A WARM GLIMPSE

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Farmakon A Warm Glimpse album cover

Buy FARMAKON Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Loosely Of Amoebas (4:54)
2. My Sanctuary In Solitude (5:06)
3. Mist (4:15)
4. Stretching Into Me (6:13)
5. Same (3:22)
6. Flowgrasp (6:40)
7. Flavoured Numerology (4:53)
8. The Pearl Of My Suffering (6:48)
9. Wallgarden (5:15)

Search FARMAKON A Warm Glimpse lyrics

Search FARMAKON A Warm Glimpse tabs

- Marko Eskola / vocals, bass
- Toni Salminen / guitars
- Lassi Paunonen / guitars
- Riku Airisto / drums

CD Elitist Records

Thanks to Bryan for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

FARMAKON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FARMAKON A Warm Glimpse Music

Warm GlimpseWarm Glimpse
Earache UK 2008

More places to buy FARMAKON music online Buy FARMAKON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FARMAKON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FARMAKON A Warm Glimpse ratings distribution

FARMAKON A Warm Glimpse reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars I started listening to this CD in the car, and thought to myself that here was yet another Death Metal band. But hang on; although the vocals were pure Death, the guitars seemed to be just a little too clean. So when the vocals and music moved into more melodic rock I wasn't too surprised, although I have to confess that I never expected it to move into laid-back lounge. From there the only musical path to take was straight back hard into the heavy stuff. I knew without looking at the CD that this had to have been released by Elitist as they seem to be capturing the market in this style of progressive rock. Many neo-prog fans would shudder at any attempt to describe this music in that way, but this is music that it attempting to cross boundaries (successfully), so surely this really is progressing in the correct sense of the word instead of being regressive?

Farmakon recorded a three song demo in 2001 and then posted it onto www.mp3.com, and were surprised to be contacted by Lee Barrett of Elitist within a few days offering them a deal. Of course, they then had to go off and write some more songs as they only had the three! This is an album that has a lot to offer, from Death to gentle acoustic pieces, but they are played within the same song.

This is an album that is adventurous and compelling, yet can also be hard to listen to just because the music shifts so abruptly. Definitely not for those who follow the mainstream, this album is a delight, and those who want music that can be extremely heavy but is definitely out of the ordinary should seek this out.

Originally appeared in Feedback #76, Oct 2003

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#991949) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 05, 2013

3 stars It's interesting that no Opeth fans have done a review of this album yet. Anyway, to tell the truth, my first listen of this album quite put me off. I didn't like the funk sections and some of the guitar playing sounded undefined, the vocals too experimental at times. Well, on second thought, ... (read more)

Report this review (#122864) | Posted by Metalstrm | Sunday, May 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FARMAKON "A Warm Glimpse"