ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

The Best of SantanaThe Best of Santana
Sony 1998
Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
SantanaSantana
Remastered
SupernaturalSupernatural
Bmg/Arista 1999
Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All TimeGuitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time
Arista 2010
MoonflowerMoonflower
Extra tracks · Remastered
Sony 2003
Santana,Juelz - What The Game's Been Missing [CD New] US $8.66 Buy It Now 38m 42s
Santana - Best Instrumentals [CD New] US $8.86 Buy It Now 38m 59s
MAFIA AND FLUXY- MUSIC FOR LOVERS VOL.4 LP (Santana/Al & Don Campbell/John Holt) US $4.21 Buy It Now 43m 20s
SANTANA '68 CD pre-Columbia soundboard latin jams Carlos record Jingo record US $24.95 Buy It Now 45m 53s
SANTANA "Zebop" Columbia #37158 LP 1981 US $11.00 Buy It Now 47m 58s
SANTANA: ABRAXAS ~ Original 180 Gram ARS Import MINT US $74.99 Buy It Now 50m 34s
Keyboard City [Digipak] * by Salvador Santana (CD, Feb-2010, Quannum Distributed US $1.25 Buy It Now 56m 1s
SANTANA CD Old World New World RRC 025 live greatest moments She's Not There US $34.95 Buy It Now 58m 8s
SANTANA - Corazon - CD+DVD US $25.78 Buy It Now 59m 27s
SANTANA Self Titled LION COVER 1969 Columbia LP CS 9781 EXC- US $8.75 Buy It Now 1h
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Santana : All That I Am CD (2005) US $3.68 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Santana : Between Good & Evil CD (1998) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 7m
SANTANA CD WOODSTOCK '94 set 8/14/94 1994 Wood Amcos live 8/30/80 Shelton CT US $34.95 Buy It Now 1h 10m
QUAD QUADRAPHONIC LP CARLOS SANTANA s/t Audiophile US $17.82 Buy It Now 1h 14m
SANTANA -- Lotus (3-LP SET / CBS #66-325) IMPORT -- MINT Condition! US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
SANTANA -- The Collection (CD) AUSTRALIAN IMPORT -- MINT Condition US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Santana - Shaman CD (Sealed) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Santana - Supernatural CD (Sealed) US $1.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA: One Chain SEALED disco version single US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Neal Schon - Late Night LP nm original with inner sleeve Journey Santana US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
SANTANA - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF KA1) US $7.61 Buy It Now 1h 22m
SANTANA - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF KA2) US $7.61 Buy It Now 1h 22m
SANTANA - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF KA3) US $7.61 Buy It Now 1h 22m
CARLOS SANTANA MAHAVISHNU JOHN McLAUGHLIN- LOVE DEVOTION SURRENDER VINYL ALBUM US $5.05 Buy It Now 1h 25m
SANTANA- MOONFLOWER- DOUBLE VINYL ALBUM US $5.90 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Santana - Spirits Dancing In The Flesh [CD New] US $31.29 Buy It Now 1h 34m
CARLOS SANTANA LP " Amigos " COLUMBIA Canada 1976' ** ROCK ** US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Lot of 2 Original Santana Zebop Moonflower Double LP Vinyl Set US $4.99 [0 bids]
Santana III by Santana (CD, Mar-1998, Columbia (USA)) US $4.94 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Santana - Live At The Fillmore-1968 [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
SANTANA Abraxas CBS S 64087 (1970) UK PRESS Black Magic Woman EX/EX LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Santana ABRAXAS 2nd Album GATEFOLD 180g +Poster NEW SEALED Sundazed VINYL LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Santana - Right On - music cd EP US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
E-40 U & Dat CD Promo 4 Gutter Mixes T-Pain Juelz Santana Kandi 2006 Lacrate US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Lil Wayne/Juelz Santana : When the North & South Collide CD (2007) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
SANTANA CD Give and Take live vol 2 1973 1976 Tokyo London rare On Stage silver US $34.95 Buy It Now 2h 13m
MUSIC CASSETTE "VIVA SANTANA VOL.1" RARE COLLECTION FROM THAILAND. US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
CARLOS SANTANA BUDDY MILES Evil Ways Turkey Turkish Edition PS 7" PROMO COPY US $30.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA 'Europa' 1976 French 7"/45 rpm vinyl single US $5.90 [0 bids]
SANTANA CD We Love You Bill Graham live 1991 digipak silver Golden Gate SF Tuff US $34.95 Buy It Now 2h 19m
SANTANA CD Live at Sunrise CD Fort. Lauderdale FL 4/19/88 1988 Swingin' Pig US $34.95 Buy It Now 2h 24m
WOODSTOCK Best Of 1969 Rock Festival CD The Who, CSNY, Hendrix, Santana US $2.49 [1 bids]
Santana 45 Jingo/Evil Ways Columbia Records 1969 #13-33185 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
SANTANA "WINNING" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 33m
VARIOUS Special Quadriphonie French Ltd 7 Santana Ramsey Lewis J. Mathis Listen US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
SANTANA Well All Right Dutch 45PS 1978 US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Juelz Santana "From Me To You" Double LP Vinyl Record * Roc-A-FellA Records US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
CARLOS SANTANA & BUDDY MILES Live LATIN R&B ROCK LP 1972 US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 47m
SANTANA Abraxas LATIN R&B POP ROCK LP 1970 US $13.51 Buy It Now 2h 49m
SANTANA "EVIL WAYS" COLUMBIA Records Vinyl 45 Rpm Free S/H USA! US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
SANTANA - BEST INSTRUMENTALS NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 2h 51m
CARLOS SANTANA / BUDDY MILES - CARLOS SANTANA & BUDDY MILES LIVE NEW CD US $15.06 Buy It Now 2h 51m
SANTANA - BORBOLETTA NEW CD US $12.37 Buy It Now 2h 51m
SANTANA - WELCOME NEW CD US $16.19 Buy It Now 2h 52m
SANTANA - LIVE AT THE FILLMORE-1968 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 2h 52m
SANTANA - SAME (IMPORT) NEW CD US $16.95 Buy It Now 2h 52m
SANTANA: Moonflower ~ NM/EX+ UK CBS 2LP ~ GATEFOLD SLEEVE + INNERS ~ CBS88272 US $15.20 Buy It Now 2h 54m
SANTANA - LOTUS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 2h 59m
BEST OF SANTANA & FRIENDS KARAOKE CDG ($19.99) CD+G BEST OF CLASSIC ROCK HITS US $9.28 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Rock NM! 45 SANTANA Samba Pa Ti on Columbia US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Santana III, LP, Vinyl, 1971, Columbia, AL 30595, Near Mint US $3.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - Corazon - Deluxe Edition With 3 Extra Tracks Plus DVD - Audio CD + DVD US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
SANTANA NEW VINYL US $38.79 Buy It Now 3h 20m
SANTANA -THE BEST OF 1 LP Greek PRESS VINYL 1991 RARE! US $25.34 Buy It Now 3h 21m
SANTANA 45's - 2 record lot! (INCLUDES PICTURE SLEEVES) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
STILL SEALED S/S Santana, Edgar Winter, Byrds, Dave Mason(Traffic), New Riders US $4.99 [0 bids]
Santana Greatest Hits LP , COLUMBIA VERY GOOD CONDITION, 1974 US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Very rare SANTANA LP - CARAVANSERAI - MISPRINT -- NO WRITING on SIDE 1 US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
STILL SEALED S/S Beatles, Santana, Animals, Roy Hawkins, Elvis DOUBLE LP --NEW US $7.99 [0 bids]
Guitar Legends [Box] by Santana (CD, Apr-2007, 2 Discs, St. Clair) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Santana - Supernatural - Bulgarian release, 1999 US $4.65 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Carlos Santana CD Early Years 2 Discs Evil Ways Hot Tamales US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Santana - Masterpieces - The Gold Edition NEW 2 x CD US $21.79 Buy It Now 3h 41m
SANTANA VIVA EL FREEDOM US $5.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA**CORAZON (DELUXE)**CD + DVD SET US $17.50 Buy It Now 3h 42m
SANTANA**CORAZON**CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, Nov-1992, Columbia (USA)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Santana Love Devotion Surrender-LP Record Album Condition Very Good US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
SANTANA VOL. 1 WAITIN' FOR ALL THESE YEARS 4 CD US $29.99 [0 bids]
Santana : Ceremony: Remixes and Rarities [Us Import] CD (2003) US $3.96 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Devadip CAROLS SANTANA/Turiya Alice COLTRANE - Illumination 1984 UK LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Maria Maria [CD Single] by Santana (CD, Jan-2000)~Featuring The Product G US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Dance of the Rainbow Serpent [Box] by Santana (CD, Oct-1997, 3 Discs, Legacy) US $10.99 [0 bids]
Rock NM! 45 SANTANA Tell Me Are You Tired on Columbia 7" US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
CD SANTANA SHAMAN 16 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
SANTANA ABRAXAS VINYL LP 1970 ORIGINAL GATE FOLD WITH POSTER US $3.99 [0 bids]
Carlos SANTANA Somewhere In heaven w/ ULTRA SHORT EDIT USA PROMO DJ CD Single US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h
Santana / Viva Santana! - Fat Box - 2CD album US $1.67 [0 bids]
Carlos SANTANA & EVERLAST Put your lights on w/ EDIT & VIDEO PROMO DJ CD Single US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
ALICE COLTRANE & CARLOS SANTANA Illuminations '74 CBS UK w sticker + insert M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
LOS LOBOS-BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON CASSETTE MINT COND // SANTANA/MARLO/ BEATLES US $13.54 [0 bids]
Sacred Fire, Santana, Acceptable Live US $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time by Santana (CD,... US $1.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - INNER SECRETS NEW CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Santana : Forever Gold Live CD (2000) US $7.97 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Santana Columbia Promo 45 Record #10938 EX One Chain Don't Make No Prison US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA MOONFLOWER 2 LP SET GATEFOLD COVER 635 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
IN GOOD COMPANY Gun SANTANA Black Widow BYRDS Chicago 1970 CBS FREE UK POST US $17.92 Buy It Now 4h 44m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"