I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE (WITH PAT METHENY)

John Scofield

John Scofield I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) album cover

Buy JOHN SCOFIELD Music
Studio Album, released in 1993

1. I Can See Your House from Here (7:43)
2. Red One (4:17)
3. No Matter What (7:14)
4. Everybody's Party (6:15)
5. Message to a Friend (6:09)
6. No Way Jose (7:18)
7. Say the Brother's Name (7:18)
8. S.C.O. (4:41)
9. Quiet Rising (5:26)
10. One Way to Be (5:45)
11. You Speak My Language (6:57)

Search JOHN SCOFIELD I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) lyrics

Search JOHN SCOFIELD I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) tabs

- Bill Stewart / Drums
- Pat Metheny / Synthesizer, Acoustic and Synth Guitars
- John Scofield / Acoustic and Steel Guitars
- Steve Swallow / Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitar

Blue Note Records

Thanks to avestin for the addition
and to snobb for the last updates

JOHN SCOFIELD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOHN SCOFIELD I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Uberjam DeuxUberjam Deux
Decca 2013
A Go GoA Go Go
Polygram Records 1998
HandjiveHandjive
Blue Note Records 1994
A Moment's PeaceA Moment's Peace
Emarcy / Pgd 2011

More places to buy JOHN SCOFIELD music online Buy JOHN SCOFIELD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOHN SCOFIELD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOHN SCOFIELD I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) ratings distribution

JOHN SCOFIELD I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny) reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars I suppose this album was inevitable. John Scofield does have a similar sound to Pat Metheny's, although I think that had more to do with record company pressure than their individual styles. Metheny was just too much of a jazz market monster for the suits to not want to copy him. Nonetheless, I like ususally Scofield's soloing style better than Metheny's.

While the songs, in keeping with Metheny's usual style, are all relatively low key, the album mostly alternates between the passive and the slightly more energetic songs. Needless to say, I like the faster and louder pieces, but I just wish that they actually were fast and loud.

The two guitarists play well together, sometimes in unison, and mostly trading solos, and Metheny, thankfully, restrains himself from much use of that lame sounding guitar synth horn patch he is known for.

3 stars, because at least it's pleasant background music.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#427571) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

5 stars i think this is a great album. pat and john show here their abilities whith their instruments in all their glory. itīs an album purely focused on the guitar. i have to admit that itīs a little bit too long, but it doesnīt make it less surprising. the sound, the efects that the guitars use make m ... (read more)

Report this review (#91295) | Posted by | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JOHN SCOFIELD "I Can See Your House from Here (with Pat Metheny)"