ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Zebop! (30th Anniversary Edition / Remastered)Zebop! (30th Anniversary Edition / Remastered)
Remastered
Friday Music 2011
Marathon & ZebopMarathon & Zebop
Columbia 2005
Santana Zebop! LP NM 1 owner lyrics Columbia FC 37158 Pics USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
SANTANA -- Zebop! -- 1981 LP release USD $4.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA ZEBOP PAPER LABELS CASSETTE TAPE USD $19.83 Buy It Now 12h 27m
SANTANA LP Zebop 1981 Columbia USD $3.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA Cassettes x4 Moonflower (1977) Zebop (1981) Shango (1982) Greatest Hits USD $6.36 [0 bids]
USD $9.54 Buy It Now
[LP] Santana, Zebop! (CBS) CBS 84946 USD $7.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Santana-Vinyl LP-Zebop!-CBS-84946-41-1981-VG/VG+ USD $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
SANTANA - ZEBOP! - VINYL LP RECORD - VERY GOOD CONDITION USD $8.73 Buy It Now 2 days
SANTANA 3 CD LOT.... MILAGRO, ZEBOP, SPIRITS DANCING IN THE FLESH USD $9.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA LP Zebop! COLUMBIA 37158 DJ PRESS Winning CARLOS USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Santana "Zebop!"LP USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SANTANA ZEBOP HALF SPEED MASTER VINYL ALBUM LP !!! WOW!!! AWESOME SOUND USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SANTANA LP ZEBOP! COLUMBIA 37158 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SANTANA ZEBOP! 1981 CBS MASTERSOUND HC 47158 HALF SPEED MASTER NM VINYL LOVELY! USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Santana Zebop! 8 Track Tape SEALED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Santana CD, Zebop, Original Columbia, First Pressing, Winning, Carlos USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Santana-Zebop Cassette USD $6.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Santana Sensitive Kind 12" Promo Single 45RPM with Live Version Zebop JJ Cale USD $9.99 [0 bids]
LP Santana - Zebop! 1981 Holland press EX/EX Club edition USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Santana Zebop! UK vinyl LP album record CBS84946 CBS 1981 USD $17.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Santana Zebop! 8 Track Tape TESTED USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Santana-Zebop-Columbia FC 37158 Lp USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SANTANA ZEBOP / JAPAN WITH OBI USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SANTANA Zebop! LP Columbia Mastersound HBL 47158 Half-Speed Audiophile NM USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SANTANA Zebop 1979 Columbia Stereo FC 37158 MN 2G/2N USD $25.00 [0 bids]
USD $35.00 Buy It Now
SANTANA "ZEBOP" 2010 MINI-LP CD (JAPAN), CARLOS; "WINNING" USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Carlos Santana ZEBOP Columbia LP 1981 Latin Rock Produced by Bill Graham USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SANTANA ZEBOP! ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 602 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Santana LP 1981 Zebop VG ++ original FC 37158 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Carlos Santana CD Zebop 30th Anniversary Edition USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Santana Vinyl LP Columbia Records,1981, FC-37158, Zebop! ~ Near Mint- ! USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CARLOS SANTANA ZEBOP ZEBOP! ORIGINAL RECORD ALBUM LP USD $4.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA ZEBOP VINYL LP AUSTRALIA issue SBP 237613 carlos santana USD $12.71 Buy It Now 6 days
Santana: Zebop! LP VG++ Canada Columbia FC 37158 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Santana Zebop 1981 Columbia Records Vynal USD $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA ZEBOP! ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 684 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Santana - Original Album Classics - Inner Secrets, Marathon, Zebop! (NEW 5 x CD) USD $23.65 Buy It Now 6 days
SANTANA "ZEBOP" LP VINYL USD $4.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA ZEBOP! FC 37158 VINYL LP 1981 SHRINK ORIG PRESS GREAT CONDITION! VG+!! USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SANTANA ZEBOP LP ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE 708 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SANTANA ZEBOP RARE ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV.1ST PRESS SUZY RRECORDS 1981 EX/VG+ USD $14.00 Buy It Now 6 days
SANTANA zebop! PROMO EMPTY BOX Japan mini lp cd USD $45.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA LP LOT "SANTANA 3" "BORBOLETTA" "AMIGOS" "ZEBOP (HALF-SPEED MASTER)" USD $15.00 [0 bids]
1981 Santana Zebop!-LP-Columbia Records-Carlos Santana USD $10.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Original Pressing* Rare*1981 Santana "Zebop" Factory SEALED Shrink Vinyl LP ** USD $21.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SANTANA Zebop! LP nMINT UK 1st Press A1/B1 1981 CBS w/ Inner Sleeve USD $15.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Santana Zebop! LP Record Album Very Good USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SANTANA ZEBOP LP 585 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Santana ZEBOP 1981 12" Vinyl 33 LP - Winning - American Gypsy COLUMBIA ROCK VG+ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
SANTANA ---9 ALBUMS---ABRAXIX+ LIVE WITH BUDDY MILES+ ZEBOP+ SHANGO+ FESTIVAL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Santana Zebop vinyl LP Half Speed Mastered original inner sheet Columbia USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SANTANA ZEBOP ISRAELI PRESS LP lyrics sheet USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SANTANA - ZEBOP - COLUMBIA RECORDS LP -1981 VINTAGE VINYL USD $7.49 Buy It Now 9 days
ZEBOP/30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION BY SANTANA (CD) USD $20.41 Buy It Now 9 days
SANTANA Japan 1981 NM LP+Obi ZEBOP! 25AP-2020 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Santana - Zebop! LP Vinyl Record Album FC 37158 USD $8.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Zebop! [Digipak] by Santana (CD, Jan-2011, Friday Music) USD $10.41 Buy It Now 9 days
SANTANA ORIG 1981 ZEBOP HONG KONG SONY 12' LP EX/EX NO BAR CODE// USD $28.00 Buy It Now 9 days
SANTANA ZEBOP LP 1981 WITH INNER SLEEVE UK USD $21.04 Buy It Now 9 days
SANTANA - ZEBOP! [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD USD $10.56 Buy It Now 9 days
SANTANA Zebop! vinyl LP record Columbia FC-37158 USD $4.50 Buy It Now 10 days
SANTANA Zebop ! SICP-2877 JAPAN Mini LP CD w/obi rare used music Carlos USD $22.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SANTANA Zebop! ARMANDO PEREZA Sony Records Japan SEALED VINYL LP USD $16.00 Buy It Now 10 days
CARLOS SANTANA - ZEBOP - COLUMBIA RECORDS LP USD $6.50 Buy It Now 10 days
EX/EX- !! Santana/Zebop!/1981 CBS LP USD $7.50 Buy It Now 10 days
SANTANA LP- ZEBOP! -W/"WINNING", "SEARCHIN'", "CHANGES" - FREE DOMESTIC S USD $5.95 Buy It Now 10 days
SANTANA zebop 84946 A1/B1 1st press uk cbs 1981 with inner sleeve LP PS EX/EX- USD $18.02 Buy It Now 10 days
Santana in shrink LP Zebop USD $9.75 Buy It Now 10 days
SANTANA ZEBOP ORIGINAL 1981 LP STILL SEALED WITH HYPE STICKER AND PRICE TAG USD $49.00 Buy It Now 11 days
SANTANA Zebop! - VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! USD $29.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Santana - Zebop (1981) LP USD $5.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SANTANA-ZEBOP! rock vinyl LP USD $5.98 Buy It Now 11 days
SANTANA Zebop! LP 1981 Columbia NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Carlos Santana Zebop! LP sealed 180 gm vinyl Friday Music RE reissue USD $32.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Santana - Zebop [Vinyl New] USD $33.40 Buy It Now 12 days
Zebop - Santana (2014, Vinyl New) USD $31.83 Buy It Now 12 days
SANTANA ZEBOP! 1981 COLUMBIA LP / RECORD EX USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Santana - Zebop! 1981 Columbia vinyl USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Santana- Zebop! Master Sound - Rock LP USD $69.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Santana ZEBOP! 11th Album 180g GATEFOLD New Sealed FRIDAY MUSIC Vinyl LP USD $28.99 Buy It Now 12 days
SANTANA Zebop! LP EX-/VG+ Columbia 1981 USD $8.39 Buy It Now 13 days
SANTANA - Zebop! / Album Cassette Tape / CBS Records 1981 / 696 USD $7.50 Buy It Now 13 days
SANTANA ZEBOP CD USD $10.49 Buy It Now 13 days
SANTANA Zebop! 1981 CLASSIC LATIN ROCK Original LP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days
SANTANA - ZEBOP! [REMASTER] - NEW CD USD $7.32 Buy It Now 14 days
Santana-zebop!-lp-columbia-37158 rock USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SANTANA LP RECORD, ZEBOP USD $8.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Santana - Zebop! Vinyl LP - Columbia FC 37158 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 14 days
SANTANA ( Zebop ) VG++ Plus 1981 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
SANTANA Zebop LP NM- PROMO W/ Inner Sleeve USD $12.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Latin Jazz Rock Pop Fusion LP DEVADIP CARLOS SANTANA Zebop! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Santana Original Album Classics 5 CD new Inner Secrets Marathon Zebop! Shango USD $22.49 Buy It Now 15 days
SANTANA - Zebop! 1981 LP Rare Israeli press with lyrics USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Santana - Zebop! lp FC37158 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
CD mother earth ~ USD $9.42
CD rynearson stadium 1975 ~ USD $8.11
LP santana ~ USD $20.30
LP shape shifter ~ USD $24.24

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"