibling trio hymn US $4.95 [0 bids]
Family Fearless UAS 5562 Original US Pressing Die Cut Gatefold 1971 Prog Rock US $2.99 [0 bids]
Music CD: My Family Original Motion Picture Soundtrack US $1.99 [0 bids]
ROEK'S FAMILY get yourself a ticket NM DUTCH HAMMOND MOD PSYCH GARAGE BEAT LP US $9.00 [0 bids]
Lot Willie Nelson Family Live Gatefold 1978 Best of Willie 1982 Emmy Lou Harris US $5.99 [0 bids]
Fanny Farmer Presents The King Family Christmas Album US $1.99 [0 bids]
CRYSTAL SYPHON Family Evil LP NEW Sealed Reissue classic 60'S WEST COAST PSYCH US $14.50 [0 bids]
Doesn't Somebody Want to be Wanted by The Partridge Family US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Partridge Family I Think I Love You 45 rpm US $0.99 [0 bids]
SLY & The FAMILY STONE Soul 45 Runnin' Away EPIC MINT US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Nigel Six 6 - America's Favorite TV Family CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
SLY & The FAMILY STONE Soul 45 Luv N' Haight MINT US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
FAMILY: Una Cancion Para Mi LP (Spain, original tan label, laminated cover uniq US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
A Way Of Life by The Family Dogg (2009 Lilith 900594 180 Gram Vinyl LP) US $7.00 [0 bids]
"7"-David Cassidy-Rock Me Baby/Two Tim~Partridge Family Germ US $14.99 [0 bids]
Sean Na Na - Family Trees Or Cope We Must (2007) - Used - Compact Disc CD US $3.96 [0 bids]
Couple Friends - Kindred The Family S US $14.48 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Jesus Is My Rock by The Fewell Family (CD, Aug-1999, First Lite) US $29.98 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Ripe-Something Fierce/The Eggplant Family 7", US, new, Sub Pop US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
He'll Make A Way by the Crabb Family -Daywind Soundtrack US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE VAUGHAN BROTHERS FAMILY STYLE JAPAN MINI LP CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
BRUSETTS FAMILY, TAKE A LITTLE TIME - GOSPEL LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Bjork - Family Tree NEW US $63.69 Buy It Now 1h 25m
NEW southern gospel CD: Taylors-It's Christmas. family harmony carols, newer US $3.99 [0 bids]
Miracles Barrino Family US $29.98 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Early Country Radio - Carter Family / Carlie Monroe - JSP Box Set - 4 CD New US $9.82 [0 bids]
Sister Sledge - We Are Family - CD US $4.90 [0 bids]
NELSON Family BR Island Disco Funk LP HEAR US $9.99 [0 bids]
Christian Rock cD Pop Family Jesus Mighty God,Power of God,in the name of Jesus US $0.75 [0 bids]
(NEW)CD THA N.O.E FAMILY(noe records)MISTA BONE YG~RARE US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Life [Remaster] by Sly & the Family Stone (2007, Legacy) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Small Talk by Sly & the Family Stone (2007, Legacy) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Black Friday Record Store Day 7" Sly & the Family Stone Sexy Situation Numbered US $7.89 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Scarce Victims Family - The Germ -Beautiful NM Vinyl!!! US $12.00 [0 bids]
Disney Karaoke Volume 2 MUSIC CD Walt 20 songs instrumental family w/ Artwork! US $8.53 Buy It Now 1h 40m
THE FAMILY VIBES - BOOTIE LIP - 1971 PROMO FUNK 45 NM US $3.30 [0 bids]
Horizon Tribute Series CD Eldridge Fox Family Bible US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Robert Randolph & The Family Band- Born Again - CD Single US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Free Blood - Royal Family / Grumpy 12" Greg Wilson RONG US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
(235L) The Broken Family Band, Leaps - DJ CD US $5.65 Buy It Now 1h 48m
60 House Trance Techno Vinyl Records 12" - DJ, CDJ, 2000, 1210, Tiesto, Romero 1 US $11.46 Buy It Now 1h 50m
INTASTELLA The Family Of People LP Record IMPORT 1991 US $37.50 Buy It Now 1h 51m
LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY 10" X 8" PROMO PHOTO / PRINT / TUNDE BAIYEWU POP / R US $1.13 [0 bids]
"7"-The Family Tree-Miss Butters/Slippin Thru My Fingers 60's can. pop garage US $9.99 [1 bids]
(CH631) The Chapman Family, All Fall - 2011 DJ CD US $4.90 Buy It Now 1h 53m
"7"-The Hollies-Find Me a Family~'89 PS UK Pop~beat US $9.99 [0 bids]
HIGH SIERRA JAZZ BAND Family Album LP Clambake C-222 NM US $11.89 Buy It Now 1h 57m
2h
Family: A Song For Me VINYL US $25.49 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Spanic Family Album by The Spanic Family US $2.99 [0 bids]
Balaam and the Angel - Sun Family (Gothic Rock Vinyl LP - 1986) US $5.72 Buy It Now 2h 3m
7/3 The Lamar Sego Family I've Got My Foot On The Rock Southern Gospel LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Speers [Speer Family] Somethimg Good Is About To Happen Southern Gospel LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Speer Family Especially Warm Southern Gospel LP US $2.00 [0 bids]
Partridge Family Up to Date LP Record with Sleeve Cover Bell 6059 Stereo US $7.99 [0 bids]
Strauss Family: Overtures, Waltzes, Polkas and Marches (2CDs) (1995) US $4.47 Buy It Now 2h 6m
EARL COLLINS "That's Earl Collins Family Fiddling" LP - Sierra Briar Records '75 US $8.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment ratings distribution

FAMILY Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Interesting, most folks go for the bonuses at the end. Of course, this compilation is chronological, ain't it? And so, before Doll's House, the saga of Family begins with these two sides of a single, both quite nice.

First things first, the opening to "Scene Through the Eye of a Lens" is remarkably pretty. Folksy little bits here and there...and then it transfoms into a psycho rocker! Emphasis on "psycho," mind you, not on "rocker." Don't want you expectin' nothing too heavy. Big ole Eastern influence, goofy woodwinds, cool drum bashing. Doesn't last long enough to become anything though.

"Gypsy Woman," despite the mystical name, is a down and dirty blooz rocker. It's the better of the two for sure, with some very cool guitar and harmonica, and plenty more kit bashing. It also doesn't last too long, but it doesn't need to.

Oddly (or perhaps not so oddly) enough, you can hear the roots of the masterful bombast of Music in a Doll's House (which you'll hear next anyway) in these tracks. In fact, were they on that album, perhaps I'd think more of them (yeah, I know, I'm biased. Show me a reviewer who ain't, I dares ya!).

All in all, this compilation is a very nice way to get both of Family's first albums. Suitably pretentious (excuse me, I mean "fairly extensive") liner notes to boot. But I somehow doubt that anyone but the Family diehards (are you out there?) would truly need to hear either of the bonuses, or honestly want to look at THAT many pictures of Roger Chapman's balding pate.

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#135565) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 31, 2007

Review by UMUR
4 stars This boxset which includes the first two studio albums from British rock act Family was released in 1999. In addition to all the original tracks from the two albums, the two first tracks on CD1 are bonus tracks taken of a Family single release. Both Scene Through The Eye Of A Lens and Gypsy Woman are typical Family songs in the slightly psychadelic/ experimental rock style that they played.

Music In A Doll's House:

Music In A Doll's House is the debut studio album from Family. I had never heard about Family before listening to this album and what a shame that is. This is an absolutely wonderful album and an excellent addition to my collection.

The music is a bit hard to describe as there are influences from many genres present on Music In A Doll's House. I would say that the most dominant genre is bluesy rockīnīroll but mind you that itīs done in a sophisticated way that includes sax, flute and even what sounds like a mellotron at times. There is also a healthy dose of psychadelic rock and a bit of jazz and folk thrown in for good measure. The songs are pretty basic rock tunes but with the aforementioned features this makes for a great listening experience.

One of the greatest things on the album is Roger Chapmanīs voice which is really distict and powerful. He sometimes sound a bit like Peter Gabriel when he sings most loud but a singer like Bernardo Lanzetti from Premiata Forneria Marconi also comes to mind. This is mostly due to the extreme vibrato both singers possess and use extensively. Iīm sometimes reminded of another british band and thatīs Audience who has a similar eclectic style.

The musicianship is great and the raw sixties production fits the music well.

This album is a winner in my book and Iīll glady rate it 4 stars. Iīll be looking forward to listening to more music from Family in the future.

Family Entertainment:

Family Entertainment is the second album from british rock act Family. I was really impressed with the debut album from Family called Music In A Doll's House from 1968. Itīs a great psychadelic and eclectic rock album that falls under the catagory mildy progressive. With this second album Family has moved away from the psychadelic tendencies which were a big part of their sound on Music In A Doll's House. Family Entertainment is a much more polished and commercial effort.

Familyīs music is not easily put into a catagory. It contains elements from both rock, jazz, blues, classical music and folk/ country. A truly eclectic band. One of the biggest assets on this album is Roger Chapmanīs vocals which I find very charming and powerful. He has a very raw voice and he would have made a great hard rock vocalist. This fact is very evident in the only hard rocking track on the album Second Generation Woman, which by the way is a bit out of place IMO. Most songs on the album are pretty good and a few are above average. I like Observations From A Hill and the instrumental Summer ī67 while some of the more folk/ country elements that also sneak into some of the songs are not that interesting to me. The eclectic approach to music reminds me a bit of another british band called Audience.

The musicianship is one of the greatest assets on the album. Great violin and sax playing, but the rythm section also prove themselves throughout the album.

The production is very polished compared to the raw debut. It will be an aquired taste if this is something youīll appreciate. Personally I prefer the raw sound of the debut.

Family Entertainment is a good album but I do miss the raw approach that was so enjoyable on the debut and for me Family Entertainment is a 3 star album. Family is still an intriguing band though and Iīll be looking forward to reviewing the rest of their discography.

Conclusion:

Music In A Doll's House is my favorite Family album and if you can get this boxset for a good price I would just see the inclusion of Family Entertainment as a bonus. If you have to pay full double CD price for this release I would seek out the remastered 2003 version of Music In A Doll's House instead. My rating reflects my deep love for Music In A Doll's House and even though Family Entertainment isnīt nearly as exciting I still think this boxset deserves a 4 star rating.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#195060) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008

Post a review of FAMILY "Music In A Doll's House / Family Entertainment"