DEFIANT IMAGINATION

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Quo Vadis Defiant Imagination album cover

Buy QUO VADIS Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Silence Calls the Storm (5:02)
2. In Contempt (3:35)
3. Break the Cycle (6:05)
4. Tunnel Effect (Element of the Ensemble IV) (5:39)
5. To the Bitter End (6:59)
6. In Articulo Mortis (1:07)
7. Fate's Descent (4:35)
8. Dead Man's Diary (5:25)
9. Ego Intuo et Servo Te (0:51)

Search QUO VADIS Defiant Imagination lyrics

Search QUO VADIS Defiant Imagination tabs

- Stephane Pare / vocals
- Bart Frydrychowicz / vocals, guitars
- Steve DiGiorgio / bass
- Yanic Bercier / drums

CD Skyscraper Music #SM013 (2004)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

QUO VADIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUO VADIS Defiant Imagination Music

Defiant ImaginationDefiant Imagination
CD Baby 2004
Defiant Imagination by Quo Vadis (2004-08-02)Defiant Imagination by Quo Vadis (2004-08-02)
CD Baby

More places to buy QUO VADIS music online Buy QUO VADIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

QUO VADIS Defiant Imagination ratings distribution

QUO VADIS Defiant Imagination reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Defiant Imagination is the third studio album from Canadian technical extreme metal act Quo Vadis. Itīs been four years since their last studio album Day Into Night (2000) but in the meantime Quo Vadis released the Passage In Time (2001) compilation album. I have yet to be impressed by Quo Vadis music which I have found promising but not really good on the two previous albums.

The music on Defiant Imagination continues down the same thrashy death metal path as on the two previous albums. They have added a few more melodic elements but thatīs about it for progression. As on the two previous albums Defiant Imagination seriously lacks highlights and after listening to the album itīs almost impossible to point out which songs were interesting. Itīs not a bad album by any means, but itīs very average/ run of the mill technical thrashy death metal.

The musicianship is excellent an in addition to mentioning the fantastic drummer Yanic Bercier itīs also noteworthy that Steve DiGiorgio ( Sadus, Autopsy, Scariot, Freak Neil Inc., Sebastian Bach & Friends, Artension, Control Denied, Dark Hall, Death, Dragonlord, Funeral, Iced Earth, Suicide Shift, James Murphy, Testament, Vintersorg) plays the bass on the album.

The production is good. Typical clean modern metal production.

After listening to all Quo Vadis albums ( the first three) Iīve come to the conclusion that itīs in the songwriting department that the band lacks the last to become really good. Their songs are simply not very memorable. For a good but very average album Iīll give a 3 star rating. Defiant Imagination is by far the best album out of the first three though and if you want to check out Quo Vadis I suggest that you start here.

3 stars I picked up this album because I'm a fan of well-played metal. Saying that, I can recommend this album to those that like bands like Death, but not to people that like more melodic bands like Opeth. It has it's moments but there is nothing on this album that blows me away or makes me want to shar ... (read more)

Report this review (#119065) | Posted by Telinstryata | Thursday, April 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Since the beginning of the album, we found what we're gonna listen the 40 minutes it lasts. To anybody who doesn't enjoy the most brutal music founded that side of technicity (I've heard much more brutal music, but hardly have technic) they're being afraid of what they're listen, but this is Tech ... (read more)

Report this review (#95533) | Posted by DeadRightProg | Monday, October 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUO VADIS "Defiant Imagination"