MY GOALS BEYOND

John McLaughlin

John McLaughlin My Goals Beyond album cover

Buy JOHN MCLAUGHLIN Music
Studio Album, released in 1971

1. Peace One - (7:12) (J.McLaughlin)
2. Peace Two - (12:10) (J.McLaughlin)
3. Goodbye Pork-Pie Hat - (3:15) (C.Mingus)
4. Something Spiritual - (3:28) (D.Herman)
5. Hearts and Flowers - (2:01) (P.D. Bob Cornford)
6. Phillip Lane - (2:35) (J.McLaughlin)
7. Waltz for Bill Evans - (2:01) (C.Corea)
8. Follow Your Heart - (3:15) (J.McLaughlin)
9. Song for My Mother - (2:31) (J.McLaughlin)
10. Blue in Green - (2:37) (M.Davis)

Search JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond lyrics

Billy Cobham - drums
Airto Moreira - percussion
Badal Roy - tablas
Eve McLaughlin (alias Mahalakshmi) - tambura

Recorded in New York City, March 1971.
Produced by John McLaughlin.

1971 LP
CD
(AAD)
Ryko RCD 10051 (US)
Elektra Musician MUSK 52364

Thanks to Aesh for the addition
and to Aesh for the last updates

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond Music

My Goal's BeyondMy Goal's Beyond
DOUGLAS RECORDS 2010
John McLaughlin: My Goal's Beyond (1982 Reissue With John McLaughlin: My Goal's Beyond (1982 Reissue With "Song Of The Wind") (Elektra Musician) [Vinyl LP] [Stereo]
Elektra Musician
Vinyl$299.99
Douglas 9 My Goals BeyondDouglas 9 My Goals Beyond
Douglas
Vinyl$15.99 (used)
McLaughlin, John My Goals Beyond Other Modern JazzMcLaughlin, John My Goals Beyond Other Modern Jazz
Records
my goals beyond LPmy goals beyond LP
ELEKTRA MUSICIAN
Vinyl$10.00 (used)
MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MY GOAL'S BEYOND DOUGLAS 9 LP EX!! 1970 PSYCH USD $7.99 [0 bids]
John McLaughlin My Goals Beyond Sealed 8 Track Tape Rock USD $5.89 Buy It Now 11h 12m
MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MY GOAL'S BEYOND 1970 LP COVER SLEEVE ONLY GATEFOLD USD $1.54 Buy It Now 13h 3m
JOHN McLAUGHLIN - MY GOAL'S BEYOND USD $9.99 [0 bids]
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN and MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA 3 for 1 VINYL LP RECORD my goals beyond USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
John McLaughlin - My Goal's Beyond USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN: My Goals Beyond LP (WLP, reissue, small toc, slight cover wear USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAHAVISHNU / JOHN McLAUGHLIN My Goal's Beyond Orig 1st UK DOUGLAS 1971 + Inner USD $23.33 Buy It Now 3 days
EXC LP~JOHN MCLAUGHLIN~My Goals Beyond~[1976 DOUGLAS Reissue]~Acoustic USD $6.90 Buy It Now 3 days
John McLaughlin MaHavishnu,My goal`s Beyond,douglas 9,kz 30766, USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
CD: MAHVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond USD $13.99 [0 bids]
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin My Goal's Beyond vinyl LP 1971 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
John McLaughlin ?- My Goal's Beyond Elektra Musician ?- E1-60031 Promo USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
My Goal's Beyond [Digipak] by John McLaughlin (CD, Jun-2010, Wienerworld) USD $12.76 Buy It Now 4 days
John McLaughlin My Goals Beyond CD USD $12.84 Buy It Now 5 days
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin ?- My Goal's Beyond LP Netherlands USD $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN - My Goal's Beyond LP (RARE US Pressing on DOUGLAS 9 w/Gatefold) USD $30.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CD: MAHVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MY GOAL'S BEYOND DOUGLAS RECORDS VINYL LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MAHAVISHNU JOHN McLAUGHLIN My Goal's Beyond Douglas 9 Peace One Two Phillip Lane USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
John McLAUGHLIN ~ My Goals Beyond ~ NM 1982 Elektra Musician promo LP USD $4.77 Buy It Now 7 days
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN (JAZ - MY GOAL'S BEYOND [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD USD $11.71 Buy It Now 8 days
John McLaughlin - MY GOALS BEYOND VINYL LP USD $10.88 Buy It Now 9 days
My Goal's Beyond - John Mclaughlin New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $22.91 Buy It Now 9 days
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin My Goal's Beyond KZ-30766 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9 days
John Mclaughlin - My Goal s Beyond ( Cd - 1999 - Mint ) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
John McLaughlin My Goal's Beyond UK vinyl LP album record DGL69014 DOUGLAS USD $45.05 Buy It Now 13 days
MAHAVISHNU JOHN McLAUGHLIN My Goal's Beyond Charlie Haden LP Billy Cobham Airto USD $19.97 Buy It Now 14 days
~JOHN MCLAUGHLIN-My Goals Beyond~ [1976 DOUGLAS Reissue] Acoustic Jazz LP NM/VG+ USD $9.50 Buy It Now 14 days
CASSETTE: JOHN McLAUGHLIN My goals beyond ROCK POP USA USD $8.54 Buy It Now 14 days
John McLaughlin-My Goal's Beyond CD NEW USD $17.29 Buy It Now 19 days
Netherlands Import LP MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond Douglas 64537 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
My Goal's Beyond, John Mclaughlin, New USD $15.75 Buy It Now 20 days
John McLaughlin - My Goal's Beyond - Near Mint (CD, 1999 KnitClassics) USD $26.99 Buy It Now 22 days
MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MY GOAL'S BEYOND KZ 30766 VINYL LP 1971 ORIG PRESS USD $8.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin/My Goal's Beyond/1970 Douglas Gatefold LP USD $34.24 Buy It Now 25 days
JOHN McLAUGHLIN My Goal's Beyond DJ Charlie Haden USD $15.99 Buy It Now 25 days
John McLaughlin "My Goal's Beyond" 1976 Jazz LP, Nice VG++!, Promo, Vinyl USD $13.95 Buy It Now 25 days
MAHAVISHNU / JOHN McLAUGHLIN - My Goal's Beyond LP Vinyl ( KZ 30766 ) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Mclaughlin,John - My Goal's Beyond (CD New) USD $15.63 Buy It Now 26 days
JOHN McLAUGHLIN--MY GOAL's BEYOND--RARE 1982 LP--ELEKTRA MEXICO--DIFFERENT COVER USD $15.00 Buy It Now 26 days
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN - MY GOAL'S BEYOND [CD NEW] USD $14.72 Buy It Now 26 days
John McLaughlin 'My Goal's Beyond" LP USD $4.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin - My Goal's Beyond LP DGL 69014 UK USD $24.88 Buy It Now 27 days
JOHN MCLAUGHLIN - MY GOAL'S BEYOND (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $19.41 Buy It Now 28 days
John Mclaughlin - My Goals Beyond CD USD $18.89 Buy It Now 28 days
MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN my goal's beyond LP Mint- KZ 30766 Vinyl 1971 Record USD $20.00 Buy It Now 28 days
John Mclaughlin: My Goals Beyond 1982 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 29 days
MAHAVISHNU JOHN MCLAUGHLIN MY GOALīS BEYOND UK ORIG LP DOUGLAS REC. 1971 USD $20.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy JOHN MCLAUGHLIN music online Buy JOHN MCLAUGHLIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JOHN MCLAUGHLIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond ratings distribution

JOHN MCLAUGHLIN My Goals Beyond reviews

Review by Atavachron
3 stars Wonderfully rich and melodic session with John, Billy Cobham, Jerry Goodman, Charlie Haden, Airto Moreira and other greats. The music has an unabashed Indian sound but outshines that label beautifully with introspective, moody acoustic psych-jazz that goes between composed and spontaneous. A special recording by a special group of guys at a special time, this is one of McLaughlin's best projects and gets a bit lost in the shuffle but if you crave something that is at once both light and heavy, 'My Goals Beyond' is extremely satisfying.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#95596) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Review by Chris S
3 stars JM again has an incredible back up for the release of My Goals Beyond. It is a good piece of work although I prefer Mahavishnu Orchestra's work. What it does portray is that JM was exploring numerous boundaries both spiritually and musically hence the direction he was taking. " Peace two" obviously the highpoint on the album. the rest of the album has pretty short songs and at times don't deliver enough direction wise.' Song For My Mother' and the Miles Davis ' Blue In Green' are great. Technically this album is flawless as one would expect from John McLaughlin and it is also quite revered by his fan base.Good 3 stars to prove it. There is no question he is a genius at work.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#102879) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Review by oliverstoned
4 stars An underrated world jazzrock masterpiece. "Peace One" and "Peace Two" offer a fusion of Indian rhythms and drones with jazz flights from flutist/soprano saxophonist Dave Liebman. The mood is highly spiritual and ethereal all along the record with a sound richness and an intensity that will be hardly achieved on Mc Laughlin future works. The record features future Mahavishnu Orchestra band mates Billy Cobham and Jerry Goodman. Airto and Badal Roy also come along for the joyful ride. Violinist Goodman, in particular, makes some impressive interventions. An essential record from the mystic jazzrock genre.

Send comments to oliverstoned (BETA) | Report this review (#112074) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars This would McLaughlin's last solo album before the release of Electric Guitarist in 78, as Mc will have two group projects, first the Mahavishnu Orchestra, then Shakti. And this album actually has some ramifications in both projects: MGIB is the album where McLaughlin meets violinist Jerry Goodman and drummer Billy Cobham (both members of MO) and most of the second side shows the tastes McL has for Indian music, something he will delve in with Shakti.

MGIB comes with a stellar cast of supporting musicians, but weirdly enough, he doesn't need them for the whole of the first side, as it is strictly acoustic and a solo performance (some Gong banging on two tracks). A series of 8 guitar pieces, half of which are covers of jazz giants such as Mingus, Corea and Miles interspaced with three original tracks, fill up the first half of the album and no matter how well executed, they are pretty well sleep-inducing, aside in the superb Song For My Mother (and profits for his guru ;-) and the excellent Phillip Lane, both being McLaughlin compositions, filled with fiery guitar lines; the third Follow Your Heart completing the podium.

The flipside is rather different (if you forget the Miles cover), with two lengthy tracks totalling almost 20 minutes, both of them delving into Indian classical music and driven by solid raga beats. The first piece of Peace (I know, toooo easy ;-)) is a killer track slowly evolving from an acoustic fusion jazz, where only Malahakshmi's sitar give an Indian sound at first, but the track slowly morphs into a raga (tabla drums slowly appears), with Liebman's flute adding a magic touch, soon relayed by Goodman's violin. By mid-track, the song had veered into a full-blown raga, but the musicians manage to return to the original acoustic jazz-fusion. The second instalment is almost as equally impressive, Liebman's saxello, Goodman's violins taking the forefront. In both tracks, McL could've added some fiery guitar lines, but chose to remain discreet.

As usual with McL's solo albums, MGIB is a bit of a pot-pourri, but certainly less so here than in later 70's solo ventures. Soon McL would take Cobham and Goodman with him and found one of jazz-rock's most stupendous JR/F groups Mahavishnu Orchestra over the next five years with two different line- ups. While I wouldn't call this album even close to essential, compared to MO's oeuvre, MGIB does merit its fourth star, principally on the strength of McL's compositions, crushing the covers, no matter from whom they are.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#162236) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008

5 stars One of the better McLaughlin albums, this one is all acoustic and has some of his best tracks. Peace One and Peace Two are both every good. His version of Goodbye Porkpie Hat is one of the best I've heard. Also, his original; Follow Your Heart, is a memorable piece. Highly recomenmded, McLaughlin ... (read more)

Report this review (#152118) | Posted by King Crimson776 | Wednesday, November 21, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JOHN MCLAUGHLIN "My Goals Beyond"