ZEBOP

Buy SANTANA Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Changes (4:27)
2. E Papa Re (4:32)
3. Primera Invasion (2:08)
4. Searchin' (3:54)
5. Over and Over (4:46)
6. Winning (3:28)
7. Tales of Kilimanjaro (3:24)
8. The Sensitive Kind (3:32)
9. American Gypsy (3:39)
10. I Love You Much Too Much (4:43)
11. Brightest Star (4:49)
12. Hannibal (3:41)

- Graham Lear / Drums
- Alex Ligertwood / Vocals
- Oresto Vilato / timbales
- Paul Rekow / congas, vocals

CD NULL/Columbia CK 37158 (Jan, 1981)
LP NULL/Columbia FC 37158 (Jan, 1981)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

SANTANA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SANTANA Zebop Music

Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)Corazon (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) (Amazon Exclusive)
RCA 2014
Bmg/Arista 1999
MoonflowerMoonflower
Extra tracks · Remastered
Sony 2003
Best Instrumentals (Sony)Best Instrumentals (Sony)
Extra tracks · Import
Sony Bmg Europe 2000
SANTANA ~ Shango *original Lp SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
CARLOS SANTANA - AUTOGRAPH SIGNED POSTER PRINT PHOTO - LOOKS GREAT FRAMED!!!! US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
CARLOS SANTANA - AUTOGRAPH SIGNED POSTER PRINT PHOTO - LOOKS GREAT FRAMED!!!! US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
CARLOS SANTANA - AUTOGRAPH SIGNED POSTER PRINT PHOTO - LOOKS GREAT FRAMED!!!! US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
CARLOS SANTANA - AUTOGRAPH SIGNED POSTER PRINT PHOTO - LOOKS GREAT FRAMED!!!! US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Carlos Santana **GUITAR TABS Lesson Software CD ( 70 Songs ) US $6.85 [0 bids]
SANTANA CORAZON ESPINADO FEAT MANA EXTREMLY RARE MEXICAN FIRST PRESS SINGLE US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
^ SANTANA freedom SICP 2880 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
^ SANTANA beyond appearances SICP 2879 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
SUNFLY KARAOKE KOOL HITS CD+G Madonna,Santana,Beyonce,Chris Brown,Coldplay US $4.70 Buy It Now 1h 59m
MALO Dos LP 1972 Jorge Santana Latin Rock 12" US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Welcome, Santana, New Limited Edition US $28.49 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Santana ~45~ Everybodys Everything/ No One To Depend On US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Santana Backing tracks 6 instrumentals great jam music US $5.77 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Golden Legends: Santana Live by Santana (CD, Feb-2006, Madacy Distribution) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h
Santana - Inner Secrets CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 3h 5m
The very best of Santana CD US $6.77 Buy It Now 3h 14m
The Best of Santana [Intercontinental] by Santana (CD, 1996) NEW US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
SANTANA 45 RPM ZULU / SHE'S NOT THERE 1977 STEREO US $3.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 5 Concert Dvds, Metallica, Jimmy Page,Grateful Dead,Santana,Janis Joplin US $24.95 [0 bids]
CARLOS SANTANA Hand Signed HUGE 12"x18" Photo 1 + EXACT PROOF US $375.98 Buy It Now 4h 5m
CARLOS SANTANA Hand Signed HUGE 12"x18" Photo 2 + EXACT PROOF US $375.98 Buy It Now 4h 7m
GATO BARBIERI CARLOS SANTANA Mujer Latina 7" Promo Spain US $20.00 [0 bids]
SANTANA "Shape Shifter" LP Sealed + MP3 Download US $26.34 [0 bids]
Santana - Star Box 17 Songs Japan Only CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana - Run It / I May Never Find (CD Single) US $5.92 Buy It Now 4h 26m
SANTANA SHANGO JAPAN MADE MINI LP CD NEW SICP-2878 US $23.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Santana - 3 Original Album Classics - NEW - (Illuminations/Oneness/The Swing of US $16.62 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Santana CD SONY US $22.86 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Santana - Multi-Dimensional Warrior (2008) 2 x CD US $12.71 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Santana - The Best Of Santana CD US $3.77 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Santana - Black Magic Woman (The Best of , 2000) B9 US $3.60 Buy It Now 5h 4m
"REFLECTIONS"~UK LP 1982~Abba~Santana~Fleetwood Mac~Vangelis~Morricone~Williams US $13.56 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - Abraxas Mini LP CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $22.49 Buy It Now 5h 34m
SANTANA - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $11.80 Buy It Now 5h 53m
SANTANA - Amigos (reissue) - gatefold LP US $48.53 Buy It Now 5h 56m
PINK FLOYD & SANTANA - 16 Pro Backing Tracks NO GUITAR US $13.49 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Richie Santana - Progressive State Of Mind (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 6h
SANTANA ~'All That I Am'~Rare 5 Track 'PROMO' 2005~NEW~Will.i.Am~Aerosmith~Stone US $16.96 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Santana - Zebop! (1984) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.76 Buy It Now 6h 10m
SANTANA ZEBOP LP ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE 708 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
SANTANA MARATHON (IMPORT) CASSETTE TAPE ALBUM B10 US $2.17 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Santana - Ultimate Collection (3cd) (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $15.98 Buy It Now 6h 22m
SANTANA ~'Ultimate Santana' ~ Rare UK 'PROMO ONLY' 5 Track CD Sampler 2007 US $16.96 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Santana - Santana Jams/Eary Classics (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.94 Buy It Now 6h 23m
SANTANA INNER SECRETS & BEYOND APPERANCES (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES NO SLEEVES US $0.99 [0 bids]
CARLOS SANTANA JOHN McLAUGHLIN LOVE DEVOTION SURRENDER JAPAN MINI LP CD w.OBI SR US $19.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA - OYE COMO VA- SAMBA PA TI 7/45 PORTUGAL CBS US $9.99 [0 bids]
Guitar Heaven : The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time by Santana CD 2010 US $5.34 Buy It Now 6h 33m
SANTANA III 3 Three Double 180g Remastered Vinyl LP + 4 Bonus Tracks NEW SEALED US $42.42 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Greatest Hits by Santana (CD, 1974, Columbia CBS ) ANALOG TO DIGITAL US $5.34 Buy It Now 6h 48m
SANTANA black magic woman JAPAN 7" CBSA82089 kR4 US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
SANTANA 25 HITS RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESSING SUZY RECO..1979 EX-//NM-/NM- US $25.00 Buy It Now 6h 53m
SANTANA SAME RARE EX YUGOSLAVIA PRESSING 1983 EX-/EX US $21.00 Buy It Now 6h 53m
SANTANA-OYE COMO VA EXTRA RARE OTIGINAL INDIA 1971..VG++/EX+TO NM- US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 55m
SANTANA HAVE YOU GOT INNER SECRETS 1978 VINTAGE METAL TOUR BADGE US $10.17 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Santana - On The Road To Woodstock (NEW CD) US $17.38 Buy It Now 7h 27m
SANTANA - 8 TRACL SAMPLER From The Serpent - Promo CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Havana Moon by Santana  Carlos Santana  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Ship US $7.50 Buy It Now 7h 29m
SANTANA - LIVE AT THE BOTTOM LINE 1978 - AACD0121 US $14.83 Buy It Now 7h 29m
SANTANA~CD~Self Titled~Evil Ways~Columbia Records~CK-9781~Excellent Condition~ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Santana Festival 1977 1st Press, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND QUALITY! Audiophile US $24.00 Buy It Now 7h 33m
SANTANA Supernatural Legacy Edition 2CD BRAND NEW Digipak US $18.64 Buy It Now 7h 33m
SANTANA CARAVANSERAI 1972 COLUMBIA RECORD VINYL LP KC 31610 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA SELF TITLED GATE FOLD COVER COLUMBIA RECORD VINYL LP KC 30595 US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARLOS SANTANA & BUDDY MILES LIVE 1972 COLUMBIA VINYL RECORD LP KC 31308 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SANTANA Caravanserai GATEFOLD CBS orange US $15.26 Buy It Now 7h 54m
SANTANA LOTUS 10 REPLICA'S TO THE ORIGINAL LP JAPAN OBI 10 CD Sealed Box Set US $594.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
JOHN LEE HOOKER healer LP 10 track stickered sleeve featuring santana,bonnie ra US $16.11 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Santana by Santana vg+/vg++ Columbia LP Latin US $9.95 Buy It Now 8h
It's LL and Santana by LL Cool J vg++ Jef Jam promo 12" Hip Hop US $5.95 Buy It Now 8h
Harlem by Cam'ron & Juelz Santana vg+ Roc-A-Fella 12" Hip Hop US $19.95 Buy It Now 8h
SANTANA borboletta LP 12 track orange sunburst label re issue (32157) uk cbs 0 US $13.58 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Santana 33lp US $3.60 [2 bids]
What the Game's Been Missing! [PA] [Digipak] [Limited] by Juelz Santana (CD, Nov US $2.50 [0 bids]
Santana Abraxas POSTER US $5.07 Buy It Now 8h 29m
DEVADIP CARLOS SANTANA TURIYA ALICE COLTRANE illuminations LP 5 track orange lab US $14.55 Buy It Now 8h 30m
SANTANA FEAT. MICHELLE BRANCH THE GAME OF LOVE MEGA RARE MEXICAN CD PROMO US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Amazonas - Amazonas Play Santana - MER 377 LP Record US $16.96 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Narada Michael Walden ?Awakening NEW SEALED Vinyl LP Carlos Santana Jazz Fusion US $10.00 [0 bids]
Live at the Fillmore 1968 by Santana (CD, Mar-1997, 2 Discs, Columbia/Legacy) US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
RIOT Welcome To The World Of Riot LP Santana John De Luna Latin / Motown 1974 US $16.97 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Santana(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)Moonflower-VG/VG US $11.02 Buy It Now 9h 22m
"Santana" Self Titled (KC 30595) Columbia Records KC US $13.00 [0 bids]
Santana III Quad Quadraphonic LP 1972 US $23.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Santana - Santana New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.69 Buy It Now 9h 34m
45 SANTANA ~ STORMY / WELL ALL RIGHT US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Santana, "Inner Secrets" vinyl LP ... PC-35600 US $5.50 [0 bids]
33LP SANTANA SANTANA US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Down/Now What Feat. T.I [Single] [12 inch Vinyl Disc] by Juelz Santana (Vinyl, US $0.01 [0 bids]
Juelz Santana Town/M [Single] [PA] [12 inch Vinyl Disc] by Juelz Santana... US $0.01 [0 bids]
Santana Nowhere Winning NM/Brightest Star NM 1981 Rock 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
JIM JONES SUMMER WITMIAMI TREY SONGS BABY GIRL MAX B DIPSET CAMRON JUELZ SANTANA US $0.01 [0 bids]
There It Go (The Whistle Song) [Single] [12 inch Vinyl by Juelz Santana DIPSET US $0.01 [0 bids]
JUELZ SANTANA MIC CHECK DEFJAM DIPSET CAMRON JIM JONES US $0.01 [0 bids]
There It Go (The Whistle Song) [Single] [12 inch Vinyl Disc] by Juelz Santana... US $0.01 [0 bids]
Supernatural by Santana (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $0.99 [0 bids]
10h
SANTANA'S GREATEST HITS - Evil Ways / Black Magic Woman / Oye Como Va + 7 MORE US $3.95 Buy It Now 10h 7m

More places to buy SANTANA music online Buy SANTANA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SANTANA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SANTANA Zebop ratings distribution

SANTANA Zebop reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars After the surprising (and cornerstone) album of Marathon, this albumhad me completely worried with its highly unusual (for Santana) artwork which was a little too trendy for me, not to ring a few alarm bells. And from the few I heard on the radio, it was actually confirming my fears. Santana had indeed moved to the 80's also and were trying to survive.

I was definitely not a fan of the Cat Stevens cover Changes and even now I still have an uneasy twitch when I hear it, although I must admit it it is less the case nowadays. Maybe it aged better than I thought it would. It is a feeling that can be applied to the whole album actually. E Papa Re is a typical 80's Santana Latino-rocker, while Primavera Invasion is an indication that the 70's group was still there with all its power. But unfortunately this album holds its share of much lesser tracks (dare I say stinkers?) such as Searching (a hit for them) and its execrable twin Winning (the other hit of it) with an awful 80's feel. Kilimandjaro might just be the highlight of the album, and Sensitive Kind is your typical 80's Santana separating another excellent rocker American Gypsy. The closing Brightest Star and Hannibals end the album in a better fashion than it started.

Having re-listened to the album these last few weeks, I must say that it is not as bad as I remembered it (bar the real stiiiiiiiiiiiinkers), but it will remain an 80's thing with short tracks (meaning the duds are so also) with it's fair share of repeatings (Much Too Much reminding yopu the cheesiness of Amigos what's been said before. Hardly essential and maybe the low point in the group's career (until recently), but many groups would love having their worst albums as good as this one.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#96311) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Review by Seyo
2 stars On "Zebop!" SANTANA tried to resurrect the sound of the 1970 but with not so successful results. First of all, a presence of too many covers (R. Ballard, J.J. Cale) tells about creativity crisis, at least as far as composing is concerned. Furthermore, these covers are bad, very bad, in a horrible AOR style. As the matter of fact, all vocal tracks are bad and you simply want to skip them right away. Still, there are several good (but not excellent) moments, mostly instrumental ones - Latino rock "E Papa Re", very good standard jazz- rock in "Primera Invasion" and "American Gypsy", while only "Tales of Kilimanjaro" stands out and ranks among the best compositions in SANTANA's catalogue. Overall, this is largely negligable effort, and these few good moments cannot earn it full 3 stars.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#98679) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 13, 2006

Review by Chris S
4 stars This album has had a very few reviews so far but I have to say this was Santana's best out of the 80's studio works. Musically, production wise, everything shines on this album. OK there are cover versions of JJ Cale ' Sensitive Kind' and a few more ' Changes' being another. Carlos Santana's guitar work is so polished on Zebop it is hard to find fault with the album. The album starts with the AOR opened called ' Changes'. Alex Ligertwood supplying ample decibels in the vocal department.' E Pape Re' follows and is a reminder of a bygone ' Abraxas' era. But again this is new and fresh, great chorus throughout. The fourth track ' Searchin' is great too as it nags away at you trying to find that tangible finite place. CS delivers all the necessary guitar skills to take you on the ride. ' Over and Over' is a bit repetitive but still likeable but the jewel on this album is the closer to side one ' Winning'. This has to be one of Santana's best commercial songs. A must listen!! Side two of the vinyl is consistently strong. ' Tales of Kilimanjaro' has all the normal trademark Santana percussion, ' Sensitive Kind' is almost better than the original and ' Brightest Star' even hints at some laid back ' Samba Pa Ti' type rythms. Highly underrated work and recommended to all Santana fans regardless of those sadly much cursed 80's influenced sounds. A solid four stars.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#104813) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 28, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I really did not expect anything great from Santana any longer. I must admit though that since "Amigos" I have been suffering like hell in listening to their work ("Moonflower" hlding only a few studio tracks). But maybe this one would be an album of another kind ?

The opening track shows no good thing : accoustic guitar intro and an almost gospel vocals. Very poor and not really encouraging (although there is some great guitar work at the end). A very, very poor opener.

The intro for "E Papa Re" sounds like the one of "Taboo - back to Santana III !". This feeling only last for about 45 seconds. After that, we get a crapy disco/soul track like Santana has been used to since "Inner Secrets". Very good guitar again during the last minute or so.

"Primera Invasion" reminds me of My Santana : fantastic ryhtm and percussion. One of the highlight here. Unfortunately as on other albums, the best track is way too short : just above two minutes (it happened already in "Inner Secrets" with "Life Is A Lady" and "Wham!", as well as with the title track "Marathon"). This track reminds me of ... "Abraxas" and "Santana III". I must be dreaming !

I have to admit that with "Searchin" we are still in good territory (vocals are not a highlight though on this number). A good latin-rock track with a very emotional guitar part. This is heaven !

Just to bring us back down to earth : "Over And Over" is as awful as the disco influence on Santana could have been. Terrible. The following track "Winning" is as bad as the previous one. There are little words to describe this : just have a listen and you'll find out by yourselves. We are on par here with their two previous works.

The next track "Tales Of Kilimanjaro" is a good jazz-rock Santana tune. I have to say that it has been a long time that so many good tracks have been released on one album (some "Moonflower" studio track back in 1977). But Santana is really playing with our heart in mixing so much poor and great moments. "Abraxas" mood again.

"The Sensitive Kind" is another good song. A bit reminiscent of "Black Magic Woman", you know when Santana was gorgeous... The latin rythms back again : strong percussions and fabulous guitar. What else do we need from Santana ? "American Gypsy" keeps on with the good old latin percussions and rythms. Incredible rythm. Good keys as well. You'll have to get up and dance on this one.

I can not count how many efforts Carlos did to reproduce "Samba Pa'Ti"(it must be the eight's one since ""Life Is A Lady/Holiday" on Innner Secrets" was the seventh one). "I Love You Much Too Much" is as beautiful of the other ones, a very nice Santana song. Fabulous guitar and good backing band. You see, I am quite easy to please : just put me an average song with good Carlos feeling, and on my way : I will follow.

"Brightest Star" has a beautiful guitar intro, and one can only regret that this is not another full instrumental song (but since Gregg left ages ago, vocals have always been a poor side of Santana). I really wonder how Carlos recruited these singers ! Apart from this weakness, it is another good song (I must be dreaming : at least seven good tracks on a Santana album) ! What a good news ! Finally Carlos is back to business for the biggest joy of fans like me (and some other ones, I guess).

"Hannibal" is not their worse closing number (but it is not very good either).

After two disastrous albums, this one has the merit to propose several good (even great) songs, which was scarcely the case for the last four years. It is a return to the old sounds of which I am so found of. Even if this album is not as good as its legendary predecessors it is a quite decent one. It is a pity though that some tracks are so weak. Still, three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#111693) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 11, 2007

Review by snobb
3 stars Santana's work is often heavily criticised starting from late 70-s, and there are some reasons for that. From the other hand, not everything is so bad.

Zebop is quite competent album from early 80-s. Santana is trying to return back to his early 70-s sound, and some songs sound as replicas (Hannibal,etc). There are some covers as well, from which JJ Cale's "The Sensitive Kind" isn't bad at all. The sound is softer and more rounded, than in his early years, and strong Latin-fusion influence feels in all album's music. But at least his guitar work is almost as great as in his best albums.

Musicians played are not all so great, but I like Alex Ligertwood vocals and Baker's some organ passages. Percussion is competent as well. Not on the level of his best works, but still very listenable and characteristic Santana's album.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#260896) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 15, 2010

4 stars SANTANA's best 80's album, for sure! After the release of a serie of excellent album's at the early 70's, SANTANA enters the 80's, having a dissapointing heritage of 2 albums, that are full of lack of fresh ideas. The band was starting to become predictable and sometimes boring. But ''Zebop!' ... (read more)

Report this review (#463715) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, June 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Carlos goes horribly wrong. The beginning of the 1980s witnessed the move into AOR and the quest for radio airplay from all directions. From prog to jazz. Carlos Santana and his band Santana came flying in from the fusion/jazz/latino genre and landed in radio-friendly AOR land with this albu ... (read more)

Report this review (#366346) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SANTANA "Zebop"