ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
SANTANA Sacred Fire POLP-1020 LD AB8246 US $9.99 [0 bids]
30m 16s
SANTANA "NM DISC" Viva Santana ! 42LP115 OBI LD V2770 US $9.99 [0 bids]
37m 39s
SANTANA - MOONFLOWER (BLACK MAGIC WOMAN,EUROPA,BAHIA,GYPSY QUEEN) 180 GRAM 2-LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 40m 24s
Forever Gold [Best of] [Audio CD] Santana US $8.29 Buy It Now 40m 31s
SANTANA, Hold On-Oxun(Oshun), 45 col 18-03160 1982 VG+, VG US $5.99 [0 bids]
41m 50s
Santana Abraxas 1970 Columbia vinyl Black Magic Woman Samba Pa Ti Oye Como Va US $9.95 [0 bids]
43m 15s
CARLOS SANTANA AND BUDDY MILES Live! Columbia KC 31308 VG++ IN SHRINK W/ STICKER US $12.99 Buy It Now 45m 11s
LOT 4 LPs~SANTANA~Abraxas~Moonflower~Zebop~Self-Titled US $9.99 [2 bids]
45m 56s
Carlos Santana Havana Moon 8 Track Tape TESTED 1983 US $25.00 Buy It Now 50m 10s
SANTANA SHAMAN CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 58m 33s
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 2m
SANTANA Caravanserai 25AP817 LP AC5421 US $4.99 [1 bids]
SANTANA "NM WAX" Amigos 25AP827 OBI LP AC2506 US $4.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA, Oye, Como Va-Samba Para Ti 45 Col 4-45330 '1960' NM, NEW US $6.99 [0 bids]
Lot of (3) SANTANA LPs abraxas BORBOLETTA III 3 psychedelic funk fusion jam band US $9.00 [4 bids]
SANTANA, Nowhere To Run-Nueva York, 45 col 38-03376 1982 VG+ NEW US $5.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA LOTUS 3CD Limited Edition Japan MHCP-1002-4 US $129.00 [0 bids]
Dueling Rock: Santana \ Ike & Tina Turner (CD, Jul-2000, 2 Discs, Direct Source) US $2.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Radio Show: MODERN ROCK 2/9/03 HOOBASGTANK, EVANESCENCE, CHEVELLE, SANTANA,CREED US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA - SUPERNATURAL - NEW CD US $11.73 Buy It Now 1h 36m
SANTANA SUPERNATURAL CD AWARD WINNING BRAND NEW SEALED MANY DUETS ON CD *look* US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Santana 45 rpm "Evil Ways" on Columbia Records US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
SANTANA ABRAXAS 1st Pressing WITH POSTER EXCELLENT/EXCELLENT LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA WELCOME VINYL LP RECORD US $3.60 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Santana Abraxas Album Record Vinyl Album LP Sticker on front Columbia US $4.95 [0 bids]
Santana-Legacy Edition - Santana US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
SUPER ROCK BALLADS (CD 1994) Meat Loaf Santana Toto Journey Boston Heart Kansas+ US $22.95 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Tropical Spirits: Parts One and Two - Santana (CD, Feb-2000) 2 Discs US $1.48 Buy It Now 2h
SANTANA LP AMIGOS PC 33576 / 1976 US $2.99 [1 bids]
Santana ex GF LP same self title US $5.00 [0 bids]
Santana Selections From CD 1999 Dave Matthews Everlast US $0.99 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Santana Supernatural 12" Double LP US $157.50 [3 bids]
SANTANA - Evil Ways / Waiting - SEALED 1970 Columbia Records 45 US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
HILLE PERL, LEE SANTANA - MARIN MARAIS, POUR LA VIOLLE ET LE THEORBE US $16.49 [0 bids]
Santana "Inter Secrets" (Near Mint) US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Santana "Amigos" (Near Mint) US $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Santana "Festival" (Near Mint) US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Santana Best Of Rare Australian Print CD - Like New US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
(689U) Santana, Game of Love - DJ CD US $4.19 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Shaman [Import Bonus Track] by Santana (CD, Oct-2002, Arista) US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Santana CD US $3.05 [0 bids]
Santana , Audio CD, Ceremony - Remixes & Rarities US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
(CARLOS) SANTANA "SUPERNATURAL" (LOVE OF MY LIFE FEATURING DAVE MATTHEWS) - CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
vintage Carlos Santana 'Greatest Hits' (Columbia, Vinyl, LP) record US $2.95 [0 bids]
SANTANA Santana s/t Self Titled 2CD NEW Legacy Edition Digipak US $17.68 Buy It Now 3h 52m
SANTANA Westwood One Superstar Concert Series LIVE 2 CD SET 1992 Rare US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
SANTANA ~ SPIRITS DANCING IN THE FLESH ~ RARE FIRST GLOBAL RELEASE ~ CSCS 5227 US $44.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
SACD catalog Bernstein Lauper Santana Journey Joel Jackson Footloose Meat Boston US $29.99 [0 bids]
Jin-Go-Lo-Ba by Santana (CD, Jul-1995, Prime Cuts) US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
CARLOS SANTANA (CD) "DIVINE LIGHT" 2001 SONY MUSIC US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
SANTANA THE BALLADE 1991 JAPAN CD 2300yen 1ST PRESS US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Viva Santana! [Columbia/Sony] by Santana (CD, Oct-1988, 2 Discs, Columbia (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Santana - Selections from Supernatural RARE 5-track advance CD! US $52.00 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Santana 45 Black Magic Woman/Hope You're Feeling Better Columbia Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Records Lot 15 Featuring Bob Dylan, The Doors, Santana, Woodstock US $50.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA VIVA SANTANA DOUBLE CASSETTE OOP US $9.00 [0 bids]
Carlos Santana **GUITAR TABS Lesson Software CD ( 70 Songs ) US $6.85 [0 bids]
NARADA MICHAEL WALDEN Awakening LP NM! 1979 Santana US $11.24 Buy It Now 5h 26m
SANTANA -Maria Maria (PROMO ) FEATURING PRODUCT G&B US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 30m
2014 SANTANA Corazon JAPAN CD WITH BONUS TRACKS US $29.80 Buy It Now 6h 12m
Santana - Supernatural CD NEW! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Santana Jingo Japan Promo Label Vinyl 7 inch Single 7"Carlos US $119.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
CD: LIVE AT FILLMORE 1968 - SANTANA - New and Sealed US $32.20 Buy It Now 6h 46m
TOM COSTER (SANTANA) -"From The Street" CD 1996 1st US PROMO + BIO JVC No UPC US $22.88 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Santana feat Rob Thomas - Smooth 3 Track CD Single US $6.52 Buy It Now 7h 40m
CD: SANTANA (1ST ALBUM) (RMST) - SANTANA - New and Sealed US $14.66 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Carlos Santana-watch your step.7" promo US $8.56 Buy It Now 7h 56m
WOODSTOCK JIMI HENDRIX THE WHO OZ DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE! JOAN BAEZ SANTANA US $28.15 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Santana Corazón [Digipak] CD 2014 RCA * NEW * STILL SEALED * US $3.99 [0 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS COVER(KOREA LP 12")GO GO PARTY V/A DEEP PURPLE/SANTANA US $13.49 Buy It Now 8h 31m
NEW SANTANA ROD STEWART TOUR DATES 2014 DESIGN BLACK SHIRT ALL SIZE PD US $21.48 [0 bids]
WOODSTOCK 40 2CD NEW Richie Havens Joan Baez Jimi Hendrix Santana Joe Cocker Who US $17.68 Buy It Now 8h 38m
SANTANA AS THE YEARS GO BY 5 TRACK EP CD - NEW US $12.67 Buy It Now 9h 3m
SANTANA Santana UK gatefold sleeve LP 1970 A1/B1 ex/ex US $17.09 Buy It Now 9h 17m
CARLOS SANTANA MAHAVISHNU JOHN McLAUGHLIN LOVE DEVOTION SURRENDER JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
SANTANA THE EARLY RECORDINGS ,Greek promo cd digipack US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 23m
SANTANA SELF TITLED 12 TRACK CD - EXCELLENT US $9.38 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Santana US $7.54 Buy It Now 10h
CARLOS SANTANA THE SWING OF DELIGHT NM MINT- 2LP JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
CARLOS SANTANA ONENESS NM MINT JAPAN OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
SANTANA MOONFLOWER JAPAN OBI 2LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 8m
There It Go (The Whistle Song) [Single] [12 inch Vinyl by Juelz Santana DIPSET US $0.01 [0 bids]
JUELZ SANTANA MIC CHECK DEFJAM DIPSET CAMRON JIM JONES US $0.01 [0 bids]
JUELZ SANTANA MIC CHECK DEFJAM DIPSET CAMRON US $0.01 [0 bids]
Down/Now What Feat. T.I [Single] [12 inch Vinyl Disc] by Juelz Santana (Vinyl, US $0.01 [0 bids]
SANTANA 'CORAZON' Limited Edition CD & DVD DELUXE EDITION (2014) US $23.94 Buy It Now 10h 49m
CD Album Santana - Jam US $4.07 Buy It Now 10h 52m
DJ SANTANA - Chicano Life Underworld 805 Mix - Japan CD - NEW Arduz Don-P US $22.99 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Santana Self-Titled 1969 1st 2 eye Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! Poster US $17.60 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Carlos Santana Shaman Arista 2002 CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - X2: SANTANA / SANTANA III NEW CD US $19.77 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Santana The Best Instrumentals CD 4868632 US $9.75 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Santana - All That I Am (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.32 Buy It Now 12h
SANTANA`S "GREATEST HITS" LP "Black Magic Woman" Vinyl VG+ Condition US $9.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA gypsy woman 12" 4 track b/w black magic woman,oye como va live and she's US $12.35 Buy It Now 12h 16m
SANTANA BLACK MAGIC WOMAN - OYE COMO VA CD PROMOTIONAL ROCK IN RIO BRAZIL 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
CARLOS SANTANA 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/5168 US $34.22 Buy It Now 12h 51m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"