DEDICATED TO THE BIRD WE LOVE

Indo-Prog/Raga Rock

Oriental Sunshine Dedicated to the bird we love album cover

Buy ORIENTAL SUNSHINE Music
Studio Album, released in 1969

1. Across Your Life (3:31)
2. Mother Nature (3:02)
3. Look At Me (1:42)
4. Unless (2:51)
5. Land Of Wisdom (1:47)
6. Let It Be My Birth (2:16)
7. Can Anybody Tell (5:58)
8. Visions (2:55)
9. My Way To Be Hurt (3:14)
10. Where You Want (3:00)
11. I'm Going (1:02)

- Espen Rud / drums, percussion

Philips 6317 002

Thanks to Philippe Blache for the addition
and to Eetu Pellonpää for the last updates

ORIENTAL SUNSHINE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ORIENTAL SUNSHINE Dedicated to the bird we love Music

Dedicated to the Bird We LoveDedicated to the Bird We Love
Sunbeam Records 2006

More places to buy ORIENTAL SUNSHINE music online Buy ORIENTAL SUNSHINE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ORIENTAL SUNSHINE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ORIENTAL SUNSHINE Dedicated to the bird we love ratings distribution

ORIENTAL SUNSHINE Dedicated to the bird we love reviews

Review by Kazuhiro
4 stars There might already exactly have been an element of a reflection of the age and various music if it thought about their music characters. Their music characters are guessed to have developed it with a purpose with the part derived from the influence of the genre of Music whom each member had absorbed.

There might exactly have been a flow of Acid Folk and psychedelic as a main current at time when this album was announced. They are recognized as a band that debuts from Norway. However, the music character that they are absorbed and developed. It is not simple Acid Folk.

They might have been absorbing various music since student's time. And, the music character at which they should aim might reflect some purpose and the age though this album was only left for Philips.

Existence of the musician to whom name rose by the member's remark. The existence of The Beatles, Ravi Shankar, and Joni Mitchell is spread enough to their countries. It might appear remarkably in this album. Part of good Acid Folk. And, the music character round which a pastoral melody and Raga Rock that flows overall twine and directionality. "PPM meets Ravi Shankar" This description is often used to introduce them. However, their music characters give the construction of a part calculated very much and a good melody.

The music character that Rune Walle that took charge of Nina Johansen, Sitar, and the guitar that takes charge of the song and the guitar cultivated might be remarkably reflected in the content of this album. And, the existence of Satnum Singh from India might be important for this band. The flow that not simple Acid Folk but various musical instruments and ideas are projected is united well as a flavor of Acid Folk/Raga Rock. It listens to diversity from the tune to introduce the organ and bamboo flute well.

Rune Walle that took charge of Sitar shifted to the band that was called Hole after this band. And, it shifts to the group that is called Folque further. The market of Acid Folk of Norway of this time is always supported. I feel the album of this Oriental Sunshine block various elements well overall. Good uniting as part and Folk/Raga Rock that puts out performance in band forward. Or, the construction of a pastoral melody and the tune that drifts in the whole appears well.

Send comments to Kazuhiro (BETA) | Report this review (#285950) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 11, 2010

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
5 stars This really euphoric record floats gently downstream, shimmering colors of ever loving mandala of esoteric truth. Sarnam Singh's sitar weeps enhance the mystic adoration qualities, and singer Nina Johansen has very clear pronunciation in addition of beautiful tone, revealing the pleasant, thoughtful and religious lyrics.

The album is opened wonderfully; Hippie anthem "Across Your Life" sets the tone of whole record very elegantly, representing the melodic and atmospheric charms of the record. The use of audio effects deepening the meanings of the words enhances the trippy depth of the mellow dreamy drifting on lovely oceans of psychedelia crashing to the banks of ears from the stereo speakers.

The record's tonal poems also prove the successful comprehensive fusion of Indian classical raga elements and West-European acid folk sounds. The joyful flute bongs naturally to both of these musical worlds, and thus functioning as integrating catalyst in addition of being a beautiful melodic instrument. For example on Magic Carpet's lovely album this confluence was left in my opinion to more distracted state, offering good glimpses to both worlds but not melting them as same singular incarnation. I believe an example of a mixture leaning yet deeper to Indian raga origins than Oriental Sunshine would then be the very recommendable recordings of Ravi Shankar and John McLaughlin driven group Shakti.

The songs of this record are not very long, durations oscillating around three minutes, but the pretty melodic compositions do not essentially yearn for longer improvisations. Instead here the licks of the sitar caress the songs throughoutly along the guitar and vocal driven song bodies, mystifying them with tempting shades of sensuality. The song quality on the release is also in my opinion exceptionally fine, the spiritually healing record not containing weak fillers. My own most favored tunes among the opener could be the tender pieces "Visions" and "Mother Nature". I would really recommend this dedication to the bird we all love for all those lost in the ozone and scents of thyme, carrying the confidence of 1960's flower power's conquering loving ways inside their hearts.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#860205) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 16, 2012

Post a review of ORIENTAL SUNSHINE "Dedicated to the bird we love"