A.R 3

8. Wie Ich Mir So Ich Dir
9. Alles Geht Nach Goa

Search A.R. & MACHINES A.R 3 lyrics

Search A.R. & MACHINES A.R 3 tabs

Not available at present, if you can help with the details, please contact the site

LP Zebra / Polydor 294 9006
CD Spectrum 550 380-2 (1997)

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to Fassbinder for the last updates

A.R. & MACHINES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy A.R. & MACHINES A.R 3 Music

More places to buy A.R. & MACHINES music online Buy A.R. & MACHINES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for A.R. & MACHINES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

A.R. & MACHINES A.R 3 ratings distribution

A.R. & MACHINES A.R 3 reviews

3 stars This is A.R. & MACHINES third album and like the last one there are a lot of guests helping Achim Reichel out. I count 10 actually including Okko Bekker a Dutchman who was born and lived in Germany at the time. He plays sitar, tablas and other ethnic instruments. Certainly compared to the debut this is much less dynamic and innovative. It's like Achim decided to turn from those psychedelic and experimental sounds to more of an even keel with a prominant ethnic vibe. POPOL VUH came to mind at times. I'm going to use the English song titles for this review.

"Why Peter Is Only On Holiday" opens with this rhythm that builds before settling down 1 1/2 minutes in as sounds come and go. No melody really when it calms down. Echo guitar starts to lead and bass helps out 3 1/2 minutes in. Percussion a minute later. I like this. It's building again after 5 1/2 minutes. "Tarzan's Adventures In The Summer Sale" opens with guitar and drums. Sax is prominant after 1 1/2 minutes. Lots of percussion too. Intense sound 2 1/2 minutes in. This is great ! "10 Years Life Imprisonment" is pastoral to open before it kicks in after a minute. Lots of percussion and echo guitar. Vocals after 2 minutes followed by some excellent guitar 3 minutes in and later before 5 1/2 minutes. Some prominant bass here too. It builds to an intense sound 6 minutes in then settles late and blends into "The Frost-Giant's Daughter". Drums, vocals and guitar join in.

"The Owners Of The World" really does seem out of place. It's quite commercial sounding with vocals being the focus. "Today It Is Warmer Than Outside" features some organ and echo guitar. It kicks in after a minute. Nice. It blends into "In German We Call It Conscience-Bites".Vocals around a minute. This is catchy stuff. "(I...Me Like I ...You)" is a short but cool tune. We get some organ, sax, electric guitar and even a rattle after 1 1/2 minutes. "Everybody Goes To Goa" opens with spacey winds as vocal expressions and a beat come in. A change as sitar eventually becomes prominant 2 1/2 minutes in. The sounds get louder as tablas help out. This is very ethnic sounding.

I must admit i've struggeled with my rating here. I just can't bring myself to give it 4 stars even though there are some real highlights here. Just not enough of them I suppose.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#241937) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 28, 2009

4 stars More Musick for the Brain A.R. 3 was released shortly after the masterpiece double LP, Echo. In this album, Achim Reichel was in the middle of his progressive rock phase and very much at the top of his game musically speaking. Compared to the previous two albums, A.R. 3 is generally jazzi ... (read more)

Report this review (#124946) | Posted by Mikerinos | Thursday, June 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of A.R. & MACHINES "A.R 3"