ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
Santana 3Santana 3
Sbme Special Mkts. 1998
Santana-let it shine.7" promo US $9.73 Buy It Now 33m 5s
CD Album. SANTANA LIVE IN CONCERT. US $9.92 Buy It Now 42m 22s
10 VINTAGE 8 track tapes,JOHN DENVER,JIMMY SWAGGART,SANTANA,CARPENTERS AND MORE US $10.00 [0 bids]
45m 10s
Santana-searchin.7" demo american. US $9.73 Buy It Now 45m 56s
Santana Moonflowe Limited EDition 180g Audiophile 2LP US $56.75 Buy It Now 51m 25s
SANTANA FESTIVAL LP 808 US $8.99 Buy It Now 57m 39s
Santana-praise.7" demo american. US $12.97 Buy It Now 59m 59s
SANTANA - Supernatural [Legacy Edition] 2CD Feb-2010, Arista BRAND NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
SANTANA '2006' T.SHIRT US $24.31 Buy It Now 1h 49m
SANTANA EP PS Japan OST SOUL TO SOUL Black Magic Woman r5577 US $15.80 Buy It Now 2h 15m
SANTANA - ULTIMATE SANTANA - CD - NEW - US $15.23 Buy It Now 2h 18m
SANTANA - CARNAVAL - THE BEST OF SANTANA - on 2 CD'S - NEW US $15.23 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Santana ~ Black Magic Woman ~ Hope You're feeling Better/ Japan 7" US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Neal Schon & Jan Hammer ~ Here to Stay/ Japan LP/ OBI Picture Sheet Santana US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Santana ?- Zebop! LP US $6.90 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Santana ?- Inner Secrets LP US $6.13 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Santana. Caravanserai LP. CBS 65299. 1972. VG+ US $3.23 [0 bids]
Santana ?- Santana LP, Angolan? DAS 2114 US $9.20 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Santana - Original Album Classics CD LEGACY US $24.22 Buy It Now 3h 21m
SANTANA'S Greatest Hits 1974 LP on USA 1990 Columbia CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Santana - Caravanserai CD NEW US $11.63 Buy It Now 3h 49m
Santana - Swing Of Delight/30th Anniversary Edition CD US $16.83 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Santana - Zebop!/30th Anniversary Edition CD US $16.83 Buy It Now 4h 2m
SANTANA ( INNER SECRETS ) 1978 ISSUED VG+ LP US $1.79 [0 bids]
* Original PRESSING** 1971 Santana "Santana III" Vinyl LP Gatefold Columbia RARE US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Santana's Greatest Hits LP. CBS 32386. Exc. US $3.23 [0 bids]
SANTANA Essential/Best of 2x CD Ex Cond. US $7.22 Buy It Now 4h 47m
SANTANA rare PROMO single CD NOTHING AT ALL feat. musiq + INSTRUMENTAL US $8.99 [0 bids]
(EM838) Tasha Kenny, Oh! What You Did ft Juelz Santana - 2010 DJ CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Devadip Oneness Silver Dreams Golden Reality PROMO Vinyl LP 1979 Carlos Santana US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
DJ CAK / INFINITY VOL.01 - Japan CD - NEW JAY-Z ft UGK JUELZ SANTANA JIM JONES US $18.04 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Santana 45 When I Look Into Your Eyes / Samba de Sausalito w/ts US $2.50 Buy It Now 5h 20m
SANTANA - PUT YOUR LIGHTS ON (3 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF D4) US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 21m
SANTANA FEAT. ROB THOMAS - SMOOTH (3 TRK CD SINGLE) (REF D4) US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 21m
SANTANA STAR BOX 1993 JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen 1ST PRESS US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Santana Supernatural CD AND 1997 Concert Ticket Lot US $6.99 [0 bids]
Santana - Supernatural (1999) US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 26m
SANTANA~MARTHON [Made by CBS/SONY HONG KONG] 1979 US $5.68 [0 bids]
JUELZ SANTANA - "Oh Yes" and "Shottas" ....12" Vinyl LP US $11.34 Buy It Now 5h 33m
retro magazine advert 1982 SANTANA shango album US $8.09 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Spirits Dancing in the Flesh by Santana (CD, 2007, Sony Music Distribution... US $3.33 Buy It Now 5h 36m
SANTANA greatest hits 69081 A1/B1 1st uk cbs 1974 LP PS EX/EX with inner sleeve US $14.58 Buy It Now 5h 37m
SANTANA marathon 86098 A1/B1 1st pressing uk cbs 1979 LP PS EX/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 5h 38m
SANTANA milagro 513 197-1 dutch polydor 1992 LP PS VG+/EX open shrinkwrap US $36.42 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Santana / McLaughlin - Love Devotion Surrender LP- Quad Columbia CQ 32034 US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 42m
SANTANA SUPERNATURAL CD-45 US $6.50 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Clyde Criner - Behind The Sun W/ Santana (Novus) Lp US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Narada Michael Walden Garden of Love Light US CD NEW 2001 Santana Jeff Beck Gibb US $75.00 Buy It Now 6h
SANTANA Corazon CD + DVD 2014 NEW US $22.62 Buy It Now 6h 19m
santana inner secrets 1978 uk cbs label vinyl lp s cbs 86075 excellent US $8.11 Buy It Now 6h 25m
JAPANESE PROMOTIONAL FLYER - FOR - SANTANA US $6.47 Buy It Now 6h 28m
SANTANA. 10 MUSIC TRACKS ON CD US $4.87 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Santana 45 RPM Record-Winning US $1.00 [0 bids]
Santana 45 RPM Record-Hold On US $1.00 [0 bids]
Carlos Santana_MAGAZINE CLIPPINGS CUTTINGS_ships from AUSTRALIA_S5 US $9.92 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Jam by Santana MINT CANADA CD, 1994, RETRO MUSIC SLD13482) US $7.98 Buy It Now 6h 51m
SANTANA Moonflower Double CD NEW & SEALED US $13.70 Buy It Now 6h 52m
SANTANA CORAZON - LIVE FROM MEXICO(8TH SEP) CD/DVD ALBUM SET NEW/MINT US $21.07 Buy It Now 6h 55m
All That I AM Santana E452346 Very Good Audio CD US $3.82 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Sacred Fire: Santana Live in South America by Santana (CD, Nov-1993, Polydor) US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Multi-Dimensional Warrior, Santana, New Import US $17.40 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Santana - Santana Vinyl Record Vintage 1971 US $3.23 [0 bids]
CAM'RON OH BOY ft JULES SANTANA - RARE 4 TRACK CD SINGLE INC VIDEO - EXPLICIT US $3.15 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Rod Stewart Carlos Santana tour excellent black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Santana Abraxas 1970 Gatefold KC 30130 Columbia Vinyl Record LP US $12.34 Buy It Now 7h 38m
SANTANA The Third Album LP US $11.35 Buy It Now 7h 43m
SANTANA Moonflower DBL LP US $11.35 Buy It Now 7h 44m
The Best of Santana [Columbia] by Santana (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia/Legacy) US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
SANTANA - GREATEST HITS, Best of, Evil Ways, Black Magic Woman,Oye Como Va US $3.50 [0 bids]
best of 70s SUPERGROUPS boston ELO stx SANTANA kinks 3 DOG NIGHT sugarloaf TAPE US $5.88 [0 bids]
Santana/Al Green/Buddy Guy Concert Ticket Stub 12/31/1994 Oakland Coliseum CA US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Santana Festival Tested 8 Track US $9.95 [0 bids]
SANTANA CARAVANSERAI JAPAN OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA SHANGO JAPAN OBI US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h
CARLOS SANTANA HAVANA MOON NM MINT- TOP CLEAN COPY IN SHRINK JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 8h
SEALED SANTANA BEYOND APPEARANCES JAPAN OBI US $99.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA INNER SECRETS NM MINT- TOP CLEAN JAPAN OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA INNER SECRETS JAPAN OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA WELCOME JAPAN CAP OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA SHANGO JAPAN OBI 25AP 2382 US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA S/T SAME JAPAN OBI NM MINT- TOP CLEAN US $59.99 Buy It Now 8h
CARLOS SANTANA BUDDY MILES LIVE JAPAN CAP OBI US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA BEYOND APPEARANCES JAPAN OBI NM MINT- US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h
Santana Concert Ticket Stub 8/20/1994 Shoreline Amphitheatre CA US $4.95 Buy It Now 8h
Santana "Abraxas" Vinyl Record Album. Mint New Factory Sealed. Columbia PC30130 US $69.00 [0 bids]
8h
Santana - S. Francisco March 22 1970 - LP Red Vinyl - Amazing Kornyfone Records US $179.99 [0 bids]
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA GREATEST HITS LIVE CD 1994 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Santana Concert Ticket Stub 7/17/1992 @ Merriweather Baltimore Maryland US $4.95 Buy It Now 8h 10m
CARLOS SANTANA/BUDDY MILES LIVE QUADRAPHONIC JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
KANSAS-BOSTON-JOPLIN-BLUE OYSTER CULT-SANTANA-ROCK HISTORY CD GREEK COLLECTION US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
CALIFORNIA JAM 2 Aerosmith Heart Santana Dave Mason LP Record Album US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Santana Concert Ticket Stub 7/1/1987 Canandaiqua New York US $4.95 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Santana Featuring Everlast ?- Put Your Lights On CD PROMO 3 TRACKS SINGLE 2000 US $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
SANTANA ABRAXAS QUADRAPHON?IC w/huge poster JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Jeff Beck/Santana Concert Ticket Stub 8/1/1995 Filene Center Virginia US $5.95 Buy It Now 8h 20m
SANTANA - Platinum Disc- SUPERNATURAL US $141.90 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Santana - Abraxas (Limited Edition) [ SACD ALBUM ] ( CD 2002) US $81.07 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Jeff Beck/Santana Concert Ticket Stub 9/17/1995 Shorline Amphitheatre CA US $5.95 Buy It Now 8h 27m
santana lp abraxis w/poster kc 30130 vg+/vg++ US $13.49 Buy It Now 8h 40m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"