ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
SantanaSantana
Remastered
SupernaturalSupernatural
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 1999
Santana - Amigos [LP] (180 Gram Audiophile Viny, Limited Anniv) 2014/ US SELLER US $28.50 Buy It Now 30m 59s
Santana's Greatest Hits, LP Vinyl, Columbia Records, 1974 US $15.00 [0 bids]
36m 23s
1 CENT CD Evolution of the Groove - Miles Davis nas, carlos santana US $0.01 [1 bids]
37m 38s
PROMO CD JOHNNY CASH Santana MILES DAVIS Billy Joel 04 US $24.99 Buy It Now 37m 50s
Santana & Buddy Miles Live ORIG GATEFOLD psych funk ABSOLUTELY KILLER +INSERT US $8.00 [0 bids]
43m 20s
Santana -Lotus [3LP] (180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, Anniversary Limit Edition) 2013 US $44.65 Buy It Now 43m 32s
Santana Lotus Limited 180gram Vinyl 3LP Set US $82.89 Buy It Now 54m 17s
Carlos Santana: Maximum Unauthorised Biography CD 2000 UK Import with Poster NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 58m 2s
rare CD salsa JORGE SANTANA Boogaloo DESCARGA mambo OYE MAMA cafe PANA nena US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Santana - Live At The Bottom Line 1978 CD New US $19.88 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Lot of 4 Rock And Roll CD's featuring REM, Neil Young, Santana, and Huey Lewis US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD Santana "Smooth" feat. Rob Thomas 1999 MAXI SINGLE INDUSTRY PROMO DIGIPAK US $0.99 [0 bids]
Santana, Santana 3 Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles - LIVE 12" Lp 1972 US $26.53 Buy It Now 1h 28m
6 Album Lot - Billy Joel, Hall & Oates, Santana, Boz Scaggs US $20.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA - SUPERNATURAL [SANTANA] [078221908023] - NEW CD US $4.89 Buy It Now 1h 35m
SANTANA HITS COLLECTION SEALED CD NEW US $2.34 Buy It Now 1h 36m
CARLOS SANTANA MAHAVISHNU JOHN McLAUGHLIN Love Devotion '73 Surrender TAIWAN VG+ US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
SANTANA SOUL SACRIFICE SEALED CD NEW US $2.34 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Early Classics by Santana (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs, Park South Records) US $3.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA ABRAXAS VINYL LP 1970 ORIGINAL GATE FOLD WITH POSTER US $2.99 [1 bids]
Santana s/t GATEFOLD psych SIMPLY AWESOME US $8.00 [0 bids]
Santana Marathon SHRINK +LYRIC INNER SLEEVE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Santana Inner Secrets +PIC INNER SLEEVE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Santana Festival +ORIG INNER PIC SLEEVE US $8.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA "Welcome" - UK 1st PRESS - Gatefold/Orig. Inner Sleeve/A1/B1 Matrix MINT US $4.99 [0 bids]
lot of 3 Santana cds used US $4.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA "Abraxas" - UK 1st PRESS - A2/B2 Matrix - EXCELLENT COPY! US $4.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA INNER SECRETS & BEYOND APPERANCES (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES NO SLEEVES US $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA Shape Shifter 2012 NEW / FACTORY SEALED CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
SANTANA Evil Ways / waiting 7 inch 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA "Such Is Life" UK Twinkle Label 1993 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Santana's Greatest Hits CD Evil Jingo Samba Oye Cabo Persuasion FREE SHIPPING B US $7.99 [0 bids]
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) Hard Rock Music FREE SHIP NR A US $6.25 [0 bids]
Carlos Santana 47 Guitar Tabs Software Lesson CD, 27 Backing Tracks US $6.75 [0 bids]
SANTANA Winning 7 inch 45 US $1.13 [0 bids]
SANTANA - COLOUR COLLECTION - NEW CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Las Grandes canciones Bob Dylan,Santana,Paul Anka,Neil Sedaka,Roy Orbison 4CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Essential Instrumental History Santana,Percy Faith,Hugo Montenegro,deodato,4CD US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Essential Memories of Love 3CD+1DVD Air Supply,Michael Bolton,Santana,Sade,Bosto US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Santana - She's Not There / Zulu 45 rpm Vinyl Columbia Records NM 1977 US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA OYE COMO VA + SAMBA PA' TI RARE ARGENTINA 7" SINGLE PROMO US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Santana Moonflower 1977 Columbia 34914 Psychedelic Blues Rock Gate 2 LPs US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
SANTANA viva US $14.09 Buy It Now 3h
SANTANA ABRAXAS KC 30130 COLUMBIA 2LP RECORD ALBUM COVER IN GREAT CONDITION WITH US $3.99 [0 bids]
Santana "Supernatural" and Dave Matthews Band "Crash" CD's (2-disk set) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Santana - Grand Prix 20 on CBS/Sony Records Japanese Import w/ Insert US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
JUELZ SANTANA - WHAT THE GAME'S BEEN MISSING (CLEAN) NEW CD US $20.84 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista)No artwork US $1.80 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Lot of 4 33lps, Santana,America View,Dennis DeYoung,Gregory Abbot, tested work US $9.99 [1 bids]
Juan Santana - Atlántico/ Vynil US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Psychedelic Rock Lot 8 Cassettes Doors Hendrix Dead Santana Crosby Stills Nash US $16.00 [0 bids]
Jingo [Delta] by Santana (CD, Mar-1997, Laserlight USA) US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Santana Marathon LP Orange Label 1979 CBS Columbia lyrical sleeve jacket US $5.00 [0 bids]
CARLOS SANTANA BLUES FOR SALVADOR 1987 LP RARE NO RESERVE FREE SHIPPING!! US $16.94 [0 bids]
SANTANA FESTIVAL Tested 8 Track Tape New Pad US $1.50 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles Live! Vinyl Record US $6.99 [0 bids]
Shaman by Santana (CD, Oct-2002, Arista) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Rare Vintage Santana Concert Ticket Stub 4/11/1973 Atlanta Georgia US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 59m
JUELZ SANTANA - WHAT THE GAME'S BEEN MISSING NEW CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $2.50 Buy It Now 4h 25m
(977A) Santana, Cry Baby Cry - DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Vintage Santana Debut LP Record First Album STILL SEALED!!! US $26.00 [2 bids]
SANTANA - CRY BABY CRY ORIG RADIO DJ PROMO ADV CD Nr MINT US $6.38 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Santana-Santana III-Columbia KC 30595 US $5.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA - INNER SECRETS (1978) 12" vinyl LP - Columbia - FC 35600 US $6.49 Buy It Now 4h 34m
SANTANA - SANTANA: THE COLLECTION - SANTANA/ABRAXAS/SANTANA III - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
JORGE SANTANA SELF TITLED SEALED LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Shakira Oral Fixation Vol. 2 Rick Rubin Santana Wyclef US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
SANTANA - SUPERNATURAL CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
"Abraxas" by Santana [MFSL LP] US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Recupera Tus Clasicos Santana CD NEW 4 Disc Boxed Set 40 Songs Sealed! US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 46m
SANTANA ABRAXAS COLUMBIA QUAD 1970 US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Santana - Havana Moon / Lightnin 1983 BRAZIL ONLY PROMO 7"Single PS Carlos US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h
Very rare SANTANA LP - CARAVANSERAI - MISPRINT -- NO WRITING on SIDE 1 US $10.99 [0 bids]
Shaman by Santana (CD, 2002, Arista) US $3.99 [0 bids]
CMJ New Music Vol 73 Sept 1999 CD 19trks Santana, Public Enemy, Ash, Screwball US $3.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA Classic Rock LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Santana between good and evil new sealed US $6.99 [0 bids]
Santana - Legendary First Release - Cassette - Tested & Guaranteed!! US $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
NICE COPY OF SANTANA "SANTANA" LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Unknown Artist Santana Coleccion Stelar CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 18m
NEW SEALED CASSETTE TAPE THE BEST OF SANTANA US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
SANTANA FESTIVAL VINYL LP AL 34423 STEREO US $12.95 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Island 1994 Sampler CD (Santana,Cranberries,Jules ShearMarianne Faithful,Pulp)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
CMJ New Music Vol 73 (Santana,Mos Def,Tricky,Public Enemy,Sparks,Sevendust,Bis) US $6.99 [0 bids]
2 LP LOT SALE SANTANA ABRAXAS/CARAVANSERAI UK PRESS + POSTER ABRAXAS LATIN PSYCH US $11.99 [0 bids]
Santana - The Essential Santana 2CD'S IN CASE US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Santana (2CD Woodstock Experience Edition) * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $19.05 Buy It Now 6h
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $10.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA FREEDOM JAPAN MADE MINI LP CD NEW SICP-2880 US $32.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
12" Jorge Santana ~ Sandy / Darling I Love You Tomato VG+ Latin Disco US $1.99 [0 bids]
Santana Caravanserai LP US $10.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA SUPERNATURAL ARISTA CD 1999 US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
SANTANA "NM WAX" Moonflower 40AP787 OBI 2LP AC1866 US $4.99 [1 bids]
Blues for Salvador, Santana, , New US $15.71 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Leon Patillo "I Can" CD SIGNED!! Xian Contemporary Christian Santana RARE 1999 US $14.36 Buy It Now 6h 28m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"