MIRROR MIRROR

9. Age of Consent
10. Everything Is Not Enough

Search 10CC Mirror Mirror lyrics

Search 10CC Mirror Mirror tabs

- Graham Gouldman / lead vocal, guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals, harmony vocal, mandolin, percussion
- Adrian Lee / keyboard programming, percussion, backing vocals, string arrangement, arrangement, acoustic guitar, programming, whistling, accordion, brass section, mix engineer
- Eric Stewart / lead vocal, lead guitar, electric piano, all instruments, percussion, engineer, mixing
- Lise Aferiat / violin
- Gary Barnacle / sax (5)
- Nicola Burton / violin
- Lol Creme / grand piano and backing vocals (1)
- Rick Fenn / lead guitar (2)
- Rod Gammons / additional production and remix (2)
- Kevin Godley / bass drum, musical box and backing vocals (1)
- Andrew Gold / guitar, lead vocal, backing vocals
- Chris Goldscheider / viola
- Andrew Hines / cello (4)
- Patrick Jones / cello
- Paul McCartney / strings, electric piano, frogs crickets and percussion (6)
- Steve Pigott / keyboard and drum programming (2)
- Ian Thomas / drums (3)
- Peter Thoms / trombone (7)
- Gary Wallis / drums and percussion (2)

Zyx Records

Thanks to memowakeman for the addition

10CC MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy 10CC Mirror Mirror Music

Mirror MirrorMirror Mirror
Avex/Critique Records
Mirror Mirror by 10cc [Music CD]Mirror Mirror by 10cc [Music CD]
Avex/Critique Records
LP 10cc ~ USD $20.97
LP sheet music ~ USD $20.97

More places to buy 10CC music online Buy 10CC & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for 10CC DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

10CC Mirror Mirror ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

10CC Mirror Mirror reviews

Review by Chris S
2 stars I am going to give this album two stars only because of the brilliant " Code Of Silence"This song alone could have fitted in perfectly on any of their previous successful studio albums and is an epic track comapred to the dull lacklustre effort the rest has to offer. Not to say the music is unpleasant, far from it. It is all very catchy, ear friendly candy. But that is where it ends. Where previously 10CC ensured that their fanbase and critics alike would take them seriously they kind of lost that ' aura' with Mirror Mirror. The material is generally not near good enough." Pice In Our Time" is another great song. It is also worth noting that the great Paul McCartney plays on Mirror Mirror also. The original lineup are also all here but something, and I can't quite put my finger on it, makes this album overall to be rather poor.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#86952) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 13, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars The last 10CC effort to date.but this is not truly a band effort actually.

It is true that the four of them appear on ONE song of this album and even not an original one : an acoustic version of "I'm Not In Love" (Stewart and Gouldman). It is of course one of the greatest rock ballad ever written in its original format. In this version Godley (drums) and Creme (piano) are performing backing vocals like on "Meanwhile". Still, it is by far the best track featured on this weak album. Almost naked but always great.

On top of this remix, Gouldman and Stewart are only co-writing two songs "Take This Woman" and "Why Did I Break Your Heart".

The band did already record some reggae songs over the years, and this album just repeats the story with the first two songs. Even if "Yvonne's the One" is co-signed with Paul McCartney, there is nothing to write home about. Nothing to do with "Dreadlock Holidays" which still remains the reference.

And "Code Of Silence" is a slow beat reggae ballad which could also be left over IMO (but lots of song here could have followed the same direction). I really have a hard time to find one outstanding track in this work.

Between the funky "Age Of Consent", the mellow ballad "The Monkey And The Onion", the disco-ish "Everything Is Not Enough" the choice is very difficult.

The most emotional one is ""Ready To Go Home" written shortly after Gouldman's father death in 1991. I guess it is also the best one from this deceptive album. Most of the songs are just smooth ballads which make the whole sounds as one and only song. Boring.

Some marimba for another reggae inspired song ? Here you go with "Margo Wants The Mustard". Funny theme but not a great song even if it might sound humouristic.

I guess that the band had no other choice than to call it quit after this very, very average album. Some members will revive the "10CC" name and toured recently but the flame is gone for a long time already.

Two stars. But this is really a maximum. Three out of ten is more realistic. For obvious reasons, this album will fail to chart.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#155315) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 13, 2007

Review by snobb
2 stars Last to time 10cc studio album is total disappointment. Based on just one old great song "I'm Not In Love" acoustic version (which isn't great, but at least could remind you good old times), all other tracks are just mid tempo soft-rock.

More Stewart-Gouldman project, than real 10 cc, this album is long sad line of faceless simple melodic and simple played songs. Even Paul McCartney is stated in musician list ( more to make the album a better seller, than for real musical reason). If in their best times band has it's own atmosphere of art-pop melodism and humour, some interesting arrangements, now all these are gone.

The only reason I can see this album was released is just some money making from old brand name. Not too much successful step however.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#263097) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
1 stars I must admit, I was a huge 10CC fan for their first few albums. After kevin godley and Lol Creme left the band, I still gae them a chance. "Deceptive Bends" was actually a very good album. It managedto retain the cleverness and quirkyness that made 10CC the kings of art-pop. But soon after that, whatever made the group destinctive, both in lyrics and in songwriting, began to fade. I purchased "Look Hear?" at a used record store for fifty cents, and gave up on the band.

In 1995, while managing a record store, I received a promo of "Mirror Mirror", and gave it a listen. It confirmed my decision to not follow their releases up until that point (although revisiting them recently I found that they were bad, but not devoid of value, as this album is).

Musically and lyrically, the group had become at this point typical soft rock fodder. The words are schmaltzy and trite, and the arrangements are bland and boring. Many of the tracks seem to have completely uninspired sequencing, devoid of ay emotion.

The focal point of the album appears to be a remix of the band's classic hit I'm Not In Love. the remix to me is unnecessary, and was probably added as a way to get Godley and Creme in the credits. Later reissues have some single edits, and an acoustic version of I'm Not In Love. This version misses the best part of the song, the lush vocal overdubbed harmonies tha made up the backing track.

It is unfortunate that the band's recording career ended on such a low note, but it does appear tha Graham Goulding has been touring recently as the only original member under the band's nae.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#913343) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Post a review of 10CC "Mirror Mirror"