CLOCKS ARE LIKE PEOPLE

Circulus Clocks Are Like People album cover

Buy CIRCULUS Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Dragon's Dance (3:20)
2. Song Of Our Despair (4:57)
3. Willow Tree (4:56)
4. Wherever She Goes (4:18)
5. Velocity Races (4:03)
6. To The Fields (3:22)
7. Bouree (3:17)
8. This Is The Way (5:34)
9. Reality's A Fantasy (8:22)

Search CIRCULUS Clocks Are Like People lyrics

- Will Summers / flutes, recorders, crumhorn, shawm
- Victor Hugo Llamas / bongos, percussion

Rise Above RISECD093

Thanks to Geck0 for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

CIRCULUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CIRCULUS Clocks Are Like People Music

Clocks Are Like People [Vinyl]Clocks Are Like People [Vinyl]
Rise Above Relics 2008
Vinyl$11.46
Lick on Tip of an Envelope Thats Yet to Be SentLick on Tip of an Envelope Thats Yet to Be Sent
Candlelight 2005
Vinyl$4.99
Circulus - Song Of Our Despair LP NEW US $12.18 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Circulus - Clocks Are Like People LP NEW US $19.69 Buy It Now 1h 51m
HOLGER BIEGE - circulus 1979 Amiga US $4.90 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Chick Corea,Circulus Vol.1&2 set,Dave Holland,Anthony Braxton,Japan orig.LP Obi US $84.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chick Corea Circulus Blue Note Jazz Classic Series BN-LA-882 US $10.10 Buy It Now 2 days
Circulus: Lick On The Tip Of An Envelope CD 2005 NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CIRCULUS Swallow/My Body Is Made of sunlight CD SINGLE (BUY 4 CD- GET 5!!) US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
PEOPLE TREE CD GREAT FOLK PROG LINDA PERHACS BERT JANSCH JOHN MARTYN CIRCULUS US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Wenn der Abend Kommt/Circulus by Holger Biege (CD, Oct-1994, Bmg/Amiga) US $7.30 Buy It Now 4 days
SGT PEPPER RE RECORDED CD MOJO NEW SEALED ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN CIRCULUS 747'S US $9.37 Buy It Now 4 days
CIRCULUS - CLOCKS ARE LIKE PEOPLE - NEW CD US $8.53 Buy It Now 5 days
Circulus The Lick On The Tip Of... LP NEW (UK Import) US $24.40 Buy It Now 5 days
Circulus Song Of Our Despair LP NEW (UK Import) US $12.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Circulus Clocks Are Like People LP NEW (UK Import) US $25.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Circulus Swallow/My Body Is Made Of... CD NEW (UK Import) US $6.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Circulus Clocks Are Like People CD NEW (UK Import) US $7.78 Buy It Now 7 days
Circle - Corea - Braxton - Holland - Alschul - Circulus 2LP's Blue Note US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Circulus - Thought Becomes Reality NEW CD US $20.60 Buy It Now 9 days
CHICK COREA CIRCULUS ORIG 1978 1ST PRESS NM BN-LA882-J2 US $21.00 Buy It Now 10 days
circulus - song of our despair - 7" clear vinyl single - looks unplayed - folk US $17.05 Buy It Now 11 days
Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to Be Sent, Circulus US $2.00 Buy It Now 11 days
CIRCULUS-CLOCKS ARE LIKE PEOPLE-9 TRACK DIGIPAK CD-NEW/SEALED-UK IMPORT-2006 US $12.17 Buy It Now 12 days
Chick Corea Circulus Vol.2 vinyl LP album record Japanese GXF3027 BLUE NOTE US $51.11 Buy It Now 12 days
CIRCULUS - THOUGHT BECOMES REALITY * - NEW CD US $16.41 Buy It Now 14 days
CIRCULUS swallow/my body is made of sunlight 7" yellow vinyl (rise765) pic sleev US $8.52 Buy It Now 15 days
CIRCULUS - SONG OF OUR DESPAIR [SINGLE] - NEW CD US $8.03 Buy It Now 15 days
CIRCULUS - THOUGHT BECOMES REALITY - MYTHCAKE001 US $24.10 Buy It Now 15 days
Circulus - The Lick On The Tip Of... (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $23.87 Buy It Now 16 days
Circulus - Thought Becomes Reality (NEW CD) US $25.15 Buy It Now 16 days
Circulus - Clocks Are Like People (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $23.87 Buy It Now 16 days
Circulus - Thought Becomes Reality (2009) CD Progressive Folk Rock US $17.05 Buy It Now 17 days
NEW Wenn Der Abend Kommt/Circulus by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $15.93 Buy It Now 19 days
CIRCULUS - SWALLOW/MY BODY IS MADE OF SUNLIGHT [SINGLE] - NEW CD US $8.03 Buy It Now 21 days
CIRCULUS Clocks Are Like People 2006 UK 9-trk PROMO CD US $8.52 Buy It Now 21 days
HOLGER BIEGE - WENN DER ABEND KOMMT: CIRCULUS NEW CD US $14.37 Buy It Now 21 days
Circulus Song Of Our Despair CD NEW (UK Import) US $6.41 Buy It Now 23 days
HOLGER BIEGE - WENN DER ABEND KOMMT/CIRCULUS - NEW CD US $7.28 Buy It Now 24 days
MARIANNE SEGAL FEATURING CIRCULUS - THE GATHERING - NEW US $18.75 Buy It Now 25 days
Circulus Swallow / My body is made of sunlight CD Single (sealed) US $4.25 Buy It Now 26 days
Classic Rock - Shine On - Fish, Circulus, Wolverine, Frost etc - music cd album US $8.45 Buy It Now 26 days
Circulus - Clocks Are Like People NEW LP US $14.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Circulus - The Lick On The Tip Of... NEW LP US $14.98 Buy It Now 27 days
CHICK COREA Japan 1978 NM LP+Obi CIRCULUS VOL.1 Blue Note US $69.99 Buy It Now 27 days
CHICK COREA-CIRCULUS VOL.1-JAPAN ISSUE BLUE NOTE +OBI US $74.99 Buy It Now 27 days
MOJO Presents Sgt Pepper 14-trk CD SEALED Circulus Fionn Regan Stephanie Dosen US $8.52 Buy It Now 29 days
CHICK COREA CIRCULUS VOL.2 JAPAN KING BLUE NOTE LP Anthony Braxton Dave Holland US $46.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy CIRCULUS music online Buy CIRCULUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CIRCULUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CIRCULUS Clocks Are Like People ratings distribution

CIRCULUS Clocks Are Like People reviews

Review by Blacksword
3 stars I became aware of Circulus on an early evening, prime time culture show on British TV. I was fascinated by their sound, their strangely flippant and shy attitiude, and by the completely stupid way they chose to dress! I'm no expert on 'Prog folk',a tag that I'm sure Circulus would hate as much as the 'Folk Rock' tag applied to them by the non prog world, but this band are ridiculous bordering on brilliant.'Clocks are Like People' their second album oftens fails to capitilise on the bands real strengths, notably their ability to fuse Moog with trad instruments like Crumhorns, but when they do, and they are in full flight, it can be a mindblowing and strangely addictive brew. Refreshing too,but perhaps only to those of us, who seem to have managed to cunningly and skillfully avoid being exposed to much folk music over the years. Perhaps it's now time for a change...?

This album grows on you like fungus with each play. It's beautifully produced; the definition on all instruments coming through crystal clear. The musicianship is impressive too. I would like to hear more female vocals throughout, and also more extended play, but there are some fine moments.

'Dragons Dance' is a quirky opener, which didn't do much for me on first listen, but I think it takes time to get to know what this band is about, and what they are trying to achieve, and the nature of their sense of humour. 'Willow Tree' is among my favourite songs. The moody verses are complimented by the male/female harmonies, and the synthy interludes provide a wonderful contrast to the more trad sounding vocal sections. 'Wherever she goes' is a haunting ballad, with lyrics that make me think of the maypole song from the Wicker Man: 'In the ocean there is an island, and on the island grows an oak, beneath the oak lies a casket'.

'Bouree' is an instrumental, which has great moments when the Crumhorns come in alongside the Moog, although some of the tunes are little too 'chirpy' for my taste. It's a track of great potential, and is evidence of what Circulus are capable of. It should have been longer, a little darker, a little funkier perhaps, but it's coming from a good place. The best track is the closer 'Reality's a Fantasy' Circulus skilfully combine their folk elements with spacious Moog flurries, and a vocal part sung through a two way radio, sounding as if singer Sam Kelly was performing on the Moon and singing his heart out to mission control. This is the track I play to people when I want them to hear Circulus. It's arguably not the most representative track, it just happens to be their most atmospheric and interesting IMO.

I'm awaiting the arrival of their debut, 'The Lick on the tip of an Envelope Yet to be Sent' The reviews on PA seem to favour the debut over 'Clocks are like People' Perhaps it's typical of me to do everything back to front, but I shall post a review of the debut in due course. For now, I'm left wanting to see this band live, and wanting to hear more. 'CALP' is arguably patchy, but the formula is fantastic and I look forward to their next album.

Send comments to Blacksword (BETA) | Report this review (#114147) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 04, 2007

5 stars This is THE cd of the year! Like a corny 70's sitcom with Richard O'Sullivan when you've just taken a tub of 'shrooms, it made me laugh my arse off and filled me with childish wonder. If you think that songs about dragons, knights and men called Thogdin are beneath you then give it a miss or a ... (read more)

Report this review (#102590) | Posted by roooegg | Monday, December 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CIRCULUS "Clocks Are Like People"