DELIVERANCE

Sylvan Deliverance  album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy SYLVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1999

1. Seeking Nights (10:50)
2. Golden Cage (4:50)
3. Unconsciously (10:00)
4. Safe (4:10)
5. Those Defiant Ways (9:15)
6. Deliverance (10:20)
7. Childhood Dreams (3:50)
8. A Fairytale Ending (16:45)

Search SYLVAN Deliverance lyrics

Search SYLVAN Deliverance tabs

- Marco Glühmann / vocals
- Matthias Harder / drums
- Patrick Münster / bass
- Kay Sühl / guitar
- Volker Sühl / keyboards

CD Angular Records SKAN 8213.AR (1999) Germany

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

SYLVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SYLVAN Deliverance Music

Sylvan Realm The Lodge Of Transcendence Agalloch Bethlehem US $6.66 [0 bids]
DEMONCY WITHIN THE SYLVAN REALM OF FROST 1999 SO IT IS DONE PROFANATICA SABNACK US $98.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
SYLVAN ESSO - SYLVAN ESSO (IMPORT) NEW CD US $38.30 Buy It Now 6h 32m
LIFCHITZ / SYLVAN WINDS - STARTLING STORIES NEW CD US $18.86 Buy It Now 8h 11m
SYLVAN LEVIN CLARAMAE TURNER love come back to me/MAC MORGAN desert song 45-2 US $7.00 [0 bids]
SYLVAN ESSO - SYLVAN ESSO (UK) NEW VINYL US $49.84 Buy It Now 17h 37m
XANADU The Last Sunrise NEW CD PROG Porcupine Tree, Sylvan, Riverside, Pendragon US $9.99 [0 bids]
YANNATOS / SHELTON / VARGAS / SYLVAN / ROBARDS - TRINITY MASS NEW CD US $25.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Carole Sylvan Sound of New York 34005 Think Vocal and Instrumental US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso [Vinyl New] US $34.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Recurring Dream, Sylvan Grey, Good US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Carole Sylvan-Just Doin' What We Love-UK Import CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BARRY MASON AND SYLVAN 7"Single -When You Do What You're Doing/Oh Baby US $11.64 Buy It Now 2 days
SYLVAN - POSTHUMOUS SILENCE & SHOW: LIVE AT KAMPNAGEL NEW DVD US $24.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Recurring Dream * by Sylvan Grey (CD, Oct-1989, Fortuna) US $5.95 [0 bids]
sylvan realm - the lodge of transcendence, dissection fen woods of ypres shining US $5.99 [0 bids]
Sylvan Esso SELF TITLED Debut Album TREKKY RECORDS Coffee NEW SEALED VINYL LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
Paul Sylvan - Love Always Listens + Sampler Disc US $11.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso - PTKF2113-2 US $18.59 Buy It Now 3 days
CFC 156 JEANNE OMMERLE / SANFORD SYLVAN / GARY WEDOW Songs of Arthur Sullivan LP US $15.15 Buy It Now 3 days
D D'BONNEAU / M WEEKS / C SYLVAN You Got Me Spinning 12" Sound Clip in listing US $12.48 Buy It Now 3 days
SYLVAN ESSO - Coffee. rare UK CD (Megafaun, Mountain Man, Buy 3 = Free P US $6.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.41 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Sylvan Esso 'Sylvan Esso' s/t electro pop on Partisan 2014 DIGIPACK US $0.99 [0 bids]
SYLVAN ESSO - S/T Album. rare UK 10 track CD (Buy 3 = Free P&P!) US $4.48 [1 bids]
GOOD PAUL SYLVAN s/t LP Mint- Promo Label CS-1008 USA Stereo 1971 Record US $30.40 Buy It Now 4 days
SYLVAN SHULMAN modern music for strings 10" VG+ ML 2121 CBS ED1 1950 Record US $288.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso US $10.18 Buy It Now 4 days
SYLVAN GREY - RECURRING DREAM * - NEW CD US $13.82 Buy It Now 4 days
SYLVAN STREET - HERE IN AMERICA NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 4 days
Carole Sylvan - Just Doin' What We Love - 1999 #240374 US $6.64 Buy It Now 5 days
SYLVAN SINGERS Bel Canto BLUE MOUNTAIN ACADEMY Abendlied EVENSONG Rare XIAN lp US $29.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Speculum Musicae/Sylvan Crumb: Comp Works Vol1 CD NEW (UK Import) US $26.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Carole Sylvan Think Sound of New York 1982 SEALED 12" US $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SYLVAN STREET - PERFECT LEAF NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 5 days
DEMONCY - Faustian Dawn / Within The Sylvan Realms Of Frost (2xCD DIGIPAK Set) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Ellen Faull "AN AMERICAN SOPRANO" CD NEW Sylvan Levin US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1983 Lotus Eaters First Picture Of You 7" Sylvan Arista SYL-1 VG+ Vinyl PS US $2.75 Buy It Now 6 days
SANFORD SYLVAN, Baritone - Beloved that Pilgrimage - David Breitman, Piano - CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Barry Mason & Sylvan - Oh Baby / When You Do What You're Doing 7" US $13.30 Buy It Now 6 days
JESSE GREEN (PIANO) - SYLVAN TREASURE * - NEW CD US $9.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Esso Sylvan - Coffee Dress Dlcd LP Vinyl Record Single US $16.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Startling Stories - Winds Sylvan New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.83 Buy It Now 7 days
LENNY FONTANA-EVERYBODY SAY YEAH-GARAGE-SYLVAN @LISTEN US $7.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Sylvan Treasure * by Jesse (Piano) Green (CD, Aug-20... US $3.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Various Artists SYLVAN COURT CD US $6.34 Buy It Now 9 days
sylvan herman / stephanie cha cha / medley / crosley 112 vinyl 45 US $9.00 Buy It Now 9 days
ADAMS / SYLVAN / MALTMAN / BOUTROS / MARWA / LSO - DEATH OF KLINGHOFFER NEW DVD US $33.35 Buy It Now 9 days
Sylvan Street-Perfect Leaf, The CD NEW US $16.26 Buy It Now 9 days
Sylvan Street-Here In America CD NEW US $16.26 Buy It Now 9 days
X-Rayed (CD) by Sylvan US $3.96 Buy It Now 9 days
DREAM TEAM DATURA 2 FABIOLA FOURTEEN 14 DJ SYLVAN JOHNNY KASS ITALO MAX 2CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Sylvan Winds-Startling Stories CD NEW US $12.94 Buy It Now 10 days
Paul Sylvan Silent Witness Sensuous New Age Cassette Tape - TESTED US $6.66 Buy It Now 10 days
RIKKI SYLVAN what's that sound 7" PS EX/EX uk krl US $11.64 Buy It Now 10 days
Sylvan Esso - Coffee/Dress [Vinyl New] US $11.85 Buy It Now 10 days
SYLVAN - ENCOUNTERS (IMPORT CD) - EXCELLENT - 24 HOUR POST!!! US $33.28 Buy It Now 10 days
LOTUS EATERS DUO IT HURTS THE EVIDENCE SYLVAN RECORDS UK EX WILD SWANS INDIE 7" US $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Demoncy - Faustian Dawn / Within the Sylvan 2CD SICK!! US $10.82 Buy It Now 11 days
Grey, Sylvan Recurring Dream CD US $5.75 Buy It Now 11 days
DAVID SYLVAN - Gone To Earth ~ GATEFOLD 2 x VINYL LP US $18.63 Buy It Now 11 days
SYLVAN REALM "The Lodge of Transcendence" CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SYLVAN STREET - THE PERFECT LEAF - NEW CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 11 days
CLASSIC ROOTS 7"-SYLVAN WHITE- WORLD OF CONFUSION hear US $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
SYLVAN ESSO - SYLVAN ESSO [5/13] (720841211327) - NEW CD US $8.36 Buy It Now 12 days
SYLVAN ESSO**SYLVAN ESSO**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Reverie - Isolation CD 2007 Sylvan Realm black metal acoustic US $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Paul Sylvan(Vinyl LP)Love Always Listens-Slyvan Records-SRI-UK-VG/Ex US $9.97 Buy It Now 13 days
Paul Sylvan(Vinyl LP)Love Always Listens-Slyvan Records-SRI-UK-VG/Ex US $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Recurring Dream by Grey, Sylvan US $6.80 Buy It Now 13 days
SYLVAN - LEAVING BACKSTAGE: LIVE AT KAMPNAGEL - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.23 Buy It Now 13 days
REGGAE WORKSHOP Oiginal Issue Made in Kingston Jamaica ~SYLVAN MORRIS~ B US $209.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Carole Sylvan, Just doin' what we love 4 mix CD Single US $8.31 Buy It Now 14 days
DEMONCY Faustian Dawn/ Within The Sylvan Realms Of... US $13.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $28.28 Buy It Now 14 days
Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso (NEW CD) US $17.88 Buy It Now 14 days
The Sylvan and Oceanic Delights of Posilipo. CD US $14.81 Buy It Now 14 days
Spiral Dance-Through a Sylvan Doorway CD NEW US $36.93 Buy It Now 15 days
RIKKI SYLVAN what's that sound 7" b/w no man's land (krl1278) pic slv uk kaleido US $8.31 Buy It Now 15 days
SYLVAN - ENCOUNTERS German neoprog ANGULAR ORIG US $50.00 Buy It Now 15 days
SYLVAN LEVIN ORCHESTRA Light Classical Gems 10" lp RARE US $24.89 Buy It Now 15 days
SYLVAN ESSO - COFFEE / DRESS NEW VINYL US $14.64 Buy It Now 15 days
Sylvan Street - Here In America Jewl CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 16 days
Sylvan Street - Perfect Leaf CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 16 days
Grey Sylvan - Recurring Dream CD US $18.27 Buy It Now 16 days
Yannatos Shelton Vargas Sylvan Robards - Trinity Mass CD US $21.84 Buy It Now 16 days
Lifchitz Sylvan Winds - Startling Stories CD US $16.08 Buy It Now 16 days
Spiral Dance - Through A Sylvan Doorway CD US $46.05 Buy It Now 16 days
Lotus Eaters It Hurts 7" vinyl single record UK SYL5 SYLVAN 1985 US $21.54 Buy It Now 16 days
Lotus Eaters Soul In Sparks UK 7" vinyl single record FS5 SYLVAN 1985 US $13.05 Buy It Now 16 days
Sylvan Albertus - Crow In Cottonwood Pt. 1 [CD New] US $15.05 Buy It Now 16 days
ESSO,SYLVAN-SYLVAN ESSO (UK) CD NEW US $29.86 Buy It Now 16 days
SYLVAN ESSO - SYLVAN ESSO NEW VINYL US $25.52 Buy It Now 16 days
SYLVAN LEVIN "ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT / HABANERA" 45 US $3.50 Buy It Now 16 days
SYLVAN LEVIN ORCHESTRA Light Classical Gems RARE 3 record box set Excellent US $24.99 Buy It Now 16 days
SYLVAN ESSO CD - SYLVAN ESSO (2014) - NEW UNOPENED US $14.99 Buy It Now 16 days
1971 GOOD PAUL SYLVAN LP on COLOSSUS Rare SUNSHINE POP FUNK Northern SOUL US $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
The Sylvan and Oceanic Delights of Posilipo (1620) Philip Pickett Music CD US $15.38 Buy It Now 17 days
SYLVAN X-Rayed 2004 ProgRock Records US 1st Press RPWL Alias Eye Marillion IQ US $4.99 Buy It Now 17 days
CFC 156 JEANNE OMMERLE / SANFORD SYLVAN / GARY WEDOW Songs of Arthur Sullivan LP US $23.40 Buy It Now 17 days

More places to buy SYLVAN music online Buy SYLVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SYLVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SYLVAN Deliverance ratings distribution

SYLVAN Deliverance reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I bought this CD because I liked their second album "Encounters". Unfortunately, it failed to fulfill my expectations because I thought that it would be as excellent as Encounters. The music is a blend of neo progressive and progressive metal. Typical neo prog music has a strong melody in its composition. But, it does not really strong here with this album, even though there are some catchy segments I find throughout the album. This is not the best album to start with, I think. You should start with Encounters. This album suits only for collectors who really want to complete all albums from the band.

Seeking Nights (10:50) opens with an ambient keyboard sounds that depict a spacey nuance. The music enters with electric guitar that takes the melody backed with symphonic keyboard sound. The guitar style is typical neo prog music. The vocal line enters the music in a mellow style and it brings the music in symphonic style. There are some changes in musical forms but some of them are not done in smooth ways - I feel like bit disjointed between one segment to another. The voice quality is not that excellent. Some keyboard sound insertion does not fit well with the music - melody-wise.

Golden Cage (4:50) starts with a vocal line accompanied by piano touch with some classical influence. As the music flows, there are some orchestration at the back followed with guitar solo. There are minimum changes in musical forms as almost all stem from the same basic melody with straightforward structure and mundane melody - nothing special in terms of melody and compositions.

Unconsciously (10:00) starts off with an uplifting keyboard work and female voice followed with dynamic drumming and keyboard solo. The vocal enters energetically into the music, followed with keyboard sounds and soft guitar riffs. The guitar solo enters right after the end of first singing verse in symphonic nuance. The music turns into quieter passage with some female and male voices. It turns energetically with a male voice line backed with keyboard sounds. The ending part explores keyboard as main rhythm that accompanies good guitar work.

Safe (4:10) begins with repeated keyboard chords that accompany voice line. The combination of music and vocals do not seem harmonious as they produce confusing melody. Overall, it's a boring track with no catchy melody. It's loosely composed. Basically there is nothing left with me whenever I complete listening to this track. It's just gone like that - no memorable melody or nice piece of musical composition.

Those Defiant Ways (9:15) has a rather complex structure. However, there are many transitions or insertions of keyboard solos that do not seem fit with the structure - it seems everything does not sound naturally. So many changes happen in the music in terms of forms and textures so that I have lost with the tagline melody / composition created for the track. It's so confusing in terms of structures and composition.

Deliverance (10:20) starts with "supposedly" nice piano work. But what follows then is a soundscape that is continued with a vocal line. Unfortunately the combination with vocals do not produce anything that really stands out as a composition. Again, it seems not natural. I think there are fallacies in determining the choice of notes that were used to form this song so that they do not produce any compelling compositions. Even though, there are some catchy piano notes during transitions.

Childhood Dreams (3:50) starts with a nice piano work with classical influence followed with keyboard that brings the vocals into the music. A mellow track performed with no drumming. I hardly find catchy melody in here as well.

A Fairytale Ending (16:45) is the band's epic that concludes the album. It begins with an ambient style in an orchestration fashion for approximately 2 minutes. It continues with a soundscape. Acoustic guitar fills and male transitions. What is then annoying is the unstructured vocals at minute 3 that do not constitute a good composition. What is this really? It does not constitute any good songwriting at all putting this unstructured vocal lines - each voice tends to sing in its own way and when it's all summed up together they don't produce any single harmony. What a waste. Overall, actually I find many catchy melodies throughout this track. But unfortunately, those nice and melodic transitions were not crafted in such a way that are connected smoothly. It seems like a collection of loose nice segments. For example, I see that the ending part of this long track is really melodic especially with its stunning guitar work - but again, it's only part of overall disjointed segments.

Overall, I can only give a two-star rating for this debut album. I might have been too tough. But I have to be honest. It's also probably because I listened to their better album Encounters so that I expected this album on par excellent with the second album. But, don't get me wrong - this is not a bad album at all. It's just something missing - its probably the smooth connection parts or probably the composition itself is fundamentally weak. That's why, I invite any of you who have differing views with me. I will learn your views and give another chance to see this album. FYI, I have owned this album more than two years with many spins that I have made and it's still in this view. Keep on proGGin' .!!!

Yours progressively,

GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#6657) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 26, 2005

3 stars While this does not compare well with "Artificial Paradise" you can see the humble beginnings of what was to come.

Perhaps this is especially seen in "Seeking Nights" more than on any other song. The vocals and guitar all show promise yet never quite deliver the goods to satisfaction. "Golden Cage" is a nice song with a catchy chorus. "Unconsciously" has a good riff and theatrical vocals, lots of keys too. "Safe" is all about the vocals.

"Those Defiant Ways" contrasts the heavy riffs to the light pastoral sections which feature some dreamy guitar. The title track has lots of tempo and mood shifts, I like it. "Childhood Dreams" features flute, piano and gentle vocals.The final song "A Fairytale Ending" is the longest and a real over the top song, that just doesn't work for me at all.

This is a good but non-essential record.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#100177) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 23, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Sylvan is a good German band. One of my favorite from tis country. Although several German bands have a problem with their vocalist singing in English (but I really can't stand German lyrics, sorry guys), Sylvan does not have this problem.

The opener "Seeking Nights" sounds very symphonic to my ears, stratospheric at times (whatever this might means). Half-way the song will shift to a harder mood. Very repetitive background riff (KC ?) with solid guitar introduces the preparation of the bombastic finale of this long song (over ten minutes).

"Unconsciously" is more on the heavier side. Strong rhythmics and some definite Genesis sounds (late mid-seventies). There several great guitar breaks, which sounds almost Floydian (post Waters era). Music balances between heavy and very melodic. Very pleasant, I must say.

"Safe" is a very nice rock and symphonic ballad. Melody is extremely pleasant. Sounds truely pop rock, but there is nothing wrong with this since it is well performed and very nicely rendered. The chorus is very heartrending.

The next long number is "Those Defiant Ways". It only caches up during some very short intrumental breaks (twenty seconds each). That's a pity because if they would have investigated more into that direction, it would have improved this track an awful lot. As such now, it is only an average song.

My favorite track so far, is without doubt "Deliverance". I guess Sylvan tries to include most of their style in there : great instrumental passages, above par vocals, lots of theme variations : from the most quiet instants with a delicate piano background to the most bombastic once again for the finale. The highlight.

The short "Childhood dreams" is a good interlude. Very light piano play with smooth vocals. Nice in expectation of the epic song of this album : "A Fairytale Ending".

This closing number opens brilliantly with an intro a la ELP for about two minutes. It then turns into an almost pastoral atmosphere during which the story can start to be narrated. The following section is a bit weird I must say.

Vocals switch from narration parts to more standardized vocals (but briefly). I have never liked this combination very much. I can not really enter into this piece. This epic song is just a song honestly played but with no real power nor inspiration. Just over sixteen minutes of music. But lenghty does not mean per se brilliant.

This first album is above average I would say, but still it does not contain sufficient great numbers (some good guitar breaks here and there) to make it memorable. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120001) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 27, 2007

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
4 stars The seeds for SYLVAN's formation were set in 1991 in Hamburg,when three friends decided to form their own rock band.In 1995 they were named SYLVAN after the addition of vocalist Marco Glühmann.They released their junior album ''Deliverance'' in 1999,paying a tribute to all the bands,who have influenced them.''Deliverance'' is an excellent 50/50 mix between neo progressive and symphonic rock,featuring dramatic,expressive vocal lines,superb keyboard work and somewhat heavy electric guitars.Most of the songs are clocking close to 10 min. or longer,so the band can fully develop their ideas.The trully great solos are followed by long synth-led atmospheric breaks and sensitive vocal parts,sung in English.SYLVAN actually managed to create a very personal sound- a unique MARILLION (both eras),PINK FLOYD and GENESIS hybrid - with rich and well-crafted musicianship and for that reason they desrve your attention and congratulations.A highly recommended release!

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#146601) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 23, 2007

4 stars This is a band of influences. The prog is there. Some would say it's Pink Floyd in the present and that's not a bad comparison. The keyboars are all around and the guitars are a good addition. For a debut they go very far in their musical abilities. The singer is very constant and in sync wit ... (read more)

Report this review (#81092) | Posted by Hét LICHAAM | Tuesday, June 13, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Surpirsingly not so much German, neither Krautrock nor Eloy. Rather a good neo progressive band with a great singer (not so strong accent when singing English) and some real neat ideas and melodies. Specially the lengthy last track on the cd about the beautiful tolkien' love story of Beren and Luthr ... (read more)

Report this review (#6656) | Posted by | Wednesday, November 19, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SYLVAN "Deliverance "