MY ELIXIR, MY POISON

Buy MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Th5 (2:12)
2. Anatomies (4:38)
3. Chinese Lantern (4:37)
4. Realization (2:37)

- Tim Croston / guitar, horns, keyboards
- James Matthews / guitar, keyboards
- Oliver Clueit / guitar, bass

CD Truck Records (2003)

Thanks to Jimbo for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA My Elixir, My Poison Music

More places to buy MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA music online Buy MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA My Elixir, My Poison ratings distribution

MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA My Elixir, My Poison reviews

Review by Warthur
4 stars Another excellent collection of deft post-rock playing overlaid with the sensual poetry of Emily Gray. This one is a little easier to find than the debut album Indian Ink, and I think is the better of the two, though at points it really is too close to call. The band split up a while after releasing this one after a series of issues (including a disastrous appearance on local television which ended in acrimony all round, when the band got so frustrated by the technical issues affecting their set they simply stormed off in disgust). But for a brief period of time, Oxford hosted a unique post-rock group who had the potential to rival Mogwai, Godspeed You Black Emperor and Sigur Ros for the crown, had they just stuck it out.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#658736) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3 stars While I was having a look at Prog Archive's list of post-rock/experimental bands, I was distracted by the brilliant name of this band. The name of the band made me want to see what they are really about so I checked their biography. Their excellent written biography can be considered a review ... (read more)

Report this review (#96178) | Posted by sularetal | Sunday, October 29, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MEANWHILE BACK IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA "My Elixir, My Poison"