ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
Sbme Special Mkts. 2003
SantanaSantana
Remastered
Sony 1998
Best Instrumentals (Sony)Best Instrumentals (Sony)
Extra tracks · Import
Sony Bmg Europe 2000
Santana - Spirits Dancing in the Flesh LP RECORD COLUMBIA C46065 US $22.00 Buy It Now 34m 20s
EL CHICANO S/T 1973 JAPAN Only CD 1995 W/Obi BOM504 Latin Santana RARE! US $59.00 Buy It Now 38m 7s
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $2.99 [0 bids]
38m 56s
Radio Show: BLUES DELUXE 10/24/10 CLAPTON, SANTANA, BB KING, R.STEWART, R.WOOD US $15.99 Buy It Now 39m 2s
sealed Vinyl, Santana U.S. Copy Self titled CS 9781 Sealed Mint US $15.00 [0 bids]
40m 11s
Santana - Abraxas [Vinyl New] US $26.27 Buy It Now 44m 21s
Santana // Santana III Legacy Edition // Double CD US $14.50 [0 bids]
44m 23s
Santana [Vinyl New] US $25.97 Buy It Now 44m 24s
Santana - Lotus [Vinyl New] US $51.45 Buy It Now 45m 35s
Santana - Beyond Appearances [CD New] US $5.85 Buy It Now 47m 5s
Santana - Amigos [CD New] US $6.99 Buy It Now 53m 24s
FRA LIPPO LIPPI CHRIS KIRKPATRICK SANTANA LUTHER VANDROSS DVD KARAOKE 200 SONGS US $18.99 Buy It Now 54m 5s
Santana - Original Album Classics [CD New] US $11.92 Buy It Now 54m 20s
High Profile - Santana CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
56m 26s
NEW AND SEALED THE BEST HITS OF SANTANA SHE'S NOT THERE CD RARE! US $5.97 Buy It Now 59m 53s
Sacred Fire: Live in Mexico by Santana (VHS, Nov-199... US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SANTANA: MOONFLOWER 1977 2LP LATIN BLUES ROCK VG/VG US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SANTANA: FREEDOM 1987 RELEASE IN GREAT CONDITION EX+/EX+ US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 11m
SANTANA: BEYOND APPEARANCES 1985 16th ALBUM RELEASE US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 13m
SANTANA-ABRAXAS-HALF-SPEED MASTERED-AUDIOPHILE-CBS HC 40130 -VINYL LP RECORD-NM US $29.92 Buy It Now 1h 16m
CARLOS SANTANA & BUDDY MILES Live LATIN R&B ROCK LP 1972 US $14.57 Buy It Now 1h 30m
SANTANA Abraxas LATIN R&B POP ROCK LP 1970 US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 31m
SANTANA I'm The One Who Loves You b/w Right Now STOCK 7" 45 M- US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
SANTANA/AMIGOS JPN SOPO117 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/AMIGOS w/OBI JPN SOPO117 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/BLACK MAGIC WOMAN JPN CBSA82089 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/EUROPA(EARTH`S CRY HEAVEN`S SMILE) JPN SOPB351 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/FLOR DLUNA(MOON FLOWER) JPN 06SP203 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/MARATHON w/OBI JPN 25AP1628 US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA/ZEBOP! w/OBI JPN 25AP2020 US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
SANTANA AMIGOS SPEAKERS CORNER RECORDS 180g SEALED NEW US $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Early Magic by Santana (CD, Pair) US $0.99 [0 bids]
santana programme / tour book x 2 ...1979 / 1980 US $58.28 [0 bids]
Santana - Caravanseri lp Gatefold KC31610 Stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $1.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - SANTANA THREE - BONUS TRACKS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $56.87 Buy It Now 2h 14m
santana lp self titled cs 9781 2 eye label vg+/vg+ 1st pressing US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
CD* Smooth / El Farol - SANTANA f. ROB THOMAS *** PROMOTIONAL SINGLE *** US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $3.00 [0 bids]
VINYL LP- SANTANA / ABRAXAS (JAPAN PRESSING, QUADRAPHONIC, FOIL SLEEVE) US $24.32 [0 bids]
LP SANTANA - AMIGOS (CBS S 86005) 1976 UK ORIGINAL ISSUE ALBUM EX/EX+ US $16.13 [0 bids]
SANTANA - OYE COMO VA 7" VINYL US $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Santana - Greatest Hits (CD 1992) US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 25m
SANTANA BORBOLETTA cbs UK pr Lp MINT US $16.20 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Santana 3 Columbia Records KC 30595 NM Vinyl VG+ Cover Super Clean US $2.34 [3 bids]
SANTANA;"GREATEST HITS" ORIG UK; EX COND;1974..UK MINT VINYL;EX COVER; US $19.45 Buy It Now 2h 34m
SANTANA - FREEDOM NEW CD US $21.65 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Santana LP Vinyl Record Lot/Collection Abraxas Marathon Borboletta Inner Secrets US $24.75 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Santana - Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Class [CD New] US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
LP Santana - Marathon 1979 Holland press EX/EX US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 58m
SANTANA - Santana's Greatest Hits - 1974 UK CBS LP US $40.51 Buy It Now 2h 59m
LOVE DEVOTION SURRENDER Carlos Santana Mahavishnu J McLaughlin LP CBS EX+ US $8.92 Buy It Now 3h 3m
CARLOS SANTANA Havana Moon JAPAN 1983 CD 1st Press 35DP-56 RARE US $49.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Abraxas [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Santana (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia (USA)) US $3.69 Buy It Now 3h 4m
SANTANA-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.85 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Carlos Santana, The Game Of Love 33/45rpm 12" still sealed US $25.00 [0 bids]
Santana The Ballade Japan import CD US $5.99 [0 bids]
Caravanserai [Remaster] by Santana (CD, Sep-2003, Columbia/Legacy) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SACD catalog Bernstein Lauper Santana Journey Joel Jackson Footloose Meat Boston US $29.99 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits by Santana - LIKE NEW (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Santana - Black Magic Woman VG++ 1970 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Santana's Greatest Hits JC 33050 AL 33050 33 LP tested works US $4.98 [0 bids]
Santana - S/t New Gold Disc LP Vinyl ASP-1006 US $2.00 [0 bids]
CD Santana: SUPERNATURAL (CD Jun-1999 Arista) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Santana - Hits Collection [CD New] US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Chris Brown Run It DJ 12" Vinyl Record Promo Great Condition Juelz Santana Remix US $10.63 Buy It Now 3h 48m
SANTANA - "FREEDOM" Original music cassette US $1.60 [0 bids]
SANTANA - Greatest Hits (2 CD Digipak) US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Best of 2 by Santana US $4.21 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Santana - Marathon - LP Record VG+ VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
Live Forever CD Sacred Sources Santana Coltrane Stevie Ray Vaughan Hendrix Gaye US $20.00 [0 bids]
4h
SANTANA SUPERNATURAL CD US $5.95 [0 bids]
SPIRIT/DR. HOOK/BOB DYLAN/REO SPEEDWAGON/SANTANA/POCO++ US $7.50 [0 bids]
Borboletta by Santana Vinyl Record LP 12 Tracks Vintage 1974 US $9.99 [0 bids]
DIRTY DANCING 2 cd HAVANA NIGHTS wyclef jean BLACK EYED PEAS santana AGUILERA US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
LOT: 2 TESTED 8 TRACK TAPES- SANTANA -SANTANA & ABRAXAS US $12.95 [0 bids]
Carlos Santana CD Shango 30th Anniversary Edition US $7.99 [0 bids]
Santana CD Marathon Austrian pressing US $3.99 [0 bids]
Santana CD Borboletta Austrian pressing US $3.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA : SUPERNATURAL CD Album 1999 Ex. US $4.85 Buy It Now 4h 24m
CHRIS BROWN-RUN IT FEAT JUELZ SANTANA 3-VERSION PROMO CD C19 @ US $14.47 Buy It Now 4h 28m
CARLOS SANTANA LOVE DEVOTION AND SURRENDER columbia 73 USA Lp EX US $14.57 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
SANTANA "SQ 4ch / NM WAX" Caravanserai SOPN-38 LP AD5964 US $7.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA Moonflower 40AP787 OBI 2LP AD5998 US $7.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA "NM WAX" Santana 15AP620 OBI LP Ad1960 US $21.51 [6 bids]
Moncho Santana-Aqui Estoy-LP-Combo-Shrink-Near Mint-Vinyl Record US $7.99 [1 bids]
SANTANA "NM WAX / POSTER" Santana Abraxas SOPC-57102 LP AD4909 US $8.50 [3 bids]
Santana Amigos vinyl LP 1976 VG+ Columbia Records Stereo Gatefold US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 35m
OMAR SANTANA STEP THE FUK BACK ALL STAR REMIXES 2 LP SET 675 US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
SANTANA - ABRAXAS NEW CD US $12.32 Buy It Now 4h 42m
SANTANA - HITS COLLECTION (IMPORT) NEW CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 4h 42m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"